AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

IndieBill - 85% revshare, chargeback protection & automatic content delivery

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2016
Paris, France
go.getindiebill.com
Twitter Username
@getindiebill
Hello everyone,

We've launched IndieBill, a payment method designed specifically for indie cam models & adult entrepreneurs in general. We payout 85%, protect you from chargebacks & automatically deliver sold content to your customers.

With us you can start accepting credit card payments anonymously within 24 hours and without any setup cost. Payouts are also sent for free twice a month.

We're also building free websites for the models working with us (here is a quick example).

Below you will find detailed information about IndieBill as well as getting a website with us. Of course, do not hesitate to ask questions. We gladly answer any and all questions, including on our tech and business metrics.

Please note that we're still in Beta because we don't quite have as many features as we'd like, however it works very well and it's absolutely stable - we crashed about an hour over 2 months.

**The earnings**

Unlike traditional payment service providers like CCBill, there's no need to pay $500 to $1000 in annual fees to Visa / MasterCard. However, we charge a $0.95 service fee per transaction (not per content to customers) so here are the maths on the earning side:

- if your customer spends $10, then you earn $7.7 (9.05 * 85%)
- if your customer spends $20, then you earn $16.2 (19.05 * 85%)
- if your customer spends $100, then you earn $84.2

There are no other fees into IndieBill, and you are protected from chargebacks.

**How it works**

Please know that you can sign up with just an email at https://www.getindiebill.com/beta/signup and fully test how it works, everything will be functional except for payments.

In order to start accepting payments, you need to verify your identity. It generally takes between a few minutes and 24 hours to get validated (everything that you created during your text will become fully functional).

There are 3 sections: "Content" is where you upload, "Products" where you can create payment pages and "Sales" to keep track of everything (emails of your customers are also displayed there).

Please note that you currently always need to pick a content in order to create a payment page, so to sell Skype shows or receive tips for example, I recommend to upload a 'dummy' picture saying "Thank you for your order". That will be fixed in a few weeks as we roll out our new version and get out of beta.

Payment pages are responsive and very simple: there's no need to sign up, no need to click around and the payment form is displayed directly for increased conversion. We only ask customers for their email & credit card credentials so that it's quick and anonymous - no need for full name & address like on C4S and many other sites.

Here is a payment page example from a model working with us: https://www.getindiebill.com/store/checkout/feb7e044-57c6-4795-93cf-57ea28581971

As soon as a customer purchases, you're notified by email with the information about the sale as well as your customer's email. Customers are yours, we don't reach out to them (except in case of technical or billing issues) and we don't advertise other models.

On his end, the customer is able to download the content right after purchase and also has access to his personal library of purchased content if he wishes to download them again later on.

**Payouts**

Payouts are sent twice a month, the 15 and last day of the month. We've got free wires for most countries of the world including CA / US / all of EU.

Via wire transfer, the payout minimum is $25 for EU sellers and $100 for the other countries. Additionally we're able to send you your money in the currency of your choice at no extra cost, this way you get the mid-market rate instead of high bank fees.

We're also to payout via Paxum (free, $25 min) and Payoneer private load which comes at a 3% fee for you I believe. If you'd like to be paid through another mean, don't hesitate to ask: we try to offer solutions that suit everyone (but we'd rather avoid checks in the mail).

**Support**

On each IndieBill page is a chat bubble at the bottom right that you (and your customers) can use anytime to reach out to us. It goes directly to our phones and we do our best to answer live when we can, or within 24 hours.

We're only 2 people running the business at the moment however, so it's not always possible. We're based in Paris, France so that's +6 to +9 compared to USA - meaning we're often sleeping between during your late evening.

You can count on us to answer any and all questions.

**Getting a site built with us**

We're building and putting online free websites for indie cam models & adult performers who wish to sell with IndieBill. We pay for the hosting, get the coding done and deploy it online (you may also do it on your own if you prefer since we hand you over the code).

Here is a quick example for you to have a better idea of what we can achieve: http://wip.getindiebill.com/patriciaxxx/a1845dc5-8cab-4e4b-9f2e-8e70ede7f095/home_profile.html

The only thing you need is a domain, and well spending a bit of time with the team so we can gather your requirements, feedback and tailor the site to your needs. Of course, it is and will always be your website. Meaning we hand you over the HTML, CSS & JavaScript and you can change it as you like, use other payment service providers etc.

