AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is the tip menu ambiguity intentional?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2023
Hello,

I am trying to learn what I can on this topic and was hoping some of you could provide input. ***NOTE*** Please remember I am only asking to learn and interested from a financial perspective. I do not pass any judgement or make any assumptions on any prices or services set by anyone.

So very often times I see things like "rub/touch breasts", "rub pussy", "spank booty", etc. when the model is clothed. There are even some that seem a bit more confusing such as "Flash tits 100 tokens" then "Massage Tits 90 tokens" on the same menu. Shouldn't playing with them cost more than just a look?

As a user I would be wondering like does the rub breasts, pinch nipples, etc happen through clothes or is it nude as well? Spank booty as in lean to the side and give your back packet a pat or nude bottom 10 hand print slaps?

I have also seen goals set to "remove top" which once reached revealed that the model was wearing a modest bra underneath that wasn't removed. The room users were not amused and seemed upset at times.

I realize that it is not feasible to say "For 100 tokens I will stand up and turn facing away from the camera and reveal my booty 100% for a duration of 20-23 seconds and slap it with my open right hand with 17000 Newtons of force 3 times" of course and I also realize menus change, rotate, etc. I am just curious if the very wide range of interpretation in many menus is intentional or not? If so, what are the reasons for this?

There are also some menus that are careful not to do this that some models have. So in the end is it a good idea or bad idea from the business standpoint?

Also, I do realize that users could always message the model and ask for clarity, but as a user I didn't and those I know did either. It was just easier to go to the next one. And while I doubt my tips made any difference at all, it does seem like from the asking around I have done that there is a chunk of lost revenue.

Thanks to anyone that replies.

Not sure what site youre on but on mfc for example you have character limits.
That's a very good point. Thank you for the response. MFC is one of the few I haven't really researched much as from my understanding it no longer allows studios.

Hello,

I am trying to learn what I can on this topic and was hoping some of you could provide input. ***NOTE*** Please remember I am only asking to learn and interested from a financial perspective. I do not pass any judgement or make any assumptions on any prices or services set by anyone.

So very often times I see things like "rub/touch breasts", "rub pussy", "spank booty", etc. when the model is clothed. There are even some that seem a bit more confusing such as "Flash tits 100 tokens" then "Massage Tits 90 tokens" on the same menu. Shouldn't playing with them cost more than just a look?

As a user I would be wondering like does the rub breasts, pinch nipples, etc happen through clothes or is it nude as well? Spank booty as in lean to the side and give your back packet a pat or nude bottom 10 hand print slaps?

I have also seen goals set to "remove top" which once reached revealed that the model was wearing a modest bra underneath that wasn't removed. The room users were not amused and seemed upset at times.

I realize that it is not feasible to say "For 100 tokens I will stand up and turn facing away from the camera and reveal my booty 100% for a duration of 20-23 seconds and slap it with my open right hand with 17000 Newtons of force 3 times" of course and I also realize menus change, rotate, etc. I am just curious if the very wide range of interpretation in many menus is intentional or not? If so, what are the reasons for this?

There are also some menus that are careful not to do this that some models have. So in the end is it a good idea or bad idea from the business standpoint?

Also, I do realize that users could always message the model and ask for clarity, but as a user I didn't and those I know did either. It was just easier to go to the next one. And while I doubt my tips made any difference at all, it does seem like from the asking around I have done that there is a chunk of lost revenue.

I think you’re overthinking it… I doubt there’s any hard and fast rule to menu items parlance.

Hello,

Mostly if it doesn't specify naked/topless then it won't be that, so no, if a menu item is "rub/touch boobs" (as an example) then it's just that, it will be with however the model is now - be it clothed completely, if she is in her bra, or if she is fully naked from a met goal already. It truly is "as it is written" and I think this is a smart way for models, it's the guy's own fault for making any assumption that it means naked/topless etc.

Usually rooms will specify if it's naked/topless (without clothes).

It's really simpler than you need to make it out to be, it is exactly how it is.

