AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is the Satisfaction Score function broken?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Over the past 30 days I have been visiting my favorite model trying to help increase her satisfaction score by giving her a thumbs up after tipping the required 25 tokens. 30 days ago her satisfaction score was 49 positive votes with zero negative votes. I have been upvoting her every single day during this 30 day period, and yes I have made sure to wait more than 24 hours before trying to upvote her again. About 10 days ago I noted that her satisfaction score had only increased to 55 after 20 days of continuous upvoting. That's an increase of only 6 upvotes over a 20 day period. This morning I went to visit her and I noticed that her satisfaction rating had dropped to 51. So after 30 days of continuous daily upvoting, I've only managed to raise her satisfaction score by 2 points. I am also leaving positive comments in the dialogue box that pops up after you click the thumbs-up icon. I am also getting the text prompts in the chat window saying that my upvote was recorded.

This is one of the few legit ways we have to help the models beyond giving them tokens, and if it's not broken or bugged, I'm not sure what might be going on.

Anyone have any ideas what might be happening?

Are you says she's got 79 upvotes with no downvotes and she's at 55%? That's super weird.

Satisfaction scores also really only help with remaining in good standing with the website, it doesn't really seem to affect the algorithm as far as I've heard/seen so it's not like they do much. If you get too many downvotes and your % drops below a certain threshold you'll have your fanclub disabled but that's about it really.

The notes are also only seen by the model, they aren't public. They are nice to read though, I read every single one of mine.

Upvote 0
Her previous upvotes have expired. The satisfaction score only shows the previous 60 or 90 days. I don’t remember which.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Upvote 0
Are you says she's got 79 upvotes with no downvotes and she's at 55%? That's super weird.

Satisfaction scores also really only help with remaining in good standing with the website, it doesn't really seem to affect the algorithm as far as I've heard/seen so it's not like they do much. If you get too many downvotes and your % drops below a certain threshold you'll have your fanclub disabled but that's about it really.

The notes are also only seen by the model, they aren't public. They are nice to read though, I read every single one of mine.
She started with 49 upvotes and zero downvotes. I gave her a thumbs up every single day for 30 days and she only ended up with 51 upvotes. An increase of only 2.

I realize that the satisfaction scores drop over time because the upvotes drop off after 90 days, but for her to only show an increase of 2 upvotes over 30 days of continuous upvoting seems odd.

Upvote 0
^ This. As you add new thumbs up, the old are rolling off. It's hard to keep it up (no pun intended) unless you have multiple people doing that same thing along with you.

Upvote 0
I contacted CB support asking about this around 6 months ago. After about 8 useless responses, asking me to confirm my ID and why I was interested, I gave up.
But I figured out over time, as others have replied already, that satisfaction ratings expire and even if you do a thumbsup every 24 hours, that doesn't seem to count for much. In all likelihood, your feedback is a rolling vote and only counted once in that rating period.

Upvote 0
You have to also remember that she may have received 10 of those votes in 1 single show. So 10 would drop off at the same time. Meaning you only make it become -9 instead of -10 from her current.

Ask her to look and she can scroll through and see the dates for them all. I think

Upvote 0
I am not sure anymore but it used to be that a user could only downvote every 60 or 90 days but upvote every day. Maybe this changed for upvotes too (counts only one upvote in 60 or 90 days).

Upvote 0
Interesting thread, I'd always assumed the thumbs up/down counts wavering day-by-day were a CB coding glitch.

What is CB's logic in resetting counts at regular intervals? Why the hell not leave it alone and keep it as a more accurate indicator, ala Youtube?

Upvote 0
What is CB's logic in resetting counts at regular intervals? Why the hell not leave it alone and keep it as a more accurate indicator, ala Youtube?
CB never resets the count. Instead, every single vote has an expiration date, 90 days after the model received it. Thus if a model gets voted up once every day, she won't see the count grow from 0 to 90, then drop to 0, and then slowly grow again. Instead, the count will grow to 90 and then be 90 as long as she gets voted up daily. Every day an old vote expires and a new vote is added.

I consider that quite reasonable, both from the model's view and from the visitor's view.

As a visitor, if I look at the votes at all, I rather want to know how the model performed recently, not what happened years ago.

Often models are sad about the first downvote, and knowing that all votes expire after 90 days comforts them.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
But are they also counted every day? 30 daily upvotes=30 upvotes whereas 30 daily downvotes=1 downvote?
This is what I was trying to figure out by contacting support, but they either could not comprehend the question, or couldn't answer it. Maybe both :)
From the broadcaster's point of view, the fact that ratings are only counted over a set time period works in their favour when somebody downvotes them, especially if there is a malicious campaign to negatively influence their satisfaction rating.

Upvote 0
But are they also counted every day? 30 daily upvotes=30 upvotes whereas 30 daily downvotes=1 downvote?

Yes.

I did not test downvotes, and I did not test 30 upvotes, but about 15 upvotes within 90 days.

I use several age verified avatars for app development, and often I tip them. Once I tipped 25 tokens, my app will nicely and privately thank me and ask me to help even more and vote up. Who am I to reject such a polite request? Thus I often upvote my avatars, and their satisfaction score gets higher and higher, until, of course, the votes expire after 90 days. One of my avatars reached a score of 15:0 that way. I verified that nobody else tipped that avatar.

Just to ensure things did not change last week, I tipped that avatar yesterday and I voted it up, and today I see that vote counted as well. That's why my answer is a bit late.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The other replies are correct regarding old qualifications rolling off. It might help to have her put a tip item in her menu for 25 tokens, something like "give a thumbs up, thank you for your support!" just so that note pops up to remind people every time there is a 25 token tip, which is a common amount people tip even just to say "hi".

Above all try to get your model to stop paying attention to the satisfaction score, just do her best and not stress about it, nobody cares except haters anyway.

Upvote 0
Haven't cammed on CB for a long time (Just logged in to see, and it says it's been 9 months). But this is what it says about the satisfaction score.

score.jpg

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.