AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to get people to engage with me

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2018
Hello!

First I’d like to say, thank god I stumbled across this forum! It’s so incredibly helpful and everyone seems so nice!

So I’m brand new to Camming and have just finished doing my 2nd broadcast. My 1st one was a disaster.... I got so overwhelmed with the PM and people taking advantage of my ‘newbie status’ that I didn’t spend enough time in the actual room. So after reading up on this site I went into my 2nd broadcast with a game plan. Although my 2nd broadcast went better, I felt it was lacking, I had a couple people who where talking to me, but ultimately they were trying to butter me up for ‘a free show’ and then the others in the room just seem to watch and not interact.

Obviously I am very green when it comes to this job. And when the chat room is empty is hard not to take it personally. Is there any advice that you guys could give me so I can get more customer interaction?

Regarding pms, what helped me cut down on the unnecessary pms were to set a cost for them. Premium members on CB can send them without tipping for it, so if I have time I’ll reply, which has resulted in them tipping to keep me continuing my replies if they see I’m busy in the public chat. My mod thinks I should charge my pm cost for each reply or set a time limit on it, but I don’t agree, at least not right now. I have my pm cost on CB set to 20tkns. Not too high, but high enough to keep the cheapskates from wasting my time with the pms.
As far as interaction & getting them to talk to you, I’m pretty chatty by myself, so it’s never really a problem. I look at myself like a radio dj. One sided conversation. Lol. I always have things to ramble on about, & either someone will have something to contribute to the conversation to keep it going, or they won’t. More often than not, since I use Lovense toys in my shows, they’ll tip to shut me up or throw me off. I’m easily distracted by the buzzing. Lol

Reactions: Slapstick
So here's my two cents, fellow CB newbie! (I have 2 months under my belt.)

First off, the 7 days you start off with the "new" tag is your most vulnerable and your most beneficial. You will experience the most people fucking with you, but you will also have more traffic/generally more attention in your room than you will the days after losing the tag. (people roam the new tag heavvvvily.) Some important things I learned:

*Tips will always make a noise. It'll either sound like a cash register, or coins dumping, or a YEEEHAW! There is ALWAYS a noise.
*People will try to trick you into doing password shows instead of a private show. Private shows have a set minutely rate they are charged automatically (you can change the minutely rate in settings & privacy) whereas they aren't charged anything for a password show, which also kicks out your entire room that doesn't have the password.
*People always ask for PMs to "discuss" looking at your wishlist/wanting a private/having a question/etc. It's BS. If they are a serious customer they will pay whatever it cost to PM you for a serious inquiry. The rest is wasting your time.
*People will totally try to be your mod, ask to be your mod, will try "modding" your room without permission etc. Don't be in a hurry to get mods. You really won't need one until you have a room of at least 100+ people, and even then, I would only have 1-2 TRUSTED long-term regulars that you're comfortable with, that aren't pushy, and consistently tip to move things along/when it's slow.

Charge a flat rate for private messages. I don't care if you're a premium CB member or not- I don't get a cut of that $19.99/month you're paying chaturbate, so..... sorry. I have them at a low price, 20 tokens. That way people who don't actually have a brain are [mostly] filtered out.

As for a slow room, or getting people to engage, I usually dance. Shake your ass up close in the cam. Even if you're a bad dancer, have fun with it- you'll get better. I sure am. I suck at twerking but I still try. I laugh at myself. I point out my mistakes. They encourage me and have fun alongside me.... it makes me feel good. What's something you enjoy doing to pass the time that you could incorporate into your shows? I'm artsy, so I do creative things. Painting, drawing, body painting, etc. I've considered straight-up embroidering on cam naked when it's dead. It's your show, so do what occupies you... and people will come. :)

If you have any other questions/curiosities, I could go on for awhile about my newb experience. but I don't want to type a wall... so. just ask. :)

From a member's point of view.

*People always ask for PMs to "discuss" looking at your wishlist/wanting a private/having a question/etc. It's BS. If they are a serious customer they will pay whatever it cost to PM you for a serious inquiry. The rest is wasting your time.
This.

*People will totally try to be your mod, ask to be your mod, will try "modding" your room without permission etc. Don't be in a hurry to get mods. You really won't need one until you have a room of at least 100+ people, and even then, I would only have 1-2 TRUSTED long-term regulars that you're comfortable with, that aren't pushy, and consistently tip to move things along/when it's slow.
So much this!

I would go so far as to say you don't need a moderator until you have +1000 people in your room, and then only if you are not near your keyboard to silence/ban the freeloaders and asshats. If someone you don't know is asking to be your moderator they are exactly the type of person you DO NOT want as your moderator. 99.999% of moderators are nothing but annoying.

As far as interaction & getting them to talk to you, I’m pretty chatty by myself, so it’s never really a problem. I look at myself like a radio dj. One sided conversation.

