AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If Twitter Implodes... stategies?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Lollipop

Cam Model
Feb 7, 2011
www.miss-lollipop.com
Twitter Username
@MissLollipopMFC
MFC Username
Miss_Lollipop
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/46293/misslollipop
Twitter looks like it may be in dire straights.

For me I have an established acct for over a decade. Twitter functions for me as a functional HUB for all my things.

- Links to my sites
- XXX ads for new clips/streams
- new users discovering me
- generally looking legit. Long standing acct, huge following gives me some clout.
- current fans staying connected
- direct sales via DM
- sex work news/community/organizing
- coordinating with other models for colabs/events/hiring

If it goes down I am struggling deciding where to put my energy. Starting over feels worrying.

Some options:

- Instagram
- Tumblr (allows boobs again)
- Reddit
- Discord
- Running my free OF more as social media
- Fansly/other OF clones
- Free snapchat
- Tiktok
- Mastadoon
- Email lists
- Using clip site/cam site feeds/communication tools
- Facebook
- telegram
- whatsapp

This is mostly what I can think of.

For myself I am looking into discord/mastadoon but I think I will push ppl to Instagram/Free OF

None of this is ideal but Instagram offers the least barriers to use/switching. People are familiar. Its good for discovery. I have a small following established (3k.. vs 95k) and its media based. But no xxx and they're ban happy.

FREE OF would be like a funnel but I cant advertise other sites, lots of stuff is restricted.

Email list is the thing id have completely in my control. I have been collecting emails for years time to use them I guess.

I'd love to hear from models who use Twitter heavily what their plans are and from members what your feelings are. Where would you prefer models go?

And from everyone general predictions/ thoughts?

The models I follow for livestreaming use Instagram and advertise when they're live there. That's mainly where I follow them and keep tabs, and would presumably be able to keep track of them if they moved to another site.

Reddit is the only option with good discoverability that doesn't ban people from the adult industry arbitrarily and it allows nudity. Being successful on reddit long-term takes so much time that it is like having another full-time job. I have no idea what option is going to be the best one.

Someone on twitter pointed out to me that if it went down completely they think that it'd come back up. As in Twitter would fix its shit with some time and put it back online...
That actually made some sense to me and made me a little less worried.
Yeah I'm betting and hoping for this as well. Of course it'd be even better if it just didn't die in the first place, but time will tell.

I'm in the same boat as you that Twitter is my main hub of all things involved in my adult career. I am uninterested in Mastadon, it doesn't operate like Twitter in the way I would be able to easily untilize. I'd rather run a Discord server (I am already familiar with it so it'd be simple) and use it to keep up with my regulars and post memes and all that stuff. Memes and gifs and silly stuff doesn't seem like it'd work on a free OF, Snap, or Instagram. (Besides I'm banned from IG so I'd have to jump through some hoops to get a new account and followers.)

I imagine a mix of tiktok, reddit, and discord would be my plan. If I actually have the mental energy to keep trying at all, that is.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Someone on twitter pointed out to me that if it went down completely they think that it'd come back up. As in Twitter would fix its shit with some time and put it back online...
That actually made some sense to me and made me a little less worried.
I think what we're likely to see is it going up and down and up and down until the user base begins to abandon it because whenever they try to check it it's nonfunctional. The Twitter staff has been downsized to a skeleton crew, with entire critical teams and senior employees either fired or abandoning it. They are going to have issues where critical infrastructure breaks, and nobody knows how to fix it because those people no longer work there, which means extensive downtime as the remaining teams now have to learn about systems they don't know anything about from scratch just to learn how to fix them.

I predict a lot of outages and issues ahead, and I think having a backup plan would be extremely wise. Even if it survives I don't expect it will have the reach that it does now.

And sorry, I'm not trying to make anyone worry more. Based on my experience in the tech industry I think planning for the worst case scenario here is really prudent.

Last edited:
I think my personal biggest worry is that Elon has plans (and is proven to work on) adding a way to process payments between users (kinda paypal-esque) and mixing that into the apps functionality.

