AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is this a failing model just trying to scam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2016
Hi everybody,
Other than the who are you post I made this is why first post.
So here's the deal. I went into this new models room back on February 21st according to the archives. She was very nice and I tipped her of course and she was selling custom videos and I really like to help out new models because I know how rough the competition is, so I bought one. I visited her room twice more. He friended me and PMed me a few times to thank me for ripping and stuff. A few weeks so by, I wasn't on the site much, or I missed when she was on. So then twice I saw her on but she was in private but while she was in privaye, she PM'ed and asked if I would please come to her room that things were slow. I never did cuz I was hanging with a model that I am really good friends with. So that was the last I heard from her until yesterday. I got this email from her (I DONT KNOW THE RULES ABOUT POSTING MODEL'S USER NAMES WITH THIS STUFF SO I'LL LEAVE IT OUT UNTIL SOMEONE CAN ADVISE ME)

Hey guys . I'm not one to usually ask for help but right now I really desperately need it . I had to leave Arizona and run away to California to get away from an extremely abusive relationship. I almost lost my life. I wasn't able to grab anything: My computer for camming and 90% of my belongings ; basically all I could grab was a small backpack full of things. I'm not able to work on mfc again until I can save up for a computer. Leaving everything behind means I have to start over on a lot of things and also take time off of working on mfc . I don't really have any friends and family to turn to because my abuser isolated me from the ones that I love. I'm really in a terrible situation and feel scared & hopeless.If anyone can donate offline tips to help out it would be deeply appreciated and I will spoil you in return. If you are not able to I completely understand and would also really appreciate it if you could reblog this or send to others . Thank you so much .

So what do you guys think of that. That just SCREAMS scam. I mean if I knew it was true or even thought it was possible I would take a chance and help her a little but it just sounds so suspicious. Can anyone give me their opinion?

No clue, could be, might not be. No real way to tell without becoming some sort of creepy detective (not advising this). If you feel like you'd like to help her out without recompense, go for it, but I'd only do it with the knowledge that I could tip the money and be done with it, not wonder if I'd been scammed or not. If that's the road you think tipping would lead to, then most certainly don't.

No clue, could be, might not be. No real way to tell without becoming some sort of creepy detective (not advising this). If you feel like you'd like to help her out without recompense, go for it, but I'd only do it with the knowledge that I could tip the money and be done with it, not wonder if I'd been scammed or not. If that's the road you think tipping would lead to, then most certainly don't.

I mean I know she put she will "spoil" anyone who helps her. I could not care less about anything like that. Its such a crazy situation.

IS IT OK TO POST THE MODEL'S USERNAME TO SEE IF SNYONE KNOWS HER ON HERE?

Even if what she says is true, it isn't like you have formed a long relationship with her. Send her something if you feel you want to but don't feel bad if you decide not too.

Reactions: swagger
In this kind of situations you should realize that helping is not about her, it is about YOU.

This means there is no point to think back and forth about if this is a scam or not, this costs you only time and energy. The solution is to make a decision. If you help her you can feel good about doing a good deed and hope that fate will reward you at some point in the future, if you decide not to help you can alway refer to the fact that there are police stations who normally should provide assistance if there is really a big problem....
My personel view is this is a scam....

:)

Fair warning, if you send money be prepared for more demands .....

Thanks everyone. I figure I'll send her 100 tokens and be done with it. Its not gonna kill me if it's a scam. If she really could use it then I helped someone out a tiny bit. But that's it, asking for more is gonna get nowhere with me.

Reactions: Gen and swagger
In this kind of situations you should realize that helping is not about her, it is about YOU.

This means there is no point to think back and forth about if this is a scam or not, this costs you only time and energy. The solution is to make a decision. If you help her you can feel good about doing a good deed and hope that fate will reward you at some point in the future, if you decide not to help you can alway refer to the fact that there are police stations who normally should provide assistance if there is really a big problem....
My personel view is this is a scam....

:)

Fair warning, if you send money be prepared for more demands .....

Reactions: shylurkerdude
I don't really have any friends and family to turn to because my abuser isolated me from the ones that I love.

This is strongly indicating it's a scam. She's trying to really pull on your heart strings by making you think she's all alone, but that can't be the case. She has to still have friends or family she can lean on. Family will put up with a lot. Even if the abuser did isolate her, once she's free from him they'd likely understand and support her.

Furthermore, it doesn't sound like you were particularly close to her. Other members who know her better would probably be more likely to donate anyway. You'd probably be better to give that 100 tokens to a model that you know well (like that model you're good friends with).

