AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MFC dying? Someone suggested a new thread.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UncleThursday said:
Checking the last model before the "away" status girls... she has a camscore of 59. Fifty-nine. Even though she is trying to steal Shy's name. :woops:
oh ShyToonn, will you never learn?

Reactions: UncleThursday
UncleThursday said:
It's quite possible to say that MFC epitomizes the free market and competitive market place, in some ways.

heh...i think it should be mandatory to look at MFC that way :lol:
as much as i personally prefer a smaller, more "intimate" room, where the model is more interested in engaging the people there with whatever form of sensuality and "art of the tease" suits her nature, much of the member population seems to enjoy the certainty and comfort of a countdown, where the product they're interested in has a fixed priced

there's room for all of it there, with a full spectrum of gray areas between almost any comparison...which to me proves that the social aspects of the site still supersede any "change of tone" in model or member perception of "what's going on".....and that both enjoyment of and success at MFC requires at least some willingness to interact socially.

that has been, is, and will continue to be both frustrating and exhilarating to me.....and a whole lot better than the glass booth sites where the "normal" result of interaction through the screen tends dehumanize the participants.

Limiting the models isn't a viable answer. It hurts models who are trying to scrape by, and prevents any new models from joining. And, despite the hope that it would spread the wealth around, it most likely won't. The top models will still be taking 90%+ of all the tokens available while they are online, and the bottom models will still be making hardly anything. Those in between probably won't see any significant increase in income, either.

I say after every cutoff day cull all the sub 100 camscores models and block them from resigning up for a minimum of 3 months.

If they have a camscore that low, they should perhaps find another site or cut their losses and quit.

nzhere said:
Limiting the models isn't a viable answer. It hurts models who are trying to scrape by, and prevents any new models from joining. And, despite the hope that it would spread the wealth around, it most likely won't. The top models will still be taking 90%+ of all the tokens available while they are online, and the bottom models will still be making hardly anything. Those in between probably won't see any significant increase in income, either.

I say after every cutoff day cull all the sub 100 camscores models and block them from resigning up for a minimum of 3 months.

If they have a camscore that low, they should perhaps find another site or cut their losses and quit.
As much as some people probably dislike your idea, I actually agree. Girls under 100 camscore can't be making more than about $2.00 per hour. If you're making that much, you're probably either not cut out to be a camgirl or should try out a different site.

Another thing I would be quite sure of, many of those sub 100 camscore accounts have had dozens of unregistered models using them if they are studio accounts. Those studios would be forced into tidying up various accounts and properly registering some of the removed models

heh.. speaking of untidy studio accts... I have watched several morph from one girl to another in the last 3 years in my fav list. Also, have not deleted and been watching 3 just for grins of former friends that left camming all together. 'back in the good old days'.. when a sub 850 cs was almost feared and many would cash it in or make another acct., these simply sit in the rosters collecting dust. This also makes me wonder... if they were all cleaned up, how the MFC camgirl numbers would drop. :?

imagine the desperate things the 150s would do to not dip below 100 :(

lol actually...bring it on!

Jupiter551 said:
imagine the desperate things the 150s would do to not dip below 100 :(

lol actually...bring it on!
How charming.

AmberCutie said:
nzhere said:

As much as some people probably dislike your idea, I actually agree. Girls under 100 camscore can't be making more than about $2.00 per hour. If you're making that much, you're probably either not cut out to be a camgirl or should try out a different site.

I kinda like this idea, at the same time... I think maybe they should be given a "do-over" after a year or so. You know, like, they can make a new account and get a 1000 camscore to try again when they maybe have a bit more knowledge.

But only once.

nzhere said:

I know someone who went from score close to 100 (she had low score for years) up to just under 1000 now. Guess she found someone who she connected with. I suspect she dropped her worst habit too, wont share it here.
Recently helped someone back from score of 500 back to 1000 (she used to be at 2000ish before the drop). This model lost her old supporters. Takes about 5k to 10k for anyone interested.
Must remember some with low camscores make their money elsewhere too, so doesn't matter as much. Suspect they keep account just in case.

