AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I am a new model... how do i geoblock on MFC??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2018
Hey all I am HavanaHoneyyy,

Im new to camming and just about finished setting everything up on MFC, the only thing i cant find is how to geoblock which is pretty important for me to do before i start broadcasting.
If anyone can help me on that I'd much apreciate! xxx

I would really love any tips or advice on how to have my first successful live cam show :dummy1::shame::shame:

Thanks!!!

thank u so much for everyone looking out and being so considerate, it makes me so happy to know we have each others back in this industry :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I managed to block the regions i needed to anyway so i'm definitely at ease with that, I realise its not 100% guaranteed security to my privacy so i am keeping that in mind but its not a major issue for now and I'm still happy to proceed with camming. I have done a few shows within the last week and I'm really enjoying it so far... I definitely have a lot to learn still so Im sorry in advance for my many up coming questions lol :shame:

Upvote 0
Pretty much. They're not supposed to, but people will buy the videos and post them on other sites. And cap your live shows and post those as well. There's ways to get stuff taken down sometimes but if the video is uploaded to a website outside of the US or is managed by people who just don't care you're kind of out of luck. You have to take the risk that everything can/will end up on other sites.
I was actually listening to an episode of the podcast Sexwork BB (the episode called Making a BIG Debut and Winning with Vera Sky) where Vera mentioned some guy was taking her videos, finding guys who'd like her instagram posts, and selling her videos to them for waaay cheaper than what she sold them for. The only reason she found out is cuz he started messaging one of her regulars.
that sounds interesting... is that a true story that happened? I might look it up :)

Upvote 0
that sounds interesting... is that a true story that happened? I might look it up :)
As far as I know it did. It's a good podcast to listen to, they interview a lot of people.

Reactions: HavanaHoneyy
Upvote 0
thank u so much for everyone looking out and being so considerate, it makes me so happy to know we have each others back in this industry :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I managed to block the regions i needed to anyway so i'm definitely at ease with that, I realise its not 100% guaranteed security to my privacy so i am keeping that in mind but its not a major issue for now and I'm still happy to proceed with camming. I have done a few shows within the last week and I'm really enjoying it so far... I definitely have a lot to learn still so Im sorry in advance for my many up coming questions lol :shame:
Just noticed, after blocking a specific country, i did get a few members located in that country... i guess that shows that it definitely is not guaranteed... wtf?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Just noticed, after blocking a specific country, i did get a few members located in that country... i guess that shows that it definitely is not guaranteed... wtf?

Yup. Just like I have it in my Chaturbate settings to not have other broadcasters in my room while I'm broadcasting, and someone just came in announcing to me that he/she is also broadcasting on CB. *eye roll* Lol. These things definitely aren't 100%, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

Did they tell you they were in blocked countries? or could you see that somehow?

Absolutely positively not guaranteed and at least two simple ways to get around it....

Upvote 0
Yup. Just like I have it in my Chaturbate settings to not have other broadcasters in my room while I'm broadcasting, and someone just came in announcing to me that he/she is also broadcasting on CB. *eye roll* Lol. These things definitely aren't 100%, unfortunately.
Did they tell you they were in blocked countries? or could you see that somehow?

Absolutely positively not guaranteed and at least two simple ways to get around it....
they just mentioned where they are from... maybe its the case that they were not in that region they said... but not very likely i think o_O

Upvote 0
they just mentioned where they are from... maybe its the case that they were not in that region they said... but not very likely i think o_O
Guys on MFC circumvent geoblocking all the time without even realizing it.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0

Yeah like I said... it's pretty easy to get around and as Guy said in some cases guys might not even realize they not reporting their correct location. Geoblocking should be considered a fence around your yard. It will keep some people out but very easy go climb over...

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
what the hell?? that is very misleading... why give u the option to block people/places when they don't actually block them... thats ridiculous... but good to know at least :grr:

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.