If you already have a website and just would like to add credit card processing / a store section, no problem we help all the same (here is an example of a store powered by us and inserted in an existing site).

About the site:

- it's responsive (works on mobiles and tablets)
- it sells contents which are delivered automatically to customers (up to 15 GB per file)
- it can process any transaction for digital contents & services (Skype shows, tips, tributes, etc.)
- it's your site, you can display other payment methods etc. as you see fit
- we can adapt it and tailor it to your needs
- it's free, except if you'd rather host it yourself then you have to pay for your hosting (the coding is always free)

Getting your site up and running takes from 3 to 10 days assuming you're available at least 4 hours for getting your part of the job done, mainly: giving feedback and requirements, uploading your contents and creating your payment pages on IndieBill. It takes about 4 hours work for you but you can split it up in many small sessions if you'd like.

We can absolutely add / modify / delete pages according to your needs.

**Customized payment page design**

We're able to customize your payment pages' design so that your customers stay in your universe throughout their purchase.

Here is an example: https://www.getindiebill.com/store/checkout/64379bde-af4d-425d-a2af-05a9418045b4

The service is free, however it still takes quite some time for us to provide custom designs so at the moment we're only doing it for models who 'shows' that they'll be selling at least for $300 / week. Once we work out the details better, it'll become freely accessible.

**New version**

We're working on a new version that should be live around the end of the month. This new version will make IndieBill more powerful and flexible, in particular we'll be adding a shopping cart and specific payment pages for the main products (Skype shows, videos, tips etc.) with additional features.

It will also allow us to have a more solid ground to build new features, in particular we're aiming to provide recurring billing and APIs (it allows other developers to build cool things on top of our tech) in the incoming months.

We look forward to your questions and working with you.

I'm obviously just hearing about this, but so far this sounds promising. One thing I'm wondering, since you seem open to having your service work with models' existing sites, is if you'd considered the possibility of integrating as a payment gateway for existing shopping carts such as WooCommerce, etc. The brief API mention piqued my interest. I very much would prefer to have a site that's entirely under my own control, but the thing that's held be back from really going forward with this properly is that besides Bitcoin and off-site payments that need to be manually verified, there are really no adult-friendly payment gateways available to me. I don't know how many others are looking for a similar solution, but i would personally be overjoyed.

@Lintilla Yes we'd love to integrate with existing e-commerce solutions, once the APIs are ready we'll be able to build some integrations (as well as other developers if they'd like) but that will take time since we're only 2 at the moment.

I do not think we will have any third party integrations ready before 2017 since our current focus is more to build the tech that would be offered by third parties directly into IndieBill, so to make it better as a 'stand alone' first. For example, in case of shopping cart we're first aiming for an integration into your site through a JavaScript snippet we'll provide (kinda like adding Google Analytics) and relying fully onto our own tech.

You can already use IndieBill while keeping your site entirely under your control: you simply need to redirect to IndieBill for payment whenever needed by placing your payment page URLs in the corresponding buttons / call-to-actions.

And if some parts prove more difficult for you to build / operate, such as a store with filters or a section to showcase your toys & outfits we can build it for you and give you an iFrame to insert in your site.

Let me know if you have more questions, I think you can already achieve what you envision using for example Wix.com and it'll become better and better as we roll out new features.

@RebeccaT Thank you for letting me know, until now everybody has chosen free wires so I wasn't aware Payoneer took down the private load feature : / I want to edit my initial post so that readers don't get the wrong information, but apparently I cannot?

Unfortunately Payoneer refused to work with us because we're a new company and they ask for 12 months existence. We've tried to 'sneak in' reaching out several times trying to get a different answer, but that didn't work out. We have to wait till around December.

May I ask you why getting your money wired for free is not a relevant option for you?

[USER=4603]@RebeccaT
Thank you for letting me know, until now everybody has chosen free wires so I wasn't aware Payoneer took down the private load feature : / I want to edit my initial post so that readers don't get the wrong information, but apparently I cannot?

