AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HUGE reduction in tippers/privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LexiCurves

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Dec 16, 2011
Hey girls,

For the first month of camming I did great - LOTS of tips and privates everyday. For the last week now I am lucky to make $10 a day (8-10 hours). I have improved my setting, lightening, etc. and have not changed what I was doing the first week. I even work a consistent schedule and have tried different times of the day... My channels typically have 15-20 people which is where I was a month ago as well..

Has this ever happened to any of you? Just out of now where tips/private requests STOP? Could it be something the site has done such as marketing/advertising?

BTW, I'm working for MFC

Hi Lexi,
no need to put this in the models-only section. Despite what some may feel, since we members are the generators of said tips, we just may be able to add a tiny bit... :whistle:
From the members side, I have been around MFC longer than a lot of the girls here. I have noticed a lot of reduction in tipping. Even in the chat levels. Yes it does fluxuate with the time after the holidays to a degree. This however I have noticed changing since last summer. Once again, I'm not talking about the 'Ambers' and other top rung girls, but the average girl with a score 2500 or less. I see many rooms in my wanderings that have 10-20-30 premiums and maybe a total of 50 to well over 100, sitting there, mostly silent, watching like its MFC Free TV. One gal today.. mid page in the most popular rooms list. 175 in attendance. Working her very sexy ass off trying to get more than 2 of us to talk to her..... nothing.... in the 45ish minutes I was there, she got a total of 3 tips. 2-10's and a 30. To me, thats simply rude. Sit and watch someone perform for you, for free, and not even have the courtesy to say hi or thanks. You can make all the excuses in the world about the economy etc. but I put it squarely on the "free never pay for sex shows again" marketing campaign Leo has adopted. That attracts every broke-ass-living-in-the-basement-loser on the web and despite traffic generating percentage formulas, they have no intention of spending anything if its not for a game. :twocents-02cents:

Sorry for the mini rant, I'll get off my soapbox now. lol

LexiCurves said:
Oh poo! Sorry, I'm new here and figured I should be "asking a model" I guess but thank you for the reply!!
You didn't do anything wrong, it's not a rule. I just see so many threads like this in the Models Only section. A lot of models like to rant in private where the members can't see. So you might get more of a response there. That's all. But stay positive and maybe make some content to sell or give as prizes to some fun games in free chat! :D Good luck. xo

SoTxBob said:

Sit and watch someone perform for you, for free, and not even have the courtesy to say hi or thanks. You can make all the excuses in the world about the economy etc. but I put it squarely on the "free never pay for sex shows again" marketing campaign Leo has adopted. That attracts every broke-ass-living-in-the-basement-loser on the web and despite traffic generating percentage formulas, they have no intention of spending anything if its not for a game.

This is as good a place as any for my first post... :-D

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I happen to be friends with a model of 2 years experience on MFC who has experienced the same frustrations as the OP. We have discussed it at length, and assert the following:

-- Guests and basics should be one "non-paying" category, and have extremely limited access. Maybe a time limit per model and per day; say, 30 seconds at a time for up to 10 models a day. Just enough to whet the appetite and get a live taste of what goes on, then get redirected to a sign-up/pay screen. The whole notion of basically unlimited access to view model cams for free is ridiculous IMHO.
-- Paying members should have a time limit on how long they can use their tokens. Additionally, if you use up your tokens and don't purchase more within a certain time frame, your privileges are suspended. Too many folks cough up 20 bucks to buy the first batch of tokens just to get "lifetime" premium status so they can participate in chat without being muted, hang around in the lounge, etc., then never buy or tip tokens again.
-- Finally, it was stupid to use the tern "tip" in the first place. In the real world, people generally think of a tip as a gratuity above and beyond a basic wage. This leads to the mistaken notion that the models are already paid and that tips are "extra," when in reality the "tips" ARE the models' income.

I've been in rooms where there are often hundreds of members and guests viewing, but only maybe a dozen or fewer who regularly tip, and probably constitute 95% of the model's income. Why should they finance a free show for everybody else? OK, I know about the state of the economy, and not everyone can afford to buy tokens often, and many models have certain regulars that they like, who regularly contribute positively to the chat, yet aren't in a financial position to tip often. How about, in addition to the changes above, allow each model to grant a sort of "exempt" status on a small number of those individuals, to allow them continued access to their room even if their tokens expire or get used up?

The "free never pay for sex shows again" hook generates massive traffic numbers that look great to advertisers and investors and make for great publicity, but it doesn't do the models any favors.

