AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is background music something that you care about?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the flip side of this, I remember spying on a couple of private shows where the model had completely turned off the sound. I can only assume this was by request. I am curious, why would some members ask for the music to be turned off during a show?
It can also be a distraction, especially if you are doing c2c with audio. I find the audio lag and hearing what I've just said repeated at me maybe 10 seconds later is a problem sometimes, the delay is not helped by the fact my country is on the other side of the world to the model's location.

Reactions: ScaredMan
It can also be a distraction, especially if you are doing c2c with audio. I find the audio lag and hearing what I've just said repeated at me maybe 10 seconds later is a problem sometimes, the delay is not helped by the fact my country is on the other side of the world to the model's location.

Yes and in particular with c2c I find music really annoying because it means that she cannot hear me, or at least not hear me good enough to actually communicate. To talk to each other is an important part of the experience for me at least.

Reactions: MarieElise
Well, I might not ask for music to be completely off, but I do not want music to drown out any sounds the model may be inclined to make. :devil:

Or when they have loud music on and try to moan louder to compensate for that and it all looks weirdly fake. I get it that fake moaning is very common otherwise too but it can still be sexy if it at least look and sound reasonably authentic, it is a show after all.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Well, I might not ask for music to be completely off, but I do not want music to drown out any sounds the model may be inclined to make. :devil:

90 percent of the time I enjoy the music. But there’s one model I visit that has a very soft voice. When we go private and she’s performing, her vocals adds a lot to my enjoyment, so I have asked her at times to lower the music.

90 percent of the time I enjoy the music. But there’s one model I visit that has a very soft voice. When we go private and she’s performing, her vocals adds a lot to my enjoyment, so I have asked her at times to lower the music.

This on private or public?

I had some calls in pvt that the music pissed of everything. Those were just 1 call and enough.
I don't feel comfortable asking to stop the music. Fortunately in skp I didn't had many troubles, and its were I did most of the pvts.

On SC the music thing is horrible, lot of reggeaton (don't want to put blame but I really have a problem with that genre sorry haha) and similar genres that I can't deal with it.
What I do on SC is using the search to find models with the tip request song, if they have that tip, it probably that will be good music, and of course, I do send requests and have fun.

So, yes, music is important to me, specially on public rooms.

My opinion / suggestion: It's also good to have a good configuration on the OBS to stream the music directly. If model have good mic, it could be acceptable to pass the music through the mic, otherwise, send the music directly to the stream.

My opinion / suggestion: It's also good to have a good configuration on the OBS to stream the music directly.
This was already brought up earlier in this thread and the thing is:
For the model to hear it, it has to be playing through speakers which means the mic is going to pick it up unless you get fussy with your mic placement, or through earbuds/headphones which can be a pain in the ass for their own reasons

• Helpful!
Reactions: ScaredMan
This was already brought up earlier in this thread and the thing is:

Yep, that is mostly a mix of bad mic + high volume/no distance enough with the speakers.

A short-range cardiod mic in front of the model, and giving some distance with the speakers, should help to avoid that problem.

Those mics doesn't mean to be expensive, you may find a cheap cardiod mic like the Behringer C1U for around $40.

Is this limited to only arousal sounds or can it also include the model singing? :rofl:

I have to admit, I really love hearing a model singing and not giving a flying fuck about what everyone else thinks about her voice. I really also like ti when she is not native English speaking and the song is English and she only knows some words to it, and then tries to guess the other words, it's funny but in a really cute amazing way.

I also agree with music during c2c. I definitely turn the music off so we can actually hear each other.

Is this limited to only arousal sounds or can it also include the model singing? :rofl:

I have to admit, I really love hearing a model singing and not giving a flying fuck about what everyone else thinks about her voice. I really also like ti when she is not native English speaking and the song is English and she only knows some words to it, and then tries to guess the other words, it's funny but in a really cute amazing way.
I just gained some courage yesterday to sing and it was so refreshing. Really lightened up the mood! I had know idea members would like that.

Well, my privates are centred around control of lovense toys, so...... :shy: But singing? well... depends on her ability, and who it is. :rofl:
Yes I get that, and if it was my favourite model, then, well, she can do almost no wrong in my (biased) eyes so even if she sang like a vulture I would think it was cute :rofl:

Yep, that is mostly a mix of bad mic + high volume/no distance enough with the speakers.

A short-range cardiod mic in front of the model, and giving some distance with the speakers, should help to avoid that problem.