Unfortunately Payoneer refused to work with us because we're a new company and they ask for 12 months existence. We've tried to 'sneak in' reaching out several times trying to get a different answer, but that didn't work out. We have to wait till around December.

May I ask you why getting your money wired for free is not a relevant option for you?[/USER]

I'm in the UK and such transactions to my business account incur too many charges. Also, a lot of UK banks will not accept payments from sites which do not comply with age-verfication rules.

• Helpful!
Reactions: IndieBill
@RebeccaT Thank you for sharing additional details.

Please know that we'd be wiring you the money via the SEPA network and can wire you pounds directly so that you have no fees when receiving your money. Unless I'm missing something particular to your case here, I'm afraid you're assuming that we'd be sending you an international wire transfer (SWIFT network) like many adult sites do and for which there are high fees on both the sender and receiver's end.

We're able to wire the money to your business account or personal account depending on your preference, your bank would not be aware that it's money coming from earnings on an adult site - we've kept our name clean or even our own bank would not work with us, and it's going through a partner specialized in payouts.

We do comply with age-verification rules in France by the way, but maybe UK has more extensive ones.

Please know that if you'd like to see it work instead of taking my word for it, I'd be happy to wire you a small amount today.

I wish you a great evening

What do you mean Payoneer doesn't accept private loads? It does and I just received two today.
The link is paynow(dot)payoneer(dot)com unless there is some other kind of private loads you're talking about?

Since you are asking people to trust you with their earnings, perhaps there should be a little more information about who the "we" are.

Hmmm...there are posts about Payoneer no longer taking private loads. We all got miffed about it. It still crops up in other threads. Someone enlighten me here, please.

What do you mean Payoneer doesn't accept private loads? It does and I just received two today.
The link is paynow(dot)payoneer(dot)com unless there is some other kind of private loads you're talking about?

Yet another reason the UK should not be leaving the EU!

No worries, I'm pretty sure UK will remain remain part of the SEPA network: quite a few countries are members of SEPA whereas they're not part of the EU (for example Romania). Let me know if you would like to proceed to a test or if the information sounds good enough.

@AlisaMae Thanks for the info, I'm glad it still works and we can use it to payout then :) The last time I personally used it was about a year ago, may I ask you what fees Payoneer takes when you receive a private load?

Since you are asking people to trust you with their earnings, perhaps there should be a little more information about who the "we" are.

@Sevrin Sure. We're two people behind IndieBill at the moment, both co-founders, and we sometimes hire freelancers when there are things to get done that are not particularly appealing to us (or too much time consuming).

I'm 26, graduated from a French business school with a specialization in entrepreneurship. I have around 3 years work in the adult industry (as well as 6 months in a bank).

I started selling sextoys in home meetings (kinda like TupperWare) and from there gradually got into the web part of the business, first working for sextoys e-commerce sites, then dating and cam.

I mostly worked for a big European cam network (where I also met my partner Ludovic) as market researcher and data analyst - I love crunching numbers!

I'm the CEO of IndieBill and handle most of what is not deeply technical - I know how to code, but when it comes to complex systems with security requirements I'm not skilled enough to even dare to touch it. I'm the one who is developing the free websites for example.

You can check my LinkedIn if you'd like some more information, and of course don't hesitate to ask questions.

My partner Ludovic is the CTO and currently handles all of the development on his own. He's an architect and PHP developer with ten years of experience in mainstream e-commerce and ad-networks.

Prior to IndieBill (the last few years) he was working as an architect and managing other developers for MobPartner (a mobile ad network) and My Little Paris (a company selling mainly suscriptions to boxes full of cosmetics). He is specialized in test-driven development and API driven development.

Basically if you've got a system working for a thousand people and would like to scale it up so that it can be used by a million, he is the guy that you would want to talk to.

You can check his LinkedIn or GitHub for more information, or indeed simply ask out.

We've started IndieBill because we did not like working for the European cam site, as we saw it they had terrible tech and were offering a pretty bad deal to models (25 - 30%). Therefore, we thought it has no future whereas the nascent Indie movement in the adult industry is something we were much more interested into.

We believe that with great tech becoming increasingly accessible for free, individuals or small groups may now tackle works which were previously requiring large organizations and resources.