StanislavJ said:
SoTxBob said:

Sit and watch someone perform for you, for free, and not even have the courtesy to say hi or thanks. You can make all the excuses in the world about the economy etc. but I put it squarely on the "free never pay for sex shows again" marketing campaign Leo has adopted. That attracts every broke-ass-living-in-the-basement-loser on the web and despite traffic generating percentage formulas, they have no intention of spending anything if its not for a game.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I happen to be friends with a model of 2 years experience on MFC who has experienced the same frustrations as the OP. We have discussed it at length, and assert the following:

-- Guests and basics should be one "non-paying" category, and have extremely limited access. Maybe a time limit per model and per day; say, 30 seconds at a time for up to 10 models a day. Just enough to whet the appetite and get a live taste of what goes on, then get redirected to a sign-up/pay screen. The whole notion of basically unlimited access to view model cams for free is ridiculous IMHO.
-- Paying members should have a time limit on how long they can use their tokens. Additionally, if you use up your tokens and don't purchase more within a certain time frame, your privileges are suspended. Too many folks cough up 20 bucks to buy the first batch of tokens just to get "lifetime" premium status so they can participate in chat without being muted, hang around in the lounge, etc., then never buy or tip tokens again.
-- Finally, it was stupid to use the tern "tip" in the first place. In the real world, people generally think of a tip as a gratuity above and beyond a basic wage. This leads to the mistaken notion that the models are already paid and that tips are "extra," when in reality the "tips" ARE the models' income.

I've been in rooms where there are often hundreds of members and guests viewing, but only maybe a dozen or fewer who regularly tip, and probably constitute 95% of the model's income. Why should they finance a free show for everybody else? OK, I know about the state of the economy, and not everyone can afford to buy tokens often, and many models have certain regulars that they like, who regularly contribute positively to the chat, yet aren't in a financial position to tip often. How about, in addition to the changes above, allow each model to grant a sort of "exempt" status on a small number of those individuals, to allow them continued access to their room even if their tokens expire or get used up?

The "free never pay for sex shows again" hook generates massive traffic numbers that look great to advertisers and investors and make for great publicity, but it doesn't do the models any favors.
I agree with you 100%! I could not have said it better myself. Leo needs to change the way he broadcasts MFC.

StanislavJ said:
-- Paying members should have a time limit on how long they can use their tokens. Additionally, if you use up your tokens and don't purchase more within a certain time frame, your privileges are suspended.

This idea could really be something, but what should it be called? I kind of like the name group show or maybe private show. No, those names sound like crap. I need to do some thinking to find something better.

uaNmZ.jpg

Reactions: missmeowmixx
StanislavJ said:
SoTxBob said:

Agree with all of your points except time limit on token use. Tokens are = $ and should not have a time limit as you have paid for them.

I would give some more control to the models on how they can run their rooms and offer some options when or if they have a certain amount of viewers. A good example is once a room hits 75 or 100 a option for the model to charge a 20-50token cover charge to continue viewing for another 10-30mins sounds fair...of course the models can choose members they want to bypass this charge as they may have already been tipping or they wish to remain in the room. Win/win for both models and MFC as some of the basics may purchase packages and a model can earn at least some $ on those who are enjoying a models show. MFC is still free so no false advertising and the **fine print can advise this for legal reasons. You can figure a room with 100 viewers will have at least 10-15 premiums in it and giving the ladies that do all the hard work a bit more control may bring more models and that equals revenue. :twocents-02cents:

~worm~

SoTxBob said:

Hi Lexi, no need to put this in the models-only section... I have been around MFC longer than a lot of the girls here...I have noticed a lot of reduction in tipping...since last summer...I'm not talking about the 'Ambers' and other top rung girls, but the average girl with a score 2500 or less....You can make all the excuses in the world about the economy etc. but I put it squarely on the "free never pay for sex shows again" marketing campaign Leo has adopted. That attracts every broke-ass-living-in-the-basement-loser on the web and despite traffic generating percentage formulas, they have no intention of spending anything...:twocents-02cents:
StanislavJ said:

I agree with you guys 110%. The "free never pay for sex shows again" is harmful, particularly to lower ranked models. This ad campaign only serves to load rooms with deadbeats, which tippers have become reluctant to pay to provide free shows for. MFC forgot that the tipping honor system is effective ONLY as long as the perception is that most people participate. When people see lots of others getting a benefit without cost, the honor system breaks down pretty quickly.

