AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to DM users ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2023
Hi everyone,
is there a way to DM a simple user on CB without having to be a fan, or send tokens ?

thanks !

Hi everyone,
is there a way to DM a simple user on CB without having to be a fan, or send tokens ?

thanks !
Sure, purchase a supporter account. $20 a month. It's the upgrade option on your profile.

Upvote 0
ohh, that makes it 80 $ if i have 4 friends i wanna chat with .... :jawdrop:
No, no. Just $20 per month for you. $20 per month for them. It's easier to just be a fan club member for each room. If you use tokens to buy fan club you get three months at once.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

thanks !
By "simple user" do you mean not a model? Visit the user's profile and in the top left you will (should) see a Send DM button. I believe this also works for models, but I have never tried it.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 1.16.37 PM.png

Upvote 0
No, no. Just $20 per month for you. $20 per month for them. It's easier to just be a fan club member for each room. If you use tokens to buy fan club you get three months at once.
Fanclub members can only PM each other while in the room they are fans, obviously.

And I am 99% sure they have to initiate DMs while in the room as well.

I just tested it with 2 other users I am in a fan club with, one that I never had a DM with, and one I had. First one I could not send a DM to, the second I could

Upvote 0
Fanclub members can only PM each other while in the room they are fans, obviously.

And I am 99% sure they have to initiate DMs while in the room as well.

I just tested it with 2 other users I am in a fan club with, one that I never had a DM with, and one I had. First one I could not send a DM to, the second I could
Did you ask either person if they have a supporter or a basic account? Because if you don't have that information then this post serves no use.

Edit: Sorry that was snappy. The whole point of the system is to DM anyone who is online but not in the same room as you.

Upvote 0
Did you ask either person if they have a supporter or a basic account? Because if you don't have that information then this post serves no use.

Edit: Sorry that was snappy. The whole point of the system is to DM anyone who is online but not in the same room as you.
Both are basic accounts, and I didn't even see your message before the edit. :haha:

About your point in the edit: It seems that a streamer is only able to send DMs to users that have visited the streamers room, I tested it just now with my verified account and a grey account.

When just going to the grey account and trying to send a DM I got the message about having to be a supporter etc.. After the grey account had entered my (password-locked) room and left, I could go back to the account and initiate a DM.

Upvote 0
Both are basic accounts, and I didn't even see your message before the edit. :haha:

About your point in the edit: It seems that a streamer is only able to send DMs to users that have visited the streamers room, I tested it just now with my verified account and a grey account.

When just going to the grey account and trying to send a DM I got the message about having to be a supporter etc.. After the grey account had entered my (password-locked) room and left, I could go back to the account and initiate a DM.
Ok so here's what we'll do. I will shoot over an email to support asking how it works. I just spent the last five minutes searching the site for answers on DM and found none. It's not even listed in supporter features.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
Ok so here's what we'll do. I will shoot over an email to support asking how it works. I just spent the last five minutes searching the site for answers on DM and found none. It's not even listed in supporter features.
I wonder if it matters whether the Payment Information Form has been submitted. I have not submitted that, only the Broadcaster Verification Form.

Upvote 0
I wonder if it matters whether the Payment Information Form has been submitted. I have not submitted that, only the Broadcaster Verification Form.
I've sent like 5 DMs and never got an answer from the people I sent them to, but again, the system was designed to message people without being in their room at that time...at least that's what the notification implied when they released it. I've been a cam model on CB for ten years and fully vetted/receive pay outs.

Upvote 0
the system was designed to message people without being in their room at that time...at least that's what the notification implied when they released it.
It has probably been said in other threads, but it seems like CB made this feature because they had a lot of users and streamers suggesting it, but they never had a real plan for it.

Upvote 0
It has probably been said in other threads, but it seems like CB made this feature because they had a lot of users and streamers suggesting it, but they never had a real plan for it.
That could be said for 99% of the features CB rolls out. The only thing that seemed to have legs is the V2 apps.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
That could be said for 99% of the features CB rolls out. The only thing that seemed to have legs is the V2 apps.
Further investigations, the room where I am a fan club member just started streaming.

