AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it possible to date if you cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie_Lavender

Cam Model
Jun 19, 2018
United States
Twitter Username
@natslavenderxo
Chaturbate Username
Natalie_Lavender
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/138701/nats-xxx-naughtiness
I’ve been divorced for almost a year, camming for about 6 months, but really wanting to start dating...if it’s possible. I had a FWB for the last 9 months, but no way would I tell him I cam. Not because I’m ashamed or embarrassed, but because I don’t think he would react well & I really value his support and friendship.

How long would you wait until you reveal you cam?

Does it take a certain kind of guy to date (and be okay with) a cam girl?

Obviously there are pros & cons to saying something too early or too late into the relationship. What are your experiences?

I have my state blocked from my room, so the likelihood of a potential date finding me before I’ve told him, isn’t very high.

Not a model, so comments given from a member's perspective.

I personally think it depends upon the person more than anything else. Both from the model's perspective, as well as the other person's. Some people will have issues with being in a relationship with a sex worker, and will avoid. Others will look at it as being a prize, or a treat and strut around like a rooster. The right person will accept the model, the same as they do anyone else they would get into a relationship. With dignity, and respect. Encouragement and support given, regardless of what the person does for work and truly just enjoying the time with them for who they are.

I've had a number of discussions with some models I'm a regular in their room in about dating, relationships, and just life in general. It's unfortunate that most feel like they can't, or won't, be able to find someone who accepts them for who they are because of what they do. I think it shows that many people still have hangups on the type of work people do, and associate it to the kind of person they may be. This is extremely unfortunate, since most of the women I've come to know are some of the better people I've known.

Wish you all the best. :)

Definitely possible to date while camming, I don't think it's particularly hindered my dating life, if anything it's helped weed out the sort of guys I wouldn't want to go out with. I wouldn't tell someone straight away generally, but once you become romantically involved, as in more than just sex/dating but feelings are starting to become apparent and you trust that he's not going to be a dick about it. Earlier is better than later though.

I agree that earlier is better than later when telling someone you are dating. Make sure you trust them and be open to the reality that they might freak out so never disclose your cam name or website.

Ive hinted at it first by bringing it up in a conversation and saying a friend does it to gauge their reaction. If it's positive I'll only say I do phone sex and go from there. It's not a lie, and they are less likely to get online and try to Google me.

I've had exes say they were ok with it to my face, only to text me when they got home and go into full slut shame mode. I've had them say they were ok with it and immediately expect to make sex tapes with me then get mad when I said it would hurt my persona at the time. I've had them say they were ok with it and fully support me without ever prying and being completely respectful, only to try and out me to my dad when we broke up a few years later.

It's a risk, and only you are the one who can decide wether you want to take that risk with any person you want to be with. My advice is to always put yourself and your personal safety first. Trust your heart.

I agree that earlier is better than later when telling someone you are dating. Make sure you trust them and be open to the reality that they might freak out so never disclose your cam name or website.

Ive hinted at it first by bringing it up in a conversation and saying a friend does it to gauge their reaction. If it's positive I'll only say I do phone sex and go from there. It's not a lie, and they are less likely to get online and try to Google me.

I've had exes say they were ok with it to my face, only to text me when they got home and go into full slut shame mode. I've had them say they were ok with it and immediately expect to make sex tapes with me then get mad when I said it would hurt my persona at the time. I've had them say they were ok with it and fully support me without ever prying and being completely respectful, only to try and out me to my dad when we broke up a few years later.

It's a risk, and only you are the one who can decide wether you want to take that risk with any person you want to be with. My advice is to always put yourself and your personal safety first. Trust your heart.
Fantastic insight...and all my exact concerns. The last thing I need is to have it ever used against me, or threatened to be. I guess my gut will lead the way & trust will be a huge factor.