However, when it comes to adult, many companies are often denying access to their solutions. As a result, adult entrepreneurs cannot use much of the awesome tech available for developing their businesses. We don't see any valid reason why people building legal businesses should not be able to do so relying on the same great tools as everyone else and we want to change that.

Of course changing things is always complex and very time-consuming, that's why we're purposely starting rather small: for now we're building the best solution for you to sell directly to your audience.

We believe selling content for gift card is a rather clunky process - too many manual operations -, and getting your own customers to buy on sites paying 60% ain't exactly fair either. We want any adult entrepreneur to be able to easily sell content while getting a fair amount: your customers, your content, your money.

We’re young, we’re relentless, and with your support we’ll see it through one step at a time. Let’s make a dent in the universe together! :)

Hmmm...there are posts about Payoneer no longer taking private loads. We all got miffed about it. It still crops up in other threads. Someone enlighten me here, please.
As far as I know, they didn't like cam models listing their private load option on their websites and profiles. I've been using it for friends and cam sites members to send me money directly for more than a year now, multiple times a week.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad it still works and we can use it to payout then :) The last time I personally used it was about a year ago, may I ask you what fees Payoneer takes when you receive a private load?
There are no fees for me but the sender pays a small percentage, as far as I know.

I really wanted to like this but a lot of my traffic purchases one clip at a time. With the 95c transaction fee, there is little to no difference between this and the 70%-75% cut I receive at sites like IWantClips.

This would only be good with a true 85% cut, for me and my traffic.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck!

Hello everyone,

To answer Princess Mika comment, I've put together a small chart which makes very clear the difference in earnings between us and IWC (70%, they offer 75% only on tips I believe):

photo libre

I believe this is a substantial as we're quickly offering about 15% increased earnings, up to 20%. Of course, I let everyone judge depending on his own business metrics.

Besides the above monetary advantage, you also benefit from other perks when working with us. Mainly:

- We fully protect you from chargebacks whereas IWC do not according to online reviews (can someone confirm?).

- You can sell Skype shows, your SnapChat, PDF applications etc. not only videos / tips

- You do not need to leak your traffic over to a marketplace which is going to consider customers as theirs and hence advertise other models / content to your customers

- You get the email of your customers immediately after purchase, which I believe IWC keep for itself

- Our payment form is extremely quick, anonymous and efficient: there's no clicking around, no need to sign up, which overall speeds up the process for your customers and result from increased sales. Here are screenshots to show the difference:

IndieBill:

Directly on the payment page.

iWantClips:

Reached after a few clicks.

A major drawback we have compared to IWC is the lack of a shopping cart, but this will be solved when the summer ends. Please note that the $0.95 service fee is per transaction and not per content / service.

Let me know if you have questions, we're totally transparent about the earnings and I'd be pleased to help anyone decide how much working with IndieBill would be worth for them depending on the amount of sales they generate and where the sales currently happen.

• Helpful!
Reactions: hottieheidiii
Please note that the $0.95 service fee is per transaction and not per content / service.
I'm a little unclear what you mean by this. Are you saying that there's a 95 cent fee on entire orders, not individual clips? If someone buys 1 thing in total there's a 95 cent fee, and if they buy 100 things there's still only a 95 cent fee. Is this correct?

Reactions: housewifeswag
I'm a little unclear what you mean by this. Are you saying that there's a 95 cent fee on entire orders, not individual clips? If someone buys 1 thing in total there's a 95 cent fee, and if they buy 100 things there's still only a 95 cent fee. Is this correct?

Absolutely: if you price something $20 in IndieBill the price seen by customer will be $20.95 and you will earn $17 (20 * 85%).

If for example you zip 5 clips together into a bundle and price it $50, then your customers will see $50.95 - not $50 + 5 * $0.95 - and you will earn $42.5 (50 * 85%).

For now we don't have a cart, so the behavior is harder to notice but when the cart is live here is how it will work out: if your customers selects for example 5 items priced $20 each then the amount to checkout will be $100.95 and you earn $85 for the sale.

With the cart addition we'll also make the interface clearer (kinda like its done on AirBNB with their service fee) so that it does display the price of each item, the price of the service fee, and the total price to checkout. Currently we only display the total price on payment pages.