If members want a specific action, they should initiate private.

I have a theory that men with boners are temporarily illiterate.
All computing resources maxed out to perform a single operation.

Hello,

Hi. Yeah, maybe "Massage tits" meant that she'd massage them over top of her bra (or top) that's still on? Or maybe she'll slide her hand underneath her top to massage them without actually showing you her tits. Doesn't hurt to just ask nicely for clarity. We like tip notes too. If you're going to message a message to ask for clarity (If she allows you to PM her), keep the PM very brief. Don't let it turn into "Okay, thanks! So how have you been? Did you have a nice Christmas?" That's conversation y'all could be having in public chat...where her attention should be focused on.

I can't stress this enough, but if you want to tip for a specific action from a model's tip menu (Ass clap/flash for 50 tokens, for example)...PLEASE tip it in a single tip of 50 tokens, and specify that it's for "ass clap/flash." Don't be that guy who does the 1-token tip x 50, and expects models to tally that up and do math. Lol. And then he continues doing that mess every time he tips for something (1 token + 1 token + 1 tokens...etc.). :facepalm:

Hi. Yeah, maybe "Massage tits" meant that she'd massage them over top of her bra (or top) that's still on? Or maybe she'll slide her hand underneath her top to massage them without actually showing you her tits. Doesn't hurt to just ask nicely for clarity. We like tip notes too. If you're going to message a message to ask for clarity (If she allows you to PM her), keep the PM very brief. Don't let it turn into "Okay, thanks! So how have you been? Did you have a nice Christmas?" That's conversation y'all could be having in public chat...where her attention should be focused on.

I can't stress this enough, but if you want to tip for a specific action from a model's tip menu (Ass clap/flash for 50 tokens, for example)...PLEASE tip it in a single tip of 50 tokens, and specify that it's for "ass clap/flash." Don't be that guy who does the 1-token tip x 50, and expects models to tally that up and do math. Lol. And then he continues doing that mess every time he tips for something (1 token + 1 token + 1 tokens...etc.). :facepalm:

Off-topic, but after a guy was doing the 1tk - 1tk - 1tk - 1tk - 1tk - 1tk blast I saw the model roll her eyes and sarcastically said:

“Thank you. We’ve achieved confirmation that the Lush is working…”

I was like 👏👏👏

A certain ambiguity is unavoidable with language differences I think.

For example, "Remove top" I would expect to be just that: take off blouse/shirt to reveal whatever is under (maybe bra maybe bare flesh). However to me "Topless" implies above the waist naked, (a "topless beach" is not one in which people just remove their shirts and cover their upper torso with something else ;) ).

However I would not be annoyed if the outcome was not what I was "expecting". Life is full of surprises :)

Reactions: Maxi_P
100 percent @Ozzie_ … this is supposed to be adult entertainment; we don’t expect an itemised receipt at the end of it.

It’s fun, it’s fluid, it’s supposed to be about communication and interaction.

This has been really informative, thanks for the feedback and input so far! @yummybrownfox GREAT advice on keeping the PM short and to the point. So we have focused a good portion of our research on VR (for internal reasons of our own) and it does seem like there is a great divide in some areas. So a few things on that, we will use StripChat to keep it to a single platform.

1) Doing the 1tk - 1tk thing is kinda of negated by the brilliant (in my opinion anyway) menu system where you click the item you want, it sends that amount and alerts the room & model of what menu item was purchased. That's something that seems to go over pretty well. Not to say that you couldn't still try the 1 token a time thing or similar, but seems much more rare as typing is not near as easy in VR. This leads to the next thing.

