AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I need A veteran models help :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige_Taylor

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 17, 2014
florida
profiles.myfreecams.com
:( Well, I'm having a tough time being a new model on MFC. I love it there, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I know everyone wants to be a top model. Why wouldn't we? I really care about my job. I want to be the best at it that I can be. I strive for perfection in everything I do. And maybe I'll never be in the top ten on this site but I want to know I did/am doing my best! I'd like advice from models that have been doing this for a long time. I'm only two weeks in on MFC and I've only been a cam model for a few months. How do I create the perfect room? Perfect atmosphere? What should or shouldn't I be doing. How will I be able to get customers in , keep them in and keep them coming back? I can take constructive criticism so lay it on me ladies! I will appreciate any advice or pointers anyone model can give me. For the record I love this site. I'm enjoying working here I just want to maximize my potential.Thanks ladies:h:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20140927_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20140927_1.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,085
Reactions: richard_f_lipps_III
The best pointer? Read this forum, top to bottom. Start in the "Start Here" thread, and settle down with a Rockstar and an empty afternoon. There's more knowledge in these threads than any one model could ever give you, and a lot of us are busy taking care of our own rooms. ;) Part of being a successful camgirl is being innovative, creative, and figuring out what works for you, not what might work for another girl. It's time to take a hard look at the "self" part of "self-employed," as there's no secret formula to make any one girl successful.

Not trying to come across harshly, it's just that a big part of camming is being self-sufficient. ACF is like a giant buffet of knowledge, but you gotta load your plate yourself. :)

ouch... maybe its just me, but asking for help and then firing back a snotty rebuttal when someone does answer is..... well,.... pretty snotty. might wanna read that old book.. "how to win friends and influence people." ACF is a pretty helpful community if you give it a chance. :thumbleft:

Paige_Taylor said:
I killed it on My last site so I know what works for me. Every site is different though. Hence why I was asking about MFC. You could have left it at read the forum, there's great knowledge in all the posts, you're welcome

You said you were open to constructive criticism but you've kind of snapped at the first reply to you! It was incredibly nice of Charlotte to reply to you at all, especially considering how many posts we get all of the time that are identical to the one that you wrote. If you are really interested in bettering yourself and learning then you should absolutely put in the time and effort. It wouldn't take much work to see that we get asked this a lot and that the reply is generally that what works for one model might not work for another and that you should watch other models (as a guest or unobtrusive premium) and try to gain inspiration and knowledge from them. Brainstorm! Make a plan! Try things out!

We have lots of threads with ideas for shows, games to play, countdowns, troubleshooting for newbies, constructive criticism, how to attract members to your room, how to run raffles, how to sell panties, how to accept gifts and on and on and on. There are so many things already on the forum and if you take the time to look you'll learn a lot and find that your questions have already been answered many times.

As for the bolded part, you must NOT know what works for you if you've posted this, there's nothing wrong with that though! What would make you leave a site that you were doing so well on?

There is no magic formula to success and there is no secret to making MFC work well for you, especially not one that would apply to every model. There is certainly no "perfect" anything, though we all wish it were that easy. Your best bet is to follow Charlotte's very awesome advice and read as much as you can! The search button at the top is amazing!

Good luck to you!

Honey if we knew what was perfect, we wouldn't give away a secret this easy.

One of the tricks of success is never sharing the whole plan, just the dots. That being said, read the forum, try to connect the dots and then go for whatever waits for you.

Hint: being nice is part of it. Also, feet on the ground, careful at your ego.

Pro tip: When you make a post asking for a veteran model's help, and several veteran models reply to you with advice, don't jump down their throats. :woops:

You have to understand that we get at least a dozen new threads like this a week from newbie models who work on different sites, Paige (though most commonly MFC.) And every time, one of us steps up and answers with something informative, encouraging, and generally directing them to read the forum and learn all they can. Sometimes we even link them to existing threads, if they post about needing to know about a specific topic. Having that helpful info shot down in a rather ungrateful manner with a sour tone is not only disrespectful to Charlotte, but also to all the other models who would have told you the exact same thing if we'd been the first one to see your post.

