AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stalk people on the internet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wanted to add that facial recognition is one thing - but more often you find models due to simply using the same photos they use in their profiles etc for their facebook/foursquare/twitter image - just drag the profile pics in google-image search and find the other uses...
so - keep your work and private live separated - don't use the same picture for both!

i just remembered another incident where a model busted herself out as far as her location... If a model is doing raffles that require things to be shipped to a member, the shipping label on a package will show where a box was shipped from.

I'm not a big raffle guy, but last year I got into a xmas raffle where I won several gifts. The model had made a mistake and forgot to send one of the gifts, and I received two packages from her. When I received the first package, I simply opened it without inspecting it, and threw away the box, but the second was a poster and the return address was prominently stenciled on the poster tube in big black ink. Unfortunately, the USPS postmark sticker was right next to the return address and I noticed the City/State it was shipped from was completely different from the return address.

I knew she was uptight about people knowing where she lived, so I thought I'd point out the discrepancy in case she didn't realize what goes on a package that gets shipped, and maybe laugh at how obvious the mistake was. When I told her about it, she got mildly uptight and got a slight 'kill the messenger' thing going. Ultimately, she said she sent it to a friend who shipped it to me, but her reaction was a little to aggressive and panicky for me to have believed her.

Since the purpose of telling her about it wasn't to find out where she was from, it wasn't that important what her story was after I told her about it, so I let the subject drop... But I'd bet my bottom dollar she was from the city on the postmark.

bodisha said:
While it's the models business where she's from... No one likes to be lied to... Or at the very least... No one likes to have to work at believing a lie.... If a models going to offer up a story about where she's from... Make it plausible so people won't question it...

You are right that it's nobody's business where the model is from. If a model says that she's from New York, when people ask "What part of New York?" she should say "That's personal" or "I can't tell you that." (something along those lines). No one needs to know what county or town in New York she's in. If she wants to tell you, she will. Otherwise, just be satisfied with the fact that she told you the state.

Arrests

Cam models can get arrested too. Has your favorite model mentioned that she got busted recently for something? Many jurisdictions have arrest records and mug shots as public information. The arrest record will usually have detailed information on the model too.

^^ :naughty: :naughty:

Oh come on, it's old shit, from 2008. It's all over 4chan, and she's even moved since then.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

bawksy said:
Oh come on, it's old shit, from 2008. It's all over 4chan, and she's even moved since then.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Agreed, however, ACF can't/won't be the place to go find MFC models' personal info. :naughty:

bodisha said:
i just remembered another incident where a model busted herself out as far as her location... .

Kind of the same thing here. I was in a models room one night and she basically spelled out where she was. She didn't give any specifics but she was telling the room what was around her. A fast food place was across the street, another establishment was here. There's bush land in behind her. I pm'd her quickly with an emphatic "SHUT UP" and hoped she would see it in time but she checked herself when she realised what she was doing. too late though. Couple the info she just gave out with a wishlist that listed the town name shown and she was pinned down. I already had her address so no new info for me but for someone with an unhealthy attachment......

She has moved since but still slips with local info every once in a while still. I employed some of Bawksy's methods a while ago and ended up scaring the crap out of her. She's pissed at me now and doesn't speak to me as she used to but if that's the price I pay for making her think more of her safety ,I'm OK with it. She has locked her profile down quite a bit. She's passworded her galleries, no wishlists and doesn't cam from every room in her house any more, no house tours etc. She has also had members who had pics of her on their profile pages to remove them as well.

It must be difficult for you models that are talkers not to think you're talking to anyone but your friends that are in room with you frequently. Maybe forgetting that in that room there are people with bad intent as well.

For the wishlist dilemma:

Get a PO Box a few towns over. That way if there are any screw ups with Amazon, it will show your PO Box address; not in the same town as you. Also, set up an Amazon account with your model name or a fake name. So that is your "real name" when it comes to wishlist shipping.

