AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I made 1 token in an hour

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paitynr0se

Inactive Cam Model
May 26, 2016
Twitter Username
@paityn_rose
Tumblr Username
paitynrose
Chaturbate Username
paitynr0se
lol so things didn't go as planned....
I've been studying these forums for a while now and I feel like I've read every single tip there is for new cam models. My background was cute, with fairy lights, emoji pillows, and a giant teddy bear; My makeup was done, I played music, sang along and danced, and I actually was having fun, despite the fact that there were 10 people at the very most in my room. I smiled, I talked alot (mostly to myself), I laughed... and I made one token. There were only two guys who even talked to me; one who tipped me that 1 token for a private (lol), and the other asking what my bra and panties looked like, trying to make me show it to him for free... :facepalm:
I was on for an hour basically just talking to myself before I decided to call it a day and log off.
Was it just a bad day? I'm planning to cam again tomorrow but do you guys have any advice? I really would love to access the model only section for more tips but it's still not available to me. I still have hope that I can make this whole cam girl thing work! :shame:

What site was this on?

What time of the day?

Some days are just bad. And right off the bat I can tell you that 1 hour is not enough time. Building up your room's viewers takes some time. Next time try to relax so you can stay for 4+ hours and it is likely that you will see a difference.

Agreed ^^. There are days when I can be on for 2hrs with barely anything the all of a sudden guys start tipping. Not sure what site you are on, but I would say that an hour is no where near enough time to allow guys to find you and get into the swing of things.

I've been studying these forums for a while now and I feel like I've read every single tip there is for new cam models. My background was cute, with fairy lights, emoji pillows, and a giant teddy bear; My makeup was done, I played music, sang along and danced, and I actually was having fun, despite the fact that there were 10 people at the very most in my room. I smiled, I talked alot (mostly to myself), I laughed... and I made one token. There were only two guys who even talked to me; one who tipped me that 1 token for a private (lol), and the other asking what my bra and panties looked like, trying to make me show it to him for free... :facepalm:
I was on for an hour basically just talking to myself before I decided to call it a day and log off.
Was it just a bad day? I'm planning to cam again tomorrow but do you guys have any advice? I really would love to access the model only section for more tips but it's still not available to me. I still have hope that I can make this whole cam girl thing work! :shame:
Heads up, sh.. Days happen. Was online yesterday at CB first hour 1 tk few viewers. Decided to just relax and enjoy teasing them a bit. My mod came online we talked and i forgot about tkn and suddenly numbers increased went up to 40 people than 60. some tips came in, first goal reached did some stuff got my viewing moved more up quickly over 100 to many requests to handle them. Some people requested private. Accepted from someone "more" to go private, nice then ... Whatever, u know what they want. The baseline: do not focus to much on the tkn. I do not care about background and music much, do not sing. I am trying to connect with my people. Most important you need to be comfortable with your show and build up confidence. It is ok not to react to every stupid request! You are the boss in your room :) hope it helped a bit. Do not get frustrated it needs some time.

While I agree with the other girls who've posted, I really feel flabbergasted. I don't want to sound harsh, but this is going to come off as harsh... From what you posted, to me it sounds like you assume that if you have the stereotypical camgirl starter pack (fairy lights and emoji pillows? fucking please. I bet have a tapestry too!) that you're going to make a decent living working in this industry. The market is saturated. You have to STAND OUT and BE DIFFERENT to succeed. You can't just follow someone else's business model and expect to make money. Profile backgrounds and the cutesy little shit doesn't matter AT ALL when you get started, or ever really. Those little aesthetics should not be the things you are concerned about on your very first day.

If this was MFC, I feel your pain. I've been switching back and forth between Chaturbate and MFC, and so far I've found Chaturbate is MUCH better for a beginner to start on. MFC has been nothing but freeloaders for me, and as a newbie that's very discouraging and hard to stay logged on for more than 2 hours. Chaturbate is just much more user friendly (the apps, the bots, the guys in general) and makes more sense for me to spend my time on.

I'm just starting out camming too, and I spend at least an hour a day perusing these forums and reading advice, and STILL can't get into the swing of things on MFC because despite the hundreds of times it's been said on here, I ignored the advice that said "MFC is not a site for beginners." I disregarded it because that caveat is always followed by, "but it's the best site for making money out there". That temptation is hard to resist, especially when you can internally justify it to yourself in any number of ways. Anyways, I'm rambling because I don't want to get up and be productive. As a fellow newvie, I suggest you stick with Chaturbate. If that's the site you're using, stick it out for more than an hour and think about what exactly you're offering to viewers that they can't see in 1000+ other rooms.

