AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm not making any money :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2016
I have signed up to chatturbate, justbbws and allbbws and I am making nothing! I also signed up to streamate a week ago and have heard nothing back from them. It still says my membership is pending. I also signed up to livejasmin about 3 weeks ago and they never got back to me.

I am classed as a small BBW. I am not seriously large, just noticeably chubby and in the smaller plus sizes. Maybe that's why I am not getting attention much on the BBW sites? (I am a UK size 16 US size 12)

I have proportionally big boobs and a cute face and nice hair down to the middle of my back. I am 28 but look a lot younger, especially on cam. I am friendly and enthusiastic. I have a fairly good camera and a mic, by room is tidy, my internet connection doesn't lag, Still, I am getting nowhere!

I have had only 3 private shows in the past week. Chaturbate is the worst one. I only seem to get freeloaders in my room every time I go in there. I have tried setting goals ect but no one wants to tip me and the guys are all incredibly rude.

Usually the only men who seem to want to pay for me are guys who want things I won't or can't do, like anal, pee, lesbianism and poop. Those are the only 4 things I won't do even if I could and they are getting mentioned to me a lot. I also have barely any money right now so affording props is an issue. I am trying to make money to improve my business so I can actually go out and buy props but it is going nowhere.

There are certain people I wouldn't want to find out and it would be detrimental for them to know I do this, so creating fanpages on twitter, tumblr ect is out of the question. I have to stay exclusive to these sites.

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like the market is saturated? Unless you are something really special, or have been at it since the days when the market wasn't so bad, you make money. That's what my boyfriend is saying to me, anyway. He is better with people than I am, and he has tried helping me but we made nothing together even. I just can't understand what I am doing wrong.

-Your body type or weight isn't going to set you back unless you have already decided that it will.
-Trying to be on four websites is stretching yourself way too thin. Find a website that you think will suit what you offer and your personality and then give that website your all for a decent amount of time. That's the only way to find out if you're ever going to make any money.
-The market is over saturated. I think a lot of people agree that girls now do have to work harder or smarter than in the past years but it in no way means that you can't make money. It just means you can't compare yourself for someone who has been doing this 5-10 years.
-Both the BBW sites you have signed up with are not among the most popular sites. You have to work on a site that is bringing you traffic.
-LiveJasmin has 100 things wrong with it and if you signed up with them I am going to assume you didn't do much research or got your information from advertisements instead of real people.
-SM can take a while to approve models, if it has been more than a week I would absolutely email them and inquire about the status of your approval.
-Guys asking for poop, pee, etc are guys who were never going to pay you in the first place.
-Not having a twitter or tumblr isn't going to keep anyone from finding out what you do. It's so much more likely that you will be outed because someone will find you on cam or find a capped show on a tube site. A lot of ladies cam secretly and no one ever finds out because they do a lot of research, take the precautions that are necessary, and get lucky. There is not one thing you can ever do or not do with this job that will guarantee no one in your personal life is going to find out.
-Three privates in a week can happen depending on how many hours you are working. It's all about putting the time in. Camming isn't easy money but it's important to realize that it isn't fast money either.

If you're serious about putting the work in that camming takes then get verified as a model here and rather than starting another thread, read all the threads that are already out there. Pick a site and then read the hundreds of pages that this forum has on said site.

Three privates isn't bad... :wacky: In the modeling market today, that's decent. Camming isn't as easy as people make it seem! I've barely started becoming a consistent, fluid, observant model and I'm hardly raking in $50 a day. It takes time!

Hey, I'm having a little similiar problem. In april I started to work in studio where we were working on chaturbate and mfc, I wasn't making crazy money plus studio was taking it's 40%, but stil it wasn't that bad, I got around 1000tok per shift most of times. I quited cause they were putting too much pressure, to much stupid rules and shiet, I didn't wanted to work as a slave. Meanwhile I am trying to find new job I joined chaturbate on my own. And I am trying to be more open, more relaxed, I cam only when I know I'm in good condition but still it's not even half of what I was earning. I know that I don't have great cam and light at home... Same goes for followers, in studio I had around 1600 followers in 2 months, but right now I have 200. I have some of my pals back on new account, but I don't get why there's this big difference. Like right now I just keep crossing my fingers for every payout to reach the minimum. I was reading topics here with tips, I used them and still sit here wondering what am I doing wrong. I need help. :<

there is also a giant social aspect to it that you can learn to manipulate yourself, if you are engaged and activating users in chat their more likely to chat and actually want to tip .. some girls ive seen have issues just sit there on cam and pretty much do nothing an expect tips .. if you jump in and spy on models that have 1500+users you'll find a commonality that they are all engaged with their users/mods .. some ppl are just shy initially.. ive made a few friends through camming and have been on the otherside helping text spamming them "omg SMILE u look like u want to die" or "ok stop being a moderator in your room an pay attention you look like you are writing an email and not even doing a show" ..

You have an angle problem. Drop the BBW tag because it is hurting you. It is a small fetish niche and those who are into it expect a size larger than 12 while those who are not get put off by that tag. Focusing all your energy in such a small niche that isn't even a good fit for you is a big part of your problem.

You have an angle problem. Drop the BBW tag because it is hurting you. It is a small fetish niche and those who are into it expect a size larger than 12 while those who are not get put off by that tag. Focusing all your energy in such a small niche that isn't even a good fit for you is a big part of your problem.

I'm a size 20-22, and still get told that I'm "too skinny" now and then. Guys who are into bbw's want BIG girls. A 12 isn't big. That's average.

I tend to drop into allot of new model rooms.

I can't speak for other people. For me I only tip the women that I know I can get some where. When no one else is tipping on MFC that's 500 or 900 tokens. Very rarely 1875. On chatter bate it's 500, 750, 1000. If I can't tip to the home run I don't see much point. I'll move to a room where I can tip to goal or there enough tip activity that I think my tips + others will reach goal. And i'm not talking about tipping to the next tip goal.

Allot of new models don't put a tip goal Or a tip menu in topic. Personally those are the things that give me a reason to tip. Tipping for titty flashes with the motivation that it will lead to a show at the end.

Some cam sites have worse traffic than others...from what I've heard allbbws and justbbws are both "dead" sites so that might be why you aren't making the income you want to make. Also judging by your size I'd say you are not a BBW...you'd fit in the curvy category rather.

Token sites are hard...you have to innovate and do something different that will make you stand out from other models. They also take time. For some it takes a few months, others it takes a few years.

Camming itself takes time...I've been at it for 3 years and its only now that I feel like I'm actually hitting my stride and achieving the goals I want. Prior to that it was very up and down. Maybe start on a more "beginner friendly" site like Streamate where all you do is be consistent, work decent hours and give a good show. No camscore, pretty decent traffic and also a very well recognized site. See how you do there.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
.from what I've heard allbbws and justbbws are both "dead" sites so that might be why you aren't making the income you want to make.

It took me close to half a year to make the $100 payout on allBBW. That's with three years experience at the time and a full profile catering to a variety of fetishes and videos available. There are so many guys on there with no money expecting freebies, it's barely worth it.

Totally agree. I am a size 14 and girls in the BBW market would scoff at me and be offended if I tried to claim BBW. I am not skinny, not athletic, and classified as overweight (nearly obese!) by the BMI (185lbs at 5'10") and definitely know that the BBW market is not the place for me.

I'm not sure what OP looks like visually but perhaps try "curvy" or "busty" if it applies. Someone desiring BBW is definitely looking for 250+ lbs at least, in the trends I have noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.