AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stalk people on the internet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time believing that it was really camstory who wrote that.

I understand that it's an awkward topic to talk about, but dear GOD that wasn't really English. Some of those sentences seemed to be missing something, or out of order completely. And a lot of it was so damn broken I had no clue what he was trying to say.

camstory, I have great respect for the way your posts are usually worded, and this one made me wonder... were you in your right mind when you wrote that? It seems like you might've had something messing with your thought process there. Not in the content you wrote, but in the way it was delivered. Like, drugs, or sleep deprivation were involved in the editing process somehow.

Reactions: Just Me
Well I guess it is time to take a break. My last entry was made while stoned. (Something I do only rarely to help control the occasional phantom pains I have to my amputated right leg.) I haven't been on site since reading Luna's post two days ago. I am taking a break b/c I apparently have become unable to see my own writing from a abject point of view. There is much I would change of my last post, but still can't see the great flaws that must exist.

I am going to do my best to express my feelings about the subject of members invading the real world space of models, or vice versa for that matter.

It is simple – You don't do it. There is no circumstance under which it is acceptable.

I am not one to say the friendships made on line are not real. I believe that these friendships can have real substance. I even believe they can become friendships beyond the online experience. But no matter how strong an online friendship is, it is not one that translates to the real world. To blur that separation between the online friendships and that which can be expected in our real world, our physical world, is to ask for trouble.

If nothing else it is a breach of trust. Trust, or the lose of it, is the most corrosive thing that can happen to a relationship. It is also the hardest to regain once lost.

I am going to leave it there b/c I feel like getting stoned again, and the above does a good enough job of expressing my thoughts. Peace Out.

hm, I didn't mean you needed to take a break from the forum, just a "what the heck was that?" moment. Maybe if I read it stoned it would make more sense to me :p

I'm glad to know it wasn't anything serious, and I hope you work out whatever's got you down soon.

camstory said:
Well I guess it is time to take a break. My last entry was made while stoned. (Something I do only rarely to help control the occasional phantom pains I have to my amputated right leg.) I haven't been on site since reading Luna's post two days ago. I am taking a break b/c I apparently have become unable to see my own writing from a abject point of view. There is much I would change of my last post, but still can't see the great flaws that must exist.

I am going to do my best to express my feelings about the subject of members invading the real world space of models, or vice versa for that matter.

It is simple – You don't do it. There is no circumstance under which it is acceptable.

I am not one to say the friendships made on line are not real. I believe that these friendships can have real substance. I even believe they can become friendships beyond the online experience. But no matter how strong an online friendship is, it is not one that translates to the real world. To blur that separation between the online friendships and that which can be expected in our real world, our physical world, is to ask for trouble.

If nothing else it is a breach of trust. Trust, or the lose of it, is the most corrosive thing that can happen to a relationship. It is also the hardest to regain once lost.

I am going to leave it there b/c I feel like getting stoned again, and the above does a good enough job of expressing my thoughts. Peace Out.

I get the idea of what you were trying to post, but it came off as lunatic rambling. It appeared to be a reply to something, but to what I could not figure out reading the previous posts. Also, if you did not get the point of this thread, it was a lighthearted way of showing models how easy it would be for a stalker to find out information about them. So they could take proper precautions.

Your post was so out of left field is why you got the "dude wtf" comments. :lol: Take into account many of us are not stoned when reading these forums next time :)

Just Me said:
camstory said:

I get the idea of what you were trying to post, but it came off as lunatic rambling. It appeared to be a reply to something, but to what I could not figure out reading the previous posts. Also, if you did not get the point of this thread, it was a lighthearted way of showing models how easy it would be for a stalker to find out information about them. So they could take proper precautions.

Your post was so out of left field is why you got the "dude wtf" comments. :lol: Take into account many of us are not stoned when reading these forums next time :)
There was a post before about people showing up at a model's house because they either 1. think they're better friends with the model than they actually are or 2. because they were bored, had the ability to, and just felt like it. I believe Camstory (or VerboseVic as I call him ;) ) was elaborating on the fact that no matter how you chalk it up, showing up uninvited to anyone's house is bad. He seemed to be putting it in terms that not only in camgirl/stalker situations is it rude to show up to something uninvited.

