AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I spent $2500 on a new laptop, so I could play a four-year-old game.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
No regrets. My current laptop is 8 years old, and still running great for daily use, but --

A couple years ago, I got super hooked into No Man's Sky. I put a few hundred hours into it, actually. I finished the main quest, and loved it for its wonky mysterious space opera weirdness. The game appeals so much to my love of environmental storytelling and rewarding exploration. Getting to a new galaxy was one of my most satisfying gaming experiences. Just thinking about it now leaves me feeling good.

Then the Beyond update dropped last year, and I was so excited. Unfortunately, my old warhorse of a computer no longer met the hardware requirements that came along with the update. I couldn't play NMS anymore, and it's been kinda depressing.

It's taken time for me to get financially solvent enough to afford a new gaming rig, especially now, with the imminent threat of joblessness in the air, but I managed to save up and get a really nice laptop with all the currently-fanciest bells and whistles. It's the first time I've ever had to call my bank to have them raise my spending limit for a purchase. Such an adult moment, lol. I'm so stoked for this thing to reach my door!

I'm also pretty stoked to be able to play some newer games, and I'll admit it feels pretty cool to actually be ready for upcoming stuff like Cyberpunk 2077 (which I've been legitimately hyped for since that first teaser trailer dropped 7 years ago.) But straight up, the thing that pushed me over the edge and had me buy a new computer is I miss playing No Man's Sky. I mean, look at this freakin' game, man!

Aug-17@15.47.40.jpg
Aug-15@19.36.46.jpgAug-11@18.45.49.jpgAug-11@17.8.3.jpgAug-15@20.46.51.jpg

I can't wait to experience all the stuff that's been added and updated since I last played. I guess there's mechs and living ships and infested freighters now? WHAT?!

Anyway, just thought I'd share my excitement. The next week or two waiting for my new laptop to arrive is going to be a real exercise in delayed gratification.

Lol pretty much immediately after I posted this, Windows took a shit on my old laptop, and now it's stuck in an irreversible boot loop. So, I guess that's that for my old friend.

I've wanted to play this game for a while ever since I saw how they improved it after that disastrous release. If only I didn't spend so much money on my camera I could have bought a decent laptop to game with 🙃

Believe me, I know the feeling of having limited funds.

As far as I know, NMS can run on anything that isn't nearing a decade old. My old laptop has a graphics card that was literally the cutoff point for Vulcan support. Before the update, it ran well enough on aging hardware for me to keep playing for a long time. The big Beyond update is actually supposed to have made the game better optimized overall.

im about to spend $2500 on a gaming laptop just so i can play sims 4 and skyrim in bed. ones a 6 year old game and the other is 9. this thread resonates with me a lot.

im about to spend $2500 on a gaming laptop just so i can play sims 4 and skyrim in bed. ones a 6 year old game and the other is 9. this thread resonates with me a lot.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. We can form a New Hardware for Old Games club.

And playing games in bed is by far my #1 pastime.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Some older games are much better what they bring out today. On my 1 year old PC I often play games like Transport tycoon (1994) and Theme Hospital (1997)! I also prefer Sims 3 (2009) over part 4.

It was a good time to be lured back into No Man's Sky. They just dropped their 3.0 update, "Origins", which ups the variety out in the galaxies. I'm pretty stoked I get to experience it all on all the high settings.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Status
Not open for further replies.