AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is mycamgirl.net broken?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd tag @MyCamgirl in this thread in case he doesn't know :)

Something's broken... I tried it again and it loaded fine, but only once... when I tried 4 more pages they all took between a minute and 90 secs to load. Status checks are now saying it is down again, but that is more probably due to the poor response time.

Just loaded for me today. Seems to be back up. But still really slow to load. As in, click a link and go make coffee. Maybe lunch, go for a walk, read a book type slow.

The site is loading promptly again for me.:clap: Seems to be gaps in the activity timelines for the recent past. Some days and sessions are missing.

I was on vacation and a certain person forbade me from using computers. I should leave a note next time...

The white screen issue was fixed. The issue causing the slow load was fixed too.

Yes, there is a gap in the stats. I will try to recover the missing data.

People who contacted me by email will get a reply today or tomorrow.

I should leave a note next time...
Hehe, I'm sure it was eye opening how many people freak out when your site isn't operating at full capacity! The tweets and messages I wake up to when ACF is having issues always makes me giggle.

Glad you're ok and hope you enjoyed your vacation! It is necessary to unplug sometimes. :)

Hehe, I'm sure it was eye opening how many people freak out when your site isn't operating at full capacity! The tweets and messages I wake up to when ACF is having issues always makes me giggle.

Glad you're ok and hope you enjoyed your vacation! It is necessary to unplug sometimes. :)

I think you both need back-up teams for vacations or if you are sick or something, not mention God forbid when you die. I mean with the billions you are making running ACF, and MyCamGirl surely you can afford 24x7x365 service.

Yes, I'm totally being sarcastic.

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I heard Mycamgirl will be donating 99% of his shares in Mycamgirl.net to charity over his lifetime.

bumping... because mycamgirl.net is down again, and has been for a few days (that I know of). mycamgirl.net is responding normally to pings, but not to HTTP requests. In addition to my own computer (using several browsers), I've tried with a geographically remote system. Same result: no response.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I really admire the MCG site, both as an end user and as a programmer. But at the risk of seeming ungrateful for what is a very unique, valuable (and free) resource, I have to wonder why the site is so often slow or completely unavailable. Is it a matter of money (for proper commercial hosting, for example)? Maybe MCG could set up (or publicize) a donation mechanism. Maybe there are personal issues such as family commitments, illness, lack of time, etc. There are certainly a lot of things in life that are more important than running a hobby-type website like MCG. For any website, not just MCG, it would be better to not attempt to run it at all if it can't be kept reasonably available.

It's not just a matter of users like me not being able to look something up. Is the site's data collection being disrupted during these outages, and if so, can the missing data be recovered or reconstructed later?

MyCamgirl.net is transferring servers. He tweeted about it in the last few days. Might take a little while. No need to panic!

Thanks; I guess that's one more twitter feed I need to follow. I know he posts here occasionally, so I was expecting to see something here.

Thanks for the info, it looks like it's already back up!

Still down for me... Last tweet was 19 hours ago. https://twitter.com/MyCamgirl

@WebcamStartup , the site has a lot more than the infographics, though those are informative and quite well done. The most useful and impressive parts of the site show a wide range of data about camgirl activity (when they were on, how long they were on, whether it was in public chat, group, private or true private, how many members in the room), cam scores (unless hidden by the model), and this is all presented in very readable and usable graphical format going back months or years. Supposedly, the data retrieved from MFC are all publicly accessible, either via some type of scraping process or maybe a private API.

Another useful feature shows models' name changes. In fact, that was what I was wanting to check on MCG earlier today--after reading about the PS/WN altercation, I was curious to see the name changes for myself, since (thankfully) I didn't see the original, controversial shows.

So, the MCG site is a treasure trove of statistics on MFC model activity, but it's always been somewhat unreliable or slow, which is a bit frustrating.

It's a free site built, managed and updated by one person purely for the fun of it.

We'll survive if it's a little slow or takes a couple days to change servers now and then me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.