AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If One Of Your Regulars Stopped Coming To Your Room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it depends on the situation I reckon.
If someone will be away for a vacation or some other reason, whether they plan to return or not that is not really a personal choice, FOR SURE! It's nice to get a heads up so I and others don't worry.

If you just get bored of me...
It's just good to remember that for a lot of models, myself included, when you hang out with us every day... sometimes for years... you become a friend and we genuinely care about you and value the friendship. If it can't be helped, just go quietly. Chances are we've noticed and feel sad already... pointing out that you no longer find us friend worthy accomplishes nothing but a good ol' fashion heart stomping. Spare us the hurt feelers, please. Rejection hurts, even if it's accepted part of the "job".

Reitas said:
Some might argue that MFC isnt a good place for a person with this kind of disorder.

Some might, but I think as long as the models in question know about it if it's going to effect them then there's absolutely no issue. I like that on myfreecams I can give members company, friendship and some small parts similar to a relationship that you don't get with friendships when the member finds it difficult to have those relationships. Being alone for a long period of time when you don't want to be isn't great, so if I and other models can bring some happiness and comfort to people who otherwise would have to be alone is absolutely great in my book! I'd like to be made aware of it if the member is ever going to start spinning out/acting completely different so I don't freak out and so I can just accept what's going on and not take any of it personally. If it's never going to effect the model obviously there's no need to tell, and some models might take it differently than others, but in my book it'd absolutely ok! I think the majority of members I speak to have some sort of disorder, mainly small ones, so it's not like as a model I'm not used to it!

Reactions: LadyLuna
Whatever you do, DO NOT send a PM or MFCMail saying that you are a friend of the account holder and that the account holder died. But because you're friends, you know the account holder would want the model to know.

Had this happen to me. Absolutely did not believe the regular died or that a different person was messaging me (still hurt though, you know). Just played along and deleted said premium from the friends list. Two fucking YEARS later, that same regular comes into my room, proceeds to change his username to an old nickname between us (SiggyLuvsIris), and says hi in chat. Fastest ban I've ever done. Then explained to the room why I was so furious.

If you're going to lie, you have to stick with the lie. Dumbass.

I_Am_Iris said:
Whatever you do, DO NOT send a PM or MFCMail saying that you are a friend of the account holder and that the account holder died. But because you're friends, you know the account holder would want the model to know.

Had this happen to me. Absolutely did not believe the regular died or that a different person was messaging me (still hurt though, you know). Just played along and deleted said premium from the friends list. Two fucking YEARS later, that same regular comes into my room, proceeds to change his username to an old nickname between us (SiggyLuvsIris), and says hi in chat. Fastest ban I've ever done. Then explained to the room why I was so furious.

Witnessed the same thing in a couple different rooms now. One of them worked quite well for over a month. They got a LOT of free stuff bought for the 'friend' out of sympathy before the regulars caught on.

I_Am_Iris said:

Yep... happens a lot. I've seen it happen first hand and second hand at least 5-6 times now.

I think it depends on the situation too. I still worry about a reg of mine who hasn't logged on mfc/twitter in over a month now because the last I heard he was having a lot of personal problems, and members still ask me about him so in cases like that, I think I'd like to know.

And maybe also if I'd done something really wrong (like, actually wrong, not just member-being-butthurt wrong)), because I'd like to not do it again and probably didn't even realise I did in the first place.

But I've had other regs do this whole break up routine promising no more tips and they'd rarely be visiting anymore etc and make a huge song and dance about it which affects my other regulars only for them to return anyway and repeat, and if anything it just gets annoying dealing with people you were once close with being so in and out. In those cases I'd rather hey said nothing.

JJasione said:
I think it depends on the situation too. I still worry about a reg of mine who hasn't logged on mfc/twitter in over a month now because the last I heard he was having a lot of personal problems, and members still ask me about him so in cases like that, I think I'd like to know.

And maybe also if I'd done something really wrong (like, actually wrong, not just member-being-butthurt wrong)), because I'd like to not do it again and probably didn't even realise I did in the first place.

But I've had other regs do this whole break up routine promising no more tips and they'd rarely be visiting anymore etc and make a huge song and dance about it which affects my other regulars only for them to return anyway and repeat, and if anything it just gets annoying dealing with people you were once close with being so in and out. In those cases I'd rather hey said nothing.

I worry similarly, except about a model who I used to enjoy spending a lot of time with, but I know had health issues. Never had chance to speak to them and thank them personally after they defended me over something posted on these forums, and the last message on Twitter read about being rather ill.

Not entirely sure if she just quit, or it's due to illness. Probably sounds sad, but there's a genuine cause for care in my view.

Reactions: JJasione
I had a regular who I was rather fond of. She (yes, an actual female non-model tipping premium!) was in my room almost every day for a while, saying she was sick so she didn't have much else to do than MFC. She then would disappear for a couple days or weeks at a time, going to the hospital. Then she just disappeared and I couldn't help but wonder the worst, like some of you.

After months of absence, she visited my room a couple weeks ago! :dance: I was so relieved. We had a little talk, and while unfortunately she won't be around much anymore, it was nice to have that closure. Even nicer, she seems to be doing better these days. I wonder how many years in the future I would have thought "I wonder whatever happened to ___..." if not for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.