Also, when shipping out goodies: ship it from a few towns over. The shipping stamp at least won't be in your actual town.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

chitti said:
She has moved since but still slips with local info every once in a while still. I employed some of Bawksy's methods a while ago and ended up scaring the crap out of her. She's pissed at me now and doesn't speak to me as she used to but if that's the price I pay for making her think more of her safety ,I'm OK with it.

As a general rule of thumb, unless I really like the model these days... I don't get involved with trying to point something like this out.... I don't think I've had that many instances of where I've felt the need to say something to a model.... Maybe 5-6 times in 3 years... But some models (i.e. many) freak out and instantly get an us vs. them mentality and want to 'kill the messenger' if they feel threatened someone might know where they live... Of the times I've pointed out a model might be exposing to much information on the subject in some way... I'd have say I've gotten negative reactions half the time

In those instances where I have pointed something out, I've never felt the need to go the 'scare the crap out of a model' route... My feelings are if this is such a serious subject, I would hope a model would deal with it in a professional way if it's presented to them as such... Unfortunately though, since it's such a touchy & sensitive subject with many models... unless I have an excellent 'relationship' with a model I'm not going to worry about telling them anything

Reactions: chitti
wow really intresting and useful topic.. loved reading it...
let me just say... i'm soo happy i'm not from the states.. for some reason.. i'm never able to find myself on ANY website that gets linked in topics like this...
i work in a function where i can NOT afford to be found.. doing this kinda thing.. so when i started camming.. i did a really thorough google search.. deleted 10,15 accounts at sites, and even searched for connections between my nickname and my real name...

my social media accounts are closed down as best as they can.. and i use special camwhore photo's that never show up on my social networks..
i did however.. made the worst mistake you can.. i used my semi-personal e-mail addy to sign up at twitter.. and i used that for msn.. for friends that i rarely spoke to
for some reason one of the people desided to open a twitter account.. and started following me... OUCH!

beeing from europe is in this case.. a really calming idea.. people assume holland has one city which is amsterdam.. so when i tell them i'm not from there.. they loose intrest in where i am actually from
i do get some dutchies that like to know.. and i tell them the general area.. which compared to the states would be a part of a state...

i do wonder about one thing... i searched the web about changing or hiding your ip - adress.. but ended up with slow ass trials or proxy's that didnt even work on sites like mfc..
CMIP > is one site where you can find info about your own ip.. i think its intresting that it shows country and city on alot of people... but says nothing when i open it...
there is loads of info about this.. but someone once really did try to find me.. and ended up 155 miles from me.. so that didnt do much damage...

its just sooo much info.. that i'm sure everyone that isnt in a computer related profession slips some info in one way... to find by someone who either works with that stuff.. or is just really intrested by it

i never got really paranoid about beeing stalked.. dont know why.. i guess i dont think it would be much fun to stalk me..
an ex once did.. and i was so down to eath about that.. that he stopped doing it.. and even told me about it.. after 3 anon calls...
i'm not saying girls shouldnt be paranoid about it... but dont forget to do it.. with your feet on the ground...

thanks for all the great tips everyone.. i'm sure alot of people are gonna get alot of use out of them.. :)

This is a really interesting topic to me because I've got a couple of good friends who have been camgirls, one who still is, and I've always been a little concerned about this type of thing so I thought I'd throw in my :twocents-02cents: . Here are a couple more things that I didn't notice got mentioned.

First, if you're on multiple sites, maintain some consistency in your profile information. I used to chat with a few girls who all worked for a studio together and on one site each had profiles that placed them in various places in the US and Canada. However, on another site they were all placed in the same city. They had to then remember how to answer such questions depending on which site they were chatting on and they typically were on both at the same time, so easy to trip up. The kicker to this was that the site they were all on was registered to the studio in the city they were all in. Careless on the studio's part

Second, be aware of the surroundings in your room. I had to call one of my friends on this at one point. She claimed to be on the east coast for privacy purposes but was online one evening at about midnight eastern time. She had her blinds open and it was clearly daylight. Living in the Northwest, it was still daylight at 9 PM (pacific time) in the summer.

