AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is America too punitive? Trigger warning..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't addressed to you, it was in response to @cammingcouple 's side dicussion with me. But, you added another human factor: lack of awareness due to thoughts elsewhere. Again, which still falls under distracted driving because you were not focusing on the task at hand: driving.

I understand, but when you mention that stuff in a thread that got away from itself like this, it can be hard to figure out what does and doesn't apply to me.

And I understand that. Like I said, it doesn't excuse it. It's not exactly something I can help, it just comes over me. But I should have pulled over when I started thinking too much. I get that. I'm not denying responsibility.

Yeah, the latter part of that is where I have concern. People are going to forget how to drive properly. Build an idiot proof car, and we'll start producing better idiots.

However, despite my opinion on that, as a whole, driving is safer than ever when looking at deaths per billion miles driven. So we must be doing something right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...dia/File:USA_annual_VMT_vs_deaths_per_VMT.png

Hopefully this will all be moot in 20 years with self driving cars. And hopefully they won't turn on us kill us either.

I won't disagree that it's safer to a point. But, those are just death statistics which is just a very small portion of the discussion. We need full data such as total vehicles on the road, miles drivien, accidents without injuries, accidents with, etc. So, to look at just that chart is misleading.

A quick search came up with this:

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812318

I only skimmed it. But, if you look at the lower left corner of page 3, you'll see stats that the total number of accidents increased over the previous year by almost 292,000 in 2015 in comparison to 2014. Again, a little inconclusive since it doesn't show a historical trend. And if you look at page six, it shows almost 9% increase in distracted driver related fatalities. So, the trends are there that while the fatalities are going down. The sheer percentage of accidents is going up. At least from 2014 to 2015.

As to self-driving cars, i'm a little excited and saddened by them. Driving is something i enjoy, and to think that there are people out there wanting to completely take the aspect of being in control of your actions for driving away. But, then again, for people who can't drive appropriately, it would be a good thing.

I understand, but when you mention that stuff in a thread that got away from itself like this, it can be hard to figure out what does and doesn't apply to me.

And I understand that. Like I said, it doesn't excuse it. It's not exactly something I can help, it just comes over me. But I should have pulled over when I started thinking too much. I get that. I'm not denying responsibility.

Well, it is related to the discssion at hand and it isn't too difficult to figure out who it was in response to.

Not knocking you on the lessons learned, as it seems like you understand now.

It wasn't speeding for the sake of getting somewhere faster. I was lost in thought and literally didn't realize. That's the truth.

Couldn't be bothered to read this whole thread, because I didn't really feel like being more angry. But you brought this up multiple times on page one alone, and I hope I'm not the only one to point out that being lost in thought enough to not realize you were driving like a fucking idiot does the exact opposite of making anything any better... No idea whatsoever how you think it's a defence.

But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangman and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had — power.

As to self-driving cars, i'm a little excited and saddened by them. Driving is something i enjoy, and to think that there are people out there wanting to completely take the aspect of being in control of your actions for driving away. But, then again, for people who can't drive appropriately, it would be a good thing.
I love the idea of self driving cars. No one is perfect. Nothing is perfect. Thing is, you can be an amazing driver, then one day a family member dies, you're driving sleepy, you have kids screaming in the backseat, whatever. You fuck up and get in an accident.

I know self driving cars are sure to fuck up, but human error is so common. I listened to the H3 podcast with Marquis something a couple days ago who was talking about his new Tesla. He was almost rear ended and the cars computer system lurched him forward enough to not get hit, but not far enough to hit someone else. That is pretty fucking cool. Driving is relaxing, but hey, if self driving cars become a thing at least you already have a great business to start. Like a theme park, but with just cars and empty roads that people could drive on themselves after signing a few wavers.

You drive a bmw, don't you?

Naw but no shame in having to rock a BMW. Such a humbling experience would probably build character. I mean, things could be worse. Imagine being interested in a luxury car and ending up with a Lincoln or Cadillac. The shame would be unbearable. Even worse, imagine being interested in a sports car and somehow ending up with a Mustang. Terrifying thought really. Look on the bright side BMW owners. Some people like modesty. I hear being thrifty is quite popular these days.

haha get fucked BMW owners, you frugal bastards. Give your BMW, which you somehow always manage to turn into a hoopty in record time, to your son so he can jerry rig some obnoxious sounding junk to it and serve as a reminder of what not to do. Then go out and get you something decent. Live a little.

• Wat?!
Reactions: CharlieCharma
  • Funny!
Reactions: AudriTwo
All jokes aside ^^ this thread seems to have really run its course. OP was super defensive initially due to emotions/reactions to situation. Eventually saw the light and took responsibility. Hopefully all will work out less traumatic than assumed.

Moral of the story: don't fucking speed. don't drive distracted.

/locking

(but @CharlieCharma if you wanna fight me let's have a go in DMP, I'm ready!:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.