AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MFC traffic lower lately.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2012
Caireen posted this interesting twitter poll.

Basically, twice as many camgirls thought traffic was slower than the same or higher

I'm not sure if overall tipping is lower. But it does seem that the number of both talker and tipper is substantially lower than a year ago. Caireen has a very high camscore and pretty consistently is in the top 100, but even with a couple people, it is often only 2 or 3 people talking or tipping.

Another a model that I visit (with a much lower camscore) said that few years it was hard to keep up with the conversation in her room and now it is still only a few people talking and sometimes zero.

Even in some rooms (not all) with ~1000 people conversation seems to be very light.

I'm curious if other have experienced this?
Also, does anybody have a good source for hard numbers, (i.e. unique visitors on MFC). Have the average tokens been hour changed much over the last year or so?

• Helpful!
Reactions: caireen
Ugh editing limits. I meant. A couple hundred people in her room only 2 or 3 are talking/tipping.

It definitely is for me and we've all been talking about this for a while, so my guess is the answer to the general question is yes.

Ugh editing limits. I meant. A couple hundred people in her room only 2 or 3 are talking/tipping.

Yah, it definitely used to be the case that that was the average slow day. Now, it's the average day (at least for me).
I remember when I first started and we couldn't mute basics, and it was annoying because there were SO MANY PEOPLE talking all the time.
Recently, I have offered a FREE VIDEO to people for talking and STILL no one said anything. It's definitely not always like that but .. it is like that a lot of the time.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Picnic
Just for reference.

From JerryBoBerry, Jun 1, 2013.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/member-count.13697/#post-352391

12:47pm CST time today. There were 863 models online (total, including away, private, true private and group) and 31,191 people in all the rooms combined (again including the previous mentioned rooms and the three lounges). So there was an average of 36.143 people in each models room at that moment.

---

Then I just added up all viewers on MFC a few minutes ago.
As of 11:38 pm CST May 9, 2017.
Online model count: 1285
Total members in all rooms: 27104
Average members per room: 21.1

A bit less, but the one I did 4 years ago was done at noon, this one was done almost at midnight. I'll try to do a couple more counts during the day coming up to see.

But still overall, there was 27 thousand people online, only 4087 less than 2013. The big difference is there are 422 more models online now over 4 years ago. So, the average number of members in each room is lower. And i'm quite sure that 1285 model count, is a bit low for the average lately.

The lower traffic being noticed may not be that there are less members, so much as there are more models seeking members time.

Weird thing I noticed tonight: Usually when I'm on or see any other room about half of the room are guests. I've noticed less and less guests lately but wayyyyyy more premiums (tonight I didn't even crack 10 guests). Just a weird thing I've observed, not sure if it matters but my numbers are much lower than a year ago possibly because of this. I've also had a lot of time off from camming and don't really have a set schedule, so take that with a grain of salt. But things are harder, yes. Tips and talkers seem to be rarer. But... it's also summer soooooooo...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MFC seems to come and go in waves, I'm not worried.

US GDP is still week after the market crash. US wage growth is slowly slipping with inflation. 6 in 10 US have less then 500 in savings.

The good news is most of the world GDP is recovering, at a rate relfecting the overall growth in the economy.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EspiKvlt
The first full payment period that MFC gave us access to the social states was the second half of July 2016. So, I compared my visits per hour from that period to the last full payment period, the second half of April. This is less than a year apart and the differences could be for many reasons, seasonal, what I'm doing on cam, whatever, so take it as you will.

In July 2016, I had 8280 unique room visits per hour, on average, and 979 stayed for over 5 minutes. In April 2017, I had 5972 unique room visits per hour, on average, and 1083 stayed for over 5 minutes. My total number of hours worked are pretty comparable and my camscore was about the same. My 2017 stats did include 2 girl/girl shows while my 2016 ones were all solo, so it's actually pretty astounding how much lower 2017's is (and explains why more people stayed longer).

I pretty strongly believe this is because of ManyVids. Sooo many people who used to buy my videos on MFC and chat a little here and there while there now just buy on ManyVids so they don't watch me nearly as often. Clips4Sale was around before that but it's mostly fetish based, so it just didn't have the same draw for vanilla customers (which most MFC guys are) that MV has.

Just for reference.

From JerryBoBerry, Jun 1, 2013.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/member-count.13697/#post-352391

---

Then I just added up all viewers on MFC a few minutes ago.
As of 11:38 pm CST May 9, 2017.
Online model count: 1285
Total members in all rooms: 27104
Average members per room: 21.1

A bit less, but the one I did 4 years ago was done at noon, this one was done almost at midnight. I'll try to do a couple more counts during the day coming up to see.

