AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Javascript is dead? Oh no......

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2014
Well, my freeloading days may be over as MFC won't work for me anymore. Made the massive mistake of updating both Firefox and Chrome and WHAM! I've now found out they no longer support javascript, which MFC uses...

I think I'm already going into detox and it's only been an hour.

Well, my freeloading days may be over as MFC won't work for me anymore. Made the massive mistake of updating both Firefox and Chrome and WHAM! I've now found out they no longer support javascript, which MFC uses...

I think I'm already going into detox and it's only been an hour.
What are you talking about? All browsers still support javascript.

Nope, the browsers are free, so money won't help. It's all about the version numbers. Starting with version 53 of Firefox, they no longer support javascript. I'll try the Pale Moon browser and see if that'll work. It's free as well. whew.

• Wat?!
Reactions: OldHippy
From the Firefox site when I search for plug-ins....
Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?
Beginning in Firefox version 52, support for NPAPI plugins in Firefox has ended, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Same sort of dialog with Chrome, so I'll be looking for a workaround.

He meant go premium.

I thought that was obvious.

I was wondering what his problem was but apparently the spending of 20 dollars doesn't help him out. That was my only solution (I can still see models). Oh well.

I am sure someone more knowledgeable will be around to help you out Basic Guy

Last edited:
yeah, this is a technical issue with web browsers on my windows computer. I'll figure it out.

I'm just a bit shocked that the big guys of the internet are making this move with the latest updates. If he was alive, Steve Jobs would be happy. He always wanted to kill Flash, Java and Javascript.

yeah, this is a technical issue with web browsers on my windows computer. I'll figure it out.

I'm just a bit shocked that the big guys of the internet are making this move with the latest updates. If he was alive, Steve Jobs would be happy. He always wanted to kill Flash, Java and Javascript.

God damn you, Steve Jobs
200.gif

Javascript is absolutely fundamental to the modern internet. There is no way it will go away any time soon. You're correct that Java Applets, Silverlight, Acrobat, Flash*, etc are past their expiry date and no longer supported by any modern browser. The few that may still have some limited support now won't before the end of the year.

Just stick to websites that have been updated in the last 7 years or so and you should be fine.

* Flash is a special case, in that many browsers still have some form of non-plugin support.

Last edited:
Well, my freeloading days may be over as MFC won't work for me anymore. Made the massive mistake of updating both Firefox and Chrome and WHAM! I've now found out they no longer support javascript, which MFC uses

In Firefox.
Go to this: about:support
Then hit the Refresh Firefox button. See if MFC works.
firefox_2017-05-26_01-10-23.png

In Chrome, go to Settings. Go to the bottom and click on Show Advanced Settings. Go to the bottom again. Hit the Reset button.
chrome_2017-05-26_00-50-24.png

I found the ESR version of Firefox and that got things working again other than MFC, which still won't load except the mobile site. I got chrome working again using an older version. I just have to be careful to never update again.

I actually noticed the java problems on other websites and started investigating from there. MFC was the hardest hit on my computer because javascript is vital to the display of that site. It would just sit there with "Connecting to MyFreeCams..." and never connect.

JavaScript and java have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. Whoever named JavaScript was a moron for giving it that confusing name.

Every browser supports JavaScript and will forever.

Java has been dead as a dodo for a while now. But pretty much no site has used it in years.

You're likely running into the issue of browsers dropping support for Flash. This has been a long time coming, and is quite frankly long overdue. You can jump through some hoops to re-enable it, or you can visit sites that use HTML5 Video instead of Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.