She's trying to really pull on your heart strings by making you think she's all alone, but that can't be the case. She has to still have friends or family she can lean on. Family will put up with a lot. Even if the abuser did isolate her, once she's free from him they'd likely understand and support her.

I have no opinion as to whether this is a scam or not, but what I've quoted above is definitely NOT anything that you can assume about anybody. Maybe somebody else will explain why, I'm not currently in the right headspace to do so myself.

I'm not sure how much money she currently has, but as far as her having a computer to use, she could look into renting a laptop from her local Rent-A-Center. I rented a Toshiba laptop from there some years ago for $65 (it was a 2-week rental). Or she may be able to find a used laptop for sale on Craigslist, or one of those local "Yard Sale" or "Mom Swap" Facebook groups (for local people looking to buy/sell items).

If she happens to have a cell phone or iPad/tablet with the Facebook app (or if she can get to her local library to use her Facebook account), she could post a FB status explaining her situation (if she has a personal FB account), and state that anyone willing to help her out can message her privately on FB...whether they're loaning her money or giving her money. Maybe one/some of her friends on FB could send her some money via Western Union.

She may need to change her payment method on MFC since she's moved to another state. If she was getting paid by direct deposit but happens to have a bank card linked to her checking account, then she could just go to a nearby ATM and withdraw her money from her new location in California. Or consider choosing Payoneer (and get the Payoneer debit card) if she thinks that may be better for her.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
No offense Nick, but a lot of times, people seek out abusive relationships because that's what they grew up with, so the assumption family is a safe place could be a complete false assumption. Let me clarify what I meant earlier, if you dig the chick and want to help, help, but don't make assumptions or necessarily believe what she's in. If you want to help, help, but do it regardless of your, or her, narrative.

"I wasn't able to grab anything: My computer for camming and 90% of my belongings ; basically all I could grab was a small backpack full of things. I'm not able to work on mfc again until I can save up for a computer."

I don't know the model, but this bit...ok, now I understand not seeing her and her living situation will make it impossible to know more of what's up. This is if cam models take time off...how can I put this, asking for offline tips rarely works, and being off for even a day can make a lot of members go to another room. I understand that most will have this more cemented in their minds do to it being such a dramatic story, but she will lose many tippers if she's off even in a non-abusive situation. If she thought it would be a good scam, she definitely didn't think it through, unless maybe she has another form of income until she can work on MFC regularly again...but that just doesn't feel like the case to me. Even if she did, she'd make near to nothing from offline tips (offline tips generally aren't profitable unless you can be on cam regularly)

I feel like the "spoil you in return bit" I figure a safe thing if you want to tip, but fear scam is tip for something small, then build up if you feel more trust toward the model. She seems willing to work for the tips, which means a lot to me at least. If it's true, she's likely panicked right now, and trying to think of anything/everything that can help which is why she likely frantically sent a bunch of MFC mail to members for help (especially if she really had no one to turn to. Most camgirls tend to be kinda home body loner types, so sadly I can see it happening as well)

I'd definitely advice her to calm her down about her situation. Helpful advice like @Songbird_Shelly gave. While chatting with her, it may give you more or less reason to believe her story. If nothing else, if it is real then maybe she can use the advice to help get her life back on track.

If it's something where a model asks for money, but she doesn't have to leave cam, or can't back up any of the story I question it more (not that they aren't telling the truth, but it feels weird to me). In her case, I think the majority of what happened is likely true at least.

It does sound suspect, formulaic even.

Also not so different than these girls I used to chat with 20 years ago on IRC who got a new Polish roommate one day. Shock of their lives when their offer of a room was taken. Turned out fine that time, suspect not always.

@DFT Sorry I'm not quite sure what happened here. Someone said they needed help, didn't really (just needed a place to crash) and was actually in an ok situation? I'm thinking that's what you were saying.

And sure I wasn't meaning that OP should take everything as fact, but camgirls away from cam don't tend to make much money...even ones claiming they desperately need it. I figure if she really does say, rent a laptop like Shelly said, then it might be a bit more helpful for everyone. I can see how that would happen all the time with IRC (desperate folks wanting a place to stay sure I see that happening unfortunately), but claiming disaster and never being on cam is only formulaic for little to $0. There's I guess a slim chance someone will decide to tip a ton without her being on cam, but frankly I doubt it.