This service fee is not an attempt to mess up with the percentage: it's the only way we could propose 85% without losing money on smaller transactions. Otherwise we'd be losing money every time there's a $4 sale for example since we also have flat fees to pay per transaction (to our partners + tech costs + content delivery + chargeback probability).

However we've had complains about it from many models saying that it was making the pricing more complicated since they have to account for it - in particular they said they'd prefer to pay a flat fee per transaction on their own so that it's invisible for their customers.

We'd love to change it in the below way in the future, and I'd love to hear what you think about.

We'd like to remove the service fee altogether on the customer end and instead it replace it with 2 fees on the model's end:

- a flat fee per transaction, which should be around $0.40

- a fee in case of content delivery, depending on the size of the file(s) to deliver (directly related to our own costs to deliver a file)

This would work greatly for us as the pricing would be directly correlated to our own costs. I believe it'd be better for you as well since the fee would be lower when there's no file to deliver (tips, Skype shows, snapchat sales and so forth) and directly related to the file size when there's is one - which is more fair and gives more leeway.

I hope I made everything clear, let me know if it is not the case. I look forward to your feedback

Thank you @RebelleDoll ! We're building it for you, and we obviously cannot build it right without you. So as I see it it's perfectly normal, I'm surprised it's not usual!

• Hugs
Reactions: RebelleHart
I agree that it's awesome to have someone so receptive. I don't mean to sound negative but I just want to make sure everyone understands how this works. It took me a few minutes to really grasp it.

For me, I sell clips as a big part of my income. So, let's say I have a clip that is $7.99 on all my clip sites. If I used IndieBilling, I would ideally want to be able to sell this clip at a lower price to my traffic. This is because I would be providing most (if not all) of the traffic to IndieBill and having it at a lower price clearly gives my customer a reason to use IndieBilling over the clip site - especially when the clip site is already so convenient to most customers, as their information is already there and they most likely buy from a variety of different models.

So, why would that customer sign up to a totally new site just for me? My answer to this is a lower price but, with the current model, it is difficult to do that. Allow me to explain.

If I want my customers to buy my clip at $7.99, I actually have to price the clip at $7.04 ($7.99-0.95c) in order to account for the customer paying the $0.95c transaction fee. If I priced it at $7.99, as on my clip sites, the customer would actually pay $8.94 ($7.99 + 0.95c).

Then, I get 85% of $7.04, not 85% of $7.99. Therefore, in this transaction, I'd receive a commission of $5.98 with IndieBill. In this same transaction, I'd receive $5.59 on IWantClips. I'd make 39c more on IndieBill selling it at the exact same price as on my clip sites. This is still a profit and the profit gets better and better when the price of the clip is higher, especially if my customer were to buy more than one clip because the $0.95c is per transaction and not per clip.

However, again, my traffic (and perhaps many clip sellers have this same experience) usually only buys one clip at a time. Also, for me, this is a lot of work to set up a brand new store front. I have several hundred videos for sale. No matter what I do, I feel it's a very time consuming risk whether I upload every single one of my clips or only upload my best sellers or only upload video bundles. Again, I'd have to supply my own traffic anyway and, at this point, I might as well just leave it on the clip sites.

This goes along with what the IndieBill website states - that it's great to be able to offer lower prices because our commission of "85%" is so high. However, in practice, this wasn't really possible for me, due to the $0.95c transaction fee. In my same example of my $7.99 clip, I cannot really price this that much lower (such as $6.99) and still make a worthy profit.

If this was truly 85%, it'd be a different story but accounting for the customer paying this $0.95c transaction fee ruins this service for me and my traffic.

I hope this helps explain things to other models here :) You can decide if this will work for you.

@Lintilla Yes we'd love to integrate with existing e-commerce solutions, once the APIs are ready we'll be able to build some integrations (as well as other developers if they'd like) but that will take time since we're only 2 at the moment.

I do not think we will have any third party integrations ready before 2017 since our current focus is more to build the tech that would be offered by third parties directly into IndieBill, so to make it better as a 'stand alone' first. For example, in case of shopping cart we're first aiming for an integration into your site through a JavaScript snippet we'll provide (kinda like adding Google Analytics) and relying fully onto our own tech.