AmberCutie said:
Camstory (or VerboseVic as I call him ;) )

Well who the hell is VeryVerboseVic, then??? :lol:

AmberCutie said:
There was a post before about people showing up at a model's house because they either 1. think they're better friends with the model than they actually are or 2. because they were bored, had the ability to, and just felt like it.

I fail to see how anyone would think showing up uninvited to a models house would be a socially acceptable thing to do. I do not even go to see either of my parents without calling first.

Shaun__ said:
AmberCutie said:
There was a post before about people showing up at a model's house because they either 1. think they're better friends with the model than they actually are or 2. because they were bored, had the ability to, and just felt like it.

I fail to see how anyone would think showing up uninvited to a models house would be a socially acceptable thing to do. I do not even go to see either of my parents without calling first.

I don't understand how they think it, but unfortunately, some of them do.

Shaun__ said:
AmberCutie said:

Because the kind of person who WOULD show up at a model's house, uninvited, generally speaking has no concept of what is and isn't socially acceptable. And even if s/he DOES, s/he may have the "logic" in mind that "I've paid X amount of money to this person, she OWES ME." It's the fact that a disturbing, alarming, frightening number of people who participate in webcam sites feel entitled to "stuff" (whatever "stuff" may entail) because they've spent x amount of time or money, have built up a real or imagined relationship (sexual or non, I mean "relationship" in the "interpersonal connection" sense) with the model, and feel that they have, well... in a sense, "ownership" of that person, in a time/money kind of way.

This sort of thinking is really difficult for people who do NOT think that way to understand, given that it is a rather disordered (psychologically speaking) way of thinking, and involves a lot of gaps in logic and sense that many socially or psychologically higher-functioning people can't even comprehend. But it totally exists.

At the basest level, it's this: "I paid for this game. I get to play it however I want to." And if they can figure out where someone lives, they will not even think "maybe this isn't okay," because the logic is "Well, she didn't exactly try that hard to hide her location." - even if it took hiring a private investigator or bribing someone at the PO Box company to figure out her home address. It's just part of "the game." They don't think of it as a social interaction, they think of it as a game or a puzzle, and not of the model as a person but as a prize to be achieved or a commodity for which they've paid and to which they feel entitled.

And yes, I've known people to whom this has happened. There are tons of really awesome people to be met on cam sites (including many of the members on this board, as far as I know!), but unfortunately, like many forms of sex work, there's a disproportionate amount of really scary motherfuckers.

We have very strict laws about guns in Sweden. So it's quite impossible to open the door with a gun in the other hand. Right now I live with my father tough and he's a hunter so he has guns. But those have to be locked up in a secure.... box? ( I have lost the word.)

Destroyed memory guns and replicas and soft airguns is okay to leave open in the house, and seriosly, no one would notice that the shotgun I point at them are plugged :cool: And if they do, I can shoot them with the soft air gun in the face. Buuuut... Since we live out on the country side... No one we know hardly knocks on the door before entering. And if someone does, they open the door right after, yelling "Hello!".

When I lived with my ex in an apartment we never opened the door if they tinged the door bell. All our friends were knocking on the door in a special way. There were so many strange people ringing on the door so we stopped open if it warn't announced.

And I don't open the door if I don't recognize the person outside if I'm alone when I live in the city in an apartment. But were I live now, we hardly lock the door when we walk the dog.

I found a cam model's real name and home simply by piecing together clues that came my way. I sent her my results, and explained how to plug the leaks. She has yet to reply to me or cover the huge gaps, and I am bewildered. I've told her twice now, off MFC. I know she doesn't want to be found by anyone, yet she isn't taking this seriously. Without saying much more here, should I keep trying to help her? Some tension between us exists, but I believe she trusts and respects me. Her business is her business, but heck, morally I feel obligated to point things out. I'm no threat to her but we don't know about the random pervert who may haunt her chatroom. Thanks.

JimMorrison said:
I found a cam model's real name and home simply by piecing together clues that came my way. I sent her my results, and explained how to plug the leaks. She has yet to reply to me or cover the huge gaps, and I am bewildered. I've told her twice now, off MFC. I know she doesn't want to be found by anyone, yet she isn't taking this seriously. Without saying much more here, should I keep trying to help her? Some tension between us exists, but I believe she trusts and respects me. Her business is her business, but heck, morally I feel obligated to point things out. I'm no threat to her but we don't know about the random pervert who may haunt her chatroom. Thanks.

