AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is Wearing Makeup Really Needed?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahC998

Cam Model
Oct 26, 2018
Hi! So I've been on chaturbate for about a week and I've been doing pretty good for just starting I'd say. One question I have is, is wearing makeup really needed? I never wear makeup, because I just can't do it right. I have dexterity issues and I've tried for years to apply makeup and all I can do is put on mascara and sometimes lipstick. Anything else I just cannot do.
Will I still do okay camming? Everything I've read says makeup is pretty much a necessity so you look good on cam.

Nothing is really guaranteed. If you been doing well without it, rock it! Confidence and comfort are most important.

Yeah girl I think you could easily slay your cam shows without makeup. I agree with Jolene that it really comes down to confidence. As long as your visitors like you, then you're golden! This is still my first week and although I've been getting compliments for my physical appearance, it really seems that the vast majority of my fans gravitate towards my personality and energy since I chit chat a lot, smile, and own my goofy, dorky sense of humor. They love it and I highly doubt they care if my eyeliner is on point or even if it's on at all!

You can also play around with your hair/jewelry/outfits too which will easily draw attention regardless of makeup :)

I totally agree with Jolene - I've been making clips & dabbling in camming since I was 18 and actually do better in terms of sales when I' not wearing much makeup.
I'm half blind and have very shaky hands so applying makeup I have to be basically TOUCHING the mirror. As well as that, doing a full face of makeup can take an hour or more and dealing with chronic fatigue, every minute of my time is precious. I started wearing just a hint of winged liner, maybe some mascara, and maybe a little bit of lipstick vs the whole foundation contour routine. My skin is a lot happier & I get more done

It really depends what works for you, and if you're doing okay - great! Some models use the "natural" tag in terms of makeup and such, and customers love it.

Reactions: Kitty_Blue
I don’t think it’s crucial unless it’s part of your persona. Like if you’re a cos player. Maybe it helps if you’re super dominate?

I’m nowhere near that adventurous yet. Though one day cosplay. I wear light makeup about 50% of the time and no make up the other 50%. I don’t think it hurts my daily earnings at all. In fact the one time o did full face makeup I make very little and a few of my regulars said they missed me being natural. But hey everyone is different this is just my experience so far.

I don’t think makeup is needed. Makeup should enhance your features and more times then not just mascara or lipstick alone is enough. I envy anyone that has confidence to be in front of the camera sans makeup.

Even when I would do a full face of makeup with perfect eyebrows, contour, plump lips and falsies, no one really specifically compliments the makeup.

A few days ago I recently changed back over to only foundation, mascara, blush and a lip tint. Takes me 5 mins to apply. But in the summer time I did more of an effort with more products that took 20-30 mins daily. I have no decrease in income and I get to have my burly ass eyebrows on cam lol.

My makeup style changes with the season and I’m thankful there is no impact in earnings with the changes.

Reactions: MollyMidnight
For me the perfect look is “nude” make up where I am to look as natural as possible while still enhancing my features. I don’t wear foundation cause it tends to look fake on cam on me, but if I don’t wear mascara or lip tint I look dead

It really just depends on the person.

For me, I have really red skin, and cameras, especially webcams, intensify it. So I wear really heavy makeup on camera, heavier than I would in person because cameras really pick up that redness.

If I don't, people act like I have a skin disease. (I'm not exaggerating)

I feel like heavy eye makeup and heavy overall makeup, though, is really unnecessary unless it's part of your look.

No one has said this here yet, so i just want to mention: LIGHTING can have a huge impact - more than make up. you can boost your brightness so you're just a little overexposed and it will make yoru skin tone look more even.. etc.

It depends on your skin. HD cameras pick up my acne (it's hormonal, no amount of skincare gets rid of it completely), so I need foundation, then the foundation combined with the lighting means that my face now looks 2-D, so contouring is now necessary to add dimension back. Eyeliner/mascara can help emphasize the eyes, I get most compliments on them when I skip eyeshadow but do mascara and liner. I've tried out different lipstick shades, and I make the most money in a red lip, so that's what I wear, but it varies a lot from person to person.

While I personally really enjoy doing full glam makeup, it's not absolutely required for cam, though it's fun to play around with different looks to find out what I enjoy/what does better.

Hi! So I've been on chaturbate for about a week and I've been doing pretty good for just starting I'd say. One question I have is, is wearing makeup really needed?

Nope, it's not needed. :) If you feel that you look good without it, don't use it unless you actually want to. I just wear Carmex chapstick. LOL.

