AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you owned a camsite...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MFC style is pretty good, with basics and guests able to chat at the model's discretion.

I'd probably just add a couple of extra features - the ability to mute a specific basic or guest while allowing the others to chat, and the converse; muting all basics and/or guests except particular one(s).

Also, because some models aren't paying attention, aren't fluent in English, and because paying customers deserve respect too - an option to vote a temporary ban or mute of a basic or guest by say 3-4 premiums.

As to why I'd do it this way - I think talking to people is a great way to sign up, IF you can weed out the idiots and beggars.

Time limit on the amount of time a guest or basic can stay in free chat before needing to pay. Also, while I may allow a rating system I would not penalize a lady for not making a certain amount of tokens in a given time.

On top of that I would enforce rules and make the ladies my top priority as they are the ones bringing in the money. Paying customers, of course, are also highly important.

I have actually thought of doing this before, I just realize it's quite a large undertaking.

Hmm, I had thought of the ability for the model to turn off the stream for basics/guests - or alternatively, make it "premium only" stream (for public shows of the more... penetrative nature) - but that may harm the site as models would utilise it too much (as in, potentially all the time).

However, a better idea is a proportional system. As a room fills up, the number of guest viewer spots dwindles.So guests can be as many as they like in an empty room. In a room with 500, there's only allowed 250 guests. In a room of 2000, 100 guests. In a room of 5000, 0 guests. Furthermore, they get "kicked" after 5 minutes anyway and are not able to return for 5 minutes. This allows "rotation" of guests within the room, but also ensuring that as a room gets busier it isn't guests who clog the server. To see more they're being encouraged to register as a basic (where they no longer get booted/limited) :) They see a message when trying to join a room that's "full" to guests, informing them of such - and how to avoid such a problem.

The same could be done with basics...but it's trickier as these are a step closer to paying customers - so you want to lure them in and let them form an attachment to a model, rather than piss them off. It would be neat for the "premium" stream...but I can only see it being overused by models at every and any opportunity...unless you had a way of "reward the model who gets basics to convert into premiums whilst in their room" - then maybe it wouldn't :)

Yeah I dunno...from my personal point of view, those camsites that make popups on tubesites I'd visited a couple times and guests can't chat or interact or even really see other people interacting and after a few minutes it says the model is in private (but really I think it just gives guests a time limit) - I never would have started watching models if that was the norm.

I would click on, or get those popups for years and always just turned them off - it was only when I went to MFC I felt like some kind of barrier dropped between the models and guys, even the basics and guests, even if it's just a psychological barrier - that I was actually keen to spend money and go back.

Even when you're muted, a desire to join in the conversation is sometimes enough to make you go basic, and then from there...

So my :twocents-02cents: if there were some automatic 5 minute ban or something, I'd have closed MFC and never returned I think.

Zoomer said:
a way of "reward the model who gets basics to convert into premiums whilst in their room"

I'd love to see this implemented. Perhaps models could get a boost to their cam score for conversions? One some sites - well I know of one - models get a higher percentage from people they bring to the site. This would be a blessing for lower-CS models who are more likely to chat with basics.

I would like for models to be able to give chat permission to selected basics even if they mute the class. This would be sort of like Jupiter's idea, except implemented in reverse. Some basics are fun and respectful and, even though I'm carrying them, if it makes the model happy to have them in their room, I'd have no objection to letting them talk. I know of some premiums who got to know a model as basics and ended up being serious tippers. This would, again, be a benefit for lower-CS models.

Generally, I would like for guests to have limits, on an IP basis, as to how long they may visit the site in a given 24-hour period.

As a general rule, on a site like MFC, where emotes are a major part of chat, I'd prefer to see emotes restricted to premiums. Hell, I'd even support a 1-5 token/emote automatic tip to the model each time a premium uses them. That would help a lot with spam in busy rooms, and discourage trolls generally.

yeah or an optional question when you sign up asking you which model most influenced your decision, and she might get 50 camscore and a notification or something

I'd incorporate text-to-speech translation with English, Spanish, Romanian, Russian and Tagalog to start with.