If you havent seen this ad, here's a link i recently found...
http://www.freecamsexposed.com/?r=.5.5. ... _NVA_ES_4_

StanislavJ said:

you are nuts a PAYING member shoulldn't have any limits at all and purchasing more and when should be his choice and his only i HATE demanding tactics.You can work at livejasmin you're a nazi to.If you are not getting tips / privates / groups whatever then wait untill they come back demanding already paying member is the worst thing you can do unless you want to lose all ..... I can agree with a basic / guests limit and there are other ways to archieve your ideas .I agree something should happen against the $20 newbies but limiting everybody is not a solution.Paying is optional not an obligation...

Mfcwatchdog said:
I can agree with a basic / guests limit
I agree something should happen against the $20 newbies
Paying is optional not an obligation...

I'm not certain how I feel on this issue but I feel I must point out an obvious flaw in your response.
These statements don't mesh.

Edit: OMG OMG OMG my avatar was in that commercial! This is the first time ever I've been in an ad for MFC (yes I always look) I just giggles and sqeed everywhere!

StanislavJ said:
This is as good a place as any for my first post...Guests and basics should be one "non-paying" category, and have extremely limited access. Maybe a time limit per model and per day; say, 30 seconds at a time for up to 10 models a day. Just enough to whet the appetite and get a live taste of what goes on, then get redirected to a sign-up/pay screen. The whole notion of basically unlimited access to view model cams for free is ridiculous IMHO.

Have you ever been to Chaturbate? It's got some interesting functions. Access to rooms is granted by priority. They actually put a limit on their guest/anonymous users. If there are too many, you'll be blocked by a messaage This room has the maximum number of anonymous users. Create your free account to start chatting. Also, purchasing tokens doesn't guarantee you premium member status forever. If you purchase tokens, you have premium abilities ONLY for as long as the tokens last. The flaw here is that most registered members have learned to keep One (1) token in reserve to maintain those abilities. Chaturbate's true premium member level costs $30 a month. Other interesting features: models are allowed to set their own private show per minute prices, and models can designate room moderators who have the power to silence or block unruly people.

JoleneJolene said:
Edit: OMG OMG OMG my avatar was in that commercial! This is the first time ever I've been in an ad for MFC (yes I always look) I just giggles and sqeed everywhere!

I am going to tell all my friends I talked to someone famous now. Can you autograph this for me JJ.

nsZQb.jpg

I think I am going to go buy some raffle tickets for your canvas print as well. It is more valuable than I realized.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Mfcwatchdog said:
you are nuts a PAYING member shoulldn't have any limits at all and purchasing more and when should be his choice and his only i HATE demanding tactics.You can work at livejasmin you're a nazi too. If you are not getting tips / privates / groups whatever then wait untill they come back demanding already paying member is the worst thing you can do unless you want to lose all ..... I can agree with a basic / guests limit and there are other ways to archieve your ideas .I agree something should happen against the $20 newbies but limiting everybody is not a solution.Paying is optional not an obligation...

Cam Model nazi's ??
camnazi.jpg

Isn't the problem here MFC's failure to enforce rules?

The "why pay for what I can get for free" attitude comes from the availability of public shows. If models as a whole reserved 'shows' for group or private and limited themselves to topless play, conversation, and dancing in public, more members would pay for shows. Groups would start making sense again. Unfortunately, as soon as models realize that their best route to a top-20 spot is to do tons of public shows, this falls apart.

There are still some examples of high-ranked models who don't do public shows, eg: Posie, AlexandraCole, & GoddessZoe.

Amber, I hope this isn't an impolite question, but wasn't there a time when you wouldn't do public play shows?

(If there's already a thread on this in the "Models-Only" section, I obviously don't know about it.)

Human said:
Isn't the problem here MFC's failure to enforce rules?

The "why pay for what I can get for free" attitude comes from the availability of public shows. If models as a whole reserved 'shows' for group or private and limited themselves to topless play, conversation, and dancing in public, more members would pay for shows. Groups would start making sense again. Unfortunately, as soon as models realize that their best route to a top-20 spot is to do tons of public shows, this falls apart.

There are still some examples of high-ranked models who don't do public shows, eg: Posie, AlexandraCole, & GoddessZoe.

Amber, I hope this isn't an impolite question, but wasn't there a time when you wouldn't do public play shows?

(If there's already a thread on this in the "Models-Only" section, I obviously don't know about it.)

Amber doesn't do public cum shows. Maybe a little touching before group but unless I missed a big change, no public cum shows for Amber. Her groups however are famously epic.