I am able to send PMs to all other users there, but I am not able to send DMs to them.

Upvote 0
Further investigations, the room where I am a fan club member just started streaming.

I am able to send PMs to all other users there, but I am not able to send DMs to them.
Circling back to needing to be a supporter account to DM users.

Upvote 0
Chaturbate Response: (impressive turn around time, too)

Thank you for your question. This feature allows you to send a direct message to users even if they are not in a broadcaster's room or actively online.

To start a direct message, click on any user's username and select 'Send direct message' from the list of menu options.

All direct message conversations can be accessed by clicking the speech bubble icon located next to your username in the top right corner. Once you select a conversation, a chat window should open in the lower right corner of your browser.

On a mobile device, you can start a direct message conversation by tapping on any user's username and selecting 'Send DM' from the list of menu options. All direct message conversations can then be accessed by tapping the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left corner and then tapping the speech bubble icon located to the right of your username. Once you select a conversation, a chat window should open on the left side of your screen.

Please note, you must be a supporter, fan club member, moderator, or have received a tip from the user you are attempting to message that same day in order to send this direct message. Additionally the Direct Messaging system is separate from the in-room Private Message system you’re already familiar with.

Please let us know if you have any further questions for us.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

Upvote 0
I've sent like 5 DMs and never got an answer from the people I sent them to, but again, the system was designed to message people without being in their room at that time...at least that's what the notification implied when they released it. I've been a cam model on CB for ten years and fully vetted/receive pay outs.
well notification item is barely visible, and maybe some users or broadcasters still dont know the existence of it.

Upvote 0
Chaturbate Response: (impressive turn around time, too)

Thank you for your question. This feature allows you to send a direct message to users even if they are not in a broadcaster's room or actively online.

To start a direct message, click on any user's username and select 'Send direct message' from the list of menu options.

All direct message conversations can be accessed by clicking the speech bubble icon located next to your username in the top right corner. Once you select a conversation, a chat window should open in the lower right corner of your browser.

On a mobile device, you can start a direct message conversation by tapping on any user's username and selecting 'Send DM' from the list of menu options. All direct message conversations can then be accessed by tapping the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left corner and then tapping the speech bubble icon located to the right of your username. Once you select a conversation, a chat window should open on the left side of your screen.

Please note, you must be a supporter, fan club member, moderator, or have received a tip from the user you are attempting to message that same day in order to send this direct message. Additionally the Direct Messaging system is separate from the in-room Private Message system you’re already familiar with.

Please let us know if you have any further questions for us.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

This is good info. Thanks for sharing.

I have one model that was planning to get back to me via CB’s messaging system regarding a custom private show idea. Based on this, I don’t think she’ll be able to until the next time I see her online and visit/tip her (at which point we might as well just PM about it the old school way).

I thought she was going to be able to just drop me a line whenever, and I think she was under that impression, too. Oops.

Upvote 0
From a model perspective, I feel I need to emphasize something many people seem to ignore. You are paying Chaturbate $20 a month to tip a model 5 cents to DM them.

When you join fan clubs it helps boost placement and traffic driven to the room. Sending a DM on the backend doesn't serve her in any way whatsoever. It only benefits you. There are many other ways to accomplish this.

Be a supporter if you want to, it does have benefits like no ads and all that jazz. But be mindful it's not helping the model, 99% of fan club prices are more than reasonable and come with other perks like discounted ticket shows, free monthly content not available to other members and so on depending on the room.

Upvote 0
From a model perspective, I feel I need to emphasize something many people seem to ignore. You are paying Chaturbate $20 a month to tip a model 5 cents to DM them.

When you join fan clubs it helps boost placement and traffic driven to the room. Sending a DM on the backend doesn't serve her in any way whatsoever. It only benefits you. There are many other ways to accomplish this.

