AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm failing. Help?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetViolet_A

Cam Model
Mar 3, 2016
Twitter Username
@CamgrlViolet
MFC Username
SweetViolet_A
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/535481/SweetVioletA/
So I've been camming pretty consistently on MFC for a few months now and I can't seem to get it to work for me. At first I was making $80-$150 in about 3-6 hour shifts but now I am barely making anything. Today I was on for about 5 hours, with a countdown, a raffle, a prize jar, content, and engaging with everyone who talked to me. I made 360 tokens in all that time. I thought I would have been able to work up to making $200ish in a 5-8 hour shift by now, but instead I'm not even making enough to pay rent. I stay pretty positive on cam, but it is really difficult when I can feel my camscore dropping as I sit there and wonder whether anyone will tip for anything.

I want to be positive. I like camming. But I can't figure out why I'm going down instead of up, even while I'm putting more effort and time into it.

Sometimes I have lousy nights , I think on st Patrick's day I had so much prepared, like shots for once, and not one person tipped . I logged off in tears, and the next day I logged on to find an offline tip of 1000 tokens and another of 42. It was nice they noticed I had a slow night so don't get all worked up over the bad days because you never know what may happen on mfc :)

Sometimes I have lousy nights , I think on st Patrick's day I had so much prepared, like shots for once, and not one person tipped . I logged off in tears, and the next day I logged on to find an offline tip of 1000 tokens and another of 42. It was nice they noticed I had a slow night so don't get all worked up over the bad days because you never know what may happen on mfc :)

Thanks for your reply. I guess what worries me most is it isn't just today. The past few weeks I've only hit my low goal once. I just never know whether to log off to try and save my camscore or keep waiting it out to see if someone will tip eventually.

Yeah I know how that goes too, it's like if I don't set low goals then they don't really ever get met. And by low I mean 420 til naked type low. Or 1000 til cum show. Maybe since I'm starting to hit those I should slowly increase them. But when I have like 2-5,000 as a goal I really don't get much. And I take breaks if people don't tip. Cam an hour , & if I don't make much I'll break and smoke / eat then try again . I let them know too so they may come back. And usually when I threaten a break they start tipping. Sorry if I just wrote a novel.

Reactions: SweetViolet_A
I was sort of in the same situation. I started off on a site with 500s in my room, like people then it got down to 30s in a matter of months. I was really inconsistent though. Have you tried camming on another site in the slow times? It can help with your rent situation. I know for a lot of models they need more than one site to make a sustainable income. Edit: 500s I mean room count not money. Lol just had to clarify.

I was sort of in the same situation. I started off on a site with 500s in my room, like people then it got down to 30s in a matter of months. I was really inconsistent though. Have you tried camming on another site in the slow times? It can help with your rent situation. I know for a lot of models they need more than one site to make a sustainable income.

Yeah, I usually only have like 1 to 5 premiums in my room at a time. Only rarely do I get more. If I get a few privates or Skype, I usually have an ok night but even those seemed to have dried up a bit. I've tried Streammate and Bonga so far when MFC has been super slow, but haven't done so well on them either. I might invest a little more time in Streammate though to see if it can help balance my income. I'm beginning to think I'm just bad at this, but I have a few regulars who seem to like me (even if they can't afford to tip a lot or often).

Reactions: GreenDaisy_80
It's hard to make it on Myfreecams as a new model! The girls who get the busiest spots at the top of the page have been on the site forever. Most log on every day at the same time, for long hours at a time with no breaks... and have been doing so for the past 1-7 years. Their lives generally revolve around camming, not the other way around.
And sometimes they even sit there with no tips.

On Streamate, it's easier to manipulate success... as the ranking on the site has a lot to do with how good your technology / internet is. If you have the money to invest in bright lighting, the highest speed internet possible, a new webcam, and a nice laptop... you have a better shot at finding customers because you'll be in a higher traffic spot of the site.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SweetViolet_A
What's your general persona on cam? I talk and move around CONSTANTLY. Like so much that I'll forget what I just said and sometimes my back is a little sore the next day. Sometimes I go on MFC as a guest and all of the girls that have a low room count are quiet and not active.