But still overall, there was 27 thousand people online, only 4087 less than 2013. The big difference is there are 422 more models online now over 4 years ago. So, the average number of members in each room is lower. And i'm quite sure that 1285 model count, is a bit low for the average lately.

The lower traffic being noticed may not be that there are less members, so much as there are more models seeking members time.

Thanks JBB.

That's exactly what I was looking for, I vaguely remembered a thread on the subject from before. A 41% decrease in room count per model over 4 years is pretty significant and modest drop in the total number of viewers (although I agree a few more data points would be helpful for the later.)

My perception is that average token per hour is pretty steady or perhaps even risen slightly over the last few years. I don't believe that the percentage of tippers to viewers has gone up, but certainly, the size of the biggest tips has gone up, albeit it's only helped a very small number of models.

It also feels like the percentage of viewers who talk has dropped also. My programmings skill are very rusty, but it should not be too hard to make a script that counts the total number of unique talkers as a percentage of room viewers or per hour and run some chat logs through it. Looking at the chat logs from 4 years ago it really seems that way.

One thing I've definitely noticed is that there are lot more viewers on the most popular rooms on Chaturbate now than 4 years ago. It was rare 4 years ago for CB rooms to have more viewers than MFC but now it's common. at 8 PM PDT the top room on CB had 6600 (2 couples having sex) and 14 rooms over 1000. At 2AM just looking at female models the top girl (new) and 7300, two others had over 4K and 8 more were over 1000. At the same time MFC top room was 700. Now it seem bots are worse problem on CB than MFC. But the top rooms definitely had several hundred premium viewers on CB and lot more talking.

I have personally seen a huge dip in viewers since I started broadcasting in 2011. I think a lot of it has to do with MFC no longer coming up in a Google search for the term "camgirls". CB is the first result and the following are mostly tube sites. MFC is nowhere to be found, even 20 pages in. That exact search query is how I found the site.

I have personally seen a huge dip in viewers since I started broadcasting in 2011. I think a lot of it has to do with MFC no longer coming up in a Google search for the term "camgirls". CB is the first result and the following are mostly tube sites. MFC is nowhere to be found, even 20 pages in. That exact search query is how I found the site.

Holy hell you are right. CB is the number #2 and and CB clone is up there. Even camsoda is on the 2nd page

How in the hell did MFC screw up it's SEO so badly that this is possible?

Last edited:
Holy hell you are right. CB is the number #2 and and CB clone is up there. Even camsoda is on the 2nd page

How in the hell did MFC screw up it's SEO so badly that this is possible?
Looks like it has a lot more to do with Google than it does with MFC.
On both Bing and Yahoo, MFC comes up on the 1st page.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=camgi...8-9&sk=&cvid=1F4B1163A9264A938061B8B0595C9FB5
https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=c...124&fr2=p:fp,m:sb&.tsrc=yfp-hrtab-MF105,MF124

surprising "camgirls" isn't one of MFCs meta keywords.
Code:
<meta NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="myfreecams,free,cams,webcams,live,video,chat,sex,girls,nude,amateurs,models,adults,community,sound,myfreecam">

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I find that I talk less and have been on less in the last year... I don't spend less, I just spend richer when I am on and interact less day to day. I would have assumed it is just me, but perhaps I am not the only one.
A big reason for the change is that I face more PM hassles (I have PM open), so I tend to log on just to see who is around then log off. When exploring I am increasingly doing this as a guest, so I am there just not present as a member.

As it turns out I was recently looking at Caireen's room, considering a return visit, but it wasn't rewarding enough to reject my 'friend' company at that time. As a member I am definitely experiencing more inertia to stay offline/ guesting until I am sure of what I want.

The google search thing makes sense actually. Google are such advertising sluts, not really surprising.

Last edited:
My impression is less viewers but more tipping. It could be that MFC isn't today get much new traffic but had quite a lot of traffic 2+ years ago and that past traffic turned into premium members we see today.

It could also be because of MFC's outdated resolution. They are way behind other camsites in their HD streaming. Thats why I stopped being active on MFC.
Won't be coming back until they have that issue fixed.

I no longer think this is an issue, and hasn't been for quite some time, if ever. The truth is the other sites don't have that great of resolution compared to MFC. They are all very much comparable nowadays.

But let's put that to the test since you are so sure about it's outdated quality. I went to several of the major camsites and took screenshots, including some from MFC. They were all of models that showed up on the main page after loading the site, so one would expect them to be their best video quality. I then randomly assigned a 4 digit number to each and placed it under each screenshot in the imgur gallery linked below. See if you can identify which are from Myfreecams.

