AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Kavanaugh/Ford Hearing

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was an Obama nominee (assuming he'd get any hearing at all Merrick Garland ) and behaved like that, the Republicans would have hysterics.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/29/6244...errick-garland-in-2016-and-why-it-matters-now

I don't understand how Obama couldn't elect Garland? It seems odd. Something about a "Biden Rule" which is weird. How could the Democrats not do this right? The most inept party ever?

"But even before Obama had named Garland, and in fact only hours after Scalia's death was announced, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell declared any appointment by the sitting president to be null and void. He said the next Supreme Court justice should be chosen by the next president — to be elected later that year."

How does THAT happen? It seems so odd that Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanagugh get elected so easily but Obama's guy can't catch a break?

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/29/6244...errick-garland-in-2016-and-why-it-matters-now

I don't understand how Obama couldn't elect Garland? It seems odd. Something about a "Biden Rule" which is weird. How could the Democrats not do this right? The most inept party ever?

"But even before Obama had named Garland, and in fact only hours after Scalia's death was announced, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell declared any appointment by the sitting president to be null and void. He said the next Supreme Court justice should be chosen by the next president — to be elected later that year."

How does THAT happen? It seems so odd that Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanagugh get elected so easily but Obama's guy can't catch a break?
It wasn't up to Obama. Congress never went into recess, blocking Obama from making a recess appointment.
The republicans were in the majority in Congress and McConnell refused to schedule any confirmation hearings for Garland. The democrats had no power to change that (like now) being in the minority.
There is no "Biden Rule", that was just McConnell's bullshit excuse.
The night of Obama's first inauguration, McConnell told fellow republicans that they wouldn't co-operate with Obama about anything. Garland is just an extension of that obstruction.

It wasn't up to Obama. Congress never went into recess, blocking Obama from making a recess appointment.
The republicans were in the majority in Congress and McConnell refused to schedule any confirmation hearings for Garland. The democrats had no power to change that (like now) being in the minority.
There is no "Biden Rule", that was just McConnell's bullshit excuse.
The night of Obama's first inauguration, McConnell told fellow republicans that they wouldn't co-operate with Obama about anything. Garland is just an extension of that obstruction.

So this is a political game. Even when the Democrats win the presidency, they don't win? I would call McConnell's actions war, but, it seems like they won. I don't think the ordinary average persons was thinking bout the Supreme Court when they voted on Trump vs. Hillary, but this is what we got.

It would have been nice for Obama to pick his 3rd Supreme Court Jusitice. He did get two women in which is great but this flak from the Republican party is disconcerting. I'm not sure who McConnell is representing. It seems like old people.

I don't know what it takes people to vote, but, there has to be more people finding a voting station and driving and walking to it (it's not that hard and you don't have to vote democrat or republican).

Reactions: dilligaf0
Obama was afraid to look like an angry black man by arguing too hard for anything. He sold out his own people the same way senator Collins did today. Unfortunately, the more privileged Dem voters value the appearance of liberal views and politeness over actual change. So, for the blue party, sitting on a high horse and watching the world burn is just as good as winning. Now they can all point at Trump and call him terrible like we didn't already know it and pretend they're not complicit in the things he's managing to pull off.
Also, I couldn't find my bottle opener, and my $3 wine inexplicably had a cork. So, I drank beer instead. The evil has not won. Muwahaha.

His college roommates said he lied about not getting "extremely drunk" which he said he never did.
He said it under oath before Congress.
Perjury.
Judges are supposed to present the appearance of calm and composure.
Temper tantrums, though in style from the White House on down, do not present that appearance.
Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens (a conservative) no longer supports Kavanaugh because of his display during his hearing.
He's not qualified.

But that is not what he said.

He did not assert that he never drank too much. He did not assert that he never got sick when he drank or that he did not fall asleep while under the influence of alcohol. In fact, he testified that he did, in fact, sometimes have too much to drink.

He specifically denied that he ever “blacked out” from drinking or that he drank so much that he could not remember what happened the night before. While a number of people claim that Kavanaugh “downplayed” his drinking, no one has been able to demonstrate actual memory loss. His former roommate has said that he saw Kavanaugh in a state that he “would consider” blackout

Now there is only one way a person, who could know that another person is blackout drunk, and that would a require conversation the next day something along those "Brett, last night you were singing "I am little teacup in the middle of a street in your underwear." Brett, "no way I did that." Roommate, Yes, you did here is Poloraid of you, or Sue and Joe tell Bretta about what he did last night. Brett, Oh shit, I have no memory of that. Now that would be evidence of "blackout out". I have seen no evidence of that.

