AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I was almost killed in an EXPLOSION!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
So 2019 has been quite a year for me to say the least. I was getting ready to buckle down and focus on my clips4sale store and start camming live on MFC part-time again but...
I tweeted about this a while back, but for those of you who don't, here's what happened...
Back in May I moved to Chico to go live with my boyfriend, then a couple of weeks later, we were almost killed in an RV explosion. We were doing really good for ourselves up until that point too. My bf had a great job working in Paradise doing the clean up from the campfire 🔥 (ironically), and making great money, then in just an instant, we lost it all and barely made it out with our lives.
Long story short, he and his buddy were trying to light the pilot to the water heater, there was a gas leak, and it exploded, I watched it blow them both out of the door (but at that very moment I actually thought I had just watched my bf die, he was just inches away from the initial blast that damn near engulfed the whole thing), the fire trapped my dog Chewy and me in the bedroom, then my bf came rushing back in through the flames to get to me and he pushed me out of the window before jumping out himself, not realizing that Chewy was still trapped inside. He was so badly burnt with skin hanging off of his arms and face that he couldn't do anything for my dog, so I went back in through the window and pulled my little Chewy out. It EXPLODED just minutes after! Then I drove like a bat out of hell, going about 90 mph, running red lights to rush him to the ER. He had 2nd and borderline 3rd degree burns all over his face and arms. It was a very agonizing first month of healing for him, probably the worst pain he's ever had to endure in his whole life I'm sure. I was tasked with the job of nursing him back to health, which was hands down the most stressful job I've ever had to do in my entire life. I never knew what went into caring for a burn victim, but I had to learn it all that night (because the hospital sent us on our merry way that night, YES a burn victim with 2nd and borderline 3rd degree burns on over 30% of his body, with nowhere to go, but I digress...), and I had to try my best to retain all of the nurse's instructions while still in a mental state of shock and trauma of my own. Granted, my injuries were nothing compared to what he sustained. He was really close to having to get surgery, but luckily that wasn't the case. I hear skin grafts are super painful to recover from. As for me, my face was hot for about a day and a half, my skin was peeling a bit (kinda like after ya get a sunburn) and I must have swallowed some of the flames because my throat was just awful for about a month, and my voice hasn't sounded the same since. Oh, and I cut my hand jumping outta the window, but I was mostly just traumatized more than anything else.

We lost almost everything in just the blink of an eye, our place to live, everything we had inside, as well as his job due to the fact that he was too injured to work, and his boss had to give his job to someone else. So I've been just trying to pick up the pieces and put everything back together ever since. It hasn't been easy, but I'm trying my best to figure out how to work my fetish clips/cam modeling back into my weekly schedule, in fact, that's my New Years' resolution.

So does anyone have any advice for me??? I'm not looking for sympathy, just some good sound advice and maybe a little encouragement. Has anyone here ever gone through something traumatic and still managed to not let it keep you down? If so, how did you do it?

I uploaded a few pictures below if anyone is curious, warning though if you're squeamish, you may not want to look...
burnedarms1.jpg 61132092_2756955184321625_9148796488174796800_n.jpg 61660651_2422143791403783_3732648445073162240_n.jpg

Oh my gosh! I'm glad that you all survived! It's scary how things can happen that fast. I can't believe that they sent you both home from the hospital on the first day! That is crazy!!!

I don't really have any advice for you work wise unfortunately, hopefully someone else will, but I hope you both (and your dog) have a quick recovery.

Are there any county programs that can help you both get back on your feet?

By the way, welcome back to the thread! I almost didn't recognize you from your avatar pic.

• Hugs
Reactions: Poker_Babe
Well actually my husband has 3th grade stomach cancer and goind from all the hell terapy before surgery. So yes hard time here too. How do i do it?
i set abunch of rules for myself simply to not get nuts and i keep repeating them to myself every day
1. No matter what you have to work everyday , better cry with an sustainable wallet instead of an empty one.
2. No matter what happends you can do it , you was made strong ad you can be stronger .
3. Concentrate on whats good happening now ( for ex a good food , a healed part of the body and be gratefull for it)
4. When you weak up repeat : I can do this , because i am the best .
5. then get your ass on cam and do the shows or make clips everyday and set yourself a routine to detash yourself from your problems ( for ex i do stand up from bed i open the pc , i come here let 1 coment or read some post :) then i make my coffe smoke a cig then i wash my cunt and prepare my stream then again 1 cig and for the next 5 hours i go online , ) Since i do so my weight loss recovered and i feel less tired even if i sleep 4-5 hours / 24 hours ( because i have also a toddler that eat my brains lol)

Remember your brain needs a break from your stressful routine right now , so use that to make money so you will be motivated enough to keep yourself in line and concentrate on something else

Well actually my husband has 3th grade stomach cancer and goind from all the hell terapy before surgery. So yes hard time here too. How do i do it?
i set abunch of rules for myself simply to not get nuts and i keep repeating them to myself every day
1. No matter what you have to work everyday , better cry with an sustainable wallet instead of an empty one.
2. No matter what happends you can do it , you was made strong ad you can be stronger .
3. Concentrate on whats good happening now ( for ex a good food , a healed part of the body and be gratefull for it)
4. When you weak up repeat : I can do this , because i am the best .
5. then get your ass on cam and do the shows or make clips everyday and set yourself a routine to detash yourself from your problems ( for ex i do stand up from bed i open the pc , i come here let 1 coment or read some post :) then i make my coffe smoke a cig then i wash my cunt and prepare my stream then again 1 cig and for the next 5 hours i go online , ) Since i do so my weight loss recovered and i feel less tired even if i sleep 4-5 hours / 24 hours ( because i have also a toddler that eat my brains lol)

Remember your brain needs a break from your stressful routine right now , so use that to make money so you will be motivated enough to keep yourself in line and concentrate on something else
That's some damn good advice! Thank you for sharing. Also sending positive vibes and virtual hugs your way hoping things start getting better for you and your husband.
Again, thank you so much for your advice.

