AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2010
With Skyrim out and Mass Effect 3 soon coming out I don't necessarily have the time to start playing this game now BUT I did check out the demo and I know this game will be bought and played sometime later on. The graphics and narration remind me a lot of the first fable and would suggest anyone to anyone that enjoys having fun to check it out.

I was looking at this only about an hour or two ago and it looked really interesting, I would have bought it but it's kind of expensive

Downloading the demo now!

When I wrote this out I was thinking of you especially, Amber. I know you aren't into mass effect and a lot of this game so far reminded me of a lot of other games I enjoyed and I only played the demo. I heard the game is massive, though.

I have been playing Amalur, and it's a very good game. The class i chose is pure finesse since i like the focus on mobility for defense, and heavy dot damage with poisons, and bleeding. I say pure finesse because the game tries to give you an incentive to combine elements from multiple skill trees.

My main complaints with the game so far are that zone progression feels a bit odd. I skipped a bunch of side quests, and i still made all enemies grey (like in mmo grey) before i had progressed to a new set of zones. Thankfully there is some level scaling for dungeons.

Another thing is the presentation of conversations. I don't mind that the protagonist is silent, but he just stands there stone faced when a guy is talking to him. Not sure why they didn't put any effort into making him even remotely attentive.

I've played it for about 2 hours, and it's not a bad game. RPG purists aren't probably going to like it because it feels very simplified, and the areas seem relatively small. It reminds me of Dragon Age 2 (also published by EA), in that it has a good story and good stuff in it, but they dumbed it down so much it plays more like an arcade game than an rpg.

guess i'm not a rpg purist then, I can enjoy skyrim but I don't need every game to be exactly like that. Someone compared it to champions of norrath and I don't know if that's exactly true because i havent played it yet but if that is anything remotely true then I am excited because champions of norrath 2 on the PS2 is one of my favorite games ever.

Well I wasn't talking about Skyrim, or really criticising the game, but some people WILL dislike the simplicity as they did with DA2. Simplification can sometimes (not always) indicate a reduction in choice, experimentation and immersion - key elements of RPGs.

sorry it's just been something that i've been dealing with when I was watching game play videos on youtube and the conversation being comparing/contrasting it to Skyrim, and for some reason I was brilliant and replied to your post 3 minutes before leaving for work.

As a person who was up Dragon Age:Origins ass since day one and how quickly I put Dragon Age 2 down, I hope this game doesn't go down the path of DA2. The reason I put DA2 down so quickly was how small the map was, the dungeons looking exactly the same, the storyline not getting my attention and the characters giving me no reason to give a damn about any of them, at all basically the exact opposite of origins. So far of everything I've seen of this game I enjoyed but it is just the demo so I can only hope that it can be more compared to the first Fable than Dragon Age 2.

I hadn't bought this when it came out because the demo didn't impress me that much, but now it's on Playstation Plus. And I have to say, it's one of my favorite recent additions to PS+. :)

Reactions: JFFootball2
Got this the other day for $20 for PS3. Totally worth it. And I'm not sure about the Fable comparisons. Fable, I played all of Fable 2, and that was about all the Fable I could ever play.

I started playing it this week, too. I'm not very deep into the main quest yet, but I gotta say I've been having fun clearing all the side quests in the first couple of towns. I can definitely see the point of the Fable comparisons. Third-person action combat fantasy rpg with a colorful, cartoon style. I can also definitely see the roots of its early mmorpg aspirations, with the big world size, impressive dungeons, and tons of loot drops. It's actually kind of nice to feel sort of epic at early levels, since most Western RPGs seem to be a bit more strict about earning your way out of rag armor and rusty weapons. I like that I was smashing boggarts with my huge, flaming hammer at level two, and had a player home completely upgraded by level 4. Sometimes a guy just likes a Monty Haul game, y'know?

Worst thing about this game? I really want to play it, but I can't bend over far enough to put it in my PS3, right now. Damn my daffy placement of consoles! And why'd I take it out? smh

Reactions: zippypinhead
Status
Not open for further replies.