AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is the Hitachi magic wand dead in the EU?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun__

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 16, 2011
I was reading an article about a vibrating alarm clock for women and learned the Hitachi has been outlawed in the EU. I was wondering if European models are planning to buy on the black market or just switch to Lovehoney's Magic Wand Vibrator instead.

The Little Rooster alarm clock
coXAR.jpg

Lovehoney's Magic Wand Vibrator
xFcJP.jpg

At the risk of sounding ridiculous ....

Never use your Hitachi (or other house-voltage vibe) in the tub.

Before anyone shoves an alarm clock up their twats, don't forget that sex toy companies actually do make vibrators, not just tractor builders. :-D Personally I prefer the small vibes that don't look like I'm masturbating with a giant marshmallow. :lol:

Reactions: Sia Green
LilyPink said:
Vibrating marshmallows... now there's an idea! Quick, someone patent it.

:handgestures-salute: To the sex cave! *insert montage spanning 3 weeks of research and development.

Reactions: Sia Green
JoleneJolene said:
LilyPink said:

:handgestures-salute: To the sex cave! *insert montage spanning 3 weeks of research and development.
can you make a prototype of my vibrating tampon while you're in there please? :D

Shaun__ said:
JoleneJolene said:
LilyPink said:

It was a hard three weeks but the results were worth it.

Oh my god!!!! :lol: My side hurts!

LilyPink said:

AedanRayne might have some leftover Jet Puft from her infamous show a few weeks ago that she could be willing to share. Dip your Hitachi into the stuff and let us know how it worked. :cool:

ViruSphere said:
LilyPink said:

AedanRayne might have some leftover Jet Puft from her infamous show a few weeks ago that she could be willing to share. Dip your Hitachi into the stuff and let us know how it worked. :cool:
I'm going to predict yeast infection.

Reactions: Lydia_Deetz
http://www.amazon.de/Original-Hitachi-M ... 669&sr=8-1

this product is NOT banned in the EU. as you see everybody can buy it even @ amazon, with the hint on the special purpose of it... it was originally designed as a massage-thingie for stressed muscles, so i lol'ed hard as i saw one in my friends house - he is a football-player (REAL football, no hand-egg) and got some muscle-problems a while ago and his doc told him to get that thing. i googled and found out that this device MAY have been banned somewhen in 2006 but now is perfectly fine to buy.

just to set things right^^

coolman20012 said:
http://www.amazon.de/Original-Hitachi-Magic-Wand-Aufliegevibrator/dp/B002WNC2ZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322963669&sr=8-1

this product is NOT banned in the EU. as you see everybody can buy it even @ amazon, with the hint on the special purpose of it... it was originally designed as a massage-thingie for stressed muscles, so i lol'ed hard as i saw one in my friends house - he is a football-player (REAL football, no hand-egg) and got some muscle-problems a while ago and his doc told him to get that thing. i googled and found out that this device MAY have been banned somewhen in 2006 but now is perfectly fine to buy.

Being for sell and being legal are two different things.

The Hitachi Magic Wand is available only in a 110-volt version for American domestic supplies. As the electric motor is contained in the head and is cooled by airflow through the gap between stem and head, this design is difficult to modify for double insulation according to European CE standards, and remains electrically dangerous, just as most handheld powertools.

"Being for sell and being legal are two different things."

at least in germany it IS the same... you are not allowed to sell stuff if it is banned somehow. otherwise amazon would sell some dolls which are perfectly legal in japan in EU and US also, but they don't. especially amazon is very cautious with those things.

"The Hitachi Magic Wand is available only in a 110-volt version for American domestic supplies."

where is the problem? therefor the device comes with a converter which transforms our 230V into the needed 110V. there is no danger in that at all.

coolman20012 said:
http://www.amazon.de/Original-Hitachi-Magic-Wand-Aufliegevibrator/dp/B002WNC2ZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322963669&sr=8-1

LOL I could only imagine seeing this at some football player's house, lmao!!!
Does this mean I don't have to hide it when people come over to my place? lol

coolman20012 said:
"Being for sell and being legal are two different things."

at least in germany it IS the same... you are not allowed to sell stuff if it is banned somehow. otherwise amazon would sell some dolls which are perfectly legal in japan in EU and US also, but they don't. especially amazon is very cautious with those things.

"The Hitachi Magic Wand is available only in a 110-volt version for American domestic supplies."

where is the problem? therefor the device comes with a converter which transforms our 230V into the needed 110V. there is no danger in that at all.

It did not meet the requirements to be double insulated, and that means they could not get the little sticker that says they are safe to use. The article also said the 50 hertz frequency used in parts of Europe was unsafe to use with the variable speed controller that was designed for 60 Hertz as well. I also translated the page and it was not Amazon selling it but a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.