To be honest, the fact that she's not responding to you probably means that she feels threatened by this. The fact that you've told her twice, well... From outside perspective, taking what you've said at face value, you just are concerned and want to help. She probably got the first notice that you found her and panicked, and then when you "pushed the issue" it started to feel like a threat. Her train of thought is likely "How did he find out? What clues are there? Why did this guy snoop? What does he want?"

To be honest, you've warned her twice. That's way more than enough and her silence on the matter is speaking volumes in my opinion - drop it. You're probably scaring her. Maybe she needs to be scared, or maybe you went a little farther than most people would and found this information, I don't know. But either way, I think you can consider your moral obligation fulfilled. I wouldn't bring it up again if I were you. At this point it's her choice to either "plug the holes" or leave them be.

Don't take this as an offensive thing, I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything — but we as models do get a lot of very real threats on a regular basis, so our guard is WAY up. Even good intentions are suspect when you have to deal with some of the creepy people we do.

Vanessa Jade said:
JimMorrison said:

To be honest, the fact that she's not responding to you probably means that she feels threatened by this. The fact that you've told her twice, well... From outside perspective, taking what you've said at face value, you just are concerned and want to help. She probably got the first notice that you found her and panicked, and then when you "pushed the issue" it started to feel like a threat. Her train of thought is likely "How did he find out? What clues are there? Why did this guy snoop? What does he want?"

To be honest, you've warned her twice. That's way more than enough and her silence on the matter is speaking volumes in my opinion - drop it. You're probably scaring her. Maybe she needs to be scared, or maybe you went a little farther than most people would and found this information, I don't know. But either way, I think you can consider your moral obligation fulfilled. I wouldn't bring it up again if I were you. At this point it's her choice to either "plug the holes" or leave them be.

Don't take this as an offensive thing, I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything — but we as models do get a lot of very real threats on a regular basis, so our guard is WAY up. Even good intentions are suspect when you have to deal with some of the creepy people we do.
Thanks for this reply, it makes sense. Actually, my second notice just went out today and I doubt she's seen it yet. She may not have even wanted to see what I had to say and hasn't opened up the email. I see no reason to tell her again. As I said, we aren't currently on best of terms, but she knows who I am as well, and that my background is clean. There is more to the story I needn't tell, but it shouldn't be in issue between us.

I was talking to a neighbor. I constructed a hypothetical that suppose he was hiding from the mafia and a true friend of his came along and emailed him and said he tracked his residence down. The logic here is if a friend can find him, so can the bad guys. It's better to hear from your friend about how to correct your leaks than have the mafia find you, because they won't warn you, they will just show up at your door and take care of business. So he agreed I did the right thing by advising her. I am not going to travel across the country and knock on her door for any reason, I have no desire to meet her. I figure at the same time, she realizes I am not coming because she would have time to hire Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson if she even thought for a moment I had turned on her. She knows how to reach me, and my silence from here on in is warranted. She doesn't even have to thank me, I just hope she plugs her leaks and lives a happy and safe life.

I also knew a girl who got pregnant at age 18. She was surprised and said she had been having sex since she was 14 and never got pregnant, she didn't think it would happen to her. In reality, she's lucky she had stayed childless for 4 years. I don't know what goes through this cam girl's mind, maybe she feels safe and no one would do her harm. But, then, I'm speculating. I'm hoping for a happy ending soon.

I think instead of telling her after compiling the data and getting her address and real name - it would have been better if you told her before you managed to get to that stage. At this stage, she is likely to feel threatened.

If you were naked to horny, creepy men on the internet for a living - and some of your viewers really wanted to meet you (and subsequently want to fuck you, whatever the cost), so they went through the length of accruing and analyzing this data... would you feel threatened? For most people, they certainly would. It has definitely placed you in a position of greater distrust, since she cannot know whether you've passed this information on to other people either.

I don't think you should initiate contact with the model for a while - she needs to reestablish her comfort boundaries. Be wary of what you say - knowing too much is not necessarily a good thing.

hornygods said:
I think instead of telling her after compiling the data and getting her address and real name - it would have been better if you told her before you managed to get to that stage. At this stage, she is likely to feel threatened.