You know, I never thought of it as that! Being a DJ/Radio Presenter in my own chat room *Mind Blown* I'm defiantly gonna take that one on board! I'm thinking it will help bring me out of my shell a bit more as well.

What's something you enjoy doing to pass the time that you could incorporate into your shows? I'm artsy, so I do creative things. Painting, drawing, body painting, etc. I've considered straight-up embroidering on cam naked when it's dead. It's your show, so do what occupies you... and people will come. :)
Thank you for that! I too am an awful dancer... but I'm good at bad dancing! If that makes sense haha. Naked embroidery... that could definitely be a thing! I'm a gamer, so once I've got a good set up I'd look to incorporate that into my shows

If someone you don't know is asking to be your moderator they are exactly the type of person you DO NOT want as your moderator. 99.999% of moderators are nothing but annoying.
Thank you! There is actually someone who keeps pushing to be my mod at the minute.... They say their a model trying to help out new models, and to be fair they have been really helpful.. but occasionally they ask 'odd' questions and keep recommending that I get on Skype for some 'practice' session. I'm just not getting a good vibe from them, so I think I'm gonna steering clear.

A big thank you to your replies! I'm defiantly gonna take on board the charging for PM's I can see if would help to get rid of the time wasters! Hopefully my 3rd will be better :) I'm sure I'll get use to this at some point!

Also thank you for being so kind to an obviously Newb! :kiss:

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
You know, I never thought of it as that! Being a DJ/Radio Presenter in my own chat room *Mind Blown* I'm defiantly gonna take that one on board! I'm thinking it will help bring me out of my shell a bit more as well.

Thank you for that! I too am an awful dancer... but I'm good at bad dancing! If that makes sense haha. Naked embroidery... that could definitely be a thing! I'm a gamer, so once I've got a good set up I'd look to incorporate that into my shows

Thank you! There is actually someone who keeps pushing to be my mod at the minute.... They say their a model trying to help out new models, and to be fair they have been really helpful.. but occasionally they ask 'odd' questions and keep recommending that I get on Skype for some 'practice' session. I'm just not getting a good vibe from them, so I think I'm gonna steering clear.

A big thank you to your replies! I'm defiantly gonna take on board the charging for PM's I can see if would help to get rid of the time wasters! Hopefully my 3rd will be better :) I'm sure I'll get use to this at some point!

Also thank you for being so kind to an obviously Newb! :kiss:

My mod has NEVER asked for anything in return, especially not for me to get on Skype to “practice”. My mod actually never even asked to be my mod. He’s been a regular in my room since my very first broadcast & he would kindly encourage others to tip when he did. So after about 2 months of broadcasting & made him a mod on my own. I honestly didn’t really need one except he was able to shut down the creepers, freeloaders & spam, faster than I could. A lot of shows my back is turned from the chat, so I can’t see what was being posted. That’s when his help is appreciated & needed. But again, he’s never asked for anything in return.

Hey Natalie ,
The experience is different for everyone depending on your model , but my advice to you is chatting with members , not writing , and be active most of the time , tease and do whatever comes naturally to you , you'll see that when you are not in the mood , members will sense that .Keep us up to date .
Good luck, girl!

My mod has NEVER asked for anything in return, especially not for me to get on Skype to “practice”. My mod actually never even asked to be my mod. He’s been a regular in my room since my very first broadcast & he would kindly encourage others to tip when he did. So after about 2 months of broadcasting & made him a mod on my own. I honestly didn’t really need one except he was able to shut down the creepers, freeloaders & spam, faster than I could. A lot of shows my back is turned from the chat, so I can’t see what was being posted. That’s when his help is appreciated & needed. But again, he’s never asked for anything in return.

I'm only a member. But, I agree with @Natalie_Lavender on this. I've moderated primarily on non-adult websites over the years, and a couple of times for a couple of models on CB. Never really asked to do any of it. I was asked to do it, or one time found my name on the moderators list without being told.

Someone who truly wants to help, will do it more because they want to rather than to get something out of it and they really shouldn't inquire on what they might get out of it. There's been a couple of times I've received kickbacks from a couple of the forums I did. But, it was unexpected and greatly appreciated.

I don't think there really is a need for a moderator in most rooms, even with some of the busiest rooms I've been in. But, I do see value if a model decides to have one for the times Natalie mentioned such as back turned or middle of a cum/oil/shower show (nothing worse than an asshat coming in and ruing a good show). If one does decide to have a moderator, pick one you trust and feel isn't there to ride your coattails or demand anything from you. Also, be very clear on what you expect them to do. They should ask if something is not clear as well.