As a fellow newvie, I suggest you stick with Chaturbate.

As somebody who started on MFC and quit after a month, I agree. I'm now on CB and it caters to me 100% better. I also just generally loathed how MFC was run. It felt like a competition, whereas CB is like MFC's stoner brother; everything is laid back... and you can actually get people in your room without some ugly number hanging over your head!

If this is about MFC...in the past I had mixed feelings about the whole 'logging off early after one hour is no one is tipping' thing. On one hand, you worry about hurting your cam score by staying on for "too long" without tokens, and want to log off early. On the other hand, many times on MFC that first hour is THE WORST. Awkward silences...lurkers not chatting...no one tipping. And when you're asking yourself if this was a mistake, you start getting tips and decent conversation. Last night I broadcasted on MFC for the first time in five months (figured I'd get on there every once in a while), and the first hour I thought "OMG, why did I even bother?" But then cool people who I remember from before came in and chatted and tipped, and I stayed on 'til 2:30 AM like I told myself I wanted to do (I think I was on for about 2 hours 45 minutes).

So I've decided that when I get on there, I will stay on for 3 hours no matter what (unless the tech issues on there become unbearable), because if I log off after one hour I won't make shit.

Also, you may not want to quit a cam site just after the first day. Try to keep at it at least until the end of this pay period (June 15th is the last day of this pay period), and maybe try the pay period after this one...and see if you've gotten a little more comfortable with the site. Right now it's still very new to you.

I completely agree with what was said above that staying on for just an hour isn't enough. It's a mistake made by so many new/-ish models. They get online irregularly, without any schedule or predictability, and if there isn't much activity after an hour (or even a half hour), they get bored or discouraged and log off. The problem with this approach is that it's just about impossible to build up a set of regulars. If you stay on for such a short period, the only people visiting your room will be random members who happen to be online at the time, and are probably randomly room hopping and not intending to do a lot of tipping. The next day, there will be a different set of members checking you out. There have been a few models I've really wanted to check out and maybe spend more time with, but by the time I saw the notification email in my in box an hour later, they had already signed off. With one such model, it took about a dozen times before I was actually able to catch her online. There's no way you can build a group of tipping regulars doing that.

While I agree with the other girls who've posted, I really feel flabbergasted. I don't want to sound harsh, but this is going to come off as harsh... From what you posted, to me it sounds like you assume that if you have the stereotypical camgirl starter pack (fairy lights and emoji pillows? fucking please. I bet have a tapestry too!) that you're going to make a decent living working in this industry. The market is saturated. You have to STAND OUT and BE DIFFERENT to succeed. You can't just follow someone else's business model and expect to make money. Profile backgrounds and the cutesy little shit doesn't matter AT ALL when you get started, or ever really. Those little aesthetics should not be the things you are concerned about on your very first day.

I don't disagree, and it's probably best new models learn all this sooner than later, but at the same time, this is stuff that I wouldn't expect a cam girl (or anyone) to know on their first day. Nobody is gonna be a fully-formed cam girl with their cam persona completely figured out and a niche carved out for themselves the first time they hit the broadcast button, so seeing what has worked for other girls and using that as a starting point doesn't seem unreasonable to me, and it at least suggests they've gone in to this having done some research and put some time and effort in to their camming space/profile.

I would suggest opening up to more payment options like bitcoin, venmo, etc.

Working on a site being new is almost impossible when the other MFC/CB chicks are paying agents to run their pages and stuff.

I'm sure everyone will disagree with me because this is ACF who is in bed with MFC/CB and think taking additional payment methods is evil or will somehow ruin your life.

However it's your business and I think paying too much attention on here and not your show is the reason you bombed.

Working on a site being new is almost impossible when the other MFC/CB chicks are paying agents to run their pages and stuff.

I'm sure everyone will disagree with me because this is ACF who is in bed with MFC/CB and think taking additional payment methods is evil or will somehow ruin your life.

However it's your business and I think paying too much attention on here and not your show is the reason you bombed.

Cool story bro, tell me more about how I should run my camroom. I should scold that pesky agent of mine for not telling me about the wonders of bitcoin

I agree with EVERYTHING @Tilly said so freaking much.
To add....
Camming isn't for everyone.
It isn't easy dollars.
If you've done your research as you have said you would know that no money days happen. Most gals don't log in their first day and make bank. Building a following takes time.

