AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

iPhone/Android Camera Shutter Remotes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Now that I've gotten on the Snapchat hype train, I found the need to use a bluetooth remote for selfies and videos. Over the course of the last week I've purchased 4 of them trying to find the best product. You'll notice in the picture there's only 3... because the first one broke on day 1.

cam remotes.jpg

Here are my findings!

CamKix Wireless Bluetooth Camera Shutter Remote (the blue one)
So this is the one that broke the very first time I opened the battery compartment. It was the cheapest of all the remotes I purchased, and clearly you get what you pay for. HOWEVER: this is my favorite. Some notes on this one:
  • It has an on/off switch - makes it easy to "wake up" and also saves battery life
  • It works on either iOS or Android
  • It was easy to pair with my iPhone
  • It works for "burst" photos in the default cam app, as well as video in Snapchat
  • There are multiple color options, ranging from $6.15-6.99.
So I would recommend this one for the price and the functionality, just be very careful opening the battery compartment. It takes a Cr2032 3v Lithium Coin Cell Battery, which you should have extra of (my first one arrived dead, I'm pretty sure.)

HISY Bluetooth Remote (the white one)
I had a bit of trouble getting this one to pair with my phone for some reason, but now that it's connected, it works really well. It takes a Cr2032 3v Lithium Coin Cell Battery. Some notes on this one:

• Only works on iOS - sorry Android users :(
  • No on/off switch, holding the button a moment wakes it up
  • The button is really easy to press and the remote is smaller than the CamKix one
  • It works for "burst" photos in the default cam app, as well as video in Snapchat
  • It's really cute :)
  • There are multiple color options, ranging from $15.99-24.99.
ShutterPro by Alaska Life (the pink one)
This one I would not recommend. Some notes on this one:
  • It works on either iOS or Android
  • No on/off switch, holding the button wakes it up... sometimes. Holding the button also turns it off.
  • Had lots of trouble keeping the bluetooth paired with my phone
  • Does NOT work for "burst" photos in the default cam app, and does NOT work for video in Snapchat
  • It is supposedly waterproof, but reviews state it is water "resistant" at most, so does not work underwater.
  • There are multiple color options ranging from $9.95-12.95

There are seemingly hundreds of options for cam remotes on Amazon, it was tough to figure out which ones work for Snapchat (i.e. allow you to hold the button to take video). Feel free to post in this thread if you have found others that work well!

I have the blue one
I have a black and 2 white ones

I keep one in my purse
one at my camming desk
and one floats around getting lost here n there

they have all worked great for me !

For anyone who doesn't mind waiting for shipping from China, I bought the blue one from Aliexpress for less than $2. Just search "bluetooth shutter". Mine came without a battery, but for a little bit more there are some that have them included, or you can buy them separately online for pretty cheap.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I have the blue one, and I really like it. My only dislike is that my phone interprets it as a keyboard for some reason when I'm trying to add text on Snapchat, so I have to take the picture/video, turn off Bluetooth on my phone, type what I want, turn Bluetooth back on, next pic/video. I could probably get around this by taking all the pics in my camera app in one go, then adding them to snapchat from gallery so I can add the text that way.

Thank you so much for posting this. I had no idea these existed!
My first week following @ConnerJay i asked her how she got her awesome butt shots. She informed me these existed and it took me a while to get around to finding one!

Reactions: Calliope and Gen
Along those lines there's also apps that can be shutter remotes.
I know in the Android play market there's Canon Camera Connect, EOS Remote, Samsung Smart Camera App., Remote Viewfinder... There's probably more, but those let you use your phone or tablet to see what the camera is seeing, and then take a picture through your devices. A bit bigger than a small remote, but it would let you see your butt as the camera sees it before you take the picture. I'm not sure what ones are available for iPhone.

Oh just a reminder: at least on iPhone, using your headphones volume button will snap the shutter. It has the problem of being corded tho.

My wife mentioned today that I could possibly use the button on a Bluetooth headset, so I'm gonna dig it out of whatever drawer it's hiding in and test it. Will report findings.

Oh just a reminder: at least on iPhone, using your headphones volume button will snap the shutter. It has the problem of being corded tho.

Just tested works on andriod for photo and video ^.^

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Selfie sticks are cool too, but for the full body shots and dancy sort of snapchat videos a lot of girls do, this wouldn't quite work.

I find it great for video, I don't have to hold the stick, so long as I can reach to press the button! The one I have can be extended a long way. If I didn't already have too many little gadgets and gizmos (lord knows where though!) I would have chosen a blu tooth one.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I find it great for video, I don't have to hold the stick, so long as I can reach to press the button! The one I have can be extended a long way.
Even on snapchat which normally requires you to hold the button down for vid? That's super handy, if so.

Even on snapchat which normally requires you to hold the button down for vid? That's super handy, if so.

Now you've got me wondering. I can't remember having a problem but as I haven't snapped for a long time I shall test it.

I ordered that first one in black and it wouldn't sync with my phone. They sent another one (great customer service) and I had the same issue. I'm going to order the blue one and hope I have a different result. I would love the flexibility of a working remote!

HISY Bluetooth Remote (the white one)
I had a bit of trouble getting this one to pair with my phone for some reason, but now that it's connected, it works really well. It takes a Cr2032 3v Lithium Coin Cell Battery. Some notes on this one:

• Only works on iOS - sorry Android users :(
  • No on/off switch, holding the button a moment wakes it up
  • The button is really easy to press and the remote is smaller than the CamKix one
  • It's really cute :)
  • There are multiple color options, ranging from $15.99-24.99.
This one has turned out to be my favorite after some time, in case anyone wondered. :)

I ordered that first one in black and it wouldn't sync with my phone. They sent another one (great customer service) and I had the same issue. I'm going to order the blue one and hope I have a different result. I would love the flexibility of a working remote!
My first one was broken, I think those ones are hit or miss, but they're cheap and I know other models who use them with success. Mine is a backup for the one I noted just above that's my favorite.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AriaZahara
This one has turned out to be my favorite after some time, in case anyone wondered. :)

My first one was broken, I think those ones are hit or miss, but they're cheap and I know other models who use them with success. Mine is a backup for the one I noted just above that's my favorite.

OH! I didn't see that. Thanks for the wicked fast response. I cancelled my order for the blue one and already put in a new order for the white one. Thanks!

OH! I didn't see that. Thanks for the wicked fast response. I cancelled my order for the blue one and already put in a new order for the white one. Thanks!
As I write in the OP the white one is only iPhone friendly, hope you have one! :)

Reactions: AriaZahara
I couldn't live without the camkix/blue one, it's all I use for snapchat. It sometimes has issues connecting/being recognized as a keyboard, but I agree that it's the best one you can easily find online!

I've been using these remotes for a few years now for My Snapchat, && I have both of the first ones. The hysy is my favorite. The first one doesn't work for my phone as well, but I noticed bc of Snapchat updates, && going from Android to iphone, that's been the biggest problems.I never bought the last one because of the water resistant thing. If I want to use mine in the shower, I wrap it in a Ziploc bag. Pro tip: Use a selfie stick, AND a BT remote. It helps if your arms are short, && I have problems with my hands, so having the BT remote separately from the selfie stick helps me get amazing angles. I also bought a magnetic Gorillapod for my phone as well last year, && ever since I invested in these things, My Snapchat game has been fucking fire. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.