This is strongly indicating it's a scam. She's trying to really pull on your heart strings by making you think she's all alone, but that can't be the case. She has to still have friends or family she can lean on. Family will put up with a lot. Even if the abuser did isolate her, once she's free from him they'd likely understand and support her.
I thought the same thing when I read it.
I almost lost my life. I wasn't able to grab anything: My computer for camming and 90% of my belongings ; basically all I could grab was a small backpack full of things.
This bit too made me wonder. If life and limb were threatened, why not go down to the sheriff's department and explain the situation? They will accompany you to the residence and see to it you can get your belongings.

My sympathies to all the ladies in battered women's shelters, but this one, if she is legit, has got some issues tokens ain't gonna fix.

This is a cam model who you have visited a couple of times, not your sister, gf, wife, close friend etc. She sent that letter to multiple members. I think you should just find a different model's chat room to hang out in, it sounds harsh but the world is tough all over for everyone.

Yeah I decided against sending any money. I am curious why Sevrin said February 21st was interesting? Do you know who I'm talking about by chance?

I've got no opinion on whether it's a scam or if not, whether to send her money. But y'all are seriously, seriously uneducated about domestic abuse.
Abusers in fact *do* isolate their victims from their family and friends. This is textbook DV 101 shit. Further, not all families form a support network for each other. Maybe they can't or won't help her out. Maybe she doesn't trust them or get along with them.
Domestic violence victims are also unlikely to contact the police, let alone the sherrifs department about the abuse and their belongings. When they run, they run as far and aa fast as they can. Abusers hold a weird sway over their victims, and can find it very easy to pull their victim back in.

I've got no opinion on whether it's a scam or if not, whether to send her money. But y'all are seriously, seriously uneducated about domestic abuse.
Abusers in fact *do* isolate their victims from their family and friends. This is textbook DV 101 shit. Further, not all families form a support network for each other. Maybe they can't or won't help her out. Maybe she doesn't trust them or get along with them.
Domestic violence victims are also unlikely to contact the police, let alone the sherrifs department about the abuse and their belongings. When they run, they run as far and aa fast as they can. Abusers hold a weird sway over their victims, and can find it very easy to pull their victim back in.
Good points.

I had to leave Arizona and run away to California to get away from an extremely abusive relationship....I don't really have any friends and family to turn to because my abuser isolated me from the ones that I love.
Here is another question I have. She left Arizona, and ran away to California. Unless she immediately checked herself into a homeless shelter, then I would assume she has someone in California to turn to for help. Personally, wouldn't send the tokens.

• Helpful!
Since Ann asked, she'd been stripping since she was 15 and ran away from home before that to live on her own rather than abusive home. That was better. Somehow that sounded similar to me with this story. Sorry if I'm off topic.

Super sweet soul, lost track of her a few years ago when she redid her accounts, she's been a US citizen for years now married to a guy who doesn't treat her like an immigrant. First husband was another shit. (Got his side from him, he wanted a servant)

Hope that clears up where I'm coming from

Why is that?

I'm curious too, actually. Maybe he checked his February 21 archives, and found that he got the same copy-and-paste message from that model. Who knows?

I totally agree with you. Someone who is in an abusive relationship may have burned all their bridges in some cases. However, scammers likely advantage of this and will either make up a totally fake story or greatly embellish the truth. How many birthdays do some models have per year? How many homeless vets are really panhandling at intersections? Lots of people create fake stories with the intention of separating you from your money.

I didn't get the sense that the model in the OP was really in that situation. It sounded more like a made-up story.

Since Ann asked, she'd been stripping since she was 15 and ran away from home before that to live on her own rather than abusive home. That was better. Somehow that sounded similar to me with this story. Sorry if I'm off topic.

Super sweet soul, lost track of her a few years ago when she redid her accounts, she's been a US citizen for years now married to a guy who doesn't treat her like an immigrant. First husband was another shit. (Got his side from him, he wanted a servant)

Hope that clears up where I'm coming from

Eh, I get it in the sense of it being a classic "sob story"; but again I feel that if she is trying to scam anyone she's at least not going to likely make a lot from it being off cam until she gets a computer to cam from (not saying she isn't, but I don't know). Doesn't make it less sleazy to pull at heartstrings through lies for extra cash.

Here is another question I have. She left Arizona, and ran away to California. Unless she immediately checked herself into a homeless shelter, then I would assume she has someone in California to turn to for help. Personally, wouldn't send the tokens.

Awesome catch! I didn't note that bit when I was typing up my response at 5am lol. Agreed, I'd feel much less worried about her, give her a helpline and well wishes. Sure it may not be "family" or "friends" but it does seem that someone at least is is willing to help get her back on her feet. I figure the rest (if true) will take time to get settled again no matter the money...looks like she's off to a start at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.