If you were naked to horny, creepy men on the internet for a living - and some of your viewers really wanted to meet you (and subsequently want to fuck you, whatever the cost), so they went through the length of accruing and analyzing this data... would you feel threatened? For most people, they certainly would. It has definitely placed you in a position of greater distrust, since she cannot know whether you've passed this information on to other people either.

Be wary of what you say - knowing too much is not necessarily a good thing.

I agree.

Someone e-mailed me once to tell me I should be careful, because they did a search and somehow found out my nephew's name, etc. And I think this person e-mailed me at my primary e-mail, which I don't share with anyone from the cam sites.

I was pretty creeped out (mainly wondering why he did the search...he's that curious to know more about me, I guess?), but I thanked him anyway for telling me. Some may say that I should NOT have responded to the e-mail, because me responding is just confirming that all of it is true.

bawksy said:
EmelieSky said:
we hardly lock the door when we walk the dog.

Rape target acquired

Bring it on :cool: We are alowed to train and copmpete in IPO and protection with our dogs, and I take care of my neighbors German shepard during daytime. And I know how to work him ;)

Thats actually quite strange. That we are allowed to train our dogs to actually become a weapon, but the guns have to be locked up.

hornygods said:

I don't think you should initiate contact with the model for a while - she needs to reestablish her comfort boundaries. Be wary of what you say - knowing too much is not necessarily a good thing.
Appreciate this post. As I have said, I am not giving much side information here except to say this model is comfortable with me. She gave me her name, and other things and trusted me to be quiet about them. Of course I will. If you read this thread, there are warnings for models to be careful about what they say and do. Probably if you study any model at length, you would find out lots of things about her, and if you're her friend she should appreciate when you show her what she's doing wrong.

The purpose of this thread is to warn models of what they can do wrong, and we as their virtual friends can do to help them remain safe.

Let me give a few hypotheticals how easy it might be to find a model:

1) She has her window open on a Sunday morning and you hear a distinctive church bell.
2) She mentions it is a 10 minute drive to Wal-Mart.
3) She tells you the make and model of her car, or you see it when she does a road show.
4) She sends you a personal email without using a proxy. You can trace her IP address to within miles of her home.
5) She mentions something news worthy that happened in her neighborhood. That story is searchable.
6) She takes her show to the backyard. "Google Earth" will help you find her if you took a screenshot.

Now, just those 6 things should be enough to find her home whether you are near her or not.

So, back to my story. I'm hoping for a quick happy ending. She's probably busy enough in her personal life and just hasn't had time to see what
I had to say. She will, eventually. If anything, the replies I am getting should be helpful to other fans who stumble upon a model's home. I did it, not with malicious intent, but to help her close the door she has left open. Meanwhile, I remain quiet, I don't even go to her chat room.

JimMorrison said:

1) She has her window open on a Sunday morning and you hear a distinctive church bell.
3) She tells you the make and model of her car, or you see it when she does a road show.
4) She sends you a personal email without using a proxy. You can trace her IP address to within miles of her home.
5) She mentions something news worthy that happened in her neighborhood. That story is searchable.
6) She takes her show to the backyard. "Google Earth" will help you find her if you took a screenshot.

Now, just those 6 things should be enough to find her home whether you are near her or not.

Dude, I'm sure you had good intentions, but:

Just because you can do these things, doesn't mean you should.

Lesson learned: you could have given her the list of 6 items and say something like "see for yourself how easy it could be", rather than saying "Hey, LOOK WHAT I DID!"

Misdirection by models is good, but they have to be consistent. I know of one model who says she is lives in one state, but her Amazon Wishlist has a shipping address on the other side of the country. The clock on the wall backs up the Amazon address. I've seen some models do the same thing and even quote that timezone by saying the "current" time, but that proverbial clock on the wall messes up the misdirection.

I have seen multi-girl shows where the model invites her friends along for a day. Inevitably, one of the new girls starts using real names instead of cam names.

If anything, I think models should develop a thorough misdirection strategy and drop these hints periodically. Keep them written down so not only do they remember them, they can refer to them if they wish to address a related member question in the chat room.

