AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Inappropriate to discus other models/ members ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banhammered
Aug 5, 2012
Inappropriate to discus other models/ members by username here, not a member of this forum?
Inappropriate to discus those who are?
I think sometimes it is ok, most times not. If it can be avoided do so.

Posting things that may hurt another (other than Mitchel ... hurt that #$%@er all u want [used to release real names, create malicious sites, and blackmail models]), such as those risking their security is definitely out. Think most would agree with this.

What of gossip here?

Generally,

we are comfortable posting the usernames of members who are clearly attempting to scam, harass, or harm models as a warning to people.

We avoid including model's usernames if we are talking about how we dislike their shows.

We are okay with including a model's name if we are talking about how we like her shows.

We are okay with including a member's name if we are talking about how cool he is.

We are not okay with including a member's name in the public section of this forum if we are just talking about how we don't like him, to avoid creating a blacklist based just on our own personal opinions.*

In any case where you are talking about your own opinions or feelings, it may be best not to use someone's name, because people get inflated when it comes to emotions and what you feel may not reflect reality.

Whether or not the person is a member of this forum shouldn't make a difference, because this is a public forum indexed by search engines and anyone can read it.

But this is only what I have seen. Other people will have other ideas.

(*Let me amend this by saying, usually when we post in "things members say that make you go wtf" or other such threads, sometimes we don't edit out the names, because it's just about laughing about silly things said, not going "every model ban this member for saying 'u wont 2 bobs out bb' in my room")

Evvie said:
Generally,

we are comfortable posting the usernames of members who are clearly attempting to scam, harass, or harm models as a warning to people.

We avoid including model's usernames if we are talking about how we dislike their shows.

We are okay with including a model's name if we are talking about how we like her shows.

We are okay with including a member's name if we are talking about how cool he is.

We are not okay with including a member's name in the public section of this forum if we are just talking about how we don't like him, to avoid creating a blacklist based just on our own personal opinions.

In any case where you are talking about your own opinions or feelings, it may be best not to use someone's name, because people get inflated when it comes to emotions and what you feel may not reflect reality.

Whether or not the person is a member of this forum shouldn't make a difference, because this is a public forum indexed by search engines and anyone can read it.

I agree with all ...thx E.
You seem very security conscious? ...always seems to be the first thing you think of :think: .

Maniac said:
Evvie said:
Generally,

We are not okay with including a member's name in the public section of this forum if we are just talking about how we don't like him, to avoid creating a blacklist based just on our own personal opinions.

I agree with all ...thx E.
You seem very security conscious? ...always seems to be the first thing you think of :think: .
Actually, I am not super worried about security. I am not afraid of people in my life finding out about what I do or of people from MFC stalking me.

However, I do think the Internet has a very long memory and it's impossible to get things to go away forever. I am very conscious of what I say about other people on the Internet. If I am going to use someone's name and talk about them, I want to be very sure that I will be 100% okay with that person reading what I'm saying. If it is a situation where someone is causing harm in the community, I am okay with talking about them. But if it's my own opinion ("oh, that model is such a skank") I think it would be pretty low and bitchy to talk about that person behind their back in a public forum like this.

I always treat anything I say on the Internet the same as in real life.

If you wouldn't say it in real life, then don't hide behind a computer and username and post it on the internet.

On the internet I'm more cautious because I have a dark, sarcastic sense of humour and that often doesn't translate well in text. Even with 50 million smilies after a phrase it seems too easy to insult and offend some people without trying. :(

Expect anything you say to be around for a long time after it's posted, even if you delete it. Things I posted 7+ years ago can still be found if you know the name to look for in Google. At the moment Facebook & Co may play loose and fast with privacy, but for short term Google caches pages and for long term projects like the Internet Archive: Wayback Machine can be quite an eye opener. http://archive.org/web/web.php

And yes, the Wayback Machine knows about profiles.myfreecams.com, 20000+ profiles worth. I was curious so looked :lol:

One word of caution, if you search the wayback machine for something it doesn't know about it'll add it and start archiving the changes.

Evvie said:

People seem to be quite vocal about calling me an asshole. :cool:

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
bawksy said:
Evvie said:

Well, yes, but you like it.

:cool:

Reactions: AmberCutie
In any cases posting things on forum's should be thought through before you send. Sometimes something will slip in that might offend, but generally you should always check your wording etc, and if you've said something that might offend you should explain yourself. Like Evvie said, the internet lasts a long time, and it's public. Things that you might be able to say to someone you talk to a lot in a pm or real life can be taken extremely differently by a group of total strangers reading the words. People have a lot more courage when behind a computer, in real life most of the time if someone says something twattish/offensive who you don't really know you'll think 'what a prick' and probably tell your friends later, maybe give him/her a dirty look at the time, but besides that you won't mention it to the person (I am english and we're known for this so I don't speak for everyone). Over the internet on the other hand, someone says something mildly offensive, we can go and type out our opinions and get all bothered by it without having to get into actual confrontation, every time I've seen someone banned on here it's been from this, they've clearly seen it in their head and thought 'great idea'! Everyone else has read it completely differently, the author of the post doesn't accept it/realise what the issue is and just keeps digging a hole.

bawksy said:
Evvie said:

But it's usually within reason and not (to my knowledge) behind your back. It's all done in a way you can argue against it. ;P

Evvie said:
bawksy said:
Evvie said:

Well, yes, but you like it.

:cool:
And just a general reminder: I ask that models do not make a blacklist/name members in the models only section because the person called out does not have access to share their side of the story and defend themselves, should they choose to. In the public section, anyone can read it and join the conversation, so it's a little more accepted out here.

HOWEVER, I've always asked that flaming and hate posts be avoided. Directly attacking a member isn't good practice. We try to keep things constructive and as least confrontational as possible. I love to have this forum allow multiple opinions and points of view, but ultimately we want to keep this a fun place to be.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.