AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

iPhone as webcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2016
New Zealand
syrensays.bigcartel.com
Twitter Username
@RenSaysMV
Tumblr Username
rensays
MFC Username
SirenMFC
Streamate Username
Syrn
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/603432/SirenSays/
So, I know that it's possible to turn your iPhone/android into a webcam through certain apps, has anyone tried this, and has anyone tried camming using this?
I have an iPhone 5. I would also love to try it out just so I can use my laptop as a monitor to film with my phone's back camera (I don't like not knowing what I look like while filming)

Thank you! A model reached out to me via Tumblr and might be sending me her old webcam seeing as she upgraded, so I'm not too worried on having to look for alternatives just now

I tried this with IP Webcam. It was tedious to set up and drained my battery. Rather just get a super cheap webcam with the same quality

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
you could probable do some thing like skype shows on an smartphone. Just keep it plugged in the whole time. propped up on a stand or book or some thing.

you could probable do some thing like skype shows on an smartphone. Just keep it plugged in the whole time. propped up on a stand or book or some thing.
I have an attachment to put my phone on my tripod. :) but I was wondering more for camming and such, but it's all sorted now

I have a reg who tries to c2c with his phone through his desktop. He uses manycams i believe. Sometimes it works. Most of the time it fails.

It can work certainly, just expect interruptions or distortion of the picture. Not sure what site you're camming on, but I did it on MFC back when I very first started (2014) and I had an iPhone 5. I have no idea anymore what app I used or how I had it set up, but it worked enough for me to make tokens so... guess that's all that matters? XD

It can work certainly, just expect interruptions or distortion of the picture. Not sure what site you're camming on, but I did it on MFC back when I very first started (2014) and I had an iPhone 5. I have no idea anymore what app I used or how I had it set up, but it worked enough for me to make tokens so... guess that's all that matters? XD

Did you do this with the iphone hooked up to your computer, or did you just totally run it off your iphone?
Trying to figure out if it's possible to do a completely iphone based show on MFC, without the computer, using some sort of app.

Did you do this with the iphone hooked up to your computer, or did you just totally run it off your iphone?
Trying to figure out if it's possible to do a completely iphone based show on MFC, without the computer, using some sort of app.
I had it hooked up to my computer, essentially just turning it into a webcam. As far as I know you can't stream on MFC directly from your phone.

I had it hooked up to my computer, essentially just turning it into a webcam. As far as I know you can't stream on MFC directly from your phone.

I am so sad, so many possibilities of creative shows.

Reactions: Magnolia
I'm running sales through my blog & selling my old phone, hopefully I can get a c920 again. :)
Sadly, even a cheap one like the C270 is out of my price range right now as I'd have to convert to NZD and blegh
$63.99 for c920 at bestbuy they have a sale going on,i got mine on black friday for 50

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/epoccam-hd-wireless-computer/id435355256?mt=8

I use this. You do have to pay and make sure to download kinoni streamer and remote desktop. I remember it wouldnt quite work until i did that

for the most part it works fine but it will disconnect sometimes and ill have to switch the cam from front to back to front or vice versa to refresh the feed

im sure it has something to do with Bonjour because all my remote device apps are screwy so u may not have any troubles yourself

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/epoccam-hd-wireless-computer/id435355256?mt=8

$63.99 for c920 at bestbuy they have a sale going on,i got mine on black friday for 50
I didn't see this, sorry! But we don't have a bestbuy where I live, $64 USD is still nearly $100 here, which is way out of my price range.

I'm going to go for a secondhand C525 until I can afford to get something better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.