Those mics doesn't mean to be expensive, you may find a cheap cardiod mic like the Behringer C1U for around $40.
Thanks, I did not ask. I only wanted to let you know that you're not the first one saying this in this thread and that we, models, are usually aware it's an option, but for various reasons it might not be a good option FOR US.

Thanks, I did not ask. I only wanted to let you know that you're not the first one saying this in this thread and that we, models, are usually aware it's an option, but for various reasons it might not be a good option FOR US.

My apologies, my comment was not a request or complain, just a comment when I was explaining that I enjoy the music the most, and much better when the sound goes directly. Don't understand why you reacted like that, in case I offended somehow, my apologies.

There's a Karol G song that all of the Colombian models play. I've pretty much learned how it goes phonetically. I've had a few puzzled looks from friends when I've been around them and I've sung it without thinking. I couldn't be bothered with the awkward discussion of how I know a song that's popular in Colombia.

My friend deleted a song by someone called JVLA when I told her what the lyrics were. (She doesn't speak English at all, so she had no idea). It is just a bunch of misogynist drivel. Calling women "whores" and stuff. I wonder how it got on her playlist at all?

My friend deleted a song by someone called JVLA when I told her what the lyrics were. (She doesn't speak English at all, so she had no idea). It is just a bunch of misogynist drivel. Calling women "whores" and stuff. I wonder how it got on her playlist at all?
Spotify? It suggests all types of things.

Plus if it was rap/hiphop, that genre covers a wide range of lyric content from quite clever and fun right through to misogynistic horror.

Spotify? It suggests all types of things.

Plus if it was rap/hiphop, that genre covers a wide range of lyric content from quite clever and fun right through to misogynistic horror.
Or whatever version of that is available in Russia. Her playlist uploads automatically, so I am not sure how much control she has over it, or if she just doesn't bother.

Or whatever version of that is available in Russia. Her playlist uploads automatically, so I am not sure how much control she has over it, or if she just doesn't bother.
Sometimes people are listening for the beats and sounds and not paying close attention to the lyrics. I am often guilty of this. I'll be listening to something for a specific riff, not so much the words being sung or rapped. That's how many of the shitty writers get drivel past us, they set some absolute crap to a really good beat. Many of us aren't in it for anything more than the beatz.

I have to admit it's a personal pet peeve of mine when people assume because I'm listening to a song that I somehow agree with, or endorse the lyrics, or even pay close attention to all of them. It's about how the back beats make me feel. If I had to screen song lyrics that closely, I'd be playing like 3 songs over and over for the next 10 years. Plus to me it's like a story. I might not agree with it, but it still has value as something I can learn from, or as someone else's lived experience, who comes from a different background to me. Even if the value is nothing more than how to identify and avoid people like that, as I move through life. That's still of value to me, as something I want to listen to and learn from 🤷‍♀️ Or, alternatively, it's just so ridiculously stupid it's serving as a comedy for me.

Last edited:
I have to admit it's a personal pet peeve of mine when people assume because I'm listening to a song that I somehow agree with, or endorse the lyrics, or even pay close attention to all of them. It's about how the back beats make me feel. If I had to screen song lyrics that closely, I'd be playing like 3 songs over and over for the next 10 years. Plus to me it's like a story. I might not agree with it, but it still has value as something I can learn from, or as someone else's lived experience, who comes from a different background to me. Even if the value is nothing more than how to identify and avoid people like that, as I move through life. That's still of value to me, as something I want to listen to and learn from 🤷‍♀️ Or, alternatively, it's just so ridiculously stupid it's serving as a comedy for me.

I am the exact same way. I consider music a mood-setter. I do appreciate great lyrics, but bad or unrelatable lyrics won’t stop me from enjoying a song.

When it comes to lyrics that are offensive or violent, I don’t feel like I need to personally endorse those ideas to still enjoy the song. I don’t endorse doing things I see in action movies or horror films either, because it’s just an interpretation of fiction. It’s a story from the POV of someone who I do not endorse or emulate. Same thing with music.

Reactions: MarieElise
I don't particularly care about WHAT music is, but I do agree with this comment.
If it's loud, regardless, even if it's music I really love, I will mute it and probably just leave.

If you have a small playlist and play the same songs constantly, especially if they are annoying ones then that also is very annoying.

A lot of models will add a "tip for your song of choice" on the menu, and it helps to add variety, so it's always good.
Most I see who do this don't set it at a high price deliberately, so it can spice things up. Of course, adding his to your own menu and the price/thought process for it is completely up to you, but it usually works very nicely.
Tipping for song requests is a great way to get me to spend all my tokens.

Status
Not open for further replies.