All of this is just how I've handled big, bad shit happening in my life while trying to balance clips/camming so take it with a grain of salt.

- Record fuckin' everything. It sounds like a waste of time, but hear me out. Got the hiccups? Open your phone's camera and (preferably in landscape mode) record it! Gassy that day? At a fart-safe distance (if it's your phone or for some reason you put your camera near your eyeballs), record it! Yawning because life is hard & you're damn tired? Record it! No makeup? No one cares, record it! Sick? Coughing, sneezing up a storm? Good god, woman. Record that shit.

- If you can, queue up multiple clip sites (ManyVids, Clips4Sale, IWantClips, etc). Don't keep your eggs in one basket and all that. What I personally like to do is wait until my main clip site goes through it's cache of clips & just copy/paste/reupload them elsewhere. Turns a hour long job into a couple minutes.

- Work when you can, but also give yourself time to not be in "GO" mode. Have passive tedious stuff (editing, queuing, making previews and gifs, take stills, etc) you can work on if you're like me and find it hard to take a break. Make sure you don't over do it and burn out immediately when trying to return to camming/clips, it'll set you back more than the chunk of work you DO get done will help.

- Camming: showing up is half the battle. Only on for an hour because you were too tired/couldn't focus/something else needed your attention? At least you got that hour online to try and hustle. Just having the motivation to get on and stay on as long as you can, even if it doesn't seem like much, helps out a lot.

- Personally it helps *me* to stay on track/not get overwhelmed if I have a dedicated notebook to write down stuff like clip ideas, scripts, cam schedules, goals, a tick to keep track of what's queued where. Even an app on your phone (I'm sure if you browse there's quite a few) that could help with organization can help you get back to where you'd like to be cam/clip wise.

- Be nice to yourself. If you fuck up, don't waste time beating yourself up over it. It happens. Your most important priority is getting things back on track & making some cash to continue existing. Deep breath, buck up Buttercup. You got this.

Edit to add (because apparently I was raised by wolves & forgot): WELCOME BACK! I'm happy you and yours are safe. I hope your husband heals up quickly and I'm sorry as shit to hear this is how you're returning. Glad to have you though. Missed your lovely attitude around these parts!

All of this is just how I've handled big, bad shit happening in my life while trying to balance clips/camming so take it with a grain of salt.

- Record fuckin' everything. It sounds like a waste of time, but hear me out. Got the hiccups? Open your phone's camera and (preferably in landscape mode) record it! Gassy that day? At a fart-safe distance (if it's your phone or for some reason you put your camera near your eyeballs), record it! Yawning because life is hard & you're damn tired? Record it! No makeup? No one cares, record it! Sick? Coughing, sneezing up a storm? Good god, woman. Record that shit.

- If you can, queue up multiple clip sites (ManyVids, Clips4Sale, IWantClips, etc). Don't keep your eggs in one basket and all that. What I personally like to do is wait until my main clip site goes through it's cache of clips & just copy/paste/reupload them elsewhere. Turns a hour long job into a couple minutes.

- Work when you can, but also give yourself time to not be in "GO" mode. Have passive tedious stuff (editing, queuing, making previews and gifs, take stills, etc) you can work on if you're like me and find it hard to take a break. Make sure you don't over do it and burn out immediately when trying to return to camming/clips, it'll set you back more than the chunk of work you DO get done will help.

- Camming: showing up is half the battle. Only on for an hour because you were too tired/couldn't focus/something else needed your attention? At least you got that hour online to try and hustle. Just having the motivation to get on and stay on as long as you can, even if it doesn't seem like much, helps out a lot.

- Personally it helps *me* to stay on track/not get overwhelmed if I have a dedicated notebook to write down stuff like clip ideas, scripts, cam schedules, goals, a tick to keep track of what's queued where. Even an app on your phone (I'm sure if you browse there's quite a few) that could help with organization can help you get back to where you'd like to be cam/clip wise.

- Be nice to yourself. If you fuck up, don't waste time beating yourself up over it. It happens. Your most important priority is getting things back on track & making some cash to continue existing. Deep breath, buck up Buttercup. You got this.

Edit to add (because apparently I was raised by wolves & forgot): WELCOME BACK! I'm happy you and yours are safe. I hope your husband heals up quickly and I'm sorry as shit to hear this is how you're returning. Glad to have you though. Missed your lovely attitude around these parts!
Thank you for the great advice, everything you said is absolutely on point. You gals are giving me pearls here, and I am truly grateful for it!
Also, thank you ladies for the warm welcome back to ACF. I really missed you gals n' guys.

Sending you lots of love and support that must have been so scary!
Thank you, yes it was one of the scariest events I've ever gone through. It was just like in a scene out of a movie.
(I say one of the scariest, instead of the scariest because a week later, another traumatic event happened when my girlfriend and I got chased down the street in the middle of the night by some psycho with a gun, threatening to kill us; but that's a whole other long story.)

Status
Not open for further replies.