AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How would you guys deal with mental illness

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heart42

Banhammered
Mar 21, 2010
Twitter Username
@41dog
MFC Username
Serenity48
The reason I ask guys is that I have bipolar depression & it can be nerve racking sometimes & even if I love all you guys I wonder what you guys would think

Trusty said:
I wouldnt hand you sharp objects when in heated arguments.

So essentially, what tubby said.

I'm a bit of an expert on depression and some other mental illnesses. I'll gladly either offer any advice I can to anyone. If I can't help I know where more information is in the USA. So if there are any specific questions just let me know. Otherwise the BEST thing to help with depression is to look into getting DBT training. Oh course meds are important too.

Guys
Bipolar depression can do many weird things & the reason I put this up to ask is because I struggle with it on an everyday basis. I haven't had a girlfriend for almost 18 years & it was the one who was abusive with me.The best thing you guys can do for me is to go to your local NAMI office & get to know more about depression & many other mental illnesses. They should be in your local phone book or go to NAMI.ORG to find the local chapter nearest you.

My biological mother had bipolar disorder, as they called it back then. I don't really remember any episodes with her, but after I was 7 the only times I really saw her were when she was on medication, perfectly lucid but shaky as hell (this would be early 90's). They never did get the right meds figured out before cancer interfered... I'm not entirely sure if she was still on them once the chemo started but she seemed a lot happier at that point. Maybe it was just because she was getting to see her children.

In high school, a friend of mine had manic-depression (as they call it now, since, obviously, she still has it... I just haven't talked to her since graduation.) I witnessed a couple episodes- the dorm mother was very bad about making sure she got the lithium she needed. The first year, the way she explained it was she got enough to keep the mania in control, but not enough for the depression. I talked her through the depression, completely missing the "back to your rooms" bell causing panic in the dorms because they all knew I wouldn't run away. They were trying to figure out how the hell I could've been kidnapped. :p Second year, she just didn't get any of her meds. Maybe once a week or something. So, I witnessed a couple episodes that year. She scared me when she was manic (she tended towards the bloody), but I stayed until she asked me to leave. I know she was glad that I did, and at the same time didn't think the same of me afterwards, though my view of her didn't change.

At the gas station where I worked, there was an older gentleman who ended up having a couple long conversations with me during some very slow nights. Turned out he had manic-depression. That didn't phase me- the bit that I found creepy was his tendency to start flirting... but I know that had nothing to do with the disorder that was on his medical records.

So, yeah, as long as you are on your meds, I'll treat you like anyone else I know. If you weren't, and you were depressive, I would make sure you weren't suicidal before I left. If you were manic, I'd still chat and laugh with you unless it looked like you were about to get out of hand. Otherwise, still, treat you like anyone else. (Which, yeah, I'd do the same with anyone else having a nervous break-down or a really bad day- stay with them until I knew they were okay or it looked like I might be in danger) For the most part, I won't think about it while you're in my presence; though I might try to dissect the encounter when you were gone, I'm tactful enough that I won't tell you about that part. Don't take it personally- I do that to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.