AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is AI already this close to ruining this industry?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsolicited messages from unverified/unreliable sources requesting free images and promising lots of cash....

Sort of? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but it is my belief that we are still going to have the upper hand because we possess the human element. It's not just the content, it's the interaction they get with it, and they want to feel like we've done something just for them. At least for some clients, and the majority of my best clients personally. I'm sure there is a market for what this person wants to do. But I don't think it will overrun ours or make us obsolete any time soon. No matter how good AI gets, there will always be people who demand the "real" thing, we sell human connection. AI-produced imagery doesn't replicate that on its own. That's not an equivalent experience.
i agree. Whitney Cummings actually spoke about this on one of her specials. We are irreplaceable. There's also a great video on youtube called, "A Date In 2025" and it's quite witty and entertaining but the conclusion is that nothing will ever replace that raw human connection no matter how advanced technology get.s

No, I've been in different areas of the adult industry for 7 years now. AI will never replace the human connection that men are seeking. There will always be a small demographic of men who are into sex tech, but I can't imagine the average guy on a cam site opting to pay for a sex bot as opposed to chatting with a real woman. A lot of our customers seem to want to get our genuine opinions/reactions to them and some of them want us to actually receive some sort of sexual enjoyment when offering services like cam2cam and mutual masturbation. AI is never going to be able to give them the real deal. Men are not looking for perfection via a bot that looks like a fantasy and is programmed to act a certain way, they want something that feels genuine.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
No, I've been in different areas of the adult industry for 7 years now. AI will never replace the human connection that men are seeking. There will always be a small demographic of men who are into sex tech, but I can't imagine the average guy on a cam site opting to pay for a sex bot as opposed to chatting with a real woman. A lot of our customers seem to want to get our genuine opinions/reactions to them and some of them want us to actually receive some sort of sexual enjoyment when offering services like cam2cam and mutual masturbation. AI is never going to be able to give them the real deal. Men are not looking for perfection via a bot that looks like a fantasy and is programmed to act a certain way, they want something that feels genuine.

I'm not very experienced but I can only agree. I've also come to think that models have the advantage because while guys may jerk off to anything, most guys who regularly go to cam sites live having interaction with an actual person to fulfill social, or relationship desires. It really is a personal experience that they want.

Then there are men who like the feeling of control and tip for pussy flashes, have specific things they want the model to show and tell in private, tipping to buzz the pink pussy invader and similar things. It's definitely a control thing and the satisfaction wouldn't be there with a sim.

Reactions: prettykitty
Completely computer generated models had occurred to me but not this weird hybrid of a real models face and an AI body. Every day is a school day in the cam world though.

As a member, I'd have no interested in an AI generated model. Ultimately the thing that draws me to a models room is how engaging and welcoming she is. I can't see how an AI cut and paste face on a computer generated body competes with that.

Then again, someone will have that fetish. If guys don't have it yet, it won't be long before they will.

So I received this private message on Reddit today and it really got me thinking about the longevity of this industry.

"I apologize for the randomness of this message… And if you aren’t currently doing cam work, then I’m sorry for messaging. But if you are, your feedback on an idea of mine would mean a lot.

I built a platform where you upload 12 images of yourself, then can generate images of yourself doing absolutely anything. If you’ve heard of Lensa, it’s kind of like that but gives way more control.

Here’s the what if idea - what if you could upload 12 images of yourself, then fans could purchase your trained AI model essentially just allowing them to generate explicit images of you. You keep the majority of the money and literally don’t have to do anything else besides upload those 12 images to train your AI model.

Is this something you would actually be open for? If not, why? Maybe I’ve gone crazy thinking it is..

Our thought process is, if we can get 10 models to agree, we’re going to move forward and give them 100% commission when a fan purchases their model and we won’t keep exclusive rights or anything like that.

I appreciate any feedback you have. It’ll seriously shape where we go next. I’d be happy to give you a promo code so you could play around with yourface.app for free and get a better idea of what I’m suggesting. If you’re busy and don’t have time to give some input, I totally understand but I couldn't help but reach out. "

I doubt the technology is really quite there yet to make this convincing enough to catch on right now. But it's gotta be close!
I saw an AI performer on Chaturbate once, it was intense!

Status
Not open for further replies.