I have no problem with giving any who want it new accounts within reason. It is unlikely to change things too much. If you didn't connect with members well before, it is unlikely that you will after. New account does give that opportunity, but is only an opportunity.

AmberCutie said:
nzhere said:

But, Amber, this is where the slippery slope begins. Sure, we could all agree that models with that low of a camscore probably wouldn't be missed. But then what's to stop it from slowly climbing? Maybe a few months later it is decided girls with under a 300 camscore should be cut. What then becomes the point of earning "enough" or having a camscore that is "high enough" to not be dropped?

What happens if a particular model just has a bad month and drops to being in the cut zone, but normally earns better?

But, I think most of the models on MFC with that low of a camscore are studio models and working multiple sites. Their camscore drops because they are always set to away or turn their cam off when they get a private/group on one of the other sites they work on. Thus people leave their rooms and they get no tips.

I don't normally name names of low camscore models, but I'm going to give 3 examples of models I know who fall into this trap, though none of them have dropped to sub-100 camscore.

The first is LARRAxoxo. Romanian, works for a studio, and works at least two sites at a time when working from the studio. She makes some money on MFC, but most of her camming income (she also works another non-camming job) comes from the at least one other site she works at the same time. Her camscore is 586. But, she's a nice girl with a nice body, and she and I talk a lot when she is online.

The second is BlondAngelHot. Also Romanian, also works for a studio. Also very sweet with a very nice body. However, she told me she is logged into literally 10 sites at once when she is online. Again, she makes some money on MFC, but most of her camming income is from the other sites. Her camscore was also in the 500s (maybe lower) the last time I saw her online, but her profile now says 1581.8.... but she hasn't logged in since April 1. She disappeared for a while before, too, so I expect her back. We've actually had some pretty deep conversations.

The third is Roxinka. Czech, studio girl working from home now (but still under the studio account), works at least 5 sites at the same time that I know of. Very pretty, amazing body, and sweet if you can talk to her. The problem there being she works so many sites it is hard to get her attention if you aren't taking her group/private or sending her a tip. Her camscore dropped to sub-300 for a long time, but she recently got the She Is Back tag and her camscore is now 1213.2. I'll admit, my 15 minute private with her when I saw she had returned was a help for that. :p

But, all of these girls at least had very low camscores at one point. But their camscores weren't low because the model was ugly or had no personality, etc. Their camscores were low because they are working multiple sites, thus constant away or camera off while still online status. However when they have focused solely on MFC for a few days, they have made tremendous jumps in camscore and privates/groups/tips while only focusing on MFC. So it's not always that camming might not be for them, or a lack of experience. The problem can sometimes lie in the fact that they aren't just trying different sites, but working multiple sites at the same time. This could be the studios' fault, or it could be they think they'd earn more working multiple sites.

It makes me wonder if these and other lower camscore studio girls working multiple sites would do better just to focus on MFC or one of the other sites. I know quite a few studio girls from a few different countries that only work MFC now. One Russian girl I know saw a 2k increase in camscore when she stopped working multiple sites, and she has stayed pretty steady since then. So it isn't impossible for some of these girls to come back from low or lower camscores.

Reactions: Jupiter551
UncleThursday said:
What happens if a particular model just has a bad month and drops to being in the cut zone, but normally earns better?

If they have camscore under 100 well they are not having a bad month they are having a freaking bad YEAR. Running multiple sites is NOT an excuse.

How many of us that have spent 100's or 1000's of dollars on MFC started out thinking "I'm just going to spend the $20 to get premium so I can see the previews) and never spend any more?

It's all about the numbers. For every 100 "guests", a certain number will become "basics". For every 100 basics, a certain number will become premiums. For every 100 premiums, a certain number will become regular spenders.

To get that guy who spend's 100s or 1000s of dollars, you have to put up with a bunch of freeloaders or $20 premiums.

I know I pledged to myself that I would not spend more than $20 on MFC.