Reactions: Human
StanislavJ, hey, you sound a lot like this awesome guy that comes in to my room, is that you?!?! Haha :p

NO, premium members that only spent like, 19.95 SHOULD be made to lose their "premium" status after SO long, because LOTS of them who only spent that 19.95 do it so they can message girls to watch their cam for free, go to the lounge to find free shows, bla bla bla. I am not saying premiums should be obligated to spend a HUGE amount *every*time, but goddamn, 19.95 for life?!? That's a little off the wall.

It's actually a little slower on Streamate, also. I just freaked out on a lot of girls there for trying to turn it into MFC actually, haha. :p

But really, MFC is a freeloader's dream. A member can keep private shows, not pay for pussy, bounce around to free shows and watch free porn ALL day, PM a girl when she is trying to entertain a room, try to scam to get free shows, say they will pay for paypal for a discounted skype session, lalalala. MFC is really just awesome if you have a good set of regulars that make your time there worth it. And if you put in the time, it WILL happen, and then MFC *is* fun, and really has unlimited earning potential.
I don't take shit from other members, and I don't EVER do cum shows in public. I MUCH rather do that in private!!! Or make a custom vid, etc. Doing cum shows in public quadruples your room count, and as soon as you are done, they leave, bouncing off to the next free show! Yes, this happens to everyone, I studied MFC for a long time before going back there. But the guys I do have, love my attitude. So. . just be yourself! :D

Shaun__ said:
Can you autograph this for me JJ.

nsZQb.jpg

Youbetcha! :thumbleft:

Attachments

• Shaun.jpg
    Shaun.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 840
Reactions: Shaun__
Oy vey said:
Cam Model nazi's ??
camnazi.jpg

They have ways of making you talk and giving them the information they want..... :-D

Edit.. Isn't this getting a bit off topic tho ?

Mfcwatchdog said:
you are nuts a PAYING member shoulldn't have any limits at all and purchasing more and when should be his choice and his only i HATE demanding tactics.You can work at livejasmin you're a nazi to.If you are not getting tips / privates / groups whatever then wait untill they come back demanding already paying member is the worst thing you can do unless you want to lose all ..... I can agree with a basic / guests limit and there are other ways to archieve your ideas .I agree something should happen against the $20 newbies but limiting everybody is not a solution.Paying is optional not an obligation...

Paying customers are a necessity for a business like MFC to operate. What do you think attracts models to come work on this site? They don't do this out of the kindness of their heart. Telling someone who relies on this money as income to just wait until paying customers come back is just plain stupid. MFC is a luxury and luxuries cost money...

As Shaun was suggesting at earlier, the design of MFC in theory is good (at least in my opinion). Public chat is free and groups/privates are where the shows take place. However, the site is being used a lot differently than how it was intended and rules aren't enforced. The biggest problem from this is that MFC has yet to adapt or make changes. In the short-run, putting on public show countdowns might bring in a lot more money for the top models. However the long-run is very questionable. If every individual payed and equal amount for the show the cost would be much more affordable for most people (hmmm sounds a lot like groups?). However, when the same token goal is placed on a smaller amount people the cost per person becomes much higher.

By not limiting everyone, it places an unfair burden on those who regularly spend money at MFC. Losing these customers is a much larger problem than losing people who never or only on occasion buy tokens because they feel its optional.

Oy vey said:
Mfcwatchdog said:
you are nuts a PAYING member shoulldn't have any limits at all and purchasing more and when should be his choice and his only i HATE demanding tactics.You can work at livejasmin you're a nazi too. If you are not getting tips / privates / groups whatever then wait untill they come back demanding already paying member is the worst thing you can do unless you want to lose all ..... I can agree with a basic / guests limit and there are other ways to archieve your ideas .I agree something should happen against the $20 newbies but limiting everybody is not a solution.Paying is optional not an obligation...

Cam Model nazi's ??
camnazi.jpg

LiveJasmin are called the nazis (there managment not there models) didn't you know that ?

ThePioneer said:
Paying customers are a necessity for a business like MFC to operate. What do you think attracts models to come work on this site? They don't do this out of the kindness of their heart. Telling someone who relies on this money as income to just wait until paying customers come back is just plain stupid. MFC is a luxury and luxuries cost money...

As Shaun was suggesting at earlier, the design of MFC in theory is good (at least in my opinion). Public chat is free and groups/privates are where the shows take place. However, the site is being used a lot differently than how it was intended and rules aren't enforced. The biggest problem from this is that MFC has yet to adapt or make changes. In the short-run, putting on public show countdowns might bring in a lot more money for the top models. However the long-run is very questionable. If every individual payed and equal amount for the show the cost would be much more affordable for most people (hmmm sounds a lot like groups?). However, when the same token goal is placed on a smaller amount people the cost per person becomes much higher.