I like some of the ideas here. I would do the following...

1- Guests could watch a single room for up to 1 hour, but every 10 minutes they would get a pop-up suggestion for them to become a paying member. If they don't make a move on that box (either closing it or going to the sign up page) in 5 minutes, then they are booted from the room and not allowed to return to it for 20 minutes. Same applies to guests who watch for the hour- can't come back for 20 minutes. They would be allowed to chat unless the model mutes them.

2- Basics could watch any room they want and chat with any model without a time limit. Models would be allowed to mute all basics and then select specific basics to be unmuted if she so chooses. Basics would get the "become a premium" ad too, but less often (every 15 or 20 minutes) and wouldn't have the time limit to act on that box.

3- If a model is going to do a show, she could have a setting which basically gives guests and basics a warning that if they don't go premium in the next X number of minutes, they won't be allowed to see the show. I would say that guests get 10 minutes and basics get 20 minutes. But models would only be allowed to use that setting once every 2 or 3 hours to prevent abuse. And it would be recommended that the model be starting her show within that first 10 minutes. Of course, if it's seen that models aren't doing that in general, that setting could be pulled.

4- If a guest or basic goes premium while in a model's room or (as a take off of what Zoomer and Sevrin suggested) when someone is going premium, they say that a particular model convinced them to do it, the site gives the model a bonus.

i would like to see a feature to make pictures of the show and store them in an archive on the host servers.
For each picture taken the model should get an automatic tip.
I am aware that it is easy to make screencaps yourself but you have to crop them yourself. It can be awkward to make several caps in short time etc. and you have to save your screencaps on your own pc.
With an already available feature it would be easier and the pictures are not on the pc that is used for watching.
And if you think of prices per picture like 10-20 tokens the model would maybe get a storm of tips on events that are worth to take a picture.

Traditio said:
And if you think of prices per picture like 10-20 tokens the model would maybe get a storm of tips on events that are worth to take a picture.
This might just encourage cam-sleeping in awkward poses :p

AlexLady said:
How would you manage public chat, in terms of guests, and basics? Also, why would you do it this way?

I'm curious.
Slow mode. On http://www.justin.tv a room host can put chat into slow mode so users comments are limited to one per minute, unless a user is 'voiced' in that room (or in mfc terms, I suppose on 'friend' list) who chat freely.

The limitation of that is it's only got one gear. Ideally the comment rate for chat should be controlled by the model, 15;30;60 secs between comments and those on friends list able to chat / PM freely or at a faster rate. The room host selects the categories or individuals it applies to, with the time indicated in the room beside that category or individual.

This makes the friend list as important in chat as it is for using PM. Slow mode should also be applicable to PM, including for those on friends list, which might redirect a lot of trivial chatter broken up in PMs back to chat and allow a model to manage the balance between them.

Comments with tips could override the restrictions of slow mode in chat, perhaps for the time the room was in that mode, and the comments attached to them be ticked as either for public chat or the model only.

That might allow models in busy rooms to manage the rate of comments before it turns into an incoherent stream. It would avoid imposing a general policy on others who don't have the babble of mass traffic, but may want to manage their room so it's not dominated by a handful of prems, basics or guests on occasion, or generally.

I do wonder whether nameless guests should only have a view from a Guest Lounge when muted, while basics remain in the room on mute. This wouldn't concern passing guests much unless they got more interested and inclined to become basic or prem, but might impact on 'guest' prems and models.

Guests could be colour coded (pink, blue) if they match the ip used by a model or prem within the couple of hours before they arrive, certainly if it was a model ip or a prem one used in a given room. That would allow others in chat to be more concious of who may be around and add a little colour to a Guest Lounge.

I think guests having a lounge where they can flip through channels with ease would just encourage them sharing whatever public shows are on with each other and never upgrading at all.

I still think that aside from not seeing stuff in group and private, a major part of the allure to go premium is to join in on conversation - which doesn't happen if you can only hear the model and not read the chat.