That was probably $1,000 or so in the past.

lexmark402003 said:
How many of us .... started out thinking "I'm just going to spend the $20 to get premium so I can see the previews) and never spend any more?

personally, never even entertained that idea. Sadly tho, since the 'free mfc poozy' ad campaign has taken over the net, this is indeed the mindset --> IF <-- they ever decide to tip anything and not just surf the free shows.
There are numerous threads here talking percentages and marketing strategy of the traffic theories but sadly it only seems to effect the top for actual income.
:dontknow:

Reactions: UncleThursday
nzhere said:
UncleThursday said:

If they have camscore under 100 well they are not having a bad month they are having a freaking bad YEAR. Running multiple sites is NOT an excuse.

I'm talking in the hypothetical if the cut off moves up to be above the sub-100 cutoff suggested. The "well, we started by getting rid of the real low, but we could probably get rid of others who aren't making enough and save even more" that could happen in the hypothetical situation. It's a more corporate way of thinking, but you see it in the corporate world all the time. Times are bad, lay people off. Times are good, lay people off just to get the bigger bonuses for those at the top of the corporation.

Thankfully, as of now, MFC doesn't have that sort of corporate mentallity. As to if it will remain that way, well, that's anyone's guess.

Reactions: Jupiter551
lexmark402003 said:
How many of us that have spent 100's or 1000's of dollars on MFC started out thinking "I'm just going to spend the $20 to get premium so I can see the previews) and never spend any more?

It's all about the numbers. For every 100 "guests", a certain number will become "basics". For every 100 basics, a certain number will become premiums. For every 100 premiums, a certain number will become regular spenders.

To get that guy who spend's 100s or 1000s of dollars, you have to put up with a bunch of freeloaders or $20 premiums.

I know I pledged to myself that I would not spend more than $20 on MFC.

That was probably $1,000 or so in the past.

Agree it is about numbers.
Addition: For every 100 regular spenders, some will eventually be lost to neglect and bad model behaviour, losing those 100's or 1000's of dollars. One bad experience for a member can cost that model or even other models tens of thousands of dollars a year.

Reactions: LadyLuna
How does a girl with a low cam score affect MFC as a whole site? MFC is not dying just times are changing. What made some models a lot of tokens last year just does not cut it this year. There will always be freeloaders but there are ways around them.

Matt255 said:
How does a girl with a low cam score affect MFC as a whole site? MFC is not dying just times are changing. What made some models a lot of tokens last year just does not cut it this year. There will always be freeloaders but there are ways around them.

The girl with the low camscore is taking up bandwidth, and not earning the site much money in return.

Otherwise, she doesn't really seem to have an effect.

Does MFC start new cam girls with a standard cam score? New members and girls join each day its been that way since MFC started. Getting rid of the low cam scores girls besides increasing bandwidth how will it help struggling models?

Just to expand on my point that it's not impossible for new models to do well, but certainly not the norm...

One model I started hanging with just started MFC about a month ago. She's hot, British, and can be really funny (OK, I admit, the British part got me... I have a thing for hot British girls. Might be the fact that the first girl I ever fell truly in love with was British and beautiful.... but that's a story for another time...). But, she was in the top 20 when I checked last night. Considering we're just over halfway through the month and she's in the top 20, that's a MAJOR feat for a new model on MFC. And I think every MFC model in this forum can agree with how big of a deal it is to be in the top 20 so early.

She doesn't do public cum shows, either. Most of her topics revolve around getting her naked, then maybe a sexy dance in front of a standing mirror, then oil show, then a shower show; and then it resets the cycle. She gets a decent amount of privates, but she won't do them if a topic goal is close to completion or until she has finished the promised part of the goal if it finishes. That's a good thing, BTW.

Now, the one thing that kind of surprised me was her age. She's not old by any stretch of the imagination, mind you; but for a cam model she is definitely on the older side of a starting MFC model-- based on how many 18-early 20s models there are, I should say. But I also like hot women coser to my age... granted I'm still a good almost 8 years older than her. :lol: But I find it good that women in their early 30s can still show the unwashed masses of young guys that just because you hit 30 doesn't mean you lose all your looks. (Side note, I lost all my looks by the time I hit 21 :p :lol: )

So to all of you models out there in your 30s (or older), making money, and showing that you are hot, I say "you go girl!"

