AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Influx of Russian studios slowly converting Chaturbate to private onlys site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjnewyork

Banhammered
Mar 16, 2021
Hi All,
I've been a cam fan for a long time, started many many years back on camcontacts , ifriends, streammates travelled a bunch, met some host girls, all nice people, it was very clear it was studios, and on CC you weren't gonna see anything unless you paid for private.
. In recent couple years i been checking out chaturbate much more sparingly, as it is not so much a "chat" site as it is an action site. Camcontacts had one thing going for it, if the hosts misbehaved or ignored chats there would be consequences, you could write to support, and get your money back and the host might be blocked or kicked off for a while.

I think even a simple web search describes it as sexy shows in free chat and I'd say for 2 years or so, its been that way.
Since New Years Im noticing more of a pattern and its more russian studio type hosts, they're doing nothing in free chat, trying to lure you only to private, (not even luring, its in the bio description as one i noticed today), and further they are doing multi sites, even if you start tipping they dont see your words and they've got these mods who control everything.
My understanding is "mods" are fans/members who pay a monthly fee to get this priviledge to moderate the chat for the girls. MY OPINION, this just enables these studios to not be responsible and ignor the chats.

Does anybody know of any enforcement by chaturbate of any such chat rules or if any rules exsist? Minimum purchase is $10 USD, so every 10 tokens is $1.

To conclude my overall point is this behavior and its mostly russian studios is killing my interest in CB. They are getting away with ignoring tippers in free and to me thats just plain wrong. I could see if you're not tipping, but if you are they should be trying to acknowledge, ESPECIALLY if they're "NOT" performing..or doing any action.

My question is "is there enforcement" on CB or the hosts and mods just do what they want ? OR are there other sites where there's this casual free chat action, but YET consequences if they ignor the chat (other than camcontacts) ?

To me its killing my interest in CB..

Well, I like opera and melodrama so ... late to the party, though
Personally, I wish this whole idea of costumers/clients being always right were canceled from the business world. And I'm saying this from a business point of view. While it's true that costumers and clients have rights, and rightly so, that doesn't mean that costumers and clients are always right. Even the paying ones.

rather than slaving away at a menial, minimum wage job and barely making ends meet.

Which I've always found it to be the main reason why people, especially in service industry, and especially in US are more often than not treated like shit and harrased by entitled costumers. More than anywhere else and more than in any other part of the Western world. Just my personal experience. Always left me aghast. Because they rely on tips so they are kind of forced to take that shit. Give them a living wage and see if they still take your shit. Btw, the same entitled US costumers that act all shocked abroad when people don't take their shit. Guess why. I think you guys have a name for that entiled customer, it's Karen, isn't it?

This whole thread reads like that guy that we all know that told you that asked a girl out.. So when you see him the next time you ask him how it went and he tells you that she ghosted him but he doesn't care because he's not interested and she was ugly anyway. Which leaves you wondering if she wasn't interesting and you didn't like her why did you even asked her out in the first place? Makes no sense.

Upvote 0
Thats not the american way.
I'm not sure what's sadder; that you claim Russians should behave the american way on the internet (or else!) or that you just confirmed the unfortunate stereotype that americans often are seen as noisy, loud, ignorant, entitled, elbow-y and only concerned with money.

Good riddance.

Upvote 0
the unfortunate stereotype
I don't believe, judging by his grammar, op is a native English speaker, though. I have an excuse for my mistakes since at the moment I am a bottle of wine and half in. So switching languages can be a bit complicated. So I'm sorry for that "didn't asked" I've said before which makes no sense. My Virgo ass can spot my mistakes and others's, too. I know, I'm being pesky. Blame my sign.

In recent couple years i been checking

Im noticing more of a pattern and its more
if they ignor the chat

Upvote 0
I don't believe, judging by his grammar, op is a native English speaker, though.
Well who knows, but it's another couple of notches higher on the pathetic scale if you whine about things being unamerican when you aren't even american. WTF is that? My gut feeling is that he's just a lazy writer who can't be arsed with proper contractions, or at best a conversational writer.