These little things aren't enough but if someone is a stalker they're going to take all of these pieces and put them together. This can help them then locate you on Facebook or take other pieces of what you've said and put the puzzle together. It can also help them identify which parts of what you've said is true and what is false.

Reactions: HollieCakes
There's a guy who really wants me to look at his facebook profile. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid, but I don't want to do that.
Is there a way to integrate a counter or something like that into a facebook profile in order to see where the people who visited your profile are from?

LilyMarie said:
There's a guy who really wants me to look at his facebook profile. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid, but I don't want to do that.
Is there a way to integrate a counter or something like that into a facebook profile in order to see where the people who visited your profile are from?
I have seen that question a lot, never a answer to it :)

btw, I did move from facebook to google+, from 58 friends, including 18 females, to 21 friends, with 0 females, only nerds/geeks :)

LilyMarie said:

No Facebook has strtict privacy settings though sometimes it happens a hole is discoverd like a few months back where it whas possible to view facebook photo albums that where set to private by anyone.Allthough some facebook apps claimn they can do this it's a lie.You should keep mfc people off facebook as that contains personal information.

Maybe you’re a stalker, or maybe you just want to know what personal information about you can be found on the Web. Either way, you’ll be surprised at the information that’s available. Just follow these steps:

1. Visit the stalker search site: 123 People, Pipl, and my favorite, WebMii (shown above). They all did a good job of finding me (though some of the pictures and links were for other people with my name). WebMii is fun because it gives you a score based on how famous you (or your name) are.
2. Visit Google (or another big search engine) and search for the person’s name in quotes (for example, “John Doe”). If Google yields too many results because the person has a common name, add the person’s state, town, spouses name, pets name, type of car, interests, or anything else that might distinguish them from people with the same name. Here’s what you’re looking for in the results:
Anything interesting about the person.
The person’s employer (often names are mentioned in press releases or on the company’s website).
The town the person lives in (many towns post public records online).
E-mail addresses the person uses (you’ll see these in forums/message boards/newsgroups sometimes).
Aliases the person uses. For example, if you find a message in a forum signed with the person’s name, look at the nickname used to create the message. Make note of it.
3. Repeat Step 1, but search for other versions of the person’s name. For example, you should search for both “John Doe and “Johnnie”. Then, search for “John J. Joe” and “Johnnie J. Joe”.
4. Now, use Google to search for the person’s e-mail addresses and aliases. After searching for their full e-mail, drop the @ and everything after it. People often use their username on websites, so you might find messages that they’ve written in a forum. As you’re digging, make note of the person’s interest. If they have a Huffy bike, write that down. If they drive a Volvo XC90, make note of that. Names of pets, spouses, and friends are useful–especially if they’re unique or nicknames.
5. If you haven’t found anything useful yet, don’t be discouraged–there’s still a lot of digging to do. Most sensible people try and protect their privacy by not using their full names on the Web. So, let’s search for their first name and combinations of their interests, friends, and location. For example, you might search for “tony xc90 springfield” or “sandi spot fido cycling” (without the quotes).

Reactions: LingWoosBunny
bodisha said:
While it's the models business where she's from... No one likes to be lied to... Or at the very least... No one likes to have to work at believing a lie.... If a models going to offer up a story about where she's from... Make it plausible so people won't question it... Because it can be mildly irritating if we have work at ignoring blaring gaps in a story if it's flagrantly inaccurate... I mean if your going to make something up, at least give it enough thought so it's not going to stare us in the face when you say it

Amen. I don't even bother. I just don't tell anyone ANYTHING. What's hilarious, is that it pisses people the fuck off. I get flamed constantly about where I'm from, because I won't say. I don't even say what coast.

I get asked where are you from. I say I don't tell anyone for privacy reasons. Of course the next line is always "CMON YOU CAN TRUST ME I'M NOT A STALKER". to which my reply, is well "WHO THE FUCK ADMITS THEY ARE ONE?!" I also tell them I trust NOONE. Then they always ask what coast. I tell them I don't say that either, but all I will tell them, is that I follow "*** Timezone" which isn't even close to the ACTUAL timezone I'm in, lololololololol. && then they get really pissed, && butthurt about it. To which I tell them, would you rather me lie about it? Because I'm being honest. I could lie, but it's too much work.

