AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I can't do make up at all!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2016
How do I begin learning to apply make-up? I typically wear foundation, mascara, and eyebrow powder. But I can't find a foundation to match my skin. Would it be beneficial to go into an ulta or something to find matching make-up? The two things I have a really hard time with is lipstick (finding a shade, application) and foundation (finding a shade, and application) If anyone knows a make-up blogger that could help that would be perfect. Just looking for a place to start! Thanks!

not sure if you have Sephora in your area but they helped me match foundation shades to my skin. For lipstick sometimes having bright or dark colours looks "wrong" to me at first because I'm not used to it, but then I wind up loving the colour. I google swatches of colours before I buy them so you can see how they look on different people.

I love the makeup youtuber NikkieTutorials but most makeup bloggers wear a TON of products and do complicated things with them, so it can be overwhelming. But I find just practicing helps, with lipstick application or eyeliner or any of those. I'm not great at it but I've gotten sufficient from just practicing.

Also having the right tools like brushes can be helpful too. That's something a makeup salesperson could help with.

Youtube. If the person has more than 1mill subs, they probably know what they're talking about.

I can suggest a few, but I'm not sure if they cover all what you're looking for. I like ThatsHeart, CiaooBellaxo and Morgan Joyce for cruelty free stuff.

Other than that just search far and wide all over youtube.

Youtube. If the person has more than 1mill subs, they probably know what they're talking about.

def! youtube is a great place, pinterest has good tips also :) i try not to order foundation/concealer online unless i know DEFINITELY the shade i am, things like that should be ordered in person. sephora professionals always know what they are talking about :) if you're starting out though, i always say to invest the most money in foundation, or anything that covers the majority of your face, since it will prevent breakouts in the future. cheap foundation i find always if very heavy and clogs my pores.

• Helpful!
Reactions: LenaSexton
With make up less is always more (unless you are on cam in which case more is more and might need another coat) But if you can get away with not wearing foundation do it! Bad foundations will clog your pores and give you bad skin and this will only be made worse if you don't take off all your make-up before bed religiously and then you will then need more foundation to cover your shitty complexion :(

Plus people not wearing foundation look younger!

All I ever wear when I am not on cam is sunscreen, benetint on lips+cheeks, and mascara. Sometimes I will throw in lipliner and eyebrows if I am feeling creative. Once every blue moon I will wear a BB cream (I swear by Burberry's Fresh Glow BB Cream) if I haven't gotten much sunlight and my skin is too pale.

sephora professionals always know what they are talking about :) if you're starting out though, i always say to invest the most money in foundation, or anything that covers the majority of your face, since it will prevent breakouts in the future. cheap foundation i find always if very heavy and clogs my pores.
Not to toot my own horn, but as a professional ( :call: ) I will say these statements are lieeeeesssss :devil:

YouTube: all wrong. I've seen more tip accuracy in people who had barely any subscribers and horrible advice from people with millions.
Sephora: I've literally stood in Sephora and helped people get the correct products after being told bullshit from employees.

And on the high end vs cheap subject: high end does not mean good or good for you. I've tried dozens of high end foundations and years later I still stick to the same drugstore one because it actually works.

With foundation, I always say go lighter than you think because 9/10 it will oxidize, but you can also warm your face up with bronzer/contour.

As for lipstick, colors will look different in a tube and swatched vs on your actual lips, so buy a few cheap ones to test out and see what you like. Wet n wild & nyx would be good options for that.

I used to freelance as a makeup artist, but I took a hiatus when I started school. Lookup the makeup artists in your area. Many of them offer 1-on-1 lessons on makeup application for a price.
I would also advise for going to a MAC or Make Up For Ever store or counter if there's one in your area. They often have tutorial workshops and believe in customer education.
As far as YouTube goes Makeup Geek is AWESOME!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Start with the basics and work your way up...there is lots of online content on almost every look imaginable. Beyond that there are some amazing books, some even have parts on looking great on camera... cam makeup is a bit different.

My suggestion is to start on foundation, learning something about natural light and what looks healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.