You could have the cutest face and personality and the coolest space, but that isn't going to guarantee you dollars. This is a business.

Ehm so i'm in no position to give advice, I only just started and my camscore on mfc is poor but honestly the thing I realized from the get go is that you need to just put a shit ton of time off and on cam. I in no way look like some of the ladies on here but I know I got to keep getting better, I have been working out eating right, i'm constantly thinking of new ideas to entertain and pass time - create a conversation. I think about it pretty much 24/7. I'm pushing boundries - testing things I didn't even know i needed to know about because that is what it is all about, you have no idea what is going to come up in conversation. i feel a little bit like you need to immerse yourself completely in this world - dedication & time and all that crap. I got my first paycheck last week - I got myself a new camera with it and I'm telling you, all I made was the price of the cam and not much more. i set my goals low - like low. And hope that next month I can set them a little higher and I think to in 12 months time what they may be at and that is what I aim for. I know google tells you this is like a short term quick money thing and it probably was.... in the beginning.

I'm not being cheeky by the way so dont think I am - xD

I agree with everyone, 1 hour definitely isn't enough. Definitely stay on more and stick with it. I probably stay on too long :giggle: Also:

I couldn't find a relevant starter pack on google. Sorry, I could not resist (please nobody hurt me :bag:

cgstarter.png

I didn't prepare anything in my 1st broadcast, my room wasn't decorated at all, I was just fingering myself in hidden show and got quite huge tips (for a 1st day). Maybe I was lucky or It's because of the fact that I'm Asian (There are not lots of asian's cams)

It is endearing when a new girl is fresh as a daisy and has no clue of what she is doing. Makes her vulnerable, relatable, and exciting to discover with her. So yeah, camming is one of those things where coming unprepared might be the best approach.

What exactly is accepting other payment methods helping her while she is struggling with the basics? She is doing the right thing: listen to what the more experienced in here have to say and work on her show/stile ... Listen, read, train ... Like said by the pro-girls above!

Sometimes it can be a detriment if you look too professional when you're new. It can make it look like you're generic_camgirl_9999 or a studio model. You'll want to do something to stand out and reflect your personality.

Think about the singers you see on the singing contests on TV. Many people are excellent singers, but if they look and sound like all the others, they get lost in the mix and you lose interest. There needs to be something unique about them which grabs your attention and keeps it.

Consider that when you're starting out. Just like the singers, there has to be something unique to you that people are interested in. But also remember that there's not always a clear path to success.

Reactions: Tilly and Mila_
Me and my twin call it the POP OFF. Things don't pop off usually for me until about 1 hour in. That hour I usually will build and lure em in lol and then once their in my web, oh then it's poppin lol. Just get on as if you just KNOW it's gonna pop off and if you spend about 4 hours, it usually will happen at one point in the shift.

It sounds like you are giving way too much away for free.

If someone wants to see your panties, make them tip something. No free passes. No previews. None of that. There are ALWAYS a ton of members out there who know to target new models for free stuff because they know they're naive about it. Heck, I've been a model for two years and the requests for free stuff are unending.

On MFC, it took me a few weeks to finally make a tip menu. Even something small like panty flashes for me were 30 tokens. That's like $1.50, but those small amounts can really add up to be a lot! If someone isn't even willing to contribute something as small as a $1.50, they don't deserve anything from you.

It takes time to learn the fine line between giving away stuff at the right times versus the wrong times. Example, say a member tips a bunch of times for flashes, eventually says good night. A free flash or whatever is totally fine. But a free flash for someone who just *might* take you private? Nuh uh. If they want a preview they can tip for a flash. If someone wants to see what outfits or toys you have, make them tip. You'll get the hang of it eventually if you stick with it. Being assertive is one of the most important things you'll ever learn as a camgirl.

I like my hitachi, tapestry, and cute pillows lol. But I had those before hand sooooo.

