AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I am a new model... how do i geoblock on MFC??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2018
Hey all I am HavanaHoneyyy,

Im new to camming and just about finished setting everything up on MFC, the only thing i cant find is how to geoblock which is pretty important for me to do before i start broadcasting.
If anyone can help me on that I'd much apreciate! xxx

I would really love any tips or advice on how to have my first successful live cam show :dummy1::shame::shame:

Thanks!!!

https://profiles.myfreecams.com/_/security

*Go into your model admin/profile area.

*Where it says 'Settings' in green text, click on 'Model Settings'.

*Where it says 'Privacy' in green text, select "Keep people from my blocked locations out of my room," and then above that where it says "Prevent users from Blocked Locations from entering my chat room?"...click on the underlined words "Blocked Locations." That's where you'll select the locations you wish to block.

Upvote 0
https://profiles.myfreecams.com/_/security

*Go into your model admin/profile area.

*Where it says 'Settings' in green text, click on 'Model Settings'.

*Where it says 'Privacy' in green text, select "Keep people from my blocked locations out of my room," and then above that where it says "Prevent users from Blocked Locations from entering my chat room?"...click on the underlined words "Blocked Locations." That's where you'll select the locations you wish to block.
Thank you so much that was super helpful! Really appreciate it xxx

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Keep in mind that if you decide to use MFC Share site, that has an independent geo blocking control. So you would need to set it there if you want blocking on your videos / photos and other.

Also of course a reminder that geo blocking is NOT a 100% guarantee. It's not overly difficult to get around it. It's convenient but if security is a concern just know it's not 100% effective.

Upvote 0
Thank you :) Just curious how would someone get around it? I still dont quite understand the meaning of the mfc 'share' site too... what do u do on it?

Upvote 0
Was going to say how you would get around it but maybe your question is better answered in the models only section - its not hard but there are some real idiots out there who dont deserve a clue giving to them.

Upvote 0
Was going to say how you would get around it but maybe your question is better answered in the models only section - its not hard but there are some real idiots out there who dont deserve a clue giving to them.

I completely disagree. It is so easy to fake your location that to not openly discuss it here puts models who are not verified at a disadvantage. Security through obscurity is not security.

I think we must default to giving models the information they need so they can make decisions that might affect their safety and security. It takes a while for a model to reach verification status I believe - no one should have to wait for key information to protect them.

That being said, since this is the model's forum and I'm just a member I won't mention it here though I have in the general forum several times already I'm sure.

Regarding the "Share Site".

MyFreecams is one company with 3 major URL's that I know of. myfreecams.com is for live adult cam rooms and play. camyou.com is for non adult (safe for work) cam rooms. And lastly share.myfreecams.com.

The Share site is MFC's answer to ManyVids. You can upload videos and photos and sell them. Unlike the MFC cam rooms these videos can now include Boy/Girl content. There are many ways to sell your videos, tokens, password, VIP Access, Vouchers and now clubs.

the share site is "weird" as it doesn't have it's own login. you must first login to myfreecams.com and then you can login to the share site. The share site also has independant location blocking which a lot of models miss. Hell I missed that myself a model I assist. She blocked locations on the main site but didn't tell me to block those locations on the share site. Opps!

Upvote 0
I completely disagree. It is so easy to fake your location that to not openly discuss it here puts models who are not verified at a disadvantage. Security through obscurity is not security.

I think we must default to giving models the information they need so they can make decisions that might affect their safety and security. It takes a while for a model to reach verification status I believe - no one should have to wait for key information to protect them.

That being said, since this is the model's forum and I'm just a member I won't mention it here though I have in the general forum several times already I'm sure.

Regarding the "Share Site".

MyFreecams is one company with 3 major URL's that I know of. myfreecams.com is for live adult cam rooms and play. camyou.com is for non adult (safe for work) cam rooms. And lastly share.myfreecams.com.