Regarding the PM's, I've seen a few different approaches. On MFC, I know some models who block PM's unless you're on their friends list. Either via tipping (100-200 for friend add), or because someone has a very good reputation with the model and they get added (or, a whale). On CB, I've seen it where you have to tip a certain amount and request PM each time the PM window is closed. Personally, I try to keep PM's for things not meant for the room and unless it's a specific conversation I try to keep everything in the room. If a room is busy, I try to keep PM's down to absolute minimum. If it's a quiet room, and the model continues the conversation in PM, I take it as a sign it's okay for the time being.

There's a lot of different topics one can talk about and keep the room flowing. Games, books, movies or other things of interest. Music or concerts can also be good. Asking members how they are, especially if you remember seeing them before. I'm one who also likes to see different aspects of a room. For example, if you have something I find interesting such as a model, book, figurine, etc I'd inquire on it and lead to a conversation.

Hopefully gives you some ideas from a member's perspective. I know this is "ask-a-model" area. But, sometimes it's good to get a members perspective as well. Even if we're not the typical member who sits there and doesn't say a word.

Oh, and once you get your post count up, request to get into the model's only area. I'm sure the models on the site are more open in a private area than here. :)

I've considered straight-up embroidering on cam

Naked embroidery? Is it wrong to be strangely attracted to that idea?

There is actually someone who keeps pushing to be my mod at the minute.... They say their a model trying to help out new models, and to be fair they have been really helpful.. but occasionally they ask 'odd' questions and keep recommending that I get on Skype for some 'practice' session. I'm just not getting a good vibe from them, so I think I'm gonna steering clear.

They are someone you should ban immediately, transparent scam.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Hello!

First I’d like to say, thank god I stumbled across this forum! It’s so incredibly helpful and everyone seems so nice!

So I’m brand new to Camming and have just finished doing my 2nd broadcast. My 1st one was a disaster.... I got so overwhelmed with the PM and people taking advantage of my ‘newbie status’ that I didn’t spend enough time in the actual room. So after reading up on this site I went into my 2nd broadcast with a game plan. Although my 2nd broadcast went better, I felt it was lacking, I had a couple people who where talking to me, but ultimately they were trying to butter me up for ‘a free show’ and then the others in the room just seem to watch and not interact.

Obviously I am very green when it comes to this job. And when the chat room is empty is hard not to take it personally. Is there any advice that you guys could give me so I can get more customer interaction?

As far as tricks viewers play and how to deal with them, I have a thread I started here that has some good model and viewer responses summarizing how to deal with the common cases.

Regarding your moderator who wants a Skype show: that's a red flag. The person you would trust with a private session to practice some new tip menu item should be a regular who has been tipping you for six months and whose behavior has been perfect the entire time he has been in your room. From what I have seen, at least 90% of the guys who ask to be moderators in these rooms are scum buckets looking for angles to get sexual freebies. The person you would trust to help you develop something should be a person who has consistently given you a lot and taken back very little. My favorite model is a girl I work really closely with now. I helped her to develop a completely new tip menu, built notifiers to back up the tip menu, and I paid for CB privates to help her practice the new moves required by the menu. She and I are amazing together. It feels like a very strong working relationship. We exchange messages on e-mail and messengers regularly, but I never abuse those privileges and my message volume tries to match hers. But I was in her room for at least six months every other day, tipping every single time. And 95% of our conversations were real conversations about music, about life, about people we love, and I was not filling her PM window with constant sleaze. So I earned her trust the old-fashioned way, and I would suggest you be equally stingy with any person who wants to help you.

As far as getting more interaction, it is not clear what do you mean. Do you mean getting more tips? Or do you mean getting higher quality conversations?

Regarding tipping, my observation is that the number of viewers and the tipping level directly corresponds to the model's energy level. Girls who dance get much better results than girls who sit in a chair and look at the camera. Girls who are highly verbal often get great results. Men love to hear replies to their questions spoken to them.

If by "more customer interaction" you mean better quality conversations, I am going to be honest that the vast majority of men on these systems will sex chat you and the conversation quality will be generally very low. I have two models now who - after a year of chatting me online - have told me they want to meet me in real life (and no money was ever requested by them and the requests are backed up by 50+ e-mails sent over the last year by them that are pretty open and sincere e-mails that also have nothing to do with needing money). The only reason I mention this is because both models said essentially the same thing: that I am some kind of complete freak because I have normal conversations with them, never try to get sex or sexual favors from them, and I treat them like real human beings. So real conversations are apparently less common than you would think.

My mod has NEVER asked for anything in return, especially not for me to get on Skype to “practice”. My mod actually never even asked to be my mod.

Yea, they kind sold it to me that they just wanted to help out and that they'd give me something in return for the Skype call... but I just got bad vibes from them.

Hey Natalie ,
The experience is different for everyone depending on your model , but my advice to you is chatting with members , not writing , and be active most of the time , tease and do whatever comes naturally to you , you'll see that when you are not in the mood , members will sense that .Keep us up to date .
Good luck, girl!