Pick any famous female celebrity you wish. Suppose she posted on her website her real address and when she would be home alone. You know someone is going to show up, you just don't know who they are and what their intent is. In effect, a careless model is in the same boat as my hyopthetical. She just won't know someone is going to show up, or when.

schlmoe said:
JimMorrison said:

Dude, I'm sure you had good intentions, but:

Just because you can do these things, doesn't mean you should.

Lesson learned: you could have given her the list of 6 items and say something like "see for yourself how easy it could be", rather than saying "Hey, LOOK WHAT I DID!"

Well, again, I am not saying everything, except I will say this. I already gave her a list of things she was doing wrong, some time ago, that would help pinpoint her location. She kept doing them. Yes, my intentions are good. I took it to the next step before the wrong guy did.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I appreciate the replies I am getting and since I mentioned up front, I am not telling everything here, it can be confusing for you folks offering opinions what she may think of all this. I have included my own misdirections just to further muddle the issue. I know, or don't know if she's a member here, I am not saying either way. If she saw/sees this thread, I believe she might be shocked I found her, but at the same time, feel a bit silly for repeating the errors she was making that enabled me to find her.

It seems to me quite clearly that she hasn't opened my email where I told her what I know. I do know her, and if she had opened it, the backdoor to her personal information would have been closed. I know her, you folks don't. My second contact to her yesterday went to a new outside of MFC source, and she'll find one or the other eventually.

So, if anything, we have learned how to approach a model if her location is at risk of public knowledge. I don't have her phone number. All I am trying to do is get the message to her how to protect herself. when she sees it, she will and I'll post a happy ending note here later.

Reactions: LadyLuna
This may not be major, probably more of a "heads up."

I usually use my Ipad and iSwifter browser for pervin'. Because of that, I am actually accessing MFC through the Swifter servers which are outside of my state. Therefore, my state isn't blocked. ( :pray: please everyone don't block me!)

In case you want to stalk me, I'll give you a head start. Their servers are in Washington State. So, that means I'm in one of the other 49 states unless you are President Obama who thinks there are 57 states :-D
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

So the other night (not saying which one) I said "was that thunder? Or was it someone moving furniture upstairs?"

someone said a few minutes later "based on the weather you're somewhere west of NY, or in FL like me". I reminded him that I wasn't sure if it was thunder or the person upstairs, and said that since I hadn't heard any since that first time, I was pretty sure it was the guy upstairs.

Careful talking about the weather ladies. :p

I've had that happen to me before! I wasn't/will never be a model, but I've mentioned about the noise levels and it was pretty quick for people to narrow it down to my nearest few provinces. Your own ramblings are probably the most revealing data of all. If you were to hold back on information, it may seem as affirming that a claim is true (which is a bad idea, because it makes them all the more determined), so it's a simple case of being vague and never mentioning any specific detail at all.

Try not to use amazon wishlists either; they very poorly protect addresses. I've pretty much seen a full address without even committing to a purchase - it's on the front page when you click the 'wishlist' link. Use the amazon vouchers instead.

Here's the update. Model closed the door that was open and should be safe now. Again, I couldn't say much, but I was kind of disappointed that people got after me for maybe creeping her out by finding her location. My original post was looking for ideas how to get a hold of her and maybe what to say as she hadn't acted yet. Perhaps I pulled the trigger too quickly with my post, but that's only in relation to how you folks reacted to me tracking her down. You don't know me from Adam, but I can tell you one thing, I am harmless. This model will know that for certain when she sees I never show up at her doorstep, but she pretty much knew I was a decent human being to begin with.

She's lucky I did show her she could be found. My earlier advice to her to protect herself was ignored. So, for the rest of you good honest folks, if you find yourself able to deduce exactly where a model is, find a way to let her know as tactfully as you can, she will be grateful you did rather than the wrong person.

JimMorrison said:
if you find yourself able to deduce exactly where a model is, find a way to let her know as tactfully as you can.

And please let her know via MFC Mail or pm...NOT by saying in public chat "Hey, I know that you live in Intercourse, PA!" (that really IS a town in PA). :lol:

Thank you SO much you guys for sharing your knowledge with those of us who may be new and clueless! I've been branding myself on the internet since 2006 (started camming last year but was working in other areas of the adult biz) and I knew about some of these things, but holy effing crap! I learned so much thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Reactions: Poker_Babe
Status
Not open for further replies.