You can already use IndieBill while keeping your site entirely under your control: you simply need to redirect to IndieBill for payment whenever needed by placing your payment page URLs in the corresponding buttons / call-to-actions.

And if some parts prove more difficult for you to build / operate, such as a store with filters or a section to showcase your toys & outfits we can build it for you and give you an iFrame to insert in your site.

Let me know if you have more questions, I think you can already achieve what you envision using for example Wix.com and it'll become better and better as we roll out new features.

I already have a website and shopping cart, which is why I specifically asked about a payment gateway as opposed to inserting a frame, etc. The only reason I haven't put more work into fully building my site out is that I cannot easily take credit/debit payments. So that's literally the only function I want or need. I also would very much prefer to continue hosting my own content. If uploading my videos to your site is necessary to use your service, that wouldn't help me with this problem, and it seems like that's currently the only way it works? If you ever rolled out the ability JUST to accept and confirm payments, that'd be what I'm looking for, but at the moment I'm not interested in duplicating all of my videos/descriptions/etc. onto yet another site. So I guess what I'm saying is... you already have too MANY features for me :p

Reactions: Booty_4U
Hello everyone,

First I'd like to address some of Princess Mika's concerns about us not being profitable enough to justify moving from IWC to IndieBill.

So, why would that customer sign up to a totally new site just for me?

Please know that there is no sign up required with IndieBill to go through the purchase process: email and credit card credentials is all that is needed.

My answer to this is a lower price but, with the current model, it is difficult to do that.

I believe besides offering a lower price per clip there are a few perks that could have your customers move over to your own site to order:

- With us you can list everything that you want in one place: it's your site and therefore you are not limited by the clip store's feature, you can list any services that you sell and even propose other payment methods for which you keep more of the money

- Your customers will know that the vendor cut is lower and hence that you get to keep more of the money per sale. Not everybody cares about this, but often times customers prefer knowing that their money ends up in the model's pockets instead of some site in the middle

- A better URL for traffic acquisition: we've got a successful model working with us and driving a ton of traffic to her store through posting trailers with introduction / watermark & credits to tube sites. It's much easier to drive people to princessmika.com with a watermark than to https://iwantclips.com/store/10852/Princess-Mika (and much better to have all of your services listed for these people, instead of clips only)
--> By the way, if you are interested in implementing a similar promotion strategy for your business we gladly help with it

If I want my customers to buy my clip at $7.99, I actually have to price the clip at $7.04 ($7.99-0.95c) in order to account for the customer paying the $0.95c transaction fee. If I priced it at $7.99, as on my clip sites, the customer would actually pay $8.94 ($7.99 + 0.95c).

Then, I get 85% of $7.04, not 85% of $7.99. Therefore, in this transaction, I'd receive a commission of $5.98 with IndieBill. In this same transaction, I'd receive $5.59 on IWantClips. I'd make 39c more on IndieBill selling it at the exact same price as on my clip sites. This is still a profit and the profit gets better and better when the price of the clip is higher, especially if my customer were to buy more than one clip because the $0.95c is per transaction and not per clip.

The maths are absolutely correct. However I'm surprised you're basing your calculations onto a $7.99 price only whereas when I look at your store it looks like your average selling price is more into $10.99 - $11.99 range.

Please know that if you provide me with distribution of your sales I'm able to tell you exactly how much more you would earn per sale on average. I mean just percentages of course, not your actual sales volume.

For example 20% of sales at $7.99, 30% of sales at $9.99, 25% of sales at $10.99, 15% of sales at $11.99 and 10% of sales at $15.99 would mean that you'd earn $8.32 per sale on average with us instead of $7.52 with IWC (assuming 1 clip is sold per transaction).

Also, for me, this is a lot of work to set up a brand new store front. I have several hundred videos for sale.

Setting up a store with 150 videos would take about 4 hours work on your side, +2 hours if you want the other pages as well (home / spoil me / skype shows / custom videos etc.). Indeed I'm also able to add you an FAQ, a section to showcase your toys & outfits etc.