Thank you for that :) I've got a better idea now of what I can do

I'm only a member. But, I agree with @Natalie_Lavender on this. I've moderated primarily on non-adult websites over the years, and a couple of times for a couple of models on CB. Never really asked to do any of it. I was asked to do it, or one time found my name on the moderators list without being told.

Someone who truly wants to help, will do it more because they want to rather than to get something out of it and they really shouldn't inquire on what they might get out of it. There's been a couple of times I've received kickbacks from a couple of the forums I did. But, it was unexpected and greatly appreciated.

I don't think there really is a need for a moderator in most rooms, even with some of the busiest rooms I've been in. But, I do see value if a model decides to have one for the times Natalie mentioned such as back turned or middle of a cum/oil/shower show (nothing worse than an asshat coming in and ruing a good show). If one does decide to have a moderator, pick one you trust and feel isn't there to ride your coattails or demand anything from you. Also, be very clear on what you expect them to do. They should ask if something is not clear as well.

Regarding the PM's, I've seen a few different approaches. On MFC, I know some models who block PM's unless you're on their friends list. Either via tipping (100-200 for friend add), or because someone has a very good reputation with the model and they get added (or, a whale). On CB, I've seen it where you have to tip a certain amount and request PM each time the PM window is closed. Personally, I try to keep PM's for things not meant for the room and unless it's a specific conversation I try to keep everything in the room. If a room is busy, I try to keep PM's down to absolute minimum. If it's a quiet room, and the model continues the conversation in PM, I take it as a sign it's okay for the time being.

There's a lot of different topics one can talk about and keep the room flowing. Games, books, movies or other things of interest. Music or concerts can also be good. Asking members how they are, especially if you remember seeing them before. I'm one who also likes to see different aspects of a room. For example, if you have something I find interesting such as a model, book, figurine, etc I'd inquire on it and lead to a conversation.

Hopefully gives you some ideas from a member's perspective. I know this is "ask-a-model" area. But, sometimes it's good to get a members perspective as well. Even if we're not the typical member who sits there and doesn't say a word.

Oh, and once you get your post count up, request to get into the model's only area. I'm sure the models on the site are more open in a private area than here. :)

Thank you for this :) It's good to get a perspective from the other side!
I definitely don't get that many people in my room, so I can manage them myself... they were just very pushy and 'eager to help' and the fact they were using a models account, it kinda threw me a bit.

They are someone you should ban immediately, transparent scam.

I will be doing :)

As far as tricks viewers play and how to deal with them, I have a thread I started here that has some good model and viewer responses summarizing how to deal with the common cases.

Regarding your moderator who wants a Skype show: that's a red flag. The person you would trust with a private session to practice some new tip menu item should be a regular who has been tipping you for six months and whose behavior has been perfect the entire time he has been in your room. From what I have seen, at least 90% of the guys who ask to be moderators in these rooms are scum buckets looking for angles to get sexual freebies. The person you would trust to help you develop something should be a person who has consistently given you a lot and taken back very little. My favorite model is a girl I work really closely with now. I helped her to develop a completely new tip menu, built notifiers to back up the tip menu, and I paid for CB privates to help her practice the new moves required by the menu. She and I are amazing together. It feels like a very strong working relationship. We exchange messages on e-mail and messengers regularly, but I never abuse those privileges and my message volume tries to match hers. But I was in her room for at least six months every other day, tipping every single time. And 95% of our conversations were real conversations about music, about life, about people we love, and I was not filling her PM window with constant sleaze. So I earned her trust the old-fashioned way, and I would suggest you be equally stingy with any person who wants to help you.

As far as getting more interaction, it is not clear what do you mean. Do you mean getting more tips? Or do you mean getting higher quality conversations?

Regarding tipping, my observation is that the number of viewers and the tipping level directly corresponds to the model's energy level. Girls who dance get much better results than girls who sit in a chair and look at the camera. Girls who are highly verbal often get great results. Men love to hear replies to their questions spoken to them.

If by "more customer interaction" you mean better quality conversations, I am going to be honest that the vast majority of men on these systems will sex chat you and the conversation quality will be generally very low. I have two models now who - after a year of chatting me online - have told me they want to meet me in real life (and no money was ever requested by them and the requests are backed up by 50+ e-mails sent over the last year by them that are pretty open and sincere e-mails that also have nothing to do with needing money). The only reason I mention this is because both models said essentially the same thing: that I am some kind of complete freak because I have normal conversations with them, never try to get sex or sexual favors from them, and I treat them like real human beings. So real conversations are apparently less common than you would think.

Thank you :) I'll give that thread a read.
I was just after some tips to get my 'customers' to engage in the room in general. I feel that my rooms are pretty dead and all though I have watchers in them, majority of them don't say or request anything... but everyone has left helpful advise and I think I just need to give it more energy and be less shy!

Status
Not open for further replies.