2) Typing in VR is a major pain compared to normal keyboard. Not just an inconvenience, but a major pain. It is very tedious. Even more so when done one handed/with a single controller as is common enough in VR in general. Even the simplest of things to say can take a while. It not only is rough to do, it breaks immersion which as many studies have shown is the big appeal of VR. VR developers all across the board have issues with this, especially video game designers. Here you have to turn your head, usually at an odd angle and then "point and click" to each letter you type (for anyone unfamiliar). So the idea of "just asking" is exponentially less likely to happen in VR. You can try voice to text but that has many problems of its own. You have to talk very loud, it doesn't handle punctuation much at all, and the algorithms tend to try and avoid words commonly used in this industry. We experimented with 3 random models tip menus and out of a grand total of 46 things listed only about 19 were properly spelled out.

3) Stripchat wont allow members to send a PM to the model without upgrading beyond a tipping member to a monthly subscription for "Ultimate Membership" at $19.99 / month. Not saying anything for or against that idea, just another observed reason people may not pm and just ask for clarity.

That is not to say the posts here are inaccurate, and I am by no means an expert or anything, just wanted to share what we have learned to hopefully give back what I am able. So take that for what its worth.

@Ozzie_ and @Maxi_P I love to see people having fun that's awesome! However at the end of the day you very much do get an itemized receipt for what you spent your money on which is also how much the model made. It's great to see models loving their work and enjoying themselves of course. But from the business side of things it seemed a bit remiss not to at least take a glance and review some of these things too if it would help the bottom line.

I am really grateful for the responses! Finding the optimal setup for revenue generation is a never ending pursuit after all. :)

You seem very sound and reasoned, and good to hear you take the feedback you get seriously - this is probably the best place online to get that feedback.

Good luck!

Reactions: oxotalent
I have a theory that men with boners are temporarily illiterate.
Also innumerate. They either want it right now for no tokens, tip low and demand high, or go joyously broke making you perform on the parallel bars and ride the Derby - lol

Im aslo a model and for eg on Cherry.tv for special requests i suggest private session or befor going online i chose the Turn me On menu for nude or non nude actions . But yes ,maybe too much overthinking . The members will express themselfe for sure . with or withought a boner they know what they want .

Hmm. I never do anything if its not tipped for off the menu, example 5tk = blow a kiss, if someone tips me 5x 1 tk I definitely won't be searching through my menu and calculate what they tipped and what I should do. They have to tip off the menu to get an action.
Exception is if something isn't on the menu, they ask about it, I decide I can do it and tell the price, and then they tip but it still has to be a single tip, example someone asks me to wear heels and I tell them it's 70 tk for me to get up and put heels on, they can't tip 70x 1tk and expect me to do it after 30 minutes of sitting there forgetting about the question already/doing a tip goal/request from someone else that has common sense of how to tip

Hmm. I never do anything if its not tipped for off the menu, example 5tk = blow a kiss, if someone tips me 5x 1 tk I definitely won't be searching through my menu and calculate what they tipped and what I should do. They have to tip off the menu to get an action.
Exception is if something isn't on the menu, they ask about it, I decide I can do it and tell the price, and then they tip but it still has to be a single tip, example someone asks me to wear heels and I tell them it's 70 tk for me to get up and put heels on, they can't tip 70x 1tk and expect me to do it after 30 minutes of sitting there forgetting about the question already/doing a tip goal/request from someone else that has common sense of how to tip

I don’t search through my menu either (I have it memorized how much each thing is), and I’m not sitting there tallying up a bunch of 1-token tips just because some obnoxious dude decided to take 30 minutes to tip me 40 tokens (in 1-token increments) for a boobs flash.

That’s why I said they can put it in a SINGLE tip note…or they can tip it directly from my MFC Share tip menu.

Reactions: Lexi_Summers
Hello,

When in doubt ask for clarification. It’s really the only thing you can do. The menu items are left ambiguous on purpose because they have to blanket a vast variety of actions. For example, Everyone likes to see a booty spanked the way they like. It is unrealistic to expect a model to know exactly how every viewer that comes into her room wants to see it. There is a good amount of stuff she maybe has never even heard of yet. So the generic “spank booty” covers it. She knows if someone wants something super specific they will ask her. If not, you’re gonna get what she has decided what “spank booty” means for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.