Please know that if you're interested, I'd love to build you your own site with us starting without a store. This way you'd only spend about 2 hours to get it up and running, for the store I'd simply put your IWC in the page and you'd benefit from all the other pages which can be quite useful.

Later on, if you wish to, we can replace IWC with your own Indie store.

If this was truly 85%, it'd be a different story but accounting for the customer paying this $0.95c transaction fee ruins this service for me and my traffic.

I do really wish we were able to offer this at the moment while building a sustainable business, however maths are cold and the numbers don't add up for us when it comes to small transactions.

In the future we wish to offer an even better split in favor of models, it would allow us to work with more people indeed and also avoid . May I ask you what you think about the fee rework that I proposed above? For a sale of one 500 MB clip you would have a fee around $0.60 instead of $0.95.

Please know that I do understand how look at the situation and why you believe we're not providing enough of mark up to justify moving forward. I also would love us to become more competitive on smaller transactions, and we will make it happen once our sales volume is higher (because our fees would then drop as well).

@Lintilla you're raising some very interesting points, I got to explain a bit how we're legally structured in order to answer.

I also would very much prefer to continue hosting my own content. If uploading my videos to your site is necessary to use your service, that wouldn't help me with this problem, and it seems like that's currently the only way it works?

The trick is we're not a payment service provider, we're an e-commerce website which has been structured / designed for you to sell easily.

That's why there's no need to pay $1000 annually to Visa / MasterCard to process payments with us, and that's why there's no need to be incorporated as well (which are both mandatory if you would process payments with CCBill for example).

We came up with this to make it as easy as possible to start processing payments with us (it's perfectly legal, several mainstream startups do very similar things). Unfortunately it also comes with a major drawback: it means we can only sell content which we host and deliver ourselves, or services from models who have been verified with us.

By law, if you want to sell content / services with a partner which does not have to know what you're selling exactly then it will be mandatory for you to incorporate, go through the compliance process of a classic payment service provider, pay $1000 annually and handle the day to day management of your merchant account (frauds etc.).

I already have a website and shopping cart, which is why I specifically asked about a payment gateway as opposed to inserting a frame, etc. The only reason I haven't put more work into fully building my site out is that I cannot easily take credit/debit payments. So that's literally the only function I want or need.

To my knowledge there is no adult friendly payment service provider which easily integrates with third party carts today, so I can't recommend another company which would be more adapted than us.

Once we do offer a shopping cart, would not you be interested in relying onto it to run your store? You would not really need the third party any longer, unless there's a reason I'm missing?

I wish you all a great Sunday.

Hello everyone,

I hope everything is going alright for you.

I just wanted to share 2 sites we've recently deployed for models, so that you can have a look at some real websites we've built. We've just added the ability to put video previews in the store also, which is pretty useful to sell more.

- Black background color scheme: http://www.aeriesm.com
--> Here you can see the version with video previews in the store, going to be live soon: http://wip.getindiebill.com/aerie/37b7e30f-32d1-4d66-bc82-6eae9a24c06c/store.html

- Light background color scheme: http://www.allhailkatana.com/
--> You can also see an FAQ page in this site

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think about it - we're looking forward to keep making better sites. And of course, if you'd like a site of your own simply reach out through the live chat on http://go.getindiebill.com (the service is completely free).

I wish you all a great day,
Gérald from IndieBill

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
I don't know if this is possible/something you've considered, but I'd love to have a payment page similar to cash.me pages! I mostly sell custom videos, and the prices vary depending on the length, props needed, etc, so for me it would be ideal to have a page where the customer can type in the cash amount they want to send :)

I've been on IndieBill for a while now. I enjoy selling content packs rather than a video at a time. I haven't reached my first payout with them yet, but I look forward to it.

We look forward to it as well :) Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you'd like a neat store or site, it can help you make more money with us. I sent you a couple emails about it actually but did not want to spam you further since you didn't answer.

I don't know if this is possible/something you've considered, but I'd love to have a payment page similar to cash.me pages! I mostly sell custom videos, and the prices vary depending on the length, props needed, etc, so for me it would be ideal to have a page where the customer can type in the cash amount they want to send :)

Yes absolutely, this will part of the next version: customers will be able to input the amount they want to pay :)
(on specific payment pages that you create indeed, if you create a page for selling a video there won't be the option to input a price on it)

This new version is coming in a few weeks, we initially thought by the end of the month but it's going to be early September.

