AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I ask how are you & they leave

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience Bandog. I have seen some models just ban guys who start conversations with "I have no tokens..." so even though she came across as a tad rude, maybe there was still a silver lining in there somewhere. Also, it's easy to forget that even when the main chat seems to have dried up, with nothing but tumbleweed and crickets goin' on, the model may be in PM chat with other members in the background... or even on another site altogether!

From my perspective I like to look at the conversation thing this way. Visualise the time the model can give to everyone in the room in the form of a cake. If I get some attention and a conversation gets started then I am receiving a slice of that cake and I think it's only fair to tip for that slice of time and attention... so I do. Its just my personal approach. I also hate to arrive in a room tokenless... I know from past experience, that this can irk many girls, so I always load up with some tokens prior to logging in, as I've found that greeting a model with a cheery "hi" and a tip, is a good icebreaker.

:)

Wow, I wish ALL (or most) of the guys were as smart & kind as you LOL - Hugs :)

You get that our time is precious & it doesn't matter if we don't appear to be talking within the room, you never know who I'm talking to outside the room

Not to mention how many times a guy thinks that me talking to him should be free.

In the main chat area of CB yes, I'll talk no problem AND I talk to greys as I love some of my greys. And girls remember that light blues are often greys with one token in their till.

This is assuming I'm not talking privately to someone else which takes precedence. But as I mentioned before, sometimes when I have started talking to someone, other guys leave as they don't want to hear conversations that have any substance to them.

In SM I generally won't, b/c I figure why is he in there if he doesn't want a pvt? I'll talk for a few minutes sure, but it's different in there b/c of the fact that guys can't see what other guys are saying which I do NOT like. It makes it seem very impersonal & if I talk to one guy, usually the other guys leave. They don't even understand there are others in the room & they get confused & leave.

Most times they have the money (in SM) & are looking for a pvt, but then there's ones who play games & are trying to get freebies.

I've even had to give ultimatums to guys after they've come into my room 3 different times (different dates) & they still haven't taken me pvt.

If you want to talk to me, take me pvt, we can talk all night :)

I had a pretty bad experience today after saying Hi to a model. I went into her room as she looked like Pink the singer (who is one of the hottest women on the planet) and no one was talking. She said hi and we started chatting. Within 2 minutes she asked me to tip her, I explained that I had no tokens to which I was told I was useless and wasting her time. Now, seeing as there were 3 prem's in her room and no one was chatting, I would have thought a little conversation and giving me a chance to know her would have been a good idea.

Sorry to hear that.

If you told her upfront, she shouldn't have acted this way.

Just one thing to remember though is that it's not an easy job being a webcam model unless you make tons of money & have tons of regulars all the time. Most guys don't understand how hard the work is actually. I for example can sometimes walk away making less than min. wage for the amount of hours I spend on cam & actually making money.

I often say I'm shocked that many guys (males) do better than I do when webcamming, as gay or bi guys tend to treat them with more respect or the guy camming understands the "get right down to business" mentality of the other guys.

I'm not saying she's right in beating you up if you weren't talking sexual to her or asking for freebies, but please consider how many freeloaders are out there & how many she may have encountered during her shift.

I heard that in the UK (probably here too), most webcam models don't last very long. They just can't handle the BS.

Just curious which site this was on.

I hope you are feeling better now :)

Well, I certainly understand your frustration. There's this little saying I like to tell the guys and myself from time to time, whether it's because one guy is carrying the whole countdown and getting upset, or because I myself am worried I'm not going to be able to care for myself if things to pick up.

As much as I which basics were premiums and guest would at least sign up for the sign, everyone serves there purpose. That guest may one day think, "wow this is neat" and become you're number one premium. Those basics, while of course I wish they would just spend a measly $20 just to have the ability to contribute to conversation, they are still helping you out by adding to your popularity count, thus increasing your expose to the true gentlemen, the dream guys all cam girls fantasize about.

At least when I think of it this way, it helps me to feel more valued and push through those tough hours where I make less than minimum wage. Sometimes, I'm amazed at the loved I'm suddenly shown, and other times I leave feeling like maybe it's me, maybe it's something I did wrong. YOU CAN NEVER LET YOURSELF THINK LIKE THAT, like you said energy attracts energy, and that goes for negativity too.

Be confident in yourself. Don't let one bad day define you and the good days will come and they will leave you smiling for a long time!

Oh I don't let one bad day ruin me, it's if it's one bad week LOL

By the way, on some sites guys REFUSE to pay for girls. They consider us whores & it's against their policy, or they ask me, "are you here for fun or to make money?" & I reply, "Both" b/c it's TRUE.

But many of them don't see it that way. Again, depends on the site.

Just so you know :)

Thank you & sorry for the delay. I've been having technical difficulties & am about to post another thread to see if anyone can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.