However, lately, I've been making shit up as I go. If someone asks if I'm from a specific place, say LBC, I just say yes. Then sometimes, depending on my mood, I smirk, && laugh a lot, usually with the rest of my room.

As far as not liking being lied to, I like the old cliche, "ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies." When asking someone personal information, if you get hurt feelings because you're lied to, you have no one but yourself to blame...the internet is based on anonymity, especially in such venues as cam sites, which attract a particularly nasty group of stalkers/trolls/etcs.

Nordling said:
As far as not liking being lied to, I like the old cliche, "ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies." When asking someone personal information, if you get hurt feelings because you're lied to, you have no one but yourself to blame...the internet is based on anonymity, especially in such venues as cam sites, which attract a particularly nasty group of stalkers/trolls/etcs.
Nobody likes being lied to. IMHO, there is no reason a model should lie. If she feels a question is too personal then she should just say it's none of your business. :twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:
Nobody likes being lied to. IMHO, there is no reason a model should lie. If she feels a question is too personal then she should just say it's none of your business. :twocents-02cents:

I understand lying in some situations. Oftentimes if someone asks you a direct question, "its none of your business" translates to "Im getting defensive because its true".

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:
So when a guy who has a 2inch. penis is in a private with me on c2c and asks, "Is my dick big?" I should reply, "None of your business?" hahaha

Bocefish said:
If she feels a question is too personal then she should just say it's none of your business. :twocents-02cents:

If I feel that a question is too personal, I'll say "Sorry, that's a bit too personal." I know that if I say "It's none of your business," some guy will respond with "Damn, calm down. You on your period or something?" :roll:

Now if he continues to nag me about it after I've already said it's too personal, then yeah, I will tell him it's none of his business.

Reactions: Nordling
PlayboyMegan said:
So when a guy who has a 2inch. penis is in a private with me on c2c and asks, "Is my dick big?" I should reply, "None of your business?" hahaha

*guy shows two-inch dick*
two-inch: Is my dick big?
me: it's very suckable
two-inch: so not pussy play?
me: we could, but you won't reach my g-spot. But no worries, I like to suck!

It's a miracle! Camming, and reading this forum, have given diplomacy to... A MATH MAJOR! *gasp*

Reactions: Bunbun
Once, upon admitting the state I lived in, a member asked me what city. I said I didn't share that information.

He then proceeded to post his exact address, including the hotel name and room number, in the public room [as to if that was his actual location, who could say?] He said I was being paranoid, I believe, or that I should open up, or that nobody really cares where I live.

I also wonder what happens to guys who post their full phone number, country code at all, in public chat. I'd not be surprised if more than a few got calls, and not from me or any other model.

Also, having Bawksy in my room for an estimated hour yesterday, I am now slightly terrified for my life. In the spirit of talking about guns, I used to live with a former Marine and paramilitary 'security contractor' who owns, among other things, illegal assault rifles, a sniper rifle worth more than my room mate's car, and a Kriss Super V [come on, those things are awesome] but now I must fend for myself. Fortunately the same room mate owns a 1911 and insists I will be purchasing a Mossberg 500, so I guess I'm not completely defenseless.

Say, any ladies up for some group oiled-up bikini-clad gun shows?

If any ladies use a client like Windows Mail for their e-mail instead of the web client, I was informed today after I sent an email from my strictly professional address of my full name, city, and Internet provider.

Lesson learned! Only use the web service to send and receive e-mails.

I tell everyone the state I live in. One night I got yelled at though because I was talking about the large number of Amish people in my area and one of my regulars pmd me saying that people would figure out where I was from and he made a guess based on the Amish thing but was waaaaay off. lol. I just told him there are Amish all over PA so I dont really think that gives too much away.