Reactions: EmptyKins
I saw a profile saying they were a cam model in a dating app I use, Bumble, earlier this week. We had nothing in common according to her profile, so I did not pay it much attention. I have also seen another profile that looked very cam modelish based on the room and photography skills, so maybe not saying it out loud does not matter. Although that person could have also been an "influencer" since they have a similar skill set.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I don't tend to go for the guys who wouldn't be okay with it (the guys I date are super feminist leftists like myself) so I always mention it from the very very beginning. I'm also not really concerned about being outed though, I don't hide what I do from anyone except my super judgey sistter. I don't tell anyone what sites I work on or my alias cus I'd rather they didn't find me but I wouldn't care if they did

Whoever loves you does not judge, loves you as you are. If the problem is "do not allow yourself", then you are not his girlfriend but a property, a bit over the smartphone probably important.So tell him directly,and find out his reaction,if he's not ok with your decision,maybe it's not the one:D

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
I’ve been divorced for almost a year, camming for about 6 months, but really wanting to start dating...if it’s possible. I had a FWB for the last 9 months, but no way would I tell him I cam. Not because I’m ashamed or embarrassed, but because I don’t think he would react well & I really value his support and friendship.

How long would you wait until you reveal you cam?

Does it take a certain kind of guy to date (and be okay with) a cam girl?

Obviously there are pros & cons to saying something too early or too late into the relationship. What are your experiences?

I have my state blocked from my room, so the likelihood of a potential date finding me before I’ve told him, isn’t very high.

From members perspective who knows cam models pre and post camming. It's not hard to find guys that aren't cool with the IDEA itself. Understand it's usually about wanting something in place that still shows intimacy or identifies them in the relationship being unique.

When dating a cam girl as a guy some things lose their proof of intimacy. I want know I'm special to my SO so how does my SO do that when the more normal ways are public? You'd be surprised how often the relationship ends because there were fewer things holding it together. This is the same for dating people in other professions. Dating a doctor that wants to spend hours and hours 'saving the world', but can't meet you for dinner on time for example. If you make your time sound like the most important commodity you have but can't be worth managing for your SO it will affect the relationship. Also consider the work baggage that can be toxic to the relationship. I remember dating a model that would have a really bad night then I'd hear a, 'all men' rant that would simply piss me off. This had nothing to do with her being a model as much as taking toxic work shit with her into the relationship.

tl;dr Should be a problem but make sure you separate your work from your relationships. Don't use work as an excuse for relationship investment. Your job only matters in a relationship if you make it matter MORE than the relationship.

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
From members perspective who knows cam models pre and post camming. It's not hard to find guys that aren't cool with the IDEA itself. Understand it's usually about wanting something in place that still shows intimacy or identifies them in the relationship being unique.

When dating a cam girl as a guy some things lose their proof of intimacy. I want know I'm special to my SO so how does my SO do that when the more normal ways are public? You'd be surprised how often the relationship ends because there were fewer things holding it together. This is the same for dating people in other professions. Dating a doctor that wants to spend hours and hours 'saving the world', but can't meet you for dinner on time for example. If you make your time sound like the most important commodity you have but can't be worth managing for your SO it will affect the relationship. Also consider the work baggage that can be toxic to the relationship. I remember dating a model that would have a really bad night then I'd hear a, 'all men' rant that would simply piss me off. This had nothing to do with her being a model as much as taking toxic work shit with her into the relationship.

tl;dr Should be a problem but make sure you separate your work from your relationships. Don't use work as an excuse for relationship investment. Your job only matters in a relationship if you make it matter MORE than the relationship.
Thank you for your insight from the NON-model side of it. I’ve never consciously thought about it that way, but my actions/behavior with my FWB have showed that I’m doing the right thing already subconsciously. I always made time for him. Even completely changing my cam schedule or going on hiatus for a few days, just to spend that time with him. Not even using social media during our time together & turned off notifications all together. Also I noticed that my intimate time with him was completely different from what I do while camming. Granted I cam solo, so of course my sexual behavior would be different with a partner, but our time together was special. So since you brought it up, I’m confident I can keep work separate from a relationship.

Whoever loves you does not judge, loves you as you are. If the problem is "do not allow yourself", then you are not his girlfriend but a property, a bit over the smartphone probably important.So tell him directly,and find out his reaction,if he's not ok with your decision,maybe it's not the one:D
I guess I’ll be able to tell fairly quickly if it’s even worth the time & effort to even tell them. I’m a very sexual person, but don’t want the title of a cam girl to define me & only get looked at as a piece off ass or “score”.

Status
Not open for further replies.