Knowing what works for you on ONE camsite has nothing to do with your success on another. And since you've only been a camgirl for a few months on *any* site, but have just moved to MFC in hopes of making more money... it seems like you weren't very successful on your other site either (whatever that was.) Speaking as an MFC veteran who now works exclusively on SM, different camsites can be like night and day. My usual show on MFC wouldn't garner any interest at all on SM, and vice versa, the member base is different, the site functions are different, pretty much EVERYTHING is different. And yet I've been 'successful' on both, just in different ways.

MFC also takes a fair bit of luck (attracting large tippers) to succeed; there are thousands of pretty girls just like you on there, but only a few are at the top. Why? Mainly luck, but also putting in ridiculous hours both on- and off-cam (I used to pull 80+ at the height of my MFC career,) researching all the time, being highly innovative, not taking their earnings/fans for granted, and never thinking that there's some sort of 'formula for success' that they can just plug themselves into and make bank.

To sum up: Don't bite the helpful hand that's trying to feed you information (especially when you're the one that asked for it!), and there is no 'plug and play' formula for success on MFC. If you think there is, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I'm not a veteran model (or am I?*) but in addition to what everyone else said, it probably never helps to worry too much about what the top models are doing or how their rooms are run or how much their members tip. At least not yet. I see so many models beat themselves up because they log on and work just as hard as the top models but make 1/10 the money and then get angry and depressed and confused, and it's never much fun to watch. But when your camscore is in the 2-3000 range, two hours of working your ass off is almost always going to result in less tokens than a model with a 15,000 camscore putting in the same effort and same hours.

I could be wrong, but I suspect you'd be much better off looking at what other models around your own camscore are doing. What works for them? What doesn't? How hard and how long do they have to work to maintain their camscore? What are they doing that you're not? What could you be doing to leapfrog them? Obviously don't steal their ideas, but take it all on board when deciding what games you run, what content you sell, when and how (if at all) you offer privates/groups, what (if anything) you can do to refine your camming persona, how you can promote yourself (social media, non-camming ventures, etc.).

And then if and when your camscore eclipses that of the models around you, see what the models with a slightly higher camscore are doing. Do they take privates as often? Groups? Can they command an up-front fee for privates? Does their higher camscore mean higher countdowns? More shows? Less shows? Does their content cost more? What are they having to do to maintain their camscore? What could they be doing to raise their camscore? Could you do that? And so on and so forth.

All that said, there's an element of luck involved as well. You might do all of the above but not get lucky with regards to the right regulars finding your room at the right time. And obviously what works for one model, won't work for every model. It's never enough to just steal an idea, you always need to be tailoring things to your own camming persona and making sure things mesh with the vibe of the room you want to run and by extension, the members you want to attract :twocents-02cents:

*No. No, I'm not.

That chick said nothing at all that was helpful. All she did was say, why would we help you out? You don't have A clue what you're doing. I was looking for real help. People asking what I am doing Or maybe even what I think I might be doing wrong. I wanted a real conversation. Not someone acting like they're god of cam modeling with a bitchy attitude. I'm never a bitch. I'm good to everyone and that's how I've maid tens of thousands in the last four months. This site (MFC) is just sooooo different from my other site. Sometimes its nice to have a real conversation with someone instead of just reading what may or may not work. Constructive doesn't mean rude, or trying to make someone feel lower than you. I was self employed for the last five years and had been blessed doing it. It just wasn't making me happy. Its not about only money to me. I want everything balanced :)

Paige_Taylor said:
That chick said nothing at all that was helpful. All she did was say, why would we help you out? You don't have A clue what you're doing. I was looking for real help. People asking what I am doing Or maybe even what I think I might be doing wrong. I wanted a real conversation. Not someone acting like they're god of cam modeling with a bitchy attitude. I'm never a bitch. I'm good to everyone and that's how I've maid tens of thousands in the last four months. This site (MFC) is just sooooo different from my other site. Sometimes its nice to have a real conversation with someone instead of just reading what may or may not work. Constructive doesn't mean rude, or trying to make someone feel lower than you. I was self employed for the last five years and had been blessed doing it. It just wasn't making me happy. Its not about only money to me. I want everything balanced :)