Be a supporter if you want to, it does have benefits like no ads and all that jazz. But be mindful it's not helping the model, 99% of fan club prices are more than reasonable and come with other perks like discounted ticket shows, free monthly content not available to other members and so on depending on the room.
Even though this is contrary to the original post I think it is the solution.
Hi everyone,

thanks !
And you and your friends have the added benefit of feeling good by showing support and a certain amount of loyalty to a model

Upvote 0

Point taken, although based on the wording of this section of what CB sent you, I don’t think you have to be both a supporter/fan club member AND tip them to enable DM, right? To me, it reads like any one of these conditions, by itself, allows the model to DM the member:

Please note, you must be a supporter, fan club member, moderator, or have received a tip from the user you are attempting to message that same day in order to send this direct message.

In my case, I’m not a CB supporter. I’m also not in this particular model’s fan club (but I am/have been for others). We had simply agreed on the details and price for a future private show, and she needed a way to get back to me on scheduling a time to do it. We don’t follow each other on social, so we figured a quick DM on the CB platform ought to serve the purpose this time (neither of us realizing she wouldn’t be able to DM me more than 24 hours after my last tip… and she hasn’t broadcast in almost 2 weeks).

Anyway, we’ll figure it out.

Upvote 0
(neither of us realizing she wouldn’t be able to DM me more than 24 hours after my last tip… and she hasn’t broadcast in almost 2 weeks).
This is why I said that you could send her an offline tip, not necessarily only 1 token though, with a note explaining how it works. Then she will know about the DM limitations, even if she doesn't see the tip note within 24 hours of your tip.

Upvote 0
This is why I said that you could send her an offline tip, not necessarily only 1 token though, with a note explaining how it works. Then she will know about the DM limitations, even if she doesn't see the tip note within 24 hours of your tip.

Yes, I understood. :)

Upvote 0
Yes, I understood. :)
I don't feel like scrolling up, so I'll reply here, yes any one of those things will allow a DM. Only two of those things allow for an uninterrupted availability of the DM function with two way communication -- fan club or supporter account. Fan club memberships can be purchased with tokens now and it's a 3 month sub. After awhile you get into the rhythm of re-upping 4 times a year and barely notice it. The models gets their cut, you get a green name which will never betray you if you forget to change your color preference settings and you help the rank. The more green guys hanging out in a room, the more welcoming it may seem to other members. "Oh people really like her, I wonder why?" They'll hang out longer, engage and eventually follow suit. It's not a guarantee of course, but it's one of the very few ways members can show additional support that actually helps us get more tokens.

When I post these type of comments I am doing so with all of the lurkers on this forum in mind. They may read it and get their switch flipped to the more community-minded aspect of the site which is where some really huge tips come from. (You is in this case the King's you.) That's often why I don't quote anyone when I do it so you are free to respond or not but I'm not scolding anyone for the decisions they make, I'm explaining how the site is more beneficial to the model when you do it this way instead of the other way.

However, the good news appears to be that almost no one except for the people who read this thread know how it works in the first place. 😉🤣

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
After going through this thread I see one upside to the DM system.

I have always used an off-line tip note if I wanted to send a message to a model, could be about something I thought about during the stream, about an upcoming stream, or just a 'buy yourself a coffee/pizza/dinner' if she is on a break.

Before the DM system was introduced she would have no possibility to respond unless we had shared social media info, now she will be able to respond through a DM.

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to delete a DM? Got some unsolicited messages overnight from a model trying to persuade me to go into their room.
I let the model of that room know so she was aware, but I'd rather delete the unwanted DMs so that person cannot continue the current (one-sided) conversation.

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to delete a DM? Got some unsolicited messages overnight from a model trying to persuade me to go into their room.
I let the model of that room know so she was aware, but I'd rather delete the unwanted DMs so that person cannot continue the current (one-sided) conversation.
I just looked at my DM list. It appears you cannot. All you can do is close the window. It's the same for the model side of PM conversations. Mine never go away but the viewer apparently gets a fresh, blank PM window. It's very confusing.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.