AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How To Overcome Cam Shyness

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2023
Twitter Username
@BambiiCutie
MFC Username
AngelNailah
Streamate Username
BambiiCutie
Chaturbate Username
AngelNailah
Hello, I discussed this on a previous forum SW that no longer exists. It would be nice to know I am not the only one who goes through this. I used to check back to my old thread post periodically for encouragement. Anyways... It's like I will get fully setup, dressed, makeup, lighting, etc. and will just sit there with hesitation to click the start button. I am not too sure what it is, but I have tried sitting with my feelings to identify where it could be stemming from. I have noticed that using sensory stimulation toys helps immensely when gaining up the courage to start and once I have, it ends up seeming ridiculous.

I manage to pull through an hour with a few breaks in between, which helps to unwind and take a breather. Has anyone else gone through this? What other ways can be used to ease shyness on camera? So far, I have noticed that I start becoming shy when not knowing what to say in my chatroom. Some of the users can say some pretty stupid things as well, which can leave me slightly frustrated at times. Any advice or relating to this situation is comforting and appreciated, just to know that I am not alone when it comes to this.

I can relate to what you are describing. For me, it's me having some anxiety. So I think along the lines that @Vixxen81 mentioned of "just do it." I think of myself jumping into a swimming pool or the ocean, thinking "here goes nothing!" and just taking the jump. Also I remind myself that after hitting the Broadcast button, there is usually a bit of time before viewers appear, so I can get myself adjusted and make sure everything is running OK.

During shows I find it's useful to have some topics prepared to discuss or to do on camera. It can get frustrating when the room is really quiet and people are just sitting there not saying anything, so I just start talking about some random stuff. I think some people want to engage but they're not sure what to say beyond the basic stuff, so I try to give them something to grab onto so they start engaging. It can be hard to think of things on the fly so I try to plan ahead for how to break the ice when it's quiet.

And definitely take breaks! Being continuously engaged on camera for an extended period can be tiring, particularly for someone like me with introverted tendencies. I love to socialize and love to be on camera, but also need my down time to recharge and collect my thoughts.

I think constant breaks in the beginning, giving yourself rewards for pushing through and obtaining satisfaction for making more money are the best motivators!

I am definitely around if you want to chat :)

Reactions: AngelNailah
There's a lot of in depth aspects to it but the highlights are these:
- trust yourself and have trust in you (not the same thing)
- be well with you and accept what you are, what are you doing, how you look, how you act without the need of external validation or acceptance
- understand yourself better

Shyness comes from a level of fear, of doubt, uncertainty, expectations and projections.
.. and usually comes packed up with some other "stuff"
I'm not going to pull the "childhood trauma" card but usually there is where all "troubles" start.

Try this, the "magic pill"
- before going online, do a 2 minute breath exercise, close your eyes, gather your thoughts in a single place by focusing on your breath in and out.
Breath in (trough nouse) for 4 seconds, keep air in for 4 seconds, let out air through mouth for 5 seconds and while doing that, imagine you release all fears, all discomfort, you align with your own power when you breath in and breathe out all worries,
Nobody is entitled to reject you, nobody is entitled to give you commands, nobody owns you, nobody pushes you to do something you don't enjoy.
You are confident in you, the unicity of you.

Thoughts and ideas to avoid:
- don't project expectations, don't search and impose a certain outcome. Goals are good but avoid relying on them as the source of your happiness and success.
- don't ever start with fear, any type of fear; it's not the best energy to start with.
Sometimes a thought can become a mood so:
- avoid thinking you are not good enough, pretty enough, active enough
- avoid thinking you do something wrong or other webcam performers do it better than you
- avoid asking for a validation from outside of you

I'll stop now... simply clear your mind, be good with you and outside will reflect your state of being. If you reflect weakness do to your shyness, predators will smell it, come and try to take advantage.
Good luck.

For me the main thing that causes this is not having enough executive functioning.
I have ADHD/ASD, getting onto ADHD meds has made it sooooo much easier to be in control of hitting the go button or not ending up on another tab...not a perfect system though...I spent an hour in the IKEA kitchen planner instead of logging on on time last night.
Other dopamine sources are good too like the goals accountability threads here in models only section.

