AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I've made a really huge mistake and I'm scared there's no turning back..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2016
So I joined MFC in March. Great pay, best I've ever gotten from a cam site. Also love the user and model interface. MFC is by far my favorite site to cam on.

However, at the end of March I made the mistake of giving away too much for free. Did a whole show with no TK. Yes, I know it was really dumb, just really godaweful stupid, I thought that maybe if people saw what they liked then maybe tips would pop in. Not one. I was wrong in my thinking and saw that people just wanted to see what they could get away with for free.

I was scared to log back in, thinking that now nobody would tip me, ever ever again. I've also thought about the fact that people could have recorded me and now I could be anywhere on the internet (which I don't care ALL that much, being as I never really get on cam if I don't look good, and I'm also plotting a whole body and style 360 anyways... but what angers me about this fact is that I may never get tipped with tk again ever... in my whole life...)

So yeah I was scared to log back in thinking nobody would tip, or even get many comments. Yesterday I logged in, and guess what? I was right. I even did something new. I was listening to pandora and dancing around and decided 'HEY I should get on cam and do this, and strip too).. Nobody budged a muscle.

I recently bought toys and I'm waiting for them to come in. I'm hoping that the idea of something new would help them budge, once again, but I could be wrong Again...

I've already learned from my mistake of being too trusting, but if anybody has any other tips for me raising my TK, it'd be SUPER appreciated, thanks!! (btw I just created a ManyVids, if that makes a difference)

• Hugs
Reactions: PennyLaPerv
To be honest I don't see how this will affect you. Getting people to tip is hard and just because you had an off night I wouldn't assume that it's because you did a free show. Some ladies do free shows if they meet a monthly goal so who is to say that isn't what you were doing? Chances are you have different people in your room all the time so the vast majority of members on MFC aren't going to know you ever even put on a free show. You may have had some people add you as a favorite that don't tip but that happens anyway. There's lots of information here about getting tokens and raising camscore that I would assume you have already read so all you can do is just keep on logging in and putting on enjoyable shows.

Eta: Oh I see you aren't verified yet. I recognized your picture so assumed you were. Definitely do that and then you can read all the threads about raising camscore and entertaining rooms of all different sizes. :)

As a member I may be less inclined to tip you if you were doing free shows every night. After all, what's the point right? But if it's just once off, there's absolutely no impact on my choices. The sky, it is not falling.

Think of it this way. If you had set a goal for cum show and it was reached, once you start the show your viewer count quadruples but every few or none of these new viewers tip. Most of them don't even know who tipped what for show because it happened before they arrived. So I wouldn't worry about this one thing damning you on MFC forever. Just go back to doing what you are comfortable with.

You may be attracting a certain sort of crowd with your current MFC username, so maybe make it something more personable, see how that goes.

I personally would never even click on a room named "Swallowcum", let alone tip/participate.

You may be attracting a certain sort of crowd with your current MFC username, so maybe make it something more personable, see how that goes.

I personally would never even click on a room named "Swallowcum", let alone tip/participate.
^this x10. The way I think of it is - most guys want a women who is classy on your outside and sexual on the inside. Names and avatars(i.e. MFC and twitter) would be the outside.

Regarding the change in tokens, there are no pricing rules, especially nothing fixed over time, make changes as you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Oh I hadn't looked at your profile. Whoops. I completely agree about your username. I wouldn't take you seriously.

Completely off topic though but I see you list phone sex as being something you offer. You should look into making a Niteflirt account if you enjoy phone sex. You will make significantly more per minute than what you're charging on MFC.

I give you extra points for your MFC name, stands out - but not sure what type of members you will attract ;)

Regarding your " free show" and nobody will ever tip you again in your whole life.....
Don't worry,most of the girls on MFC are doing free shows and are doing fine...
The way it works is that you can have a nice target lets say 5000 tokens and you have 1 big tipper giving you 5000 tokens and you do your show, the show will be free for maybe a couple of hundred or even 1000s of members.
My guess is that on average 90 % of members get a free show tipped for by the other 10 percent, but maybe the next day the tipping members come into a room and see a show in progress tipped for by members who maybe saw a free show before.

What you mean is you did a show and did not earn anything, this is easy to fix - don't do it again.

So in total no permanent damage done

I'm going to be blunt in my answer. Please do not take it as me being disrespectful or anything of that nature.