What some of the folks in college said is that Kavanaugh was passed out drunk. There is a critically important difference between blackout drunk and passed out drunk. Passed out drunk is basically sleeping maybe waking up to go to the bathroom to throw up or take a piss. Blackout drunk means you could do funny things like sing stupid songs in the middle street, or evil things like sexual assault a girl and have no memory of it.

As far as perjury, that's whole another discussion.

In a previous post, I said I didn' think a single Senator switched their vote because of the anger Brett displayed. I just listened to Senator Murkowski speech it seems like she was one of the rare (only?) exceptions.

So this is a political game. Even when the Democrats win the presidency, they don't win? I would call McConnell's actions war, but, it seems like they won. I don't think the ordinary average persons was thinking bout the Supreme Court when they voted on Trump vs. Hillary, but this is what we got.

It would have been nice for Obama to pick his 3rd Supreme Court Jusitice. He did get two women in which is great but this flak from the Republican party is disconcerting. I'm not sure who McConnell is representing. It seems like old people.

I don't know what it takes people to vote, but, there has to be more people finding a voting station and driving and walking to it (it's not that hard and you don't have to vote democrat or republican).
Exactly.
There are no protections from extremes when The Senate, House and the White House are all of the same party.
McConnell is representing the extreme conservative part of the party.

His college roommates said he lied about not getting "extremely drunk" which he said he never did.
He said it under oath before Congress.
Perjury.
Oh boy... he should do hard prison time for that accusation alone.

The left apparently can't find any "dirt" regarding his time as a lawyer & judge so they are grasping at straws.

Does the stupid shit you did in HS & college define you?

Now that's funny!

How would looking like an angry black man have accomplished anything?
I'm not saying he would. I'm saying he was too cautious. He didn't fight for anything in order to stay polite or whatever.

Oh boy... he should do hard prison time for that accusation alone.

The left apparently can't find any "dirt" regarding his time as a lawyer & judge so they are grasping at straws.

Does the stupid shit you did in HS & college define you?
I didn't lie about it to get appointed to the Supreme Court.

He was quite adamant about how you could keep your doctor under his health plan.

Other than that lie, he was spineless, especially with Russia.

And trump said "everyone" would have great health insurance when he was campaigning, but after he got in office his minions in Congress helped him take insurance away from thousands. Don't give me the insurance lie bullshit.

He was quite adamant about how you could keep your doctor under his health plan.

Other than that lie, he was spineless, especially with Russia.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to anything I've said. Politically, he was pretty centrist. The only people who really have any room to still be mad about Obama are the black community, especially women, who carried him and were not then considered. The fact that those who didn't want him in the first place feel wronged when he didn't change a darn thing and couldn't even bring himself to get his nominee on deck for the SCOTUS is much more about you than anything politically.

Thanks for dumbing it down for me.

How many times have you testified under oath to get a job?

I'm confused what your point is in asking that?

Because the point @dilligaf0 is making is that he knew he was under oath - penalty of perjury - and lied.

He lied about some stupid shit he did in high school and college. Under oath. Under penalty of perjury.

No one said it defines him. The point is he lied under oath.

I just want to say I love you @JickyJuly and appreciate your points of views so much.

Can anyone explain why?
Chuck Grassley could probably attempt it sadly again, though it would likely make even less sense now than it did then.

The Kavanaugh/Ford hearing and all the right-wing propaganda going around rn about "false rape allegations" has genuinely had me too angry to even think about broadcasting this last week, for the safety of myself and every male in my room.

• Hugs
I just wish that with the Me too movement things might have changed. Oh well, maybe with the next election people go to the polls?

The movement seemed to become a double edged sword as time went by. Initially things were hunky dory. Weinstein seeing any form of justice is a good thing and seems impossible to argue against. Public perception started to take a hit with the Aziz Ansari accusation. Then the Enzo Amore firing put a spotlight on what many believe is accusations being used as a tool. Then Argento made the news again and those claiming allegiance to the movement stumbled over each other with absurd hypocrisy and blatant sexism. Really undermined the legitimacy of the movement which then seemed to have disappeared from the news. The lack of real justice for victims makes me wonder how history will remember the movement. I'd love to be more positive about it but recent results aren't really allowing me to.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SMuser69
I find it ridiculous that Collins, the person that demanded Al Frankin resign after the allegations about him came out (which compared to Kavanaugh was mild), believed and supported Kavanaugh.
Those people have no honor.

Reactions: clementinefizz
Status
Not open for further replies.