Sorry, but you're the only one I see here with a bad attitude. Insulting Charlotte (or any other girl on here) is NOT okay, especially when she was just trying to help! She wasn't being condescending, rude, or in any way putting you down, she was giving you the EXACT same advice that any of us would have given you if we were the first girl posting in this thread. Notice how many of us have thanked it... that means we agree with what she said! She is a *veteran* camgirl (as are Kaylee, Gween, and myself) and completely ignoring/putting down her extremely helpful advice isn't the way to go about things at ALL.

And as for your PM... I just told you EXACTLY what Charlotte did, just a little more elaborated on because you didn't seem to be getting it through your head that she was giving you good advice. Thanking me while simultaneously bashing her is NOT okay in my book, and you need to apologize instead of digging yourself a deeper hole. :snooty:

"that chick" *insert giggling emote*

Listen, here's my advice. This community is quite a bit about earning your stripes, lots of girls on here did it áll on their own without having this forum, a goldmine of knowledge. We get a handful of threads exactly like this every week, and there's always one or two kind enough to direct models to the search function, that is literally filled with ALL THE ANSWERS YOU SEEK. That's that.
other thing is, making friends and networking with other girls on MFC has a huge impact on your overall success, it ís really worth it to be a bit humble towards girls who have been around for a while (including 'that chick'). MFC is a tough place to be without any friends (for mental support as well as the occasional exchange of promotion and sharing ideas)

This forum has been a lifesaver for me, I too was quite successful on other sites than most of these girls work on here, and I made the very wrong assumptions that the fact that I had been camming for a while gave me the right to come in here with an ego while I was just starting out at MFC and nobody here knew me. that was a mistake. I am super happy now to be part of this community (not just ACF, the entire community), I couldn't have done it without the shared knowledge and support on here.

so, if you want to blow up your chance at camaraderie, infinite knowledge and emotional support, go right ahead. if not, it would help to tone it down a bit. Imagine you wanted to master the art of cooking, you put out an add on a cooking forum about how to improve myself, Jamie Oliver replies and directs you towards other threads and gives you so well-meant advice, would you chew him out? No, you would think 'wow, how cool that someone successful at their job would take the time to respond to my question'.

Maybe I wasn't clear In what I said back, I wasn't askingf or a personal attack. I wanted to hear some experiences that I could relate to. I'm not sure where I attacked anyone. And as for tone. I think Its really hard to understand someones tone while you're reading it anywhere. I was happy to get advice, not a personal attack. thanks guys:)

Reactions: richard_f_lipps_III
There's actually a thread in the model only area that's just for this sort of thing. You post in the thread with a link to your room when you get on cam and other ACF girls will go watch you and give feedback on what they see.

Though some may be rubbed a bit the wrong way from they way you've come across in this thread. :?

May still be worth a shot though.

CharlotteLace said:
ACF is like a giant buffet of knowledge, but you gotta load your plate yourself. :)
I love this line!!

MelodyFaye said:
"That chick?" :angry4:

My thought too!

Charlotte is one of the sweetest, most earnest, hard working models I know. EVERY model would benefit from spending a day in her camroom and just watching how she interacts with a room and how she is always smiling. No matter what.

Bah on this thread.

I have a lot of respect for Charlotte and her advice is right. I think you misread her tone.

Paige_Taylor said:
I'm good to everyone and that's how I've maid tens of thousands in the last four months. This site (MFC) is just sooooo different from my other site.

Then stick with the other site? The general consensus is that MFC works for some people and not others.

There are too many factors at play for anyone to recommend a single approach. MFC is tremendously flexible. Members can watch without paying, models can run their rooms however they like. All anyone can recommend is a process for gathering your own information as it relates to you and how you might handle your own room.