By not limiting everyone, it places an unfair burden on those who regularly spend money at MFC. Losing these customers is a much larger problem than losing people who never or only on occasion buy tokens because they feel its optional.

Then tell that "someone" who relys on this income to pay there bills there are other kinds of jobs with a guaranteed wage.You should not rely on other people generousity to get your bills paid.After all the "person" being generous has to work for that money to and he / she has bills of his/here own to ... Putting a limit on tokenuse is rediculous and i doubt it's even legal as you don't get what you paid for or do you hope by putting this limit people are going to spend more ? nope wrong purchasing limits come to my mind....

Mfcwatchdog said:
ThePioneer said:

Then tell that "someone" who relys on this income to pay there bills there are other kinds of jobs with a guaranteed wage.You should not rely on other people generousity to get your bills paid.After all the "person" being generous has to work for that money to and he / she has bills of his/here own to ... Putting a limit on tokenuse is rediculous and i doubt it's even legal as you don't get what you paid for or do you hope by putting this limit people are going to spend more ? nope wrong purchasing limits come to my mind....

This is also a job for us camgirls. Yes,there are other jobs out there,but do you know how hard it is to find a decent job? It took me almost 6 months to find a part time job that pays 9 dollars an hour (in the town I live in that is not too bad). Those tips are our paycheck and we live off of that,oh and by the way some of us do have a day job to help out with bills, for we have bills just like the tippers do. It really is not generosity it is like any other job the customer asks for what he/she wants and they have to pay for it before they get it.

Then tell that "someone" who relys on this income to pay there bills there are other kinds of jobs with a guaranteed wage.You should not rely on other people generousity to get your bills paid.

You can make this same argument to any line of work that relies on commission or discretionary spending. Just because you don't view cam modeling as a legitimate field of work doesn't mean these girls should have to go out and find other jobs. Their time is worth money, even if you don't think so.

After all the "person" being generous has to work for that money to and he / she has bills of his/here own to ...

As I already stated, MFC is a luxury, if you can't afford it find something else to do with your time. If I only make a modest income, picking space exploration as a hobby isn't the best idea because it costs too damn much...

Putting a limit on tokenuse is rediculous and i doubt it's even legal as you don't get what you paid for or do you hope by putting this limit people are going to spend more ? nope wrong purchasing limits come to my mind....

Freeloaders are already putting a "limit" on tokens by causing a reduction in their purchasing power. If there are less people tipping towards a show, that means the I have to tip more. Instead of being able to spend 100 tokens on 10 models, I have to spend 1000 tokens on 1 to get the same effect. This ins't about getting freeloaders and cheap asses to spend more, it's about creating a fairness that will keep paying customers on the site. You buy X amount of tokens for $X, how would requiring a customer to use those tokens differently be illegal?

back to the topic.. I've seen most girls having reduced tips in the last few months. Christmas wasn't near as 'fruitful' as it was last year for the girls I know.
This said, I also concur. MFC is a freeloaders paradise. For average girls to be able to make bills on a consistent basis, something needs to change. Rule enforcement would be a great start. ... BUT.. try and tell Aspen, Ginny, CrazySysy, Schoolgirl, Jaylin, RussianXXtasy and all the rest of the top 100 they cant do any penetration or masturbation in free chat anymore and see what happens.... Yes, "rules from above" are an edict, but there would still be a lot of backlash I'm betting. Personally, I'm fed up with the waiting for 3 guys to reach a tip goal. Fuck all the sitters that start demanding and directing once a goal is reached. I take the girl in a pvt if I have the tokens. IMO, if you haven't tipped toward a show, you dont need to see it.

After that.. maybe have time limits on the $20 prems like other sites do. Once a member passes 500 or 1000 points, THEN they have permanent unlimited access for life. IDK... it seems like Mr. Leo is more concerned with his traffic numbers than his 'supposed support' of the camgirl. While his touted payout percentages are nice, if there are, pick a number, say 10,000 freeloaders and 100 tippers, its really kind of a ridiculous and moot point.......

Mfcwatchdog said:
ThePioneer said:

So a waitress in Quebec who recieves no hourly wage only tips, should stop whining and get a real job if they are not paid for their work? I got ya. I'll go let those ladies know.

We do our work for the members it's only fitting that they should compensate us.

Also you may be forgetting this but: No tips, No models!

Status
Not open for further replies.