I think this will likely lead to SW being banned.

I might be wrong but that's my gut feeling.

-I personally run a free discord I started before using twitter with a hidden thread for those in my paid "club".
-also thinking of adding a free OF (and fansly) and using it social-media esque.
-restarting my emaillist
-personal website

Maybe: Reddit, tiktok, tumblr, free snap, peach(?)

I don't know when things turn from "multiple baskets" to spreading yourself too thin though.. 🤔 Does anyone have some advice on this or is it still just add on as much as you possibly can do? 😅

I already wanted to diversify but it feels like there's so many places that could be helpful, but at the same time I'm terrible at social media so I would need to really have to have a good strategy to make all this work.

Reactions: Sashacurves
How can we legally use an email list? Do we need a website where they agree to the emails?

I have a ton of emails from people who have purchased my videos, but I'm not sure if I can legally use them since they didn't agree to anything yet.

An email list would be nice in the long run since no site can ban us.

im at the point where me going viral every other month helps attract consistent traffic since i've been super inconsistent due to personal and health issues. twitter is my lifeline since i use my twitter as a hub.

facebook requires realnames. if you create a fanpage or group, it has to tie to a physical account. if you use it use incognito mode and vpn when logged in. expect to be banned.

im thinking about Instagram, but can attach my linktree with my adult links?

This is a good thread to make, it's wise to have backup plans.
Just wanted to say that personally I think twitter is too big to fail (in the next few years at least). Many big accounts who've threatened to leave (who's audience may positively impact a lesser known site's traffic!) over Musk's buy have stayed.

Advice to everyone: don't stress yourself out by looking at headlines. Every site has ups and downs. Whatever happens will happen.

How can we legally use an email list? Do we need a website where they agree to the emails?

I have a ton of emails from people who have purchased my videos, but I'm not sure if I can legally use them since they didn't agree to anything yet.

An email list would be nice in the long run since no site can ban us.
Honestly I have never seen a single site comply with CANSPAM (the anti spam laws that the US implemented) at best they do 2/7 (every email is meant to contain the companies' business address for example), so I would just say set up an unsubscribe link so they can be removed from the list if they request it.

If anyone wants more info on what it is you are supposed to do, here's the link to the FTC's CANSPAM guidelines.

This site goes over CANSPAM, GDPR and Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation.

Just FYI on emails for anyone thinking of running them. Most mail providers used for bulk sending email (like mailchimp) don't allow their services for sending adult content. I just use the mail server that I get with my webhost so cant really offer much in the way of suggestions for bulk send companies.

I think what we're likely to see is it going up and down and up and down until the user base begins to abandon it because whenever they try to check it it's nonfunctional. The Twitter staff has been downsized to a skeleton crew, with entire critical teams and senior employees either fired or abandoning it. They are going to have issues where critical infrastructure breaks, and nobody knows how to fix it because those people no longer work there, which means extensive downtime as the remaining teams now have to learn about systems they don't know anything about from scratch just to learn how to fix them.

I predict a lot of outages and issues ahead, and I think having a backup plan would be extremely wise. Even if it survives I don't expect it will have the reach that it does now.

And sorry, I'm not trying to make anyone worry more. Based on my experience in the tech industry I think planning for the worst case scenario here is really prudent.
I work in the tech industry debugging random breakages. And what is says above is what I would also predict.

If you lose too much experience and history debugging even simple things causing outages takes 10 or 100x longer to figure out. The experts will often get on a call and ask a few questions and immediately identify the issue. And issue that the call has had many people on for hours and hours already. If you don't have those experts anymore the call can go on forever. And having resources tied up with one disaster means that the rest of the environment gets ignored and it gets worse.

If twitter has extreme enough issues for long enough (maybe 30-90 days) then it may not survive as we know it.

Elon looks at times to be smart (Spacex) but then turns around and does things that indicate he simply may have got lucky and hired the right person, and really does not know what he is doing.

