AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Indie Games

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GweenBlack

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 15, 2013
Brazil
Twitter Username
@gweenblack_
MFC Username
GweenBlack
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/94187/GweenBlack/
If you buy from Humble Bundle when they have cool indie games for sale for whatever you want to pay, you may be familiar to some titles.

Indie games are games made from independent studios or people that just wanted to build a game with their ideas.

You may be familiar to some titles like:

Super Meat Boy (incredible hard and addicting)

This game makes fun with popular games and count with help from character from other indie games, like Commander Video from Bit Trip Runner

LIMBO may be one of the most amazing games i've ever had the pleasure to play. The dark atmosphere is great and the visual is deep. Just don;t play if you hate spiders.

The Binding of Isaac, from Edmund, one of the creators of Super Meat Boy

My favorite game ever. You will rage quit, kill fetus and will be yelling around the house "FUCK YEAH I GOT CANCER"

Machinarium is a point and click game with steampunk artwork by Amanita Design (they have such amazing movies with puppets :h:) and the puzzles are fun to solve. What I like the most about it is the artwork. Reminds of the movie Nine.

I could go and go further with thsi thread, with titles like Amnesia, for the ones who have balls to play it and VVVVVV for the pixel art pleasure, but the last one i trully recommend made me cry like a little girl (hehe) and is the best plot I've ever seen in a game. Really, the story is the best one i've ever seen in anything. Books, Movies, Games, Songs....nothing like:

To The Moon is such an amazing game and worth every penny you ever spent in a game.

The soundtrack will give you deep thoughts and move with your heart.

PLAY TO THE MOON, GUYS. PLAY IT. IF YOU DON'T CRY PLAYING IT SEND ME PM AND I PAY YOUR GAME BACK.

Where to buy this games?

At Humble Bundle Store (keys available for steam, immediate download or origin) https://www.humblebundle.com/store

or at Steam http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Indie/

Now tell me about your favorite Indie Games :D

Based on total hours spent (still) playing, I'd have to say my favorite indie, hands down, is Minecraft. Hell, I'm even neck-deep in the culture. I watch let's plays, I read Minecraft comics, I wait with bated breath for new installments of Minecraft fanimations. It's been this way for me for years, now. Whenever I get a need to get away from the real world, but still need to feel like I'm being productive, it's all about the Minecraft.

Other than that, I do have a bit of a preference for sandbox-style games. The new trend of metroidvania dig-and-build games has had me hooked for the past few months. Terraria is great fun.

Starbound is similar to Terraria, but with a space exploration theme. It is still in beta, but it's definitely playable, and it shows great potential.

I've got a lot of the games you've already mentioned. And, really, when it comes to indie games, I tend to go a bit more casual. I have spent a whole lot of time with Rovio and pre-EA-buyout PopCap games. And I love tower defense games, like Bloons TD, Fieldrunners, Orcs Must Die!, Kingdom Rush, Defense Grid, and so on and so on... Ever since I discovered Desktop Tower Defense, years ago, it has been a genre that I can't get enough of. I know that indies have become more and more notable for the fact that they are doing quite a lot with a little, especially when it comes to gameplay innovation and storytelling, but to me, they're also the guys who are making the best games where you can just turn off your brain and have some colorful fun for a couple of hours. When I want to unwind, I look to indies.

Reactions: GweenBlack
We can't talk indie games with mentioning Hotline Miami:

If running killing Russian mobsters with gruesome 8 bit violence set to 80's dance music piques your're interest, then I highly suggest picking the game up.

A sequel is already set to release this summer and looks just as awesome as the first game:

Hotline Miami was so hard playing with mouse and keyboard i gave up, just like super meat boy. But the games does look amazing!

Terraria is great, i really like it much better than Minecraft, the best part is playing in a server with friends. I am alway building the house and they are hunting down for new stuff haha i really like it.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Just thought I'd mention Daedalic is having a sale on their games this weekend. You can find it under the Indie Games top seller section on steam. $50 for 9 games or you can buy them individually on sale.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 4_12_2014 , 9_08_44 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 4_12_2014 , 9_08_44 PM.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot - 4_12_2014 , 9_06_40 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 4_12_2014 , 9_06_40 PM.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: candymatic
Does the Trials series count as indie? Two of my favorite games this gen. Trials Fusion comes out Wednesday, should be sweet.

PunkInDrublic said:
Does the Trials series count as indie? Two of my favorite games this gen. Trials Fusion comes out Wednesday, should be sweet.

Certainly, the first couple were. The franchise has since been bought out by Ubisoft, I believe. I'm always tempted to get it whenever I see it on sale. The guys at Rooster Teeth make it look like a lot of fun.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
I love indie games!! I love the art and process behind them, which reminds me... does anyone else know about LA Gamespace?

It's a center for videogame art, design, and research opening soon. They plan to have residencies, exhibitions, research programs, workshops, speaker series, and more! It's really exciting for artists and game developers imo! Not to mention all of the exhibitions and LAGS programs will be posted/archived online so everyone can participate, even if you're not in LA. They started a kickstarter in 2012 that raised $300k to create the center and promote independent video game publishers and creators. The kickstarter offered "30 indie games for $15," although (at my count) currently only 22 games (and a "Indie Classics Bundle" including 5 games) have been released.

I have all of the games saved and ready for playing but it's just matter of getting started with the hefty collection! I was thinking about doing "Let's Plays" and reviews of each game for my youtube channel... if I do end up posting vids, I'll let you know.

Anyway, you can see a list of the games from the first released "Experimental Game Pack" here, although you can't seem to buy the games anywhere anymore. :'(

Reactions: GweenBlack and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.