Reactions: xo_Maria_ox
I'm writing & posting a day 0r more behind. Bad idea? Nope... there is nothing that could be said in a day or two, or a year even that would change this, But its just like, my opinion, man. (he fears me, I can plagiarize him. :lol: )

Lets get fucking real here for a minute. You do not show up anywhere unannounced, unless that is accepted. Back up a step. Showing up to someone's home who has no idea you have gained access to this perimeter wall, - this is the tall one, - this is the castle wall. Back up a step more, This relationship that has brought you to the castle is in part B/G! Well I do not hope you consider this to be a Friendship! This is not how friends act.

I don't even buy the young, goofball, poor judgment, wasn't fucking thinking, sorry just wanted to surprise you, we're going now, BULLSHIT!

And, if I can get my head around that, - that OK, sure with some different sets of sacred shit,- this could be me. So I am opening the door in the thought of this hope, - that after 4 or 5 houres of kicking it, hanging out, Or getting to know the real person, - And how the fuck they ever could have thought this was OK, And maybe even a little sad to see them go. That my main thought be when opening that door is that by stepping back, just one more step back, I have opened the field of fire for a shot gun, right flank, waist level. Hopefuly you were not bound that whole 4 or 5 hours.

(above very awkwardly worded,but I think you get my drift.)

And if we are going to be real and put ourselves in the stalker head, well if he/I is a predator, even a stupid predator, probably I am not going to put myself it to the position above.

If I'm he, and I have come all the way to the castle I'm, not going to rush in and yell here I am. I'm going check the place out a bit. The castle, and the community around it. Then I am going to attach a remotely operated device to the power lead to your fuel pump, - I will be the kind guy that stops to help.

Or maybe less high tech, say you own a diesel with mechanical fuel pump. A puppy with a broken leg is going to appear in your head lights, trying to cross the road. You are the one 7, 8, feet away from your running car picking up a hurt pup, - I am the One who puts my arm around you as you stand up and jambs the barrel of a handgun into you with rib breaking force.

If I am a predatory stalker (and lets be real, what other kind are there) This is how it will be. There may be intervening circumstances, or perhaps this predator realizes that realizing his fantasies are just not worth how thing would be bond to turn out. (He has come all this way though, he almost has to, doesn't he?)

I don't wish to excite any fears, in fact the opposite. I want to suggest that we be real about these sort of things, as well as everything else. Lets not consider for a second that this is a little bit, "not so bad", b/c there are two members in our room who we like, that we can imagine doing this. If you are being stalked there is real reason to worry. Yes I would love to meet and have lunch with JJ, or Sophia, or PokerBabe. But I am not going to show up at their residents no matter how I got that info unless there is some fucked up shit going on in my head.

We can live scared, or, we can live. Don't live scare. Live knowing your chances of getting hurt by someone who tracks you down via the internet are infinitesimal, compared to every time you get into a car. You must be vigilant - remain aware, -BUT- Live your life like a warrior, not like a gate keeper. Go out yelling, not shrieking.

And if their sitting in the back of a pick up with a sign that reads, “Bawksy and Bluecrew” as you pull through the drive through of a nearby FFF, know their might be no harm, but know also they must be educated that, - One Does Not Do This.

Hell, I legitimately know the address and full name of another member, and he mine. If I were to show up to his home or he mine, we would have the right to believe & know that the next steep back could be into a deep hole, the dirt from which we have under our nails still. Or if it is me, that steep will be into a small skiff, A dory to be exact, pointed at both ends, and very sea worthy. I will need to buy more 1.5 & 2 pound ball sinkers to replenish the many I have lost to the foggy fishing grounds just off Moss Beach this morning.

(again awkward, again you get my drift)

From The comments I have read thus far PW was pointing right at the truth - you, all of you, know what is right and what is not right in this. There's a reason that this is one of a very few crimes that one can be convicted for mere projected intent. I am not one for thought crimes, but if you are stocking someone regardless of how it might come out, regardless of any ability to harm, regardless of any thing else. Know this, your mental processor is not working right and you may be forcing someone in to a cold re-boot.

WC, 918

Status
Not open for further replies.