In my experience the majority of people visit cam sites because they want to have real interaction with a real person. A woman they may see at a grocery store...a game...the coffee shop. If you look at the top 20 girls 90% of the time they are just being normal girls. They aren't talking about sex or sex acts. They aren't being sexually vulgar. Aside from a random joke or remark here and there they are just half naked and hanging out with friends.

Any night of the week most men can go to a bar and find a random chick to hook up with. I am NOT slut shaming and I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with having a promiscuous attitude but I'm saying that for the most part it does not work on MFC.

With the name SwallowsCum you are going to get the same thing you would get at a bar if you were sitting there talking about that. A man that just wants sex. Not a man that is going to invest in getting to know you. Building a friendship. Spending time with you.

I don't think the free show is what is hurting you...I think that it's the fact that you aren't showcasing yourself as real.

There are many personality types that work on MFC...but I honestly can't think of one succesful girl that has a name like that (aside from someone joking or tipping for that name). Is it possible....sure...but I have not really seen it.

The best way to be successful on MFC is to be a real person. To take the best qualities of your personality and showcase them. If you are into gaming...be a gaming girl...if you are a normal girl next door...be the girl next door...if you are sporty...talk about sports...etc. If you talk about sex, sex acts, name yourself as such, talk about being promiscuous...etc...you are only going to attract freeloaders who are coming online to get off. That's not going to work for tips...I get less than 5% of my nightly tips during or after a show. 95% of my tips come before my show even starts.

The other important thing is if anyone even asks sex questions shut it down. Guys will ask these questions because it gets them off. If they do simply say "You are free to stay and hang out but I don't talk about my sex life or answer sex questions in public chat. Just hang out and get to know me as a person." Or do what I do...ignore them. If they keep asking I tell them they are being disrespectful.

Also...stay consistent on MFC so people can come back to you and get to know you. New people sign up every day. They usually lock into a favorite model pretty fast...you will lose regulars...especially in the begining if you disappear for a couple days.

I was just looking at your profile. I'm not sure how many members actually read them... but it might help if you simplify your tip chart. I read it, and it made my head spin!

Example from your profile:
Spoil with a $6 gift and get 6% off everything. So instead of 60tk you tip 51tk. If spoil me with $20 gift, receive 20% off so 60tk tip is 48tk.... Anything over $100 is automatic month of 90% off, plus a month of 85%, then a month of 80% off.

I think it's a bad idea, because #1 you almost need a math degree to know what to tip, #2 it's way too much work for you to keep track of, #3 it's encouraging people to tip you LESS and just buy you gifts which will drop your camscore.

Simplify your token chart with something like:
Tits Flash = X tokens
Ass Flash = X tokens
Spank = X tokens
Dancing = X tokens
ETC....

You could always run a special here or there if you wanted to give a deal on flashes for example one day. Then maybe put it in your topic that you're doing flashes today for X tokens.

Every time I read about giving away a free show being a huge mistake, and never do anything without getting tokens first. My mind always goes back to 'it's MFC,' there is no set rules and no way to predict what will happen.

There's one model in particular who started on MFC by simply getting on cam and started masturbating from the first minute. Then she continued for hours. She did that every day and never did counts for months after starting. By the above logic she should have been a total failure, yet people tipped her freely enough during her shows to skyrocket her rank from day one. And it never really went down. Her camscore is 15300 at this very moment.

So don't assume anything you do is going to ruin it. You don't know that.

I do not agree with the suggestion of getting on cam and masturbating in free chat with the hopes of getting tipped for it...

I agree with GoddessAria that you would benefit from getting verified on here to participate in the Models Only section.

I'm really concerned your offering phone sex. Please don't be using your actual phone.

Agreed with everything that's been said so far by the lovely ladies. To add, if some members can take advantage and/or get something for free they will. You may come to learn there are different types of personalities for folks on MFC and some of those folks don't give two snots about you and will take advantage in an instant. Also good ol' deferred responsibility.

Just an FYI - MFc used to have rules against advertising for any payment outside of tokens on your page there - not sure if that's the case now? (listing skype and such).

I'm really concerned your offering phone sex. Please don't be using your actual phone.

Agreed with everything that's been said so far by the lovely ladies. To add, if some members can take advantage and/or get something for free they will. You may come to learn there are different types of personalities for folks on MFC and some of those folks don't give two snots about you and will take advantage in an instant. Also good ol' deferred responsibility.

Just an FYI - MFc used to have rules against advertising for any payment outside of tokens on your page there - not sure if that's the case now? (listing skype and such).

Do most models use a textnow or textplus number??

as for the payments and skype, I think I've seen other models do it so I figured it was fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do most models use a textnow or textplus number??