The Share site is MFC's answer to ManyVids. You can upload videos and photos and sell them. Unlike the MFC cam rooms these videos can now include Boy/Girl content. There are many ways to sell your videos, tokens, password, VIP Access, Vouchers and now clubs.

the share site is "weird" as it doesn't have it's own login. you must first login to myfreecams.com and then you can login to the share site. The share site also has independant location blocking which a lot of models miss. Hell I missed that myself a model I assist. She blocked locations on the main site but didn't tell me to block those locations on the share site. Opps!
thanks so much striker! i really appreciate all the info! doesnt selling ur pics and vids mean u no longer have security of ur content tho? whoever they are sold to will be able to do what they want with it and sell it on..? meaning u definately dont have guarantee it wont be viewed in the location u blocked. :/

Upvote 0
thanks so much striker! i really appreciate all the info! doesnt selling ur pics and vids mean u no longer have security of ur content tho? whoever they are sold to will be able to do what they want with it and sell it on..? meaning u definately dont have guarantee it wont be viewed in the location u blocked. :/
Who are you afraid would find out? Does your vanilla job have a morals clause?

• Wat?!
Reactions: LylacDoll
Upvote 0
Camshows are often recorded and pirated as well. Both by members and bots.

Upvote 0
Okay Guy. I'm gonna be super nice. But you can't ask personal questions like that. I get you are trying to help. But that's invasive and information that isn't important to the OP.
It would been better if you would have said "she might consider that to be a personal question". Saying "That's none your business" and that I'm being invasive sounds like youre implying that I'm being nosey and insensitive. That's not same as me asking a question because I was trying to help and not realizing that she might find it to be a personal question.

Upvote 0
It would been better if you would have said "she might consider that to be a personal question". Saying "That's none your business" and that I'm being invasive sounds like youre implying that I'm being nosey and insensitive. That's not same as me asking a question because I was trying to help and not realizing that she might find it to be a personal question.

Well it isn't any of our business and isn't necessary to the OP. I explained that was an invasive question and you still told me to take a chill pill. Asking questions like that is nosey and insensitive.

I understand your intentions, but it wasn't an appropriate question to ask.

Upvote 0
Who are you afraid would find out? Does your vanilla job have a morals clause?

It doesn't matter. The lady's just asking how to geoblock, it doesn't matter why.

Upvote 0
@Guy

I think what people here are afraid to tell you (because they don't want to hurt your feelings since you're such a nice guy) is that you have this habit of asking models on here endless questions, and not letting up. It makes people uncomfortable when you keep pushing for more info, and asking why, why, why. You need to learn when to back off. And I'm not just referring to your random threads. It's some of your posts in general.

A model on here could answer a question for you, and that's not enough for you. You have this tendency to dig deeper and deeper...with more follow-up questions. You probably would make a pretty good interviewer or something. :p I was kinda like this in elementary school. The school teacher described me as "a very inquisitive young lady," but I'm sure it got on his nerves. I know for a fact it got on my grandmom's nerves. Lol.

Everything that AudriTwo is telling you in this thread is spot-on, yet you keep immaturely giving her the "Take a chill pill" rating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Havana, a model could probably talk better on the subject. I would humbly say that no matter what your content will get into different regions. There are sites that video grab just about every MFC public show I think. So if you are even in public it will be stolen and put on other sites.

I would sat that if you put videos on share you have an option to NOT make then downloadable. Meaning the member has to stream each time but of course it's not that difficult to screen capture any video and then do whatever with it.

As sad as it is, at least my impression, is once you enter this world of camming or clips or whatever, you do lose some control of your content.

Upvote 0
Pretty much. They're not supposed to, but people will buy the videos and post them on other sites. And cap your live shows and post those as well. There's ways to get stuff taken down sometimes but if the video is uploaded to a website outside of the US or is managed by people who just don't care you're kind of out of luck. You have to take the risk that everything can/will end up on other sites.
I was actually listening to an episode of the podcast Sexwork BB (the episode called Making a BIG Debut and Winning with Vera Sky) where Vera mentioned some guy was taking her videos, finding guys who'd like her instagram posts, and selling her videos to them for waaay cheaper than what she sold them for. The only reason she found out is cuz he started messaging one of her regulars.

Upvote 0
I have Aspergers.
So many of us long-term ACFers are trying to be polite when we reply to your posts with "you need to not do this". Because we know you need extra information/telling when you're doing something that is not socially acceptable. And as someone with Aspergers, you need to train yourself to take a moment and evaluate the replies given to you, and see if they're something to learn from.
Not everyone in this world is going to give a pass to be socially inappropriate to someone just because they (claim to) have a social impairment. Be thankful that so many here at ACF are patient with you. Take the the information and learn from it. Before replying with defensive words, think about what people are trying to teach you about your bad interactions.

If you never try to learn from this stuff, you're just as bad as the assholes without autism/aspergers who try to get away with being an asshole. So, don't do that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.