AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MyFreeCams down?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2011
Sunny England
MFC Username
Sweetiebatman
Just wondering if it is for anyone else?

Getting stuck on the "Connecting to MyFreecams" bit

tried it on both my phone and PC

Let me lg in now, but is stuck on the same screen again!

Upvote 0
Yes. It's been down and annoying many for awhile now.

Upvote 0
According to the Twitters, it seems as if there's a server upgrade in the works. You'd think they'd have "Please excuse the downtime while we upgrade our server" or something of that nature on the loading screen....
yep there has been nothing from MFC at all it went down with no warning to models or members, which I think is pretty shit, considering its been down for so long now.

Upvote 0
Why is it so hard for them to communicate a little ? :/

It's SO hard to plan my night. I could shoot customs, or i could cam. I REALLY REALLY need to cam. But i have no idea if or when that will be possible..

I'm aware that its all probably something major going on. Maybe it wasn't planned and they're all freaking out. But one little tweet. Anything. Le sigh.

Upvote 0
Why is it so hard for them to communicate a little ? :/

It's SO hard to plan my night. I could shoot customs, or i could cam. I REALLY REALLY need to cam. But i have no idea if or when that will be possible..

I'm aware that its all probably something major going on. Maybe it wasn't planned and they're all freaking out. But one little tweet. Anything. Le sigh.

Support is something that I've found the entire camming industry is greatly lacking in. Some networks (looking at you Chaturbate and YouKandy) are way worst than others, but it's something the entire industry could greatly improve upon.

Upvote 0
I can get on, a few models online now but it wont load chat in the rooms for me

Upvote 0
FULLY FUNCTIONAL FOR ME NOW! HALLELUJAH!!

Upvote 0
I didn't realise it was down for so long yesterday; knew it was 2 hours at least but not 10!

Also... isn't working now either. Is this another 10 hour wait? 5 minutes? I agree, they should do *some* form of communication...

Upvote 0
Did it yesterday for a few hours and now it's doing it again. Nice to know it's during peak hours in the U.S.

Upvote 0
This type of intermitant downtime doesn't look like a server issue, more likely a DDOS attack which would explain the lack of communication (so as not to give the bad guys publicity).

Upvote 0
This type of intermitant downtime doesn't look like a server issue, more likely a DDOS attack which would explain the lack of communication (so as not to give the bad guys publicity).

I've had the DDOS Attack Map up on a monitor for several hours. It's been pretty light today. That's not saying it isn't possible, it just doesn't seem likely given how little activity I've been seeing.

http://map.norsecorp.com/#/

Upvote 0

Not necessarily - it can be also a result of their architecture not taking into consideration a lot of users trying to get back in at once - when I was on the site while it was crashing, two things were misbehaving: chat and the model list. The model list file is fetched every couple of minutes and is relatively large (from what another member mentioned to me long ago); now, imagine ~1000 models and who knows how many members suddenly rushing in, trying to load all of this. If those files are non-cacheable, *every* request will have to be handled by the server, which gets converted into a ton of database lookups, file reads, etc, all of which will overload the server(s) until they become so slow that it feels like the site is down (it might as well be, if it's that slow).

Upvote 0
After I finally got back in today, we continued where we left off, I cleared the countdown, got ready for strip and spanks, my browser crashed and I could not get back in :rage:
Shouldn't MFC give me my tokens back for that? Yeah, right, in my dreams...

Upvote 0
After I finally got back in today, we continued where we left off, I cleared the countdown, got ready for strip and spanks, my browser crashed and I could not get back in :rage:
Shouldn't MFC give me my tokens back for that? Yeah, right, in my dreams...

In my experience, if it's a model who has regulars and those regulars tipped heavily into a countdown (in which she benefitted, as would be the case with this), the model would tend to do something to make up for it. Sending a private video of whatever it was to those who tipped, starting a *much* lower coundown at an agreed upon time, or offering the affected members some bonus content are all things I've seen models do before when she couldn't complete the show.

But, every model is different and YMMV. In any case, I don't think MFC actually reverting the tips is fair to the model, since she was working that time and earned them.

Reactions: Gen and AmberCutie
Upvote 0
In my experience, if it's a model who has regulars and those regulars tipped heavily into a countdown (in which she benefitted, as would be the case with this), the model would tend to do something to make up for it. Sending a private video of whatever it was to those who tipped, starting a *much* lower coundown at an agreed upon time, or offering the affected members some bonus content are all things I've seen models do before when she couldn't complete the show.

But, every model is different and YMMV. In any case, I don't think MFC actually reverting the tips is fair to the model, since she was working that time and earned them.

once you give them to the model, for the MOST part any transaction dealings are between you and the model. It would be really hard for MFC to know if that model gave you something else to make up for it.

opps meant to quote @Fatquack

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.