And while you're talking you remind people of what you have for sale. Videos, Kik, Snapchat, whatever game you're playing....I think a really good game is Spin the Wheel and War. Spin the Wheel was a free app and War cost about $1.50 for a deck of cards. Guys LOVE those games and I have a lot of fun with them too! I get really into bullshitting about what the next card is going to be, or where the spinner lands, or when I win war and get all "nananana I win!"

Watch other mid-range models and see what they act like. Watching other models was really helpful, I could see what worked and what didn't without having to broadcast. Also my camscore went up when I was on for shorter amounts of time (3hrs 3x a week mostly).

What's your general persona on cam? I talk and move around CONSTANTLY. Like so much that I'll forget what I just said and sometimes my back is a little sore the next day. Sometimes I go on MFC as a guest and all of the girls that have a low room count are quiet and not active.

And while you're talking you remind people of what you have for sale. Videos, Kik, Snapchat, whatever game you're playing....I think a really good game is Spin the Wheel and War. Spin the Wheel was a free app and War cost about $1.50 for a deck of cards. Guys LOVE those games and I have a lot of fun with them too! I get really into bullshitting about what the next card is going to be, or where the spinner lands, or when I win war and get all "nananana I win!"

Watch other mid-range models and see what they act like. Watching other models was really helpful, I could see what worked and what didn't without having to broadcast. Also my camscore went up when I was on for shorter amounts of time (3hrs 3x a week mostly).

My personality on cam is pretty smiley and talkative. Although sometimes when no one else is responding I just try to talk to myself and run out of things to say. I'll definitely try some more games though. Thanks!

It's hard to make it on Myfreecams as a new model! The girls who get the busiest spots at the top of the page have been on the site forever. Most log on every day at the same time, for long hours at a time with no breaks... and have been doing so for the past 1-7 years. Their lives generally revolve around camming, not the other way around.
And sometimes they even sit there with no tips.

On Streamate, it's easier to manipulate success... as the ranking on the site has a lot to do with how good your technology / internet is. If you have the money to invest in bright lighting, the highest speed internet possible, a new webcam, and a nice laptop... you have a better shot at finding customers because you'll be in a higher traffic spot of the site.

I didn't realize that about Streamate ranking. Thanks for the information!

Reactions: MojitosJourney
Well, as an update, I was apparently overreacting. I took last night off and then logged in tonight and had an amazing night! It was fun, I surpassed my high goal, and even had a very nice member from here stop by and contribute. So I guess MFC is just ridiculously unpredictable and I shouldn't assume the sky is falling.

I'm glad I decided to start digging through the forums. Things have slowed for me lately and I have been worrying. I've really trying to stay positive and enjoy my lovely friends in the room even though I'm not making as much right now. I think it's a common reaction to panic a bit after numerous slow days in a row. Reading this helped me stay positive, so thank you.

I'm new to MFC too and I've been in your shoes also! I've gone from really slow nights to really fun, awesome nights. For me personally, I've learned that it's okay to take a couple nights off to relax and regroup. That way you can approach the next time you cam with more positivity and you'll feel refreshed :)

I don't know MFC very well. Know Streamate quite well. I can't honestly comment very intelligently on the issues you brought up. However, I know plenty of girls cam on more than one site at a time. Some troll for independent shows as well. The one thing I sort of know from a variety of work experiences is not to "put all your eggs in one basket". As I consider getting back into camming, I won't feel completely comfortable doing it unless I diversify my income streams... might even consider selling videos, pictures, etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
Don't forget to look at the date of the last post when responding to threads. :) This thread was from april of last year, but their are probably lots of newer threads with a similar theme running. Welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.