That's it. Simply tell me the 4 digit numbers of all you think are the worst quality, and thus from MFC. There's 26 total photos. I won't say how many are from MFC, any other site, or even how many different sites are represented. Let's see if MFC video quality really is 'way behind other camsites.'

Have fun. (You can click on the pictures to go to imgur to see the full sized screenshots if you wish.)

If anyone else wants to see if they can tell, feel free. I have a screenshot of all of them with the site taken from as their file names. I'll post it later. So you'll be able to find out how well you did.

And before anyone asks, all of them are taken at approximately the same pixel dimensions. So there was no zooming in to try to make one look worse than the others. The only thing specifically done was to omit any on-screen graphics from the screenshot which would identify the site. No mfc volume icon, no chaturbate logo, no... just the person on cam.

I no longer think this is an issue, and hasn't been for quite some time, if ever. The truth is the other sites don't have that great of resolution compared to MFC. They are all very much comparable nowadays.

But let's put that to the test since you are so sure about it's outdated quality. I went to several of the major camsites and took screenshots, including some from MFC. They were all of models that showed up on the main page after loading the site, so one would expect them to be their best video quality. I then randomly assigned a 4 digit number to each and placed it under each screenshot in the imgur gallery linked below. See if you can identify which are from Myfreecams.

That's it. Simply tell me the 4 digit numbers of all you think are the worst quality, and thus from MFC. There's 26 total photos. I won't say how many are from MFC, any other site, or even how many different sites are represented. Let's see if MFC video quality really is 'way behind other camsites.'

Have fun. (You can click on the pictures to go to imgur to see the full sized screenshots if you wish.)

If anyone else wants to see if they can tell, feel free. I have a screenshot of all of them with the site taken from as their file names. I'll post it later. So you'll be able to find out how well you did.

And before anyone asks, all of them are taken at approximately the same pixel dimensions. So there was no zooming in to try to make one look worse than the others. The only thing specifically done was to omit any on-screen graphics from the screenshot which would identify the site. No mfc volume icon, no chaturbate logo, no... just the person on cam.

Maybe its because my Macbook is from 2009?

None of those photos look HD to me. Ive seen screenshots on here from smartphones and Macs, those do look HD on my devices.

The first full payment period that MFC gave us access to the social states was the second half of July 2016. So, I compared my visits per hour from that period to the last full payment period, the second half of April. This is less than a year apart and the differences could be for many reasons, seasonal, what I'm doing on cam, whatever, so take it as you will.

In July 2016, I had 8280 unique room visits per hour, on average, and 979 stayed for over 5 minutes. In April 2017, I had 5972 unique room visits per hour, on average, and 1083 stayed for over 5 minutes. My total number of hours worked are pretty comparable and my camscore was about the same. My 2017 stats did include 2 girl/girl shows while my 2016 ones were all solo, so it's actually pretty astounding how much lower 2017's is (and explains why more people stayed longer).

I pretty strongly believe this is because of ManyVids. Sooo many people who used to buy my videos on MFC and chat a little here and there while there now just buy on ManyVids so they don't watch me nearly as often. Clips4Sale was around before that but it's mostly fetish based, so it just didn't have the same draw for vanilla customers (which most MFC guys are) that MV has.
Where are you seeing the per hour stat? As far as I see and understood when the stats launched (I spoke with admins when it was going live) the stats are per day.
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 10.43.18 AM.png

Where are you seeing the per hour stat? As far as I see and understood when the stats launched (I spoke with admins when it was going live) the stats are per day.
View attachment 70228
I just looked at my hours and divided it manually by using the hours in my token sessions. I didn't think it would be fair to compare the direct numbers without doing it hourly because while similar, the number of hours worked weren't exactly the same (I worked about 5 more in July 2016.)

I just looked at my hours and divided it manually by using the hours in my token sessions. I didn't think it would be fair to compare the direct numbers without doing it hourly because while similar, the number of hours worked weren't exactly the same (I worked about 5 more in July 2016.)
Roger that. I just thought I was missing something. :)

I find when I roll new accounts to try out other sites there's now a massive hostility from models. I'm sure there is some chasing potential new member away because it's becoming "Ok" to lash out at greys for no reason what so ever and sites are losing potential new clients as a result. Could also be new sites simple the girls are charging less and I'm getting a better deal to go else ware.

I've been spending more time on F4F and CamContacts lately because of better deals and less cranky models.

Status
Not open for further replies.