AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Laptop + external monitor

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't found a proper thread to post in, