AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HUGE reduction in tippers/privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThePioneer said:
You can make this same argument to any line of work that relies on commission or discretionary spending. Just because you don't view cam modeling as a legitimate field of work doesn't mean these girls should have to go out and find other jobs. Their time is worth money, even if you don't think so.

I never said that it isn't a legitimate field of work models have to pay taxes ...Agreed their time is worth money but who should pay that money is another thing ... us members ? yes how about MFC puts a less money into there own pockets and give a higher payout .... maybe just maybe that would be a step in the good direction.

ThePioneer said:
As I already stated, MFC is a luxury, if you can't afford it find something else to do with your time. If I only make a modest income, picking space exploration as a hobby isn't the best idea because it costs too damn much...

Who says ? That isn't the truth because you say so.... and what i can and cannot afford is something you don't know so why are you talking about that ?.

ThePioneer said:
Freeloaders are already putting a "limit" on tokens by causing a reduction in their purchasing power. If there are less people tipping towards a show, that means the I have to tip more. Instead of being able to spend 100 tokens on 10 models, I have to spend 1000 tokens on 1 to get the same effect. This ins't about getting freeloaders and cheap asses to spend more, it's about creating a fairness that will keep paying customers on the site. You buy X amount of tokens for $X, how would requiring a customer to use those tokens differently be illegal?

Yes good point.You know what i really dislike ? last week i whas in a models room here topic said "300 tokens for a cumshow" at the time i whas the only premium in her room (besides a few guests) so i tipped those 300 and she started her thing.Within ten seconds her room was full of basics and other premiums watching something i payed for 1 of them even had the guts to demand her.That is something i dislike :angry4: once you purchase something it's yours forever you use it whenever you feel like using it if there is a limit let's say 30 days and those purchased tokens are being taken away where is the value for the money ?.

Mfcwatchdog said:
ThePioneer said:
As I already stated, MFC is a luxury, if you can't afford it find something else to do with your time. If I only make a modest income, picking space exploration as a hobby isn't the best idea because it costs too damn much...

Who says ? That isn't the truth because you say so.... and what i can and cannot afford is something you don't know so why are you talking about that ?.
Well it's the truth. Watching girls entertain you naked on your screen is a luxury, not a necessity. If you can't afford to chip in for what you're seeing, you shouldn't be there. Or at least to some mild extent of that ideology. You can survive without cam girls, so enjoying them comes at a price outside of your "living expenses" budget.

I really, really feel like if MFC would have just followed their own damn rules, this wouldnt be a problem. The vast majority of their income is coming from the top 100, possibly even the top 5, and its mostly from public shows. Of course MFC isn't going to tell them to stop doing it, especially this late in the game. The value (price people are willing to pay) of everything has gone down for the majority of models on the site. Now the system is fucked and anyone with a <2k camscore gets thrown under the bus.

On another note: I can definitely see hiding tokens. Thats definitely something I can understand someone not wanting to show. But I wish premiums couldn't hide points. Points at least give you SOME sense of how "legit" someone is and -maybe Im alone in this- when someone hides their points, it makes me wary of them.

Jessi said:
I really, really feel like if MFC would have just followed their own damn rules, this wouldnt be a problem. The vast majority of their income is coming from the top 100, possibly even the top 5, and its mostly from public shows. Of course MFC isn't going to tell them to stop doing it, especially this late in the game. The value (price people are willing to pay) of everything has gone down for the majority of models on the site. Now the system is fucked and anyone with a <2k camscore gets thrown under the bus.

On another note: I can definitely see hiding tokens. Thats definitely something I can understand someone not wanting to show. But I wish premiums couldn't hide points. Points at least give you SOME sense of how "legit" someone is and -maybe Im alone in this- when someone hides their points, it makes me wary of them.
I agree, except for one thing. There are a few models who think it's fun to humiliate people based on their points. Rare perhaps but even once is too often.

Jessi said:

Points are more important to hide than tokens. It should not be every random models business how much money I spend. I would never get a moments peace if everyone could see my points.

Shaun__ said:
Jessi said:

Points are more important to hide than tokens. It should not be every random models business how much money I spend. I would never get a moments peace if everyone could see my points.

:text-yeahthat:

Nordling said:
Jessi said:

I agree, except for one thing. There are a few models who think it's fun to humiliate people based on their points. Rare perhaps but even once is too often.

Thats so...counter productive. I totally get if someone requests private without saying anything and they have 2 tokens and I say "Sorry dude, I have an X token minimum, we cant go private now". But calling people out and making fun of them is just bad business. :naughty:

Shaun__ said:

Oh, I thought points just meant how long youve been on and how many times you bought tokens (like the member equivalent of camscore). I guess that makes sense. My first thought when everything is all hidden is "why is this guy hiding everything and insisting I go private?". :shock: Maybe Im just paranoid.

Reward points are how we measure customer loyalty at our site. For every 10 tokens you purchase, you will receive 1 reward point. As you get more reward points, certain options and features on the website will become available to you. And while we certainly appreciate and help all our members, those members with higher levels of reward points may receive priority personal customer support for any issue that may come up.

We are constantly working on new ways for members to use reward points. Your reward points never expire and never get used up. We look forward to offering more and more features for them soon!

The only thing RPs got me were more images in the private gallery and font options. They make it sound like you'll get extra cool stuff or be treated like royalty, lol

Not mentioning names, but there are plenty of models that go around looking for high RP prems and spam them. :whistle:

Bocefish said:
Reward points are how we measure customer loyalty at our site. For every 10 tokens you purchase, you will receive 1 reward point. As you get more reward points, certain options and features on the website will become available to you. And while we certainly appreciate and help all our members, those members with higher levels of reward points may receive priority personal customer support for any issue that may come up.

We are constantly working on new ways for members to use reward points. Your reward points never expire and never get used up. We look forward to offering more and more features for them soon!

The only thing RPs got me were more images in the private gallery and font options. They make it sound like you'll get extra cool stuff or be treated like royalty, lol

Not mentioning names, but there are plenty of models that go around looking for high RP prems and spam them. :whistle:

Those stupid points are good for nothing other than letting me change my font and get a custom color. You are treated like royalty though, if you mean treated like the youngest son of the youngest son of the youngest son of the third cousin twice removed of some dude who bought a title.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I think this has veered off topic massively and should be renamed or merged with the Freeloaders thread :whistle:

Seriously though, these free loaders are here 12 months/365 days a year

Most businesses go through a lean spell in January and February as everyone is recouping after the massively expensive Christmas period and Camming sites are no exception to this, as a member I just don't have the disposable income especially as my yearly bills like Road Tax and TV Licence come out in Jan

Just keep smiling and ride out the storm, probably helps if you have accumulated a bit of a gang of regulars throughout the year too..

IMO.. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: LexiCurves
Being able to see your points is like giving us an idea if you are truthful, if you ask for a private or group show. If you have enough for us to cum with you awesome! If you do not well that makes us say sorry dude you do not have enough. Or when you ask us to show our lady bits we can view it and be like ok he has this many tokens,he can tip for it. He may or may not tip,but if he doesn't then I guess no show then.If you hide your tokens then we do not have an idea if you can back up what you offer us.

Showing points is indeed a double edged sword.

In regards to:
sxycherrypie said:
when you ask us to show our lady bits we can view it and be like ok he has this many tokens,he can tip for it. He may or may not tip,but if he doesn't then I guess no show then.If you hide your tokens then we do not have an idea if you can back up what you offer us.

Huh? That's confusing even after I read it twice, lol

If someone you don't know asks to see your lady bits without a tip, it's pretty much begging IMHO. The likelihood of them tipping after they are rewarded for begging is slim to none. :twocents-02cents:

sxycherrypie said:
Being able to see your points is like giving us an idea if you are truthful, if you ask for a private or group show. If you have enough for us to cum with you awesome! If you do not well that makes us say sorry dude you do not have enough. Or when you ask us to show our lady bits we can view it and be like ok he has this many tokens,he can tip for it. He may or may not tip,but if he doesn't then I guess no show then.If you hide your tokens then we do not have an idea if you can back up what you offer us.

I hide my tokens because they are not something you need to see. If it is public chat just ask them to tip before you show whatever it is you are planning to show. As far as private minimums go it does not matter if he has 1,000,000 tokens if he ends it after 30 seconds. Until MFC installs an escrow feature both sides have to trust one another.

I think though points are irrelevant. I have quite a few prems who sit in my room one with high points in the 10's of thousands, one even with 100,000+. He's never dropped a cent on me. I ignore points, except if you are in the 5k range and coming in my room saying "pussy" and thats it. I will remind you that obviously you've been here long enough to know better.

sxycherrypie said:
Very true, although making people show their tokens and reward points is a little like if a retail store made you carry all your cash in your hand before you could put anything in your shopping basket. :)

A change that would really work, would be if MFC created a model option in which you can demand the member pay the minimum (tokens that you set) for a private up front. The system could then subtract from that pre-paid cache until the minimum was reached and any additional time would draw from the member's tokens as they do now. If something happened, like MFC suddenly went offline or other error not the fault of member or model, they could refund any tokens from the "pre-paid" stash to the member automatically.

Bocefish said:

:text-yeahthat: I let my points be seen until I hit somewhere around 18,000...... first it was the random Asian, then the Columbians attacked and then the studio Russians and Rommies. The light FINALLY went on and I remembered what was still showing. Hid everything and its been fairly quiet since....
As for you girls that have to see proof before a pvt or whatever, your loss. I don't go into a room cold and expect a pvt. If you don't know me enough to at least feel comfortable with knowing I'm not gonna bail in the first few minutes, then that's my fault and you should say something.....

Nordling said:
... would be if MFC created a model option in which you can demand the member pay the minimum (tokens that you set) for a private up front.

There are a few models that already require a substantial up front just to get them to accept a strangers pvt... has zero to do with the normal per minute chg tho.

I am sorry, I feel like maybe I represented myself poorly here.
I wasnt trying to say that I decline or ban everyone who hides their tokens or points. I had just assumed that a lot of points meant the member had been around a while, and maybe they were less sketchy. I can see now this wouldnt always be the case. I didn't really know exactly how they were determined, I thought it was like a camscore. I just assumed lots of points=well seasoned member=more trustworthy? reasonable?.

I also want to say in my own defence that I don't spam people or single them out based on their tokens/points in my room. If someone wants to do a show with me, I add them to my friends list so I can PM them first. When someone sends a private request, their name is highlighted automatically in my model software. If they didn't talk to me first, I decline and say "Hey I'm adding you so we can discuss this before we do a show". Id NEVER ask someone how many tokens they had, just mention that I have a minimum.

I feel like a dumbass now and didnt know that points were intrusive. This is my fault for not researching what they actually were. Im really, really sorry.

Jessi said:
I wasnt trying to say that I decline or ban everyone who hides their tokens or points. I had just assumed that a lot of points meant the member had been around a while, and maybe they were less sketchy. I can see now this wouldnt always be the case. I didn't really know exactly how they were determined, I thought it was like a camscore. I just assumed lots of points=well seasoned member=more trustworthy? reasonable?.

I also want to say in my own defence that I don't spam people or single them out based on their tokens/points in my room. If someone wants to do a show with me, I add them to my friends list so I can PM them first. When someone sends a private request, their name is highlighted automatically in my model software. If they didn't talk to me first, I decline and say "Hey I'm adding you so we can discuss this before we do a show". Id NEVER ask someone how many tokens they had, just mention that I have a minimum.

I feel like a dumbass now and didnt know that points were intrusive. This is my fault for not researching what they actually were. Im really, really sorry.
Oh, no, not dumb at all. There are so few ways to make assumptions about people online. We can't see their facial expressions nor hear the tone of their voices. I don't blame you for wanting any additional "tell" to determine the authenticity or honestly of someone requesting something that so often they stiff you for. (privates.) And really, I've noticed that the lame members are very often the ones who don't even know they can hide that data. lol So, in many cases you do have that power. I just don't want MFC to force us to reveal the contents of our private information.