P.S: I'm not a native english speaker myself and probably use a lot of strange grammar and odd punctuation. After a bottle of wine and a half an english teacher passing by would likely have me arrested by the spelling police 😅 So I can't really claim to be an expert ...

Upvote 0
in usa 10 dollars gets 100 tokens....either nobody here is from usa or understands my english.. or i wrote something i didnt explain clear enough....
my experience which none here have accurately commented on....is my experience. All the best looking hosts have been leaving Chaturbate because it's a bad site... the site is poorly managed.. all you got now is Fat and ugly girls left. all the good hosts are gone....week by week since january. chaturbate is a lousy site now...
regards to all

ROFL - you showed up here spouting pure fiction in what is most likely a poorly-planned plot to get others to leave Chaturbate for some reason.

You somehow pretended that "chaturbate (having "MOSTLY Russian studios") is killing your interest". First of all, clearly nobody cares that one fiction writer got so good at fiction in his own mind that only that mind began to see as fact, what everyone else can easily identify as pure fiction.

Secondly, the difference between one cam site and another isn't that great... and it's the impulsive moving and moving that is setting many models back in a world where "momentum" is second to none in determining success.

Lastly, Chaturbate doesn't so much care about "the best looking hosts". What matters most to CB are "the most successful hosts". And those are the ones who have been best at creating momentum and then riding that momentum. (the last thing such people would want to do is leave any cam site on which they have that momentum). And for the record, the turnover on any cam site is extremely high all the time, so nobody with half a mind could easily distinguish (or "notice" ) a particularly large outflow over a 2.5-month period.

We all know you'll be back under another handle.

Upvote 0
I kinda get where the OP is coming from as a user. Nothing worse than entering a room with few people in (I don't like the big rooms).
Often you can say Hi etc and get nothing back from the model to even acknowledge you are in the room. I get they use different sites in studios etc but some common courtesy would be nice. I guess they are too busy in a different site to flick over to CB.
But CB has some beautiful models on it. I also now try and look for models that are from non studios. It is pretty easy to tell apart.

Upvote 0
Move on to another room where a model is more talkative/engaging and suits your desires. I don't understand why that is so hard for customers to do. Keep it simple, don't overthink it, and fap on.

Upvote 0
Wow, for working in a russian studio myself, it's the first time I see that argument. The usual one is the opposite - having too much studios models doing hardcore in freechat (streaming their other sites privates on CB). lol
I kinda get where the OP is coming from as a user. Nothing worse than entering a room with few people in (I don't like the big rooms).
Often you can say Hi etc and get nothing back from the model to even acknowledge you are in the room. I get they use different sites in studios etc but some common courtesy would be nice. I guess they are too busy in a different site to flick over to CB.
But CB has some beautiful models on it. I also now try and look for models that are from non studios. It is pretty easy to tell apart.

A tons of models are multistreaming, not only sutios ones. Just try to tip next time if you want attention. i focus only on my main site (CB), but I never ignore anyone on my secondary sites (SC and SM) if they tip, even one token/gold.

I don't see the point of taking my attention away from my CB room with 200+ viewers to give attention to my sole member on SM is I'm not sure that's worth it.

Upvote 0
While disagreeing with most of the OP said, there's some truth in about the studios "influence". Again as a user, who only goes to the couples part:

Browsing around 10PM PT the first page is usually is more than OK; lots of variety, good looking couples, and a good mixture of nationalities.
However from about the middle of the second page it gets considerably worse. I tend to find some good ones even on the last page, but an awful lot of rooms look like either if the hosts doesn't even want to be there or have no real control about their rooms.

Now if I compare it with the Ladies, it's the other way around, TONS of good rooms, few bad apples.

(Also, what's the thing with ignoring the CB rules? Yesterday I've seen the same couple in 4(!) different names, they didn't even bother at least mirroring the feeds. Another 12-15 rooms with 2 feeds;)

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
I think I know what the op means though. There is indeed one quite big and popular studio (30? rooms, all popular with 100.000 or more followers) where apparently the whole studio has changed to "private show only". Must be a decision this studio made.