It does take a while to create your style. It doesn;t happen overnight. Try different times to cam, different shows and see what works for you! If you really want to be a camgirl, work hard and things will look up :)

Reactions: bobbicruz
Sounds like you just had a slow day. You will have good days and bad ones. And i disagree with not showing or doing anything for free somewhat. To attract customers in your room you will have to show more to get them in there.. tease and show your best feature naked.. if you are on naked and giving a good show and you still dont get tipped then its just gona be a slow day for you... You can have a topic to see more like oil rub, bj tease, spanks, dance, close up tease or much more anything your comfortable doing. There are plenty of things you can do even when your already naked. If you do start getting tips then you can start changing your topic and say something like tip to keep my panties off and so on. Going on and expecting tips with clothes on is not going to work unless you have regulars who spoil you. Its a very competitive business. If the girl next to you is naked and your not customers will probably be more likely to stay in their room and not yours. You may have to reverse your strategy when you first go on and test it. Obviously if you already have a sold fan base and regular customers you should show less a lot more and give initiative to tip by not giving it for free to the rest of the viewers who dont tip makes the tippers feel more special your making it more personal that way...but your strategy will change the more successful you become so like I said you should try going on cam showing more and tease and see how it gos.

Sounds like you just had a slow day.Sounds like your trying.. I will point out that men are not in your room to see your background if you know what I mean..keep it simple sold clean background.. where the focus is on you. You will have good days and bad ones. And i disagree with not showing or doing anything for free somewhat. To attract customers in your room you will have to show more to get them in there.. tease and show your best feature naked.. if you are on naked and giving a good show and you still dont get tipped then its just gona be a slow day for you... You can have a topic to see more like oil rub, bj tease, spanks, dance, close up tease or much more anything your comfortable doing. There are plenty of things you can do even when your already naked. If you do start getting tips then you can start changing your topic and say something like tip to keep my panties off and so on. Going on and expecting tips with clothes on is not going to work unless you have regulars who spoil you. Its a very competitive business. If the girl next to you is naked and your not customers will probably be more likely to stay in their room and not yours. You may have to reverse your strategy when you first go on and test it. Obviously if you already have a sold fan base and regular customers you should show less a lot more and give initiative to tip by not giving it for free to the rest of the viewers who dont tip makes the tippers feel more special your making it more personal that way...but your strategy will change the more successful you become so like I said you should try going on cam showing more and tease and see how it gos.

Also common sense tells you if your on for an hour or 2 and its dead then its not the right time to be on. A girl said she went on for 2 hours and it was slow then all sudden started getting tipped.. if that happens write it down..the time. keep a log.. that time she got tipped might be a busier time to go on and not the 2 hours earlier. Keeping track of the times and dates you make money works. dont go back on another day at the same time if it is consistently slow at that time every day its just not the right time. There is always a window of good times but it fades in and out. hope this helps

I didn't prepare anything in my 1st broadcast, my room wasn't decorated at all, I was just fingering myself in hidden show and got quite huge tips (for a 1st day). Maybe I was lucky or It's because of the fact that I'm Asian (There are not lots of asian's cams)
Just because its your first day doesnt mean you picked the right time to go on. I happen to go on a lucky day...a lot of girls are saying to keep camming even if its dead. Why waste your time. Do something else to help your start. Fix up your profile get things up for sale stuff like that. Log off try something different have CONFIDENCE and go back on in 30 mins. if its still slow try a diff time completely if your going on in the morning try night, vice versa. Everything sets a pattern in three days... figure out the right time for you and stick with it. I wanted to give you this advice because camming is really complex and can be really mentally draining trying to figure out how to make it work for you. These are things that will help you if you decide to give it a fair try.

I had a slow night tonight. But I dont do full nude, basically just stripping. However I'm new, but no longer have new model status, and even at strip clubs I didnt did well Friday or Saturday nights. My shifts were day shifts with older gentlemen and I just hit it off better with them. However I changed my lipstick from red to black and it kinda picked up haha. The goth look worked well for me at the clubs, too. I just tried camming tonight cause I would have just watched Hulu shows.

While I love those damn lights, I just have a shelving unit in the background and a sugar glider cage.

I've been debating looking into other sites, but scared since I'm not full nude it wouldn't work as well. Off to bed though. Thank goodness.

Wish you the best of luck next time you log in!

P.S. Sevrin, love the firefly gif.

This is driving me crazy... I know I need patience but today it was... just too SLOW, it did made me upset. I am sorry you just got one token... I got like 15 today -_- and like in streamate no private.... AH.... kinda .... XD I just... IDK.... Very frustrating.

My first night was great, my cam score back then was like 500 sometimes, and I actually made 150 usd.
-_- .... that day in stream mate I made another 40, it was ok...

I did change my strategy thou... got an HD, put music on, great chat, no freebies... UNTIL i got impatient and just went topless, but just that... but still... I hope next time I do better.

Haha I just wanna cry and stab my fans, with love of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.