My advice is to focus less on what other models do and focus more on what you enjoy, but that's probably not the kind of advice you're looking for. So my revised advice is to re-read Charlotte's advice. If that's too frustrating to deal with, then my advice (v.3) is to stick with the other site. If that's off-putting because your goal is to conquer MFC, then my advice (v.4) is: humility.

Paige_Taylor said:
I wasn't askingf or a personal attack. I wanted to hear some experiences that I could relate to.

You don't always get what you want, sometimes you just get what you need.
Welcome to MFC. Consider this a crash course in the most cut throat and successful cam site out there. MFC is a HARD site, very few new girls blast out of the gate unless they bring a fanbase with them from another site.
Patience and humility go a long way in this biz.

P.S. I read Charlotte's post four times in a row and I can't for the fucking life of me figure out where you got anything negative from it. She was super sweet, and took her time to actually explain things. She even finished it with a "not trying to come off harshly" AND A FUCKING SMILEY! A SMILEY!

Smiley faces are like currency around here, you can't argue with the smiley. She used a smiley, you must acquit.

JoleneBrody said:
Paige_Taylor said:
She used a smiley, you must acquit.

And she doesn't use smileys without meaning it... Noooo not Charlotte. ;) :lol:

I see what this thread is for... It's so you can assure yourself that you're doing everything right and the failure you're experiencing has nothing to do with you. It's the only reasonable explanation for your demeanor at these responses.

Charlotte's post wasn't a personal attack; she was pointing out the fact that there's no cheat code for becoming a popular, well-paid camgirl. This can be said for any new model who asks how to succeed, therefor it's not really a personal attack.

I've been reading through this forum for 3 days now, trying to soak in as much information as I can, and the impression I get is exactly what Charlotte said. You need to read the wiki's and read threads here that may pertain to your own questions and curiosities about the job. Figure out the do's and don'ts. If there is absolutely anything you need to know that hasn't already been asked, ask it, but be more specific because no one knows you, your limits, your habits, or anything that will help your personally succeed.

Like, I've seen some girls say they draw people into a dead chatroom by dancing around. What if my dances look like epileptic seizures?

I've seen some girls say to have a relatively empty backdrop (sometimes suggested curtains or a blanket behind you) just to eliminate distractions. Others have said they like to have posters and things indicating their interests behind them to help advertise their interests and spur conversation to keep the room active.

Some suggestions might not work for you, so you just have to read around and adapt the information to your own method of doing things, then if you have any specific questions that you can't find information on, ask.

Take cover and get comfortable. This is gonna be long.

1) Ok, you said you want "constructive criticism" from veteran models, and then you were pretty effing rude to the first veteran model who took the time to reply to you. I'm hoping that the reason you haven't apologized to Charlotte yet is because you're really embarrassed. (You should be, holy cats!) But I'm going to refer to a post I wrote in response to another "I'm new, help me!" post recently and expand upon it. (Also, seriously, apologize to Charlotte. She did nothing wrong, and she even gave you smilies. SMILIES.)

2) Here's some honest-to-god, something-you-can-use-immmediately, constructive criticism. Yes, you're doing something wrong. Here's one of those things: I just looked at your page over at MyCamgirl.net and I did a double-take.

Here's a TL;DR for you: Let's talk about camscore.
Note: I have not seen you on cam. All of this feedback is based on what I have gleaned from your statistics on MyCamgirl.net.

2A) You've been live on cam for 111 hours in the last 20 days. At this rate, you're going to be at 166.5 hours on cam every 30 days. What the whatting what?! I don't consider myself to be a "veteran model" as of yet, seeing as how I just celebrated my 1-year-cammiversary in July, but I routinely place anywhere between #300-#600 every month. I have literally never put in more than 77 hours in one month, and that month was a mega month and an outlier. I average around 50-60 hours a month.

Miss AspenRae, who is in the #1 Miss MFC spot at the moment, has put in 93 hours in the last 30 days. To quote from my other post, "For more perspective, here's 30-day public-chat-stats for a random handful of ACFers, all of whom have positive camscores, a good following, and make their token goals (whatever those may be)—AmberCutie - 64 hours; Kickaz - 121 hours; SophiaLocke - 41 hours; SexySteph - 42 hours; GweenBlack - 78 hours; LilahMorrigan - 37 hours."