Upvote 0
Since New Years Im noticing more of a pattern and its more russian studio type hosts, they're doing nothing in free chat, trying to lure you only to private, (not even luring, its in the bio description as one i noticed today), and further they are doing multi sites, even if you start tipping they dont see your words and they've got these mods who control everything.
My understanding is "mods" are fans/members who pay a monthly fee to get this priviledge to moderate the chat for the girls. MY OPINION, this just enables these studios to not be responsible and ignor the chats.
To conclude my overall point is this behavior and its mostly russian studios is killing my interest in CB. They are getting away with ignoring tippers in free and to me thats just plain wrong. I could see if you're not tipping, but if you are they should be trying to acknowledge, ESPECIALLY if they're "NOT" performing..or doing any action.
Russian models rock. If CB were 100% Russian I would be the happiest man alive. :inlove: Fantasy aside, that is not the case. What is closer to the truth is that at certain times of the day many of the models on CB are studio models (which includes Russia, Eastern Europe, and South America) Let me explain some things to you.

First, most of the Russian models have very poor English. They need to use translators for everything, and when someone is not a consistent tipper there just is not enough time to translate everyone's comments. In many cases they just do not understand your question. It's not personal.

Second, the studios generally do a very poor job of training models. The right way to look at new viewers who come into your room and talk is that they are sales leads. A good sales person should qualify the lead. If you can be converted to a customer, try to close that sale. If the viewer is a bum, discard and move on. Russian models never had anyone teach them how to qualify a lead. I have given up on understanding why the studios do such a poor job of equipping their employees to deal with customers. But it is what it is. So the bottom line is most Russian and studio models do not particularly notice when a new viewer comes in and starts to chat and fail to understand that this is a chance to interact, set a hook, and do some fishing.

Third, 98% of the viewers on CB are total bums. They waste the model's time and never pay her well for the time they require of her. I think many new models get so discouraged by that they simply do not pay much attention to the chat. But, let me share a secret with you. The way you break through and get a conversation is this thing called...tipping. Tip a little. Talk a little. Tip some more. Talk some more. Tip again Talk again. Usually by the third round of tip and talk the model starts to understand that you are in the 2%...not a bum. I have been in more than 200 Russian model rooms. I have only failed to get a conversation going with about 10 of those. So tip and talk works.

Fourth, I have noticed on CB that many guys come into a room, make a few requests of a model, then as soon as she fails to respond they just take off. This is a really self-centered attitude, and it is also totally unrealistic. The model is often quite good looking, and she has dozens of people competing for her attention. Why do you deserve any kind of special attention the first time you enter her room? A little persistence helps.

Fifth, regarding free sex shows: there are plenty of these available and you just are not looking very hard. Many of those free sex shows are from Russian models. Personally, I think most models give away too much for free and should really rethink how much nudity / sex they will give away for free. If it were my show, I would put my goal shows into a hidden show and the only people who get to see my goal shows are viewers who sent at least 50 tokens any time during the show. So I think you are wrong that these shows are not available, and I think you are also wrong in principle because you do not really deserve any free shows.

Upvote 0
When I'm not working I usual lay on my ass in bed, in front of 3 comp monitors and a large TV monitor.
So I never "do something" its almost always do 4-5 things at once / multi tasking.

Anyway dropped into a East European / aka Russian model yesterday, since she looked hot.. She worked for a agency and had ~300k followers for the room.
Her room had 70 people in it, who weren't engaging, and she was basically 1/2 asleep on the bed bored, since it was ~8am Ru time Sunday morning.

I said hello / She engaged back.. I told her I'm not paying today, since I've not slept for 2 days and I'm fked...
So then we chatted for ~an hour, about nothing / weather / Russian food/ etc etc.
She said she wanted to chat to help with her English etc + she was bored.

She finally got a tipper in her room, and ~1000 tokens rolled in..
After that she ended up in private for ~30 mins, Then she logged out.

Was a fun hello, and hot body to look at, while I worked on non work topics, on the other monitors.
Next time I see her online while I'm awake, I'll throw some tokens at her.

Upvote 0
When I'm not working I usual lay on my ass in bed, in front of 3 comp monitors and a large TV monitor.
So I never "do something" its almost always do 4-5 things at once / multi tasking.