Additionally for custom videos, we plan on integrating payment pages with a form so that your customer can first go through your form, get his price, and is then redirected to a payment page displaying the proper amount. We'll be proposing forms and also want to integrate with custom forms (so that if you don't find our form generator so cool you can go along and create it elsewhere). That won't be part of the next version though, but it's coming not too after: high on priority list.

I'll update this week about a pretty cool store we've been building with kind of a C4S layout for presenting the videos. Very neat :)

I've asked this question via e-mail and the support website several times with no response, so I might as well try here: Do you guys have a weekly and/or monthly re-occurring billing option for a store item?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
@Princess Mika Hmmm that's weird, I've got all of our conversations open in our support software and our last exchange is 2 months old, which is also the last time you saw one of our pages.

That's weird. Are you sure you emailed at support@getindiebill.com ? I'm sorry if something went wrong, we're always answering pretty fast normally.

Concerning your questions:

We don't currently have recurring billing, and it won't be part of the next version either.

However, this is part of our roadmap and relatively high in terms of priority so I expect we'll have recurring billing around the end of September or during October.

The timeframe upon which the recurring billing takes place will be up to you, you will not be forced to choose between options such as 1 week or 1 month. And it won't have to be for a store item necessarily: you could perfectly well get recurring tips if you wish so.

Don't hesitate to reach out here, via email or the live chat anytime if you have questions. We do look over all media often.

@Princess Mika Hmmm that's weird, I've got all of our conversations open in our support software and our last exchange is 2 months old, which is also the last time you saw one of our pages.

That's weird. Are you sure you emailed at support@getindiebill.com ? I'm sorry if something went wrong, we're always answering pretty fast normally.

Concerning your questions:

We don't currently have recurring billing, and it won't be part of the next version either.

However, this is part of our roadmap and relatively high in terms of priority so I expect we'll have recurring billing around the end of September or during October.

The timeframe upon which the recurring billing takes place will be up to you, you will not be forced to choose between options such as 1 week or 1 month. And it won't have to be for a store item necessarily: you could perfectly well get recurring tips if you wish so.

Don't hesitate to reach out here, via email or the live chat anytime if you have questions. We do look over all media often.

I sent an e-mail August 21, 2016 with no response. I also left a message via live chat on your website twice (unsure of the exact days), with no response and no e-mail response.

Either way, thanks for answering here. Please do update via this forum when the re-occurring billing feature becomes available for store items. It is a highly requested item for me and my traffic.

I sent an e-mail August 21, 2016 with no response. I also left a message via live chat on your website twice (unsure of the exact days), with no response and no e-mail response.

Either way, thanks for answering here. Please do update via this forum when the re-occurring billing feature becomes available for store items. It is a highly requested item for me and my traffic.

Sorry about that, I've contacted you by email to try and troubleshoot the issue so that it does not happen again.

Sure will do for the recurring billing, it's going to be great for billing subscriptions like SnapChat and members areas. I really look forward to it as I don't think anyone is offering a great solution for this at the moment and our payment partner do support the feature.

When we start building this feature, we'll be contacting people who want to be early adopters and give us feedback to build it right. If you wish, I could contact you at that time? Of course, I totally understand if you'd prefer wait for it to be neat before starting to work with it.

I think IndieBill is a necessity for any one in the adult business. They are far more then just a payment processor and offer a wide variety of services that you are welcome to use as many or as few as needed. In my case they worked with me to build a CUSTOM store to my EXACT specifications for FREE. They have also spent there time directing me in ways to brand myself that I would not have otherwise thought of. You receive 85% of your sales compared to the high fee's charged by other companies. It is important to note that IndieBill charges an additional $0.95 processing fee per transaction to customers in order to cover the processing fees of the payment

EXAMPLE
You put a video up sale for $100, the customer would pay $100.95 to purchase it and you would e

arn $85 for the sale.

Payout twice a month via Paxum (free), International Wire Transfers ($30) & SEPA Wire Transfers (free almost everywhere).

You can view my store at http://www.mariewadsworthylive.com/ check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.