I saw it mentioned once but I think yes, makeup is totally optional (I wear more on cam than in real life but it's pretty minimal and natural) but lighting is the key! I have a couple lights set up on each side of me but also if you haven't already you might think about a ring light- I just got a little clip on one for like $25 on amazon, clip it behind my laptop, and it's made such a big difference in how I look on cam. It just evens out dark shadows really nicely.

I used to wear a whole production, talk about primers, sprays, foundation, correctors, whatever you saw a beauty youtuber or instagram doing, I did, until my face started to burn every time I was done working from removing it.
Now I am only doing my eyebrows and mascara and, when I feel fancy, fake eyelashes and minimal eyeliner or just a red lipstick with eyebrows, eyebrows are important, specially if you can do the Dwayne Johnson eyebrow thing that he does. I don't want to feel burns in my face and I was starting to get concerned about aging.

Also, as everybody mention here, invest in lights. They are a blessing.

I haven’t really noticed a difference in production on the days I am or am not wearing makeup.
If you’re more confident with makeup, wear it.
If you’re less confident because you’re worried about how jenky your eyeliner is or if you borked up your contour, skip it.

Reactions: Tristyn
Definitely not needed. I'm self conscious about my skin so I wear foundation, and then need blush and highlight to bring the dimension back. A swipe of eyeshadow on my eyes (gold) to bring some life back into those and then mascara because otherwise my eyelashes look weird. And then I need a nude lipstick (wears off pretty soon anyway tbh) because otherwise I have foundation lips.

Most of my makeup is just done to bring dimension into the face after I do foundation to cover up my skin. When I have clear skin I don't bother with makeup and do fine.

I rarely wear foundation, but I really overdue the blush on cam cause I'll look washed out if I don't. Just have to remember to wash my face before I go out or I look kinda clownish. I don't really see a difference in income either way, though if I do a heavier look I do get more submissive guys while if I do a more natural look I get more vanilla guys.

edit: I also use a good primer no matter what. It kind of minimizes pores without the need of getting foundation smudged on my nose(glasses are a thorn in my side and my reason that I've mostly said goodbye to foundation).

Just have to remember to wash my face before I go out or I look kinda clownish

I'm bad about not doing this, I've gone to IHOP at 6am in full drag makeup and sweats to smash a plate of pancakes before going to bed. I look weird but tip well, and that's what really matters.

I'm bad about not doing this, I've gone to IHOP at 6am in full drag makeup and sweats to smash a plate of pancakes before going to bed. I look weird but tip well, and that's what really matters.
I have gone out often and am just happy my normal asthetic is slightly overapplied blush so it doesn't look too out of the ordinary.

This is literally me but instead its Waffle House and a plate of smothered hashbrowns.

I personally don't wear make up... haven't since I started in june. I don't know how, and it makes me feel dumb... I do ok, but I have fairly good skin... I don't like my face all that much and I have a dopey smile but some members like me so I have that going for me

Hi! So I've been on chaturbate for about a week and I've been doing pretty good for just starting I'd say. One question I have is, is wearing makeup really needed? I never wear makeup, because I just can't do it right. I have dexterity issues and I've tried for years to apply makeup and all I can do is put on mascara and sometimes lipstick. Anything else I just cannot do.
Will I still do okay camming? Everything I've read says makeup is pretty much a necessity so you look good on cam.

If you feel confident the way you are that’s all that matters! The client will notice your confidence and admire you for it! If you want to wear makeup but struggling; there are plenty of makeup gurus on YouTube!

Reactions: melanieoncam
Hey, Hannah. I thought the same at first but some of us look better with little to no makeup. And plus wearing makeup all the time can be bad for your skin. I think it’s good to let your skin breathe for a while.

I like to wear foundation and do some contouring because I am old, but I think it's all about what works for you and makes you feel good about yourself. Also, if I don't wear lipstick, I look so washed out because of the blonde hair so I always put it on even though I don't really wear it much in real life. I bought mink eyelashes because I thought that would look awesome, but have yet to take them out of the box! I already have a lot to do to get ready to hit that 'broadcast' button and am not interested in adding more!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Some models occasionally do shows wearing glasses with messy hair and no make up. They remind me of morning sex before going to work.

I go back and forth between full face, costume makeup, and totally all natural tired face. Ultimately it matters how I'm feeling and how well I perform, makeup or no is a coin toss as to good or bad earnings.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.