AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"HunieCam" (camgirl game)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty fun. Totally silly and ridiculous but pretty damn fun!
Yeah! I finished my first 21 days and got no dick trophy, so I'm trying again.

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 5.45.09 PM.png

Reactions: PearTV and Gen
I scrolled through a bajillion reviews today and couldn't find anyone mentioning the dislike of the stereotyping/verbiage for the game, so I submitted this review today as it's an extremely hot topic on twitter at the moment.

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 2.48.47 PM.png

I scrolled through a bajillion reviews today and couldn't find anyone mentioning the dislike of the stereotyping/verbiage for the game, so I submitted this review today as it's an extremely hot topic on twitter at the moment.

View attachment 62230

Wait, we get to click buildings? SOLD!

Meh, or not. While I found the HunniePop game amusing to look at, now and then, it never grabbed my attention enough to buy. Plus, as far as Match 3 games go, I still have Bejeweled.

I played this, and to be honest, I think it was pretty bad considering how good HuniePop was.

I know that they are 2 different types of games, but they're from the same developer and publisher, so I'm judging it that way. I feel like that it is a poor attempt at a clicker/management game with a different Hunie art-style that no-one really asked for. The gameplay has potential, but it doesn't deliver in my opinion and I reckon it could be a lot better. Maybe they'll fix it up, or release a new game in the future.... but as of now, it isn't very good.

I know a lot of girls are mad at this game. I read the description and laughed my ass off. The description sounded hilarious. I'd love to do a "let's play" video and put in on youtube or something. but I don't have any time to play video games right now

I bought this game the day it came out and have done several play throughs. (Good thing I'm easily motivated by the opportunity to unlock outfits for cartoon chicks.)

It's dark and terribly offensive, but I thought it was funny in a dark, self-referential way but the more I thought about it, the more I really disliked the idea of people who have no experience with sex work playing the game and forming some skewed ideas or perpetuating pre-existing ones. Especially after I saw a review (I'm on mobile or I'd link it) that made some fair, reasonable critiques even for someone not in SW... But their closing statements was something along the lines of there's no need to buy the game, "because sex on the Internet is free." :/

I play with the sound off because your cast of cartoon ladies have commentary when you give them a task, but several or them make comments about "not having a choice" and that just skeeves me out.

Reading through the reviews on the steam store page, I was surprised there wasn't already a negative one on there addressing how it was badly stereotyping/insulting to actual cam girls.

Won't stop me from playing it, at least for a little while. I find it pretty funny, and some of the stuff is pretty cute even if disturbingly accurate.
I heard a lot of different reviews about this game, but the only way for me to have an opinion on it would be to play it!

I get why people find the game offensive, but it seems to be satirical on purpose. Either way, I occasionally find myself thinking about my camming career in terms of this game... Like, which fetishes I have covered, whether I'm spending resources on gaining fans versus money... It has a lot of bad stereotypes but I feel like it does a good job covering the types of things camgirls have to think about.

I haven't played it yet, because there are a lot of reviews that it gets super repetitive in an obnoxious way (obviously management games are always somewhat repetitive). I went to check it out after watching some Let's Players I like who had done Huniepop try it, and I suddenly remembered...this game and AmberCutie's review made me go Googling for articles on actual camming, and the ones I found landed me here, lol. So I guess the game (and AmberCutie) get credit for recruiting me!

Maybe I should see how Jacksepticeeye play too :3 I just liked how markipillar tried to say things like sugar instead of coke. It's not kid friendly at all but he tries to keep it a bit clean . Though with this game that is impossible .

I played this game a few times trying to get the top trophy! No luck as of right now. It is too quick maybe they will make a longer more detailed style one. I like typhoon type games and the satire did not bother me at all.
I walked into a web cam studio games left out a pimp not the worst game in my book

I played this on MFC the other day. I laughed the first time through, then the jokes got a little old. The gameplay itself is fun, if mindless.

I got dat gold dick trophy when I finished though. AWYISSSSSSSSSSSS

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I played Huniepop and suddenly it was six hours later

This is me with any pc game. Wake up, start playing, oops the day is gone and I haven't had breakfast yet.

• Funny!
Reactions: SatanJonez
I spent a good amount of time playing both Hunie games last night. Here are my thoughts:

1) HunieCam: I thought it was very funny regardless of how accurate it is (or isn't). You have to be actively looking for a reason to be offended in order for your feewings to get hurt playing it. Now, the mechanics of the game *are* offensive. I played all the way through and couldn't get a trophy here is why: clicking buildings works if the items they spawn are in the order of the units, tens, or hundreds. So, it is okay to click for cigarettes, but with money, once you start making over 1000 a day, it is impossible. I leave my finger clicking the building permanently and I am still incurring on debt at the end of the day or failing to buy promos and upgrade my studio simply because there are 3200 dollars stuck on the fucking building with no way to get them. Models make money faster than you can click, and you spend money faster than you can click as well unless you hold back. But if you hold back you can't make 10,000 followers. 4/10 because the mechanics are so fucked.

2) HuniePop: super fun, superior game compared to huniecam simply because it works. But it gets repetitive. I fucked 2 girls already and have no reason to keep trying since it is in essence a dumbed down Bejeweled game. 6/10 because it beats watching reruns of The Voice in Hulu.

I have played this game more than I should admit ha-ha. I've managed a diamond dick trophy, but platinum is just impossible. So far my strategy has been to save up condoms and pimp dem girls out at the hotel for last minute boosts in the final couple of days.

Also, I dont bother collecting money until I can collect a lot per click. If I have some girls not on cam, I'll click to rush their activities to get them back to work

It's a pretty fun management game :)

I bought this game the second it came out. (Due to the promo from HuniePop. And including of previous cast characters.) I think it's a lot of fun, the light jabs at camgirl humor is okay. I'm working on the platinum trophy, but unlocking the outfits is also a priority!

Status
Not open for further replies.