Jupiter551 said:
I still think that aside from not seeing stuff in group and private, a major part of the allure to go premium is to join in on conversation - which doesn't happen if you can only hear the model and not read the chat.
In which case either enforcing rules to ensure guests/basics don't see any form of masturbation or penetration in free chat would mean that the lure to join in premium would be to join in chat OR see the model actually play with themselves.

about joining in that free chat...

The idea of limiting guests based on the number of users in a room is the same but without requiring enforcing rules. Rooms get busy because of shows in free chat. Go to the busiest rooms (the only ones where guests would be limited in what I said) and it is mostly guests and/or basics. Since the reason these rooms are that busy is a free show, the guests and basics are muted anyway and therefore can't speak - the chat window would be untenable if they could. Furthermore, the fact they are there when the show is on, but not when the model is talking indicates being there is sod all to do with talking and everything to do with seeing naked ladies fuck themselves. For free.

Meanwhile limiting their numbers sort of cascades them into other rooms instead, maybe even where they can talk to the model... or at least basics can. The only reason to talk to a model, other than the traditional "show x bb" "open bb" is when they have a desire to talk to the girl. Why the desire? Because in my opinion, they like the girl and want to talk. Liking the girl and want to talk means more likely to go premium than sitting in silence being unable to talk whilst watching a model fuck herself... and not paying for it.

So limiting space was a method of having the equivalent effect of enforcing the rules as to what a model can do... changing that "chat to a model" (which they can still do depending upon whether a model permits it, up to the point the room because heaving with people) to a "chat or see more of her" - which I always thought was the strongest lure, but sadly doesn't work anymore due to free chat shows.

Currently the only motivation is to be able to chat to a model. A motivation, yes, but a weak one which underplays the potential stronger alternative lures...
MFC gets so much basic/guest traffic because on other sites unregistered members cannot see anything like so much ;)

My idea to mfc was NO Model AUDIO for guests (Muted by default with no on/off button). Might save on bandwidth?? if they wanted audio they would have to at least REGISTER.

Feedback from MFC on the idea, "not a good first impression for new users.."

:roll: :snooty: :woops:

Yeah I think MFC's underlying "angle" is give more for free, attract mass traffic, and some of the mass traffic will sign up - a numbers game, and that works. Anything that decreases guests or basics from using the site also decreases the pool of potential premiums.

I think for april fool's they should, for one day, change the ability to mute basics and guests into the ability to "blind them". Basically, they'd see a black screen in every room the model tried to mute them, but they would be unable to be muted. Imagine the confusion and hilarity.

nice way would be to limit the bandwidth for guests and basics by reducing the shown cam resolution.
that way you save bandwidth and getting premium really gives something special to you.

nzhere said:
My idea to mfc was NO Model AUDIO for guests (Muted by default with no on/off button). Might save on bandwidth?? if they wanted audio they would have to at least REGISTER.

I totally agree with MFC there. I'm impressed you actually got a reply from them about that, lol. :lol:

AmberCutie said:
nzhere said:

I totally agree with MFC there. I'm impressed you actually got a reply from them about that, lol. :lol:

I think the outcome would be quite the opposite of the intention and just further instill the notion that camgirls should be seen and not heard. If you're going to stare at my tits you're damn well going to listen to the boring minutia of my day too lol.

One feature that I loved about Streamate was the "Kick" function. It's not a ban, it's just a boot out of the room for a few minutes and I found that for the most part when booted out of the room people would just wander off, or even better come back and be better behaved. Long term bans are great when someone is genuinely psychotic but the vast majority of people I ban these days I immediately unban right afterwards with a simple, "get your shit together, stop acting a fool. If your bored you can leave, if you have a request you can tip, I'm not putting up with any bullshit from you." message and most premiums just say "sorry bb :(" and come back to the room in a less retarded mind set.

AmberCutie said:
nzhere said:

About %80 of the Asian section don't have any audio anyway!!
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.