Anyway dropped into a East European / aka Russian model yesterday, since she looked hot.. She worked for a agency and had ~300k followers for the room.
Her room had 70 people in it, who weren't engaging, and she was basically 1/2 asleep on the bed bored, since it was ~8am Ru time Sunday morning.

I said hello / She engaged back.. I told her I'm not paying today, since I've not slept for 2 days and I'm fked...
So then we chatted for ~an hour, about nothing / weather / Russian food/ etc etc.
She said she wanted to chat to help with her English etc + she was bored.

She finally got a tipper in her room, and ~1000 tokens rolled in..
After that she ended up in private for ~30 mins, Then she logged out.

Was a fun hello, and hot body to look at, while I worked on non work topics, on the other monitors.
Next time I see her online while I'm awake, I'll throw some tokens at her.
You still should of tipped her for her time even if you weren't in the playing mood.

Upvote 0
Russian models rock. If CB were 100% Russian I would be the happiest man alive. :inlove: Fantasy aside, that is not the case. What is closer to the truth is that at certain times of the day many of the models on CB are studio models (which includes Russia, Eastern Europe, and South America) Let me explain some things to you.

First, most of the Russian models have very poor English. They need to use translators for everything, and when someone is not a consistent tipper there just is not enough time to translate everyone's comments. In many cases they just do not understand your question. It's not personal.

Second, the studios generally do a very poor job of training models. The right way to look at new viewers who come into your room and talk is that they are sales leads. A good sales person should qualify the lead. If you can be converted to a customer, try to close that sale. If the viewer is a bum, discard and move on. Russian models never had anyone teach them how to qualify a lead. I have given up on understanding why the studios do such a poor job of equipping their employees to deal with customers. But it is what it is. So the bottom line is most Russian and studio models do not particularly notice when a new viewer comes in and starts to chat and fail to understand that this is a chance to interact, set a hook, and do some fishing.

Third, 98% of the viewers on CB are total bums. They waste the model's time and never pay her well for the time they require of her. I think many new models get so discouraged by that they simply do not pay much attention to the chat. But, let me share a secret with you. The way you break through and get a conversation is this thing called...tipping. Tip a little. Talk a little. Tip some more. Talk some more. Tip again Talk again. Usually by the third round of tip and talk the model starts to understand that you are in the 2%...not a bum. I have been in more than 200 Russian model rooms. I have only failed to get a conversation going with about 10 of those. So tip and talk works.

Fourth, I have noticed on CB that many guys come into a room, make a few requests of a model, then as soon as she fails to respond they just take off. This is a really self-centered attitude, and it is also totally unrealistic. The model is often quite good looking, and she has dozens of people competing for her attention. Why do you deserve any kind of special attention the first time you enter her room? A little persistence helps.

Fifth, regarding free sex shows: there are plenty of these available and you just are not looking very hard. Many of those free sex shows are from Russian models. Personally, I think most models give away too much for free and should really rethink how much nudity / sex they will give away for free. If it were my show, I would put my goal shows into a hidden show and the only people who get to see my goal shows are viewers who sent at least 50 tokens any time during the show. So I think you are wrong that these shows are not available, and I think you are also wrong in principle because you do not really deserve any free shows.
I agree with you that they are hot ;) . i dont agree with you about the studious not traning them well to be good cam models and sallers . If they didnt learn nothing in 12 y of school , guess how long will take them to learn on cam .. russian, romanian, etc . we study english since kindergarden till end of highschool and after and u still can find 80% of the wanna be cam model without knowing 2 words ,,, also, how they could sell themself if they dont know wich planet they are living on . Thats why all this models usual works on sited like jasmin, no sound on, trainer typing and model doing the show with a chat open where trainer telling her what to do . Cb do not fit to this kind of models . About guys expecting model to respond hell yeah , this is the selling we talking about , if you give attention to the guys is the best part of the camming , i dont see a problem to say hi to everyone whos talking, to say thanks to people for following, etc . In Romania big studious offer them english classes, they put them to read books , etc but takes time and even like this not all of them end up exited to do it ..work and school (in studio ) not the dream job their thought is camming , hoping just sitting staring at cam and guys trowing money on them . About them offering to much free show, ask urself what else they can offer ? friendships cant, flirting with guys cant, entertaining telling them stories , making them laugh cant, what are the other options ?