Options for phone sex:

Niteflirt - This seems to be an extremely popular site for phone sex, and it's been around for a good while.
DreamLover
ChatStar

I recently heard of the following fake phone number apps (I'd never heard of them before): Fongo, Sideline, and GrooveIP. I would've mentioned Google Voice, but I heard another cam girl say that when she tested it out with friends, it would occasionally glitch with texts and show her real number.

*big hugs* I just wanted to say that you don't need to worry that one action will equal failure. IAnd I hope that you realize that it isn't nearly as big of a deal as you think it is. It was one of your first shows in your first weeks on MFC. Wanna know a not-so-secret secret? Almost every single camgirl I know has done something a little bit silly in their first weeks - whether it be giving away a show, being scammed outta a Skype, believing Amazon gifts have been purchased and giving away content and/or shows... It's all one big learning experience. And unfortunately, when you're a new model, the learning curve is a lot steeper!

Don't think of it as a failure that will make and break your entire career. It won't. There are SOOOO many guys on the website - out of the many, many, many dudes who visit MFC, only a very small portion saw your free show and will remember it. The next time you log in, there will be more faces, more dudes who will be eager to see what you can do, and get to know you. If there are a few who remember and pester you to do another, just block them and move on with your kickass self. It's your room, your show, you make the rules depending on your comfort levels. Whether you are a new model or a more established one with years over your belt... You can evolve at any time and try new things.

It wasn't a failure or a mistake. It was a learning experience. Now you know not to do free shows, because it doesn't make you feel good. Anything that can make you feel so terribly isn't worth repeating, no matter how many tokens you get! Camming isn't easy, and it takes a lot of trial and error to find your groove and your style. Especially if you aren't verified for the ACF Model Section - the other ladies are right! Signing up will give up access to a wealth of information that will help you. I can't imagine the blunders I would have made when I first started without the ACF - as it is, I did give away a lot of fetishy shows for free, which I shouldn't have! So you aren't alone!

Camming, especially in the beginning, is a good opportunity for evolution as you discover your style and presentation. You get to try new things, you get to change anything you want, you get to discover your boundaries and make your own rules. The free show wasn't a mistake, it was an experiment in style! ;) Any now you know not to repeat that experiment, and you learned a lot from it!

I promise, the free show didn't have any bearing on not making tokens. If you had waited weeks between the show and logging in, a lot of regulars might have moved on and it can effect your camscore. Or, more likely, you could be having an off night. Every cam girl has nights when she hits her goals relatively easily - and the exact opposite, having nights where she doesn't make a single token in hours. And it's a flip of the coin what kind of night it will be! There is no rhyme or reason for the off-nights sometimes. They just happen. And that is no shame or blame on you! It's just the crazy emotional roller-coaster ride that is camming!

All you can do is use those nights to flame your discovery. Try new things - and don't beat yourself up if they flop. You're learning your style - this will involve successes and failures. Try to log in every day at the same time to help build regulars. Watch other camgirls and find your favorites. Don't copy them - but try to recognize what you like about those girls, what makes you want to stay and watch. Recognizing the strengths in others can make it easier to recognize your own strengths and how to bring them out to the surface and use them towards your shows. Does that make sense?

Already, it looks like you have taken many suggestions offered in this Thread - which makes me think you're going to do alright! You're already exploring new things and spreading your eggs in many different baskets. Just don't beat yourself up so much for "mistakes"! They will happen. I promise, this won't be your last learning experience! But they won't make or break you unless you let them! But I promise - one show isn't going to destroy your career! You got this! *hugs*

*big hugs* I just wanted to say that you don't need to worry that one action will equal failure. IAnd I hope that you realize that it isn't nearly as big of a deal as you think it is. It was one of your first shows in your first weeks on MFC. Wanna know a not-so-secret secret? Almost every single camgirl I know has done something a little bit silly in their first weeks - whether it be giving away a show, being scammed outta a Skype, believing Amazon gifts have been purchased and giving away content and/or shows... It's all one big learning experience. And unfortunately, when you're a new model, the learning curve is a lot steeper!

Don't think of it as a failure that will make and break your entire career. It won't. There are SOOOO many guys on the website - out of the many, many, many dudes who visit MFC, only a very small portion saw your free show and will remember it. The next time you log in, there will be more faces, more dudes who will be eager to see what you can do, and get to know you. If there are a few who remember and pester you to do another, just block them and move on with your kickass self. It's your room, your show, you make the rules depending on your comfort levels. Whether you are a new model or a more established one with years over your belt... You can evolve at any time and try new things.