I get this before I press that go live button, although my regulars would probably not describe me as shy. I think a lot of it is nerves about whether its going to be a successful stream or not because I know that's the case with me. Look your best but more important feel your best girl, and just do it ;)

• Hugs
Guys I don't know how to thank you enough for the advice and insight! I came back here and read everyone's posts and was able to apply the tips prior to pressing the start button. The breathing technique was amazing and I didn't know how much it really helped, till I took the time to breathe and take breaks. I am hoping to identify the issue, but I think its for sure anxiety and being camera shy. I can also go back to this thread and keep applying this before starting again.
Anyways, thanks for adding to this thread! :)

Guys I don't know how to thank you enough for the advice and insight! I came back here and read everyone's posts and was able to apply the tips prior to pressing the start button. The breathing technique was amazing and I didn't know how much it really helped, till I took the time to breathe and take breaks. I am hoping to identify the issue, but I think its for sure anxiety and being camera shy. I can also go back to this thread and keep applying this before starting again.
Anyways, thanks for adding to this thread! :)
I would like to add that sometimes 'stage fright' or what you call camera shy, can come from not feeling prepared, self-pressure and self-doubt.....I have found throughout my camera experience over the years that practice and rehearsal go a long way to making you feel confident. I would recommend getting used to being in front of the camera without an audience. Turn on your cam and do your thing without broadcasting, long enough to warm up and allow the jitters to pass before you click broadcast.....you'll be warmed up already and you will feel more confident.....it will also allow you to watch yourself on cam for a little while with a critical eye and make minor adjustments if necessary that you will make you feel better.

• Hugs
For me the main thing that causes this is not having enough executive functioning.
I have ADHD/ASD, getting onto ADHD meds has made it sooooo much easier to be in control of hitting the go button or not ending up on another tab...not a perfect system though...I spent an hour in the IKEA kitchen planner instead of logging on on time last night.
Other dopamine sources are good too like the goals accountability threads here in models only section.
Yes! I have ADHD also and my biggest issue at the moment is staying engaged. I had fun yesterday dancing around and whatnot (trying less skin since I have my period and don’t really want to go under the panties.

I’m have been trying to figure out some different stuff to keep my room interesting. I’m more of an introvert so I type a lot more then talk…something about speaking and then be responded to via text is just awkward for me…maybe in the future I’ll get better but I e never been vocal during sex well with intelligent words lol.

I have a couple regulars who I’ve bounced ideas off of. Like I’m planning a painting day where I paint on my easel in a white t and panties and as the grand finale I’ll hop in the show and do a little wet teeshirt fun.

I have to stay busy I know it’s boring when I just kinda lounge about especially when no one is talking, I’m bored too just have to figure out some ideas

I’ve toyed with the idea of reading poetry but worry that it would be to impersonal since I’d have to stop in the middle of poems to chat.

Hello, I discussed this on a previous forum SW that no longer exists. It would be nice to know I am not the only one who goes through this. I used to check back to my old thread post periodically for encouragement. Anyways... It's like I will get fully setup, dressed, makeup, lighting, etc. and will just sit there with hesitation to click the start button. I am not too sure what it is, but I have tried sitting with my feelings to identify where it could be stemming from. I have noticed that using sensory stimulation toys helps immensely when gaining up the courage to start and once I have, it ends up seeming ridiculous.

I manage to pull through an hour with a few breaks in between, which helps to unwind and take a breather. Has anyone else gone through this? What other ways can be used to ease shyness on camera? So far, I have noticed that I start becoming shy when not knowing what to say in my chatroom. Some of the users can say some pretty stupid things as well, which can leave me slightly frustrated at times. Any advice or relating to this situation is comforting and appreciated, just to know that I am not alone when it comes to thishe
am chausiku 23 single mom i used to be shy too but i did overcome it most of the time by charting and making stories with users who joined my room and were willing to reply when i started a conversation my spirts up am happy and making friend after few hours have reached my goal of the day made friends and had good time broadcasting

I manage to pull through an hour with a few breaks in between, which helps to unwind and take a breather. Has anyone else gone through this? What other ways can be used to ease shyness on camera? So far, I have noticed that I start becoming shy when not knowing what to say in my chatroom. Some of the users can say some pretty stupid things as well, which can leave me slightly frustrated at times. Any advice or relating to this situation is comforting and appreciated, just to know that I am not alone when it comes to this.
Howdy! First off, I want to let you know that you're definitely not alone in feeling this way. Even after being in the camming world for a while, I've had days where I felt that exact same hesitation and nervousness. It's completely natural, especially given the unpredictable nature of the job.

One thing that really helped me was incorporating breathwork into my routine. Before I'd start a session, I'd take a few moments to do some breathing exercises. This helped calm my nerves and center myself. It's amazing how just a few deep breaths can change your entire mindset.

Regarding the shyness in the chatroom and not knowing what to say, I found it helpful to prepare a list of topics or conversation starters beforehand. This way, if there's ever a lull in the conversation or I wasn't sure how to respond, I'd have something to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.