Upvote 0
If they didnt learn nothing in 12 y of school , guess how long will take them to learn on cam .. russian, romanian, etc . we study english since kindergarden till end of highschool and after and u still can find 80% of the wanna be cam model without knowing 2 words ,,,
knowing this, i always assume its a hustle if an EE model says they don't know english. they should know enough to form basic sentences. act like you dont understand english and catch americans thinking they are "helping" you learn english. genius.

Upvote 0
nothing wrong with knowing what you like. i can understand why breaking the fantasy. the setting can come off artificial.

I visit and enjoy plenty of studio models, but I can also understand why some don’t like it.

Even for me, when I see dozens of rooms with the same setup, even the same motivational artwork on the walls, and the models say the same lines and have near identical tip menus, it feels more mechanical and less genuine.

The model still might be amazing though, once you get through the cookie-cutter stuff and interact a bit.

Upvote 0
The model still might be amazing though, once you get through the cookie-cutter stuff and interact a bit.

Even for me, when I see dozens of rooms with the same setup, even the same motivational artwork on the walls, and the models say the same lines and have near identical tip menus, it feels more mechanical and less genuine.

i also imagine if the model is new, its going to take them a bit to figure out their hustle/style and to break away from the routine. the studio knows what works for other models and gives them a template. from my observation, studios are too a revolving door of new models.

Upvote 0
If men really did rate women ONLY with a tape measure, then studios wouldn't matter at all... because they wouldn't impact whatever the tape measure read.

BUT since much of the appeal to webcam modeling is models who are comfortable with themselves and comfortable with their surroundings... then an antiseptic 'studio' is the first clue that a model isn't very comfortable.

There is probably a significant correlation as well between studio webcam work and NON-English speakers, and while it is perfectly fine to speak only Portuguese and target only a Portuguese-speaking audience... it is likely true that monetarily, English is a STRONGLY-desired language to master, as it relates to webcam work.

So if you are (or SEEM) uncomfortable in your antiseptic surrounds... and if you are (or SEEM) uncomfortable with English, then it is likely to be an uphill climb on most webcam sites.

When a person is viewing that webcam menu page, on which you are (or might be) represented by just a small square, the viewer is quickly assessing everything he sees there, with hundreds of other options awaiting him.

It is my... guess... that the viewer is most searching there for some hint of 'character'... if your DD cups are your best offering, he can be confident that he can find EE's elsewhere on Chaturbate or the like. If you are radiant merely via being yourSELF... (in a room that further hints at just WHO that is, in terms of individuality)... then you are most likely to make a strong impression at that literal "first glance".

With that in mind... if I quickly observe somebody else in the studio room long occupied by "Angela 15" on CB... I'm more fixated on somebody ELSE occupying ***her*** room, than I am on whoever the individual IS who is there.

The room you're in while webcamming is like the difference between the "shower show" seen at the strip club, and the "shower show" viewed on Chaturbate:

At the strip club... it's firm bodies and full bustlines with water just splashing off of them.

In the shower when on Chaturbate, it's YOUR shower, with YOUR "products"... and YOUR shaving your legs, and many other intriguing areas...

(stuff not often even done when with a spouse in a shared shower in a home you've shared for ten years).

Now, to be fair, one must certainly consider the economic aspects of the "studio" work... where a young lady with something society wants... can rent the means through which she can bring her beauty to the market... perhaps in a country where the overhead costs to do same as an individual, are prohibitive. So I appreciate that aspect of studio work... additionally, it allows some young people to experiment and decide whether modeling is for them, without too much overhead cost.

But I'm guessing that the studio takes more than a fair cut... and in an ideal world, a young person who thrives on camera in front of the world, should do what she can to earn the means to have her own computer and webcam in due time.

In addition, the studio house rules may somehow further reduce the seeming "individuality" of each model, in that way harming her appeal as a unique model on CB or elsewhere.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
^I never know what the hell this guy is talki....you know what...nevermind. I'm gonna go grab a Harvest Peach yogurt.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.