It wasn't a failure or a mistake. It was a learning experience. Now you know not to do free shows, because it doesn't make you feel good. Anything that can make you feel so terribly isn't worth repeating, no matter how many tokens you get! Camming isn't easy, and it takes a lot of trial and error to find your groove and your style. Especially if you aren't verified for the ACF Model Section - the other ladies are right! Signing up will give up access to a wealth of information that will help you. I can't imagine the blunders I would have made when I first started without the ACF - as it is, I did give away a lot of fetishy shows for free, which I shouldn't have! So you aren't alone!

Camming, especially in the beginning, is a good opportunity for evolution as you discover your style and presentation. You get to try new things, you get to change anything you want, you get to discover your boundaries and make your own rules. The free show wasn't a mistake, it was an experiment in style! ;) Any now you know not to repeat that experiment, and you learned a lot from it!

I promise, the free show didn't have any bearing on not making tokens. If you had waited weeks between the show and logging in, a lot of regulars might have moved on and it can effect your camscore. Or, more likely, you could be having an off night. Every cam girl has nights when she hits her goals relatively easily - and the exact opposite, having nights where she doesn't make a single token in hours. And it's a flip of the coin what kind of night it will be! There is no rhyme or reason for the off-nights sometimes. They just happen. And that is no shame or blame on you! It's just the crazy emotional roller-coaster ride that is camming!

All you can do is use those nights to flame your discovery. Try new things - and don't beat yourself up if they flop. You're learning your style - this will involve successes and failures. Try to log in every day at the same time to help build regulars. Watch other camgirls and find your favorites. Don't copy them - but try to recognize what you like about those girls, what makes you want to stay and watch. Recognizing the strengths in others can make it easier to recognize your own strengths and how to bring them out to the surface and use them towards your shows. Does that make sense?

Already, it looks like you have taken many suggestions offered in this Thread - which makes me think you're going to do alright! You're already exploring new things and spreading your eggs in many different baskets. Just don't beat yourself up so much for "mistakes"! They will happen. I promise, this won't be your last learning experience! But they won't make or break you unless you let them! But I promise - one show isn't going to destroy your career! You got this! *hugs*
Great advice ^^^

Super super sorry for the overreaction guys I kinda do that a lot :/

Options for phone sex:

Niteflirt - This seems to be an extremely popular site for phone sex, and it's been around for a good while.
DreamLover
ChatStar

I recently heard of the following fake phone number apps (I'd never heard of them before): Fongo, Sideline, and GrooveIP. I would've mentioned Google Voice, but I heard another cam girl say that when she tested it out with friends, it would occasionally glitch with texts and show her real number.

Thanks SO much for this info!! Sideline is like my best friend now lol and I'm on NiteFlirt now also :D

Thank you soo much!! =)
Bits and pieces I've came to realize myself
thanks for the reassurance lbs :D you've made me realize i need to not be so hard on myself LoL xD

Oh I hadn't looked at your profile. Whoops. I completely agree about your username. I wouldn't take you seriously.

Completely off topic though but I see you list phone sex as being something you offer. You should look into making a Niteflirt account if you enjoy phone sex. You will make significantly more per minute than what you're charging on MFC.

I have nothing to add, but just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :party::party::party:

Super super sorry for the overreaction guys I kinda do that a lot :/
No "Sorry"s needed, lovely! I hope I didn't make you feel badly about your initial post - that certainly wasn't my intention! Your emotions are your emotions and they are valid and real, which means you don't need to apologize for them! I just wanted to reassure you that in spite of your reaction, everything would be alright! And that's one of the amazing aspects of this community. If you ever get worried about a situation or feel overwhelmed with an aspect of camming, there is a whole lovely community of amazing models who have been in the same place and can give you reassures or interweb hugs or just a listening ear.

As far as your original post don't beat yourself up so much, you did nothing wrong; certainly nothing worth worrying as much as you seem to have. You're going to be okay and it will work out, just don't sell yourself short. Your time and talents are worth something, figure out exactly what and don't look back!

And as was mentioned earlier obtain model status on this site, the knowledge the model's have here is worth more than all the tokens on any cam site. I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

Reactions: Rosia
I've had quite a few nights where I've learned what I don't want to be doing on camming by trying it out. I also have learned what I do want to be doing that way. Go easy on yourself. You're going to learn your boundaries from camming and build a room of lovely people who support you. You are not something you tried one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.