Jessi said:

Don't be sorry. That is the beauty of this forum. You learn something new all the time. That's what it's for (or at least for me). AND you can learn something new without looking like a dumbass (your word, not mine) in your room.

Love all your contributions to the forum. Very few will hold this against you. I would say none but there are always jackwagons in the group.

Bocefish said:
RogueWarrior said:
@Jessi Very few will hold this against you. I would say none but there are always jackwagons in the group.

I think at least she deserves some spankings! :mrgreen:

Well, come on, that goes without saying, right? :-D

RogueWarrior said:
Bocefish said:
RogueWarrior said:
@Jessi Very few will hold this against you. I would say none but there are always jackwagons in the group.

I think at least she deserves some spankings! :mrgreen:

Well, come on, that goes without saying, right? :-D

Spankins are 50 tokens :snooty:

lololol

Jessi said:

Don't feel bad, I know how RP is accrued and I still like to see them visible in many situations. It does sorta give us an idea if they've spent time and money on the site and are somewhat invested in their account. 20 RP premiums have less invested in their account and may be less likely to give a shit if people know/dislike them. It may not be accurate of me to think this way, but I would trust a member's opinion a bit more if he/she has invested more in the site. It means they've been around a while, have paid for experiences on the site, and aren't just blowing hot air up our asses when they ask for our attention. The only way we know this is from their RP. If it's hidden, then they just have to make that much better of an impression in my room before they gain any trust.

And trust me, I'm not clicking on every Tom, Dick, and Harry to see their points, but when someone starts being active in my room or causes me to question something they say, I look.

Nordling said:
sxycherrypie said:
Very true, although making people show their tokens and reward points is a little like if a retail store made you carry all your cash in your hand before you could put anything in your shopping basket. :)

A change that would really work, would be if MFC created a model option in which you can demand the member pay the minimum (tokens that you set) for a private up front. The system could then subtract from that pre-paid cache until the minimum was reached and any additional time would draw from the member's tokens as they do now. If something happened, like MFC suddenly went offline or other error not the fault of member or model, they could refund any tokens from the "pre-paid" stash to the member automatically.
I agree it is just when I see a members points and tokens it makes me feel secure even if I tell them ok tip me for it then. I dunno why it does, but it does.

Reactions: Nordling
sxycherrypie said:
Nordling said:
sxycherrypie said:

I agree it is just when I see a members points and tokens it makes me feel secure even if I tell them ok tip me for it then. I dunno why it does, but it does.
Totally understand. Another, perhaps simpler solution is instead of revealing absolute numbers, have MFC "show" only proportionate data... like, "this is a 20, this member has spent over $xxx, and this is a platinum member." Kind of a stepped status thing.

Reactions: sxycherrypie
On the case of the RP's. I know a fella who has very high reward points but also really enjoys playing the private chat field on MFC. He hides his tokens but not his points because it makes it much easier for him to take a new girl private.
I understand not everyone wants the info out there, but it really can be beneficial to the fella. Because his points aren't hidden models take him seriously and he doesn't have to deal with much back and forth before going private thus ruining his mood.
So yeah, showing your reward points can have it's benefits to the members.

Reactions: sxycherrypie
JoleneJolene said:
On the case of the RP's. I know a fella who has very high reward points but also really enjoys playing the private chat field on MFC. He hides his tokens but not his points because it makes it much easier for him to take a new girl private.
I understand not everyone wants the info out there, but it really can be beneficial to the fella. Because his points aren't hidden models take him seriously and he doesn't have to deal with much back and forth before going private thus ruining his mood.

I might be treated better if I did not hide my points, but I would be harassed nonstop by random models that think I find being pestered when I am trying to have fun to be sexy. Insulting a model I think of as a friend is not a good way to get my money.

Shaun__ said:
JoleneJolene said:

I might be treated better if I did not hide my points, but I would be harassed nonstop by random models that think I find being pestered when I am trying to have fun to be sexy. Insulting a model I think of as a friend is not a good way to get my money.

Oh for sure! Ups and downs all over the place! I personally hide my points because I don't want to be harassed nor do I have a need to show them. It goes both ways. There are benefits and there are downsides, just thought I would point out one of the benefits from the members perspective and not just the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.