AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I am a former gray user who started paying and I wanted to share my story

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not sure why you quoted me when what you said has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. My entire point on this was you said you considered this person a friend and when they told you they were having a difficult time you tried to take advantage of them, you cant say weather the situation is true or not, neither can we. The only information that we have in this situation is that someone you said you considered a friend needed help and you tried to take advantage of that situation to get cheaper content.

If the payment ruins the fantasy you expect the fantasy to be kept up 24/7 with you tipping what you feel like and only at the time you feel like? That's like your boss telling you to work everyday and he will pay you what he wants when he wants to do it.

From the way you have presented yourself here, If you had acted like you said you acted in these rooms, I would have banned you too.

>My entire point on this was you said you considered this person a friend and when they told you they were having a difficult time you tried to take advantage of them,
>The only information that we have in this situation is that someone you said you considered a friend needed help and you tried to take advantage of that situation to get cheaper content.

I had never asked this person about any photos prior to this. They didn't have any photos listed on their accounts. I know some girls who take 5 tokens for photos, and I know some who wouldn't take 100 tokens. Everyone values their work and time differently. This person is from the same country and has less viewers than someone who takes 5 tokens. How do I know?

They did not pass the "difficult time" test for me. If my kid was sick, I'd do anything for money. Period. If my kid wasn't that sick, I'd want more. That's my POV and I think it's understandable.

>From the way you have presented yourself here, If you had acted like you said you acted in these rooms, I would have banned you too.

So from the sounds of things, you would prefer me to lie to you than to be honest...

Camming is not just entertainment. There's real money and real feelings involved. There are a ton of poor people out there who are exploitable and don't know that the girl really doesn't love them, and sometimes doesn't even know they exist.

You can literally say about that any form of media. It's the same with people who spend loads of money on their favouite artist/band/filmstar etc.
It does has real life consequences but no ones putting a gun to your head for you to watch them. - It's not my fault if someone falls in love with me as I don't force them to stay or even come to my room.
You clearly have some issues if you're blaming them and not finding the causes to root problem.

Judging SOLELY from your posts on this thread, you seem to have an incredible amount of disdain and disgust for camgirls, viewing them all as exploitative, manipulative and money-hungry, taking advantage of all the poor members who visit our rooms. While at the same time, implying that none of us are worth paying for the services/products/happiness that we provide, and justifying why you can't/won't/don't like to pay. There's a whole lot of Red Flags scattered amongst your posts. Put them all together, and it paints a very bleak portrait of your opinion on cam-models, and our jobs, in general.

Honestly, with an attitude like this, I don't see you finding any enjoyment from camsites. And I can completely and totally understand why you are being banned by so many models. Why would I want to associate with someone who doesn't think I am worth paying, or who views my profession with such contempt? Why would anyone want to welcome such behavior or attitudes into their room? No amount of tokens is worth that. The MOMENT I get a hint that members feel this way about cam-models, I tend to ban. Because I can never have a satisfying relationship, business or friendship-wise, with someone who deep down inside views Me and my fellow models with such distrust and outright antipathy.

I would rather surround myself with people who enjoy my company and the pleasure I give them, people who respect Me as a person and who value my services for what they are worth - and who know the difference between fantasy and reality. Those are the people whom I will create customs for. Those are the people whom I will allow to remain in my circle, who are welcome in my space, whom I value and care about.

>Judging SOLELY from your posts on this thread, you seem to have an incredible amount of disdain and disgust for camgirls, viewing them all as exploitative, manipulative and money-hungry, taking advantage of all the poor members who visit our rooms. While at the same time, implying that none of us are worth paying for the services/products/happiness that we provide, and justifying why you can't/won't/don't like to pay. There's a whole lot of Red Flags scattered amongst your posts. Put them all together, and it paints a very bleak portrait of your opinion on cam-models, and our jobs, in general.

I think it can be done in a non-toxic way, but that way is going to make it much more difficult to make money.

