AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Just got an Instant Pot...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
broccoli is super simple, just drop in the pot with some water, set to steam for 1 minute. Let it sit at high pressure for another minute or two. If you want to get fancy you can add some garlic, carrots, olive oil or what ever. Corn is really, really good.

Instant Pot Green Beans
Instant-Pot-Green-Beans.jpg

Maple-Smoked Brisket
IMG_4849-2copy.jpg

Instant Pot Corn with Cajun Butter
instant-pot-corn-on-cob-2-1.jpg

Instant Pot Maple Short Ribs
Instant-Pot-Short-Ribs-5.jpg

Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Instant-Pot-Chicken-and-Rice-Image.jpg

Instant Pot Beef Stew
instant-pot-beef-stew-recipe.jpg

Instant Pot Beef with Broccoli
Broccoli-Beef-Rice-Bowls-make-the-perfect-weeknight-dish-e1452110711311.jpg

Instant Pot Corn Beef

Last edited:
May be able to make Sukiyaki quick in something like that, I just prefer cooking on stovetop. It's on the menu for me tonight though mmmm~ Best dish and simple recipes available all over online.

It's basically just thin strips of beef (can easily omit the beef and have it vegan if preferred and still sooo good!) then enkoi and shitake mushrooms (can just double the shitaki if enoki is hard to get where you live) firm tofu sliced in cubes (I prefer extra firm though) thickly sliced Leeks, and I like to throw in some bok choy or cabbage too. You cook the beef in brown sugar and a little sesame oil, then add the other chopped ingredients! You steep and cook them all in a sauce of soy sauce, rice vinegar, cooking sake, and some more brown sugar mixed in some boiled water averaging about a cups worth. Boil until the ingredients are to your preferred doneness and serve the whole pot at the table hot for everyone to pick and choose from, or if eating alone just make a bowl for yourself and save leftovers for easy reheat.

There are many variations on Sukiyaki though, even by region within Japan. Here's a cute video of a good Kansai style recipe for reference, but it is a dish you can really alter a little and be just fine. :D This turned into trying to sell people on making one of my favorite dishes and trying it haha! But I hope someone enjoys!

Attachments

• sukiyaki.jpg
    sukiyaki.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
Hands down one of the most amazing things I've ever made. Crock pot Mexican chicken.

- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 15oz cans of black beans
- ~15oz of chicken broth
- 1 4oz can of diced green chilis
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional toppings: chopped green onion, shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips.

Directions
-Combine ingredients in the order they are listed above, chicken breasts on top. Cook on low for *6-8 hours. When chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 30 minutes to thicken. Serve over rice or quinoa.

*I find most crock pot recipes suggest cooking times that are really too long. Maybe it's just my crock pot, but I usually shave about 2 hours off the suggested times. You don't want the meat to get too dry so investing in a meat thermometer can be very handy.

Seriously, try this it is sooooo freakin dankkkkkk.

Instant Pot Garlic Mash Potatoes

Can use whole baby potatoes or 4 regular potatoes cut into 1" slices

Add 3 lbs of potatoes to instant pot.
Add 32 oz of chicken broth. (potatoes should be mostly covered in chicken broth)
Add 4 cloves of garlic. (or more)
Add Salt and pepper.

close lid, set instant pot to manul, high heat, high pressure, timer to 10 minutes with vent closed.

When instant pot beeps at 10 minutes, Quick vent to release, drain chicken broth.
In bowl mash potatoes, milk, butter.

Shakshuka is LIFE. I make it for breakfast or dinner every couple of weeks, and it's a great way to use up any onions or fridge veggies that are no longer crudite-worthy (flaccid carrots and celery, wrinkly bell peppers, etc.) Here's Smitten Kitchen's recipe.
Shakshuka is also a slang expression of making a scam, or doing something in a non focused and confused manner. I.e “You totally made a Shakshuka of your last term paper”, “They made a Shakshuka and sold me a lemon”. I’m totally Shakshuka now....

• Funny!
Reactions: Ori Adair
LOL.. Love this. Yet another "new thing" that my grandmother did.... I have been using a pressure cooker, altho not automatic/electronic or renamed as an "instant pot", ever since I was learning to cook as a kid. For short small meals I have found the asian art of wok cooking over high heat is usually faster, and many times better, bc you can add ingredients @ different times to vary the textures in the meal. Bon Appétit y'all.

Reactions: Slapstick
LOL.. Love this. Yet another "new thing" that my grandmother did.... I have been using a pressure cooker, altho not automatic/electronic or renamed as an "instant pot", ever since I was learning to cook as a kid. For short small meals I have found the asian art of wok cooking over high heat is usually faster, and many times better, bc you can add ingredients @ different times to vary the textures in the meal. Bon Appétit y'all.

Yeah, Instant Pots glorified pressure cookers. But that's not a bad thing if they motivate people to either cook at home more, or expand on their culinary skills.

I can say that I cook 2-3x more per week now with the Instant Pot, and have been bringing at least 4 meals to work each week. I've never used a pressure cooker before, but I'm glad it's essentially bundling a lot of different devices into one, and in a form factor with timer that is easy to use.

Reactions: Gen
I must try out that Ramen recipe!

I LOVE my instant pot. both rice and hard boiled eggs come out pretty perfect in it. I made a beef stroganoff recipe a few months ago that was amaaazing. I think this is it: https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/instant-pot-beef-stroganoff/

I'm looking forward to when I feel more comfortable using the instant pot without a recipe

I've never used a pressure cooker, as haven't really had a need to. But, I do prefer to do traditional cooking for the reasons you stated. I can add things to it as needed during the cooking time. Also, for me, cooking is a bit of a time to just focus on that instead of twenty other things.

Have also found that I have more cooking utensils and pots/pans than I really need. While I do have crock pot (slow cooker), I have really only used it once and didn't care for it. Being that I'm in a downsizing mode, I'll probably round a lot of things up and sell or donate.

I loooove my instant pot since I don't usually have a ton of time to cook at night. Fair warning though, let it naturally decompress with most meats. Learned that the hard way the first time I made a roast off the slow cooker option...

• Helpful!
Reactions: LunaJayde
Damn, I keep reading about Instant Pot (and I keep thinking INSTANT WEED???), and now I definitely want to get one.
These pics are making me drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.