AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm broadcasting at 60fps... but I'm not at 60fps

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2021
1080only.png
I've had a 60 fps camera for a few months now, it's set up in ops to stream at 60fps as you can see... and in the browsers shows as 60 fps... but if I open my broadcast in another browser to check it it only shows up as 1080p, meanwhile i see other people who broadcast at 60 fps show up as "108060" as their top streaming option.

SO frustrating, anyone know how to fix this????

I don't see it in their chart, but the listed bitrate for 1080p/30 is 5-8mbps. So I would suspect the issue is the bitrate is too low for them to consider it full 1080p-60. If you have more upload bandwidth than 10mbps, then you might try increasing the bitrate a bit and see if that changes it.

Upvote 0
I don't see it in their chart, but the listed bitrate for 1080p/30 is 5-8mbps. So I would suspect the issue is the bitrate is too low for them to consider it full 1080p-60. If you have more upload bandwidth than 10mbps, then you might try increasing the bitrate a bit and see if that changes it.
you only need 7.5k for 60fps

Upvote 0
LOL, wrong... the camera isn't even USB 3.0.

I contacted support and they said to "check now,"
and now it says "108060"

Yes CB has to fix that glitch on their end BUT you said something weird, you said the camera isnt even usb 3.0 which means its not likely that your video is really 60fps, i mean you can tell obs to send 60fps even when the webcam is 30fps but I am not aware of a camera that is usb 2.0 and handles 1080p 60fps, ive seen some that are usb 2.0 that do 720p 60fps though. Which webcam are you using?

Edit: after doing some research i found an avermedia cam that says it can handle 1080p 60fps with usb 2.0 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes CB has to fix that glitch on their end BUT you said something weird, you said the camera isnt even usb 3.0 which means its not likely that your video is really 60fps, i mean you can tell obs to send 60fps even when the webcam is 30fps but I am not aware of a camera that is usb 2.0 and handles 1080p 60fps, ive seen some that are usb 2.0 that do 720p 60fps though. Which webcam are you using?

Edit: after doing some research i found an avermedia cam that says it can handle 1080p 60fps with usb 2.0 🤷‍♂️
I didnt think usb2.0 had the data throughput for 1080/60 🤔

Upvote 0

Mine is a

NexiGo N980P​

which I wouldn't recommend... while it's much clearer than my old C920 that wide angle lens that is built in is NOT good for nude webcamming -- the camera always either looks too close or too far away and there is a ton of distortion on the edges.

Upvote 0
This explains a lot - @ghostofsupporter is right - your camera certainly doesn't use the h264 codec (preferably h265 / HEVC now for fullHD or 4k) to stream to CB (Web browsers now require it too)

Upvote 0
I did further research it seems logitech dropped H264 Encoding from their webcams in 2018...the 920/922 from earlier are NOT the same in terms of functionality

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.