Contrast that with another new girl I know. She's friends with the model whose place I went to for the birthday party a few weeks back, and the model who hosted the party told me about her. Definitely a good looking girl, seems fun, etc. But on her first day she dropped over 200 camscore. On her first day. I talked to her that night and said "you've been on all day, haven't you?" (she was on when I went to work, and still on when I got home). When she said yes, I gave her some advice. You know, if you're not really making any tokens, feel free to log off for a little while, try to keep her demeanor cheery, interact with the room, etc.. I told her how camscore affects her placement on the list of models and if it drops too low she'll fall off the front page and that most members don't browse beyond the front page (her own response was "I didn't look past the first page before I joined, either.") Hopefully she has taken my advice to heart.

I have told both models about this forum, too; and told them to get verified model accounts if they join so they can talk with other models and maybe get advice from the models here, too.

But I think the second model I mentioned fell into a trap that most new models on MFC can fall in to. The "trying to be on as much as possible hoping to make money, not realizing if they are on when not making any tokens for hours, that it hurts their camscore to the point of making it very hard to recover" trap. It would be nice if places like the ACF were made known to new models when they start. Places they can talk to other models and learn the ropes, as it were. Or Even if MFC (and other sites) had their own forum for models to give advice and such. I mean camming is a competitive business, but the ACF shows it doesn't have to be cut throat. It can be friendly and helpful.

Matt255 said:
Does MFC start new cam girls with a standard cam score? New members and girls join each day its been that way since MFC started. Getting rid of the low cam scores girls besides increasing bandwidth how will it help struggling models?

New models start at 1000 camscore. Normally enough to be on the front page. After that, it is up to them to keep it there or move up.

As a note, members who are in the lounges can also browse by new models while in there. Under the video there is a Show option that normally has a link that says "All Models" next to it. Click that link and it will switch; and it can be switched to "New Models" and "Friends" when clicked. It can be a nice way to look for fresh faces when a member wants something different than the models who have been on MFC for a while.

LadyLuna said:
Matt255 said:

The girl with the low camscore is taking up bandwidth, and not earning the site much money in return.

Bandwidth is cheap, though. And the top earners probably bring in enough to MFC that their bandwidth is more than covered each month.

UncleThursday said:
LadyLuna said:
Matt255 said:

Bandwidth is cheap, though. And the top earners probably bring in enough to MFC that their bandwidth is more than covered each month.

The low camscore models use little bandwidth because they have few people watching. It is possible they even make money for MFC.

LadyLuna said:

The members have no interest in "The girl with the low camscore" cutting the sub 100 girls should raise the quality of the models and push a few to work a bit harder.

nzhere said:
LadyLuna said:

The members have no interest in "The girl with the low camscore" cutting the sub 100 girls should raise the quality of the models and push a few to work a bit harder.

For someone not interested in them you sure talk about them a lot. My understanding of the cam score system is that if you cut the sub 100 women everybody's score would adjust down and you would have a new batch of sub 100 women. Is my understanding wrong?

Shaun__ said:
My understanding of the cam score system is that if you cut the sub 100 women everybody's score would adjust down and you would have a new batch of sub 100 women. Is my understanding wrong?

my guess is no, you're not wrong....but another way to look at it is to realize that whereever you decide to make the cut, the bell curve will eventually reestablish itself, leaving the bottom 3% as the new "losers"

i'm thinkin the best solution to eliminating this bfd is to find a woman who you (not you personally....the generic you) love body and soul, turn off the computer, and leave it to leo to figure it out :)

Reactions: SoTxBob
bob said:
i'm thinkin the best solution to eliminating this bfd is to find a woman who you (not you personally....the generic you) love body and soul, turn off the computer, and leave it to leo to figure it out :)
Halfway through that sentence I thought you were talking about proposing to a 100 camscore girl :-D "bb, if you let me take you true pvt for the rest of my life u will make me the happiest member in teh world"

Shaun__ said:
nzhere said:
LadyLuna said:

For someone not interested in them you sure talk about them a lot. My understanding of the cam score system is that if you cut the sub 100 women everybody's score would adjust down and you would have a new batch of sub 100 women. Is my understanding wrong?

Um.. hm... I need to work a couple forumulas. Let me get back to you on this.

Now, the camscore is tokens/time /average tokens/time * 1000...

Status
Not open for further replies.