Just consider you take 100 rich people and they all start companies and one happens to succeed, and everyone assumes that they are a smart, but in reality you had 100 people blindly throwing darts and one simply got lucky and hit the bull's eye. Often there is way more luck involved than skill, but people believe there was actual skill, and think that everything they do is going to be great.

Elon looks at times to be smart (Spacex) but then turns around and does things that indicate he simply may have got lucky and hired the right person, and really does not know what he is doing.

Dude lost 80% of his employees because he wanted to force his employees to work long and demanding hours. Moron decided to offer 3 months severance to quit if they dont agree. twitter programers are highly skilled and already being recruited by competitors (publicly too). Not just prgramers. He lost the whole fucking accounting department. He's got no one to do payroll and taxes are literally around the corner. Oh and he fired twitters PR team too. Advertisers are dropping like flies.

He was ousted from being ceo of paypal for a reason. I dont think he actually runs spacex or tesla if this speedrun any% of imploding twitter has shown.

Been enjoying all his apologists trying to explain how all of this is perfectly acceptable.

Dude lost 80% of his employees because he wanted to force his employees to work long and demanding hours. Moron decided to offer 3 months severance to quit if they dont agree. twitter programers are highly skilled and already being recruited by competitors (publicly too). Not just prgramers. He lost the whole fucking accounting department. He's got no one to do payroll and taxes are literally around the corner. Oh and he fired twitters PR team too. Advertisers are dropping like flies.

He was ousted from being ceo of paypal for a reason. I dont think he actually runs spacex or tesla if this speedrun any% of imploding twitter has shown.

Been enjoying all his apologists trying to explain how all of this is perfectly acceptable.

Elon has a lot of FanBoys. Not sure why. A number of them went out and bought his $5k "flame thrower" that to me looks like a prettied up $50 weed burner.

A lot of people assume that someone who is rich had some ability and for the 1st generation often it was one lucky decision at the right time.

There are enough people that start out rich (>$10million) and cannot seem to even keep it.

And I have seen enough that no amount of hard work and training even a large team often can really beat (or even come close to) one lazy expert with the knack, and a properly directed helper or 2. I am guessing for Tesla and SpaceX Elon is more an investor and each of them has that magic expert that sees solutions that no one else even dreams exists.

Honestly I have never seen a single site comply with CANSPAM (the anti spam laws that the US implemented) at best they do 2/7 (every email is meant to contain the companies' business address for example), so I would just say set up an unsubscribe link so they can be removed from the list if they request it.

If anyone wants more info on what it is you are supposed to do, here's the link to the FTC's CANSPAM guidelines.

This site goes over CANSPAM, GDPR and Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation.

Just FYI on emails for anyone thinking of running them. Most mail providers used for bulk sending email (like mailchimp) don't allow their services for sending adult content. I just use the mail server that I get with my webhost so cant really offer much in the way of suggestions for bulk send companies.
Thank you so much! I'm going to look into all of this. 😊

Reactions: KingMarti
Well it's been a week and the buzz settings twitter dying seems to have gone down...
I don't see Twitter going away anytime soon myself. If it does, then my camworld presence will shift to Mastodon and Discord (or whatever else comes up) if needed.

I use the script GoodTwitter2 when viewing Twitter through web browser.
If you want to customize your Twitter panel and shut off everything such as trends, ads, sidebar etc. It basically shuts off the outside world except for things you want to see (people you follow).

There are still quite a few predictions that Elon is going to do his absolute best to make the platform as hostile as possible to anyone/thing he objects to -- he's already attacked Alexander Vindman (one of the first to testify against Trump at the impeachment proceedings) and was mercilessly mocked after doing so. His ego is fragile and I can't see this going anywhere but down in flames.

I deleted my account the day he bought Twitter. No one was all that interested in what I was posting anyway. :)

I found this a moment ago:

Twitter & Apple App Store

It's about the guy who controls the Apple app store and Apple events deleting his Twitter account and Elon @'ing Tim Cook asking him what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.