Seriously, you're averaging more than 40 hours a week ON CAM, and not taking into account all the offline work required to be a successful model. I just can't even...

"So Lorelei," you might ask. "Why does that matter? I'm putting in the hours, shouldn't I be making more tokens?" Nope. Here's the deal: There are a limited number of tokens available to you at any given time—AKA the tokens that your regulars have. From what I've experienced and heard from other models, regulars tend to make up about 70-90% of most MFC girls' income. If you have a handful of regulars, chances are that they're going to be tipped-out after a few hours. So, you need more people in your room who could become regulars! You need TRAFFIC. "How do I do that?" you may ask. The answer is—wait for it—you need to pay attention to raising your camscore.

To quote my previous post, "Everyone works the schedule that works for them. But staying online without keeping up, tip-wise, is camscore death." The current tokens-per-hour needed to maintain a 1000 camscore is around 450 at the moment, I believe. I'd bet a whole lot that you haven't been experiencing a steady flow of 405 tokens an hour (aka the average needed to maintain your current camscore.) Knowing when to log off is a very important skill.

2B) How about that away time? You aren't paying attention to your "away" time. You've got almost four hours of it this month. (As a point of reference, I have four minutes of away time this month, with about 60 hours of on-cam time.) Away time is still used in calculating camscore. When you increase the number of hours but don't increase the token count (since I assume you're not getting tipped while you're away), your camscore goes down. Simple math.

3) Let's talk about money. You're making around $20 an hour, which after taxes is more like $13.40 (30% is a reasonable amount to set aside, but that figure isn't exact. Talk to your accountant for more details on that.) I'm going to assume that you're putting in some off-cam hours preparing for shows, doing social media, making content, etc. Let's say you've only put in 10 hours of off-cam work so far this month (which is a ludicrously small amount, I'd bet a bushel of tokens that you've put in far more). That'd put you at $12.46/hr after taxes. So really, you're not making much more than minimum wage. Start thinking about working smarter, not harder, to increase your hourly wage. (It's cliché. It's also true.) Focus on raising your camscore. Bigger camscore = more traffic = more tokens in less time. It's a positive feedback loop.

4) Developing grace and humility is going to go a long, long way towards helping you to become a successful camgirl. If you want us to be nice to you, be nice to us. To quote my post again, "Doing research is your friend. So's being polite. We want to help. Make us feel like you appreciate our effort."

For any folks who like citations, the old post can be found here: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 61#p518461

I should probably go put away my spoon now. Can someone help me off of this soapbox?

Edited to add:
Llg0NPh.png

I have this song in my head for some reason. These ladies have all been very patient to every new model that has ever joined to begin with. However, personally attack one and they will obviously feel the need to defend each other.

It is a dog eat dog world out there, but we here try to stick together and support each other through any way we can.

The only person on this thread who is coming across as sarky, snarky, and ever-so slightly ego-centric is you. By demoting Charlotte to the level of 'that girl', or anyone for that matter, you are coming across as a rather rude person. Granted, spoilt brats sometimes do well on camsites - catering those who like to spoil said brats or princesses - but if you are really going around talking to people like that, have you ever thought that that could be your problem?

Now, I am not a veteran, nor am I a very successful cam-girl at this present time, but I have tried things out on a number of sites, found one that suits me better and I am slowly working my way to where I want to be.
I don't think I could have done it without the support of the people here, and we have some very interesting and topical debates going on regarding a multitude of things.

Don't make enemies before you even start to make a proper impression.

Although, for you, I feel like it might be too late.

xxx

LailaBaise said:
Anyone else picking up a dead horse vibe now? There's only so many posts that can reiterate what the previous poster has already said to the letter before everybody looks like a cunt. :?

I'm totally down with this thread dying. I appreciate how many of you defended me, and it made my day. :) But I think we all have better things to do with a beautiful Saturday than keep this going anymore, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.