The model I pay money to for pictures daily is 100% worth it, as is the model I pay to dance to requested songs.

Many people here tell me how bad it is to assume, yet you are assuming I don't pay and are wrong. Pick one.

>And I can completely and totally understand why you are being banned by so many models.

Do you think it is reasonable that I was banned 1 hour after becoming a paid member after telling someone that I was busy and would contact them later? I don't think it is reasonable.

>I would rather surround myself with people who enjoy my company and the pleasure I give them, people who respect Me as a person

I don't want anything from you personally. I don't have to be nice or friendly if I don't choose to. But if I want something from someone, I'm going to have to be, aren't I?

>who value my services for what they are worth

You can charge whatever you want, but finding someone to pay it is another story. No one would rent my friend's $1,000 a month house. He lowered it to $900 and found a renter. He could have spent 1 to 11 months to find that renter, but he realized it was more profitable in the end to miss out on $1,200 than on $12,000.

Last edited:
>My entire point on this was you said you considered this person a friend and when they told you they were having a difficult time you tried to take advantage of them,
>The only information that we have in this situation is that someone you said you considered a friend needed help and you tried to take advantage of that situation to get cheaper content.

I had never asked this person about any photos prior to this. They didn't have any photos listed on their accounts. I know some girls who take 5 tokens for photos, and I know some who wouldn't take 100 tokens. Everyone values their work and time differently. This person is from the same country and has less viewers than someone who takes 5 tokens. How do I know?

They did not pass the "difficult time" test for me. If my kid was sick, I'd do anything for money. Period. If my kid wasn't that sick, I'd want more. That's my POV and I think it's understandable.

>From the way you have presented yourself here, If you had acted like you said you acted in these rooms, I would have banned you too.

So from the sounds of things, you would prefer me to lie to you than to be honest...

You really dont seem to get the point im making.... someone you said you consider to be a friend tells you they are having a hard time and photos are x amount, for you to turn around and say that you think they should take less because they need the money is a fucked up way to treat a random person let alone someone that you think is a friend, it's predatory, you are trying to take advantage of someone because they said they need help.

>And I can completely and totally understand why you are being banned by so many models.

Do you think it is reasonable that I was banned 1 hour after becoming a paid member after telling someone that I was busy and would contact them later? I don't think it is reasonable.
I disagree, if you are busy then why are you in the room in the first place? If your not to busy to be in the room (and you can actually respond when she messages you) then I dont think you can claim you are too busy since your already there.

Too busy would be unable to answer the message because you forgot the room was open when you went to do something else, or not able to go online because your too busy to enjoy being there. If you are to busy to interact in the room then you dont really have any business being there anyway.

(About pricing/profit) : it’s not always about pure profit. Some models will price things like vids or pics higher for the reason that they don’t want a high volume of individuals accessing it and would rather sell things that way where the release of content can be monitored more in the case of piracy or whatever other personal reason. Or they’re marketing more into the luxury cam model type of niche. Sex work is a risk. A huge risk to some people and they prefer things priced higher than what is viewed as standard. There are cam models of all price brackets

You really dont seem to get the point im making.... someone you said you consider to be a friend tells you they are having a hard time and photos are x amount, for you to turn around and say that you think they should take less because they need the money is a fucked up way to treat a random person let alone someone that you think is a friend, it's predatory, you are trying to take advantage of someone because they said they need help.

I disagree, if you are busy then why are you in the room in the first place? If your not to busy to be in the room (and you can actually respond when she messages you) then I dont think you can claim you are too busy since your already there.

Too busy would be unable to answer the message because you forgot the room was open when you went to do something else, or not able to go online because your too busy to enjoy being there. If you are to busy to interact in the room then you dont really have any business being there anyway.

I want you to re-read my post, then comment.

>I disagree, if you are busy then why are you in the room in the first place? If your not to busy to be in the room (and you can actually respond when she messages you) then I dont think you can claim you are too busy since your already there.

Things come up. I do not think I should be expected to leave a room because I am busy.

(About pricing/profit) : it’s not always about pure profit. Some models will price things like vids or pics higher for the reason that they don’t want a high volume of individuals accessing it and would rather sell things that way where the release of content can be monitored more in the case of piracy or whatever other personal reason. Or they’re marketing more into the luxury cam model type of niche

See I know a lot about piracy/technology, and that's why a lot of this is so confusing to me.

I know people who have absolutely 0 computer knowledge that know how to use the snipping tool or know how to take a picture with their phone. A video is just ___ pictures a minute, depending on the quality. Just by being on video, you are already taking pictures.

I really think anyone in the webcam biz who is worried about being doxxed is in the completely wrong business since they are essentially public figures. I understand why they don't want to be, but it's a major risk to take.

I want you to re-read my post, then comment.

>I disagree, if you are busy then why are you in the room in the first place? If your not to busy to be in the room (and you can actually respond when she messages you) then I dont think you can claim you are too busy since your already there.

Things come up. I do not think I should be expected to leave a room because I am busy.

But if you were busy you wouldnt have been able to reply.... because, you know, your busy.
I read your post, like a dozen times, and it reads the same way every time.

Also to add—as a cam model it’s a well known peeve by many to used as “background noise” like leaving a tv on. If that’s the case just log out and watch. Sure you don’t have to do it-but I’m just explaining some cam etiquette. I boot not block members who camp out in my room for extended amounts of time who don’t interact with me or say they’re leaving me “on” and off to game or something. It’s just rude and will be taken as so. I’m a real person here to work not be background noise while someone does something else. I like having people in my room actively participating. If I don’t have someone’s full attention it will make me feel like I’m not doing a good enough job.

As for the whole taking pics while doing a video I feel like my stills look nowhere near as good as actual posed photos. Wonky eyes , blurry hands etc We move a lot in videos and I know I don’t have the same editing ability on a video as I do on a picture

No one wants to be doxxed but that risk is their own business and choice. People need $$ to survive and sex work can change lives

Last edited:
But if you were busy you wouldnt have been able to reply.... because, you know, your busy.
I read your post, like a dozen times, and it reads the same way every time.
There's also the enjoyment factor.

If I tip a girl and she's going to get a shock from a lush device, I want to enjoy it. If I'm on the phone or say if I need to mute it because someone else is around, I can't really enjoy tipping her.

This is why I'm so against bans. You just don't know the other person's situation. It's always better to ask and listen before acting.

And don't even get me started on when the girl isn't wearing their lush device but is taking tips...

It’s reasonable to ban for whatever you want. Who cares what you, or I, think? The model banned you so it’s reasonable to her, and that’s what matters. Evidently she didn’t want you there and that’s fine. You’ll probably get banned from lots of rooms; try not to take it personally.

1) you’re in THEIR room. The models call the shots. They can ban you for any reason at any time whenever they want to.
2) who the hell is taking pictures for 5 tokens and sending them. That barely pays for a gumball.
3) your attitude sucks. You watch models for months and it seems like almost every day if not every single day. Your tone drips with distain for models which is crazy considering how much time you seem to spend on them.
4) uh yeah, this is all about fantasy! Do you really think models will have their real name, location, age, personal details for everyone to see? Hell no. A smart one will definitely have an alter ego. We use that persona as a second skin to help keep weirdos away. It’s our protection.
5) please don’t ever visit my room. I would ban you too. You are not better than any cam model.
6) not every cam model needs to use a damn lush. I have so many lovense toys, but I don’t need an interactive toy to earn tokens.
7) you don’t get to call the shots on who is banned. Again, that is our discretion! Act like a decent member and you won’t get banned.

You have to accept a degree of relinquishing control in a models room. You’re in HER space. You may never know the reason you’re banned, why she prices the things she does or like how she runs her room but in the end she’s her own boss and you should respect that. I may not know a members personal life when I ban them and frankly it isn’t my job to give warnings or care really if I don’t want them there. If someone is ruining my vibe or making me feel uncomfortable my comfort in my workplace while I’m doing explicit things greatly outweighs offending someone who gets banned who still can go into the rooms of hundreds of other models. Let go of the control and enjoy rooms for what they are: again they’re entertainment. Relax. Have fun. Judge less. Fap more.

If models were not allowed to ban whoever they wanted for any reason they want to they’re would be a hell of a lot less of us online.

The model I pay money to for pictures daily is 100% worth it, as is the model I pay to dance to requested songs.

Concentrate on this. Two models to visit and tip and enjoy. Then log out and let it all go until the next time. It'll be good, it'll be great.

You don't need all this other stuff. It won't end well.

🔆

1) you’re in THEIR room. The models call the shots. They can ban you for any reason at any time whenever they want to.
2) who the hell is taking pictures for 5 tokens and sending them. That barely pays for a gumball.
3) your attitude sucks. You watch models for months and it seems like almost every day if not every single day. Your tone drips with distain for models which is crazy considering how much time you seem to spend on them.
4) uh yeah, this is all about fantasy! Do you really think models will have their real name, location, age, personal details for everyone to see? Hell no. A smart one will definitely have an alter ego. We use that persona as a second skin to help keep weirdos away. It’s our protection.
5) please don’t ever visit my room. I would ban you too. You are not better than any cam model.
6) not every cam model needs to use a damn lush. I have so many lovense toys, but I don’t need an interactive toy to earn tokens.
7) you don’t get to call the shots on who is banned. Again, that is our discretion! Act like a decent member and you won’t get banned.

>1) you’re in THEIR room. The models call the shots. They can ban you for any reason at any time whenever they want to.

I cannot stop them, I agree, but I can refuse to pay them and can choose to subvert the ban.

>2) who the hell is taking pictures for 5 tokens and sending them. That barely pays for a gumball.

We may not be talking about the same website, and first world money gets you a lot further in third world countries. Some things are better sold at lower prices than higher prices.

Again, it seems as long as you claim to be a model, you can assume, while if you are not a model, it is the worst thing you can do. Please pick one.

>3) your attitude sucks. You watch models for months and it seems like almost every day if not every single day. Your tone drips with distain for models which is crazy considering how much time you seem to spend on them.

I can be real with you because I don't want anything from you or care that much about you. Unless you want me to be fake to you to appease your feelings....

Some models are shits. Some aren't. I think a large amount manipulate people for cash though.

>4) uh yeah, this is all about fantasy! Do you really think models will have their real name, location, age, personal details for everyone to see? Hell no. A smart one will definitely have an alter ego. We use that persona as a second skin to help keep weirdos away. It’s our protection.

The lines can become very blurred. We have people in here marrying and meeting their customers. I believe certain models would not do things like that in any situation.

>5) please don’t ever visit my room. I would ban you too.

Is this a bet?

>6) not every cam model needs to use a damn lush. I have so many lovense toys, but I don’t need an interactive toy to earn tokens.

I agree, but it is so common that I think it should be stated otherwise.

7) you don’t get to call the shots on who is banned. Again, that is our discretion!

Yes I do. I can always make a new account or use a different device.

>Act like a decent member and you won’t get banned.

You have never seen me as a "member", just as I have never seen you as a "model".

Wait...Make a new account/sign in on a new device after someone bans you? Why go out of the way when someone clearly doesn’t want you there? That’s strange. Like why prolong those bad feelings? It’s way easier to just find another model. I always feel creeped out when members do this like someone not handling rejection well.

I recently saw someone I never interacted with on twitter that had me blocked. Do I know why? Nope not at all. Do I think it’s my right to dig into their lives and know why or force my presence on them? Absolutely not. I respect their choice in whatever reason they have. Yes it’s not things I necessarily have to do but it’s common courtesy

>1) you’re in THEIR room. The models call the shots. They can ban you for any reason at any time whenever they want to.

I cannot stop them, I agree, but I can refuse to pay them and can choose to subvert the ban.

>5) please don’t ever visit my room. I would ban you too.

Is this a bet?

Holy fuck you're creepy.

Wait...Make a new account/sign in on a new device after someone bans you? Why go out of the way when someone clearly doesn’t want you there? That’s strange. Like why prolong those bad feelings? It’s way easier to just find another model. I always feel creeped out when members do this like someone not handling rejection well.

I recently saw someone I never interacted with on twitter that had me blocked. Do I know why? Nope not at all. Do I think it’s my right to dig into their lives and know why or force my presence on them? Absolutely not. I respect their choice in whatever reason they have. Yes it’s not things I necessarily have to do but it’s common courtesy

>Wait...Make a new account/sign in on a new device after someone bans you?

I could, though it is generally a turn off and there are other models.

>Why go out of the way when someone clearly doesn’t want you there?
>I always feel creeped out when members do this like someone not handling rejection well.

Let me flip the question - Why should they respect your ban? What are you going to do...ban them?

>I respect their choice in whatever reason they have. Yes it’s not things I necessarily have to do but it’s common courtesy

Hey, it's your call. If you choose to do that, it's up to you.

Last edited:
What was the point in coming to a forum filled with cam models to make a thread about how you didn't feel like you should tip the models you watched for months and then imply that most cam models are scammers and then brag about finally coughing up $15 dollars so you could become a tipper and then brag(?) about your "newfound popularity" and theeeennn bitch about being blocked and how all these models just wanted you for your money aaaaannndddd theeeeeeeennnn continue to basically insult cam models as a whole while also implying that the majority of members aren't grown ass adults that are very much capable of discerning reality from fantasy.

Perhaps I'm totally missing something here, but this whole thread and every subsequent post made by OP just comes off as some elaborate troll attempt to me.

What was the point in coming to a forum filled with cam models to make a thread about how you didn't feel like you should tip the models you watched for months and then imply that most cam models are scammers and then brag about finally coughing up $15 dollars so you could become a tipper and then brag(?) about your "newfound popularity" and theeeennn bitch about being blocked and how all these models just wanted you for your money aaaaannndddd theeeeeeeennnn continue to basically insult cam models as a whole while also implying that the majority of members aren't grown ass adults that are very much capable of discerning reality from fantasy.

Perhaps I'm totally missing something here, but this whole thread and every subsequent post made by OP just comes off as some elaborate troll attempt to me.

>What was the point in coming to a forum filled with cam models to make a thread about how you didn't feel like you should tip the models

I tip a few models all the time. I don't feel I should be held up for ransom tips though.

>then imply that most cam models are scammers

True

>then brag about finally coughing up $15 dollars

Well, it started with $15. That lasted a few days, only.

>then brag(?) about your "newfound popularity"

I think the ridiculous messages I got were sad, funny and annoying. They also should serve as a warning to not jump on paid users like wolves as it is a turn off.

>how all these models just wanted you for your money

Multiple girls here have openly admitted they would ban people who don't tip without a second thought.

>also implying that the majority of members aren't grown ass adults that are very much capable of discerning reality from fantasy.

Even the smartest people in the world have been tricked, sadly.

>just comes off as some elaborate troll attempt to me.

I am very interested in the cam girl industry, so I came here where it seems everyone discusses it.

Feel free to counter my arguments. After all, I'm here to discuss.

---------------

I am going to finish this off with the same question I have asked many people here:

Why is it okay for you to generalize and assume but it is bad when I do it?

Last edited:
>What was the point in coming to a forum filled with cam models to make a thread about how you didn't feel like you should tip the models

I tip a few models all the time. I don't feel I should be held up for ransom tips though.

>then imply that most cam models are scammers

True

>then brag about finally coughing up $15 dollars

Well, it started with $15. That lasted a few days, only.

>then brag(?) about your "newfound popularity"

I think the ridiculous messages I got were sad, funny and annoying. They also should serve as a warning to not jump on paid users like wolves as it is a turn off.

>how all these models just wanted you for your money

Multiple girls here have openly admitted they would ban people who don't tip without a second thought.

>also implying that the majority of members aren't grown ass adults that are very much capable of discerning reality from fantasy.

Even the smartest people in the world have been tricked, sadly.

>just comes off as some elaborate troll attempt to me.

I am very interested in the cam girl industry, so I came here where it seems everyone discusses it.

Definitely a troll.

Nah.

Oh man, I honestly did understand and agree with where you were coming from in some aspects from your original post.
But the more I am reading, the bigger the hole you're digging and making yourself seem like a big cunt (for a lack of a better word).

I am not a rich guy, I have even said that here many times. I have also explained about models banning me for seemingly bad or non-existent reasons (taking too long to reply to them as I am reading their room, seeing what stuff is like etc). The difference is the fact when that does happen, yes it's annoying BUT I move on and don't let it sweat me or bother me because I understand it's up to them, and they get a lot of morons demanding, being rude and all kinds of shit. I have been very lucky to see "behind the scenes" with a couple of different models, who really and truly opened my eyes to how much work and effort and energy it is for them, so when they DO ban me for not responding or not tipping fast enough, as I say, I move on. As someone previously said, just move to another model and don't prolong any agony and emotions by creating a new account and/or stirring up shit with them. They get so much shit as it already is.

We may not be talking about the same website, and first world money gets you a lot further in third world countries. Some things are better sold at lower prices than higher prices.

Oh boy, this really makes you seem like such an ass-clown. Well and truly.
Like I have said, I am like you in terms of money, I don't often have it and on top of that, I will *need* to split it between several models who I absolutely love (in a friend way) and adore to pieces. But I could never begin to think that ANY model is worth so few tokens. You've truly made it sounds like you're one of those who would get a model to lower her 6 tk a min private show from a 10 minute minimum, down to a 0 minute minimum, and then only be in there for 30 seconds, whilst making her be an octopus doing all kinds of stuff for pittance.

Just because your first world money can go further in a third world country, this is not an excuse to be a cheap ass cunt. In fact, this is why you should be more understanding and tip decently if/when you can and not see them as this cheap model who you can get everything for nothing with.

And don't even get me started on when the girl isn't wearing their lush device but is taking tips...
Surely you forgot a few words in this statement. You mean when they’re taking tips FOR LUSH interactivity (like, it’s in their topic that it’s on, or the auto-spam is saying it’s on), but don’t actually have it in/on their body. Right? Because lying about that is a bit shady and I can agree it’s not proper.

But you wouldn’t dare suggest that a model is “a shit” for merely accepting tips in her room and not having a lush going.

Off topic from how this thread has gone-but- as an example- I charge 25-50 dollars for 1 exclusive non explicit (topless only, no full face) fetish photo with a watermark (bondage/femdom/niche fetish). People pay this price, because an exclusive photo is something just for them. It takes me usually an hour from getting ready, taking the picture, edit, watermark etc. I make more than 25 an hour on a private based cam site, so why would I be motivated to take pics.

Every model prices what they do differently, that is the beauty of the cam world. You can totally find someone within your price range for what you want. If someone tries to negotiate my prices, I usually end up blocking. I do not want to deal with time wasters, or people who try to bargain with me like im a yard sale. I also will not do business with people who make me feel uncomfortable or who are too personally invested/or entitled. To some outside of camming, this may seem like bad business, but it is how it works for me.

Perhaps a private based cam site would better suite your tastes? Maybe something like sext panther or niteflirt, where custom photos are more of a thing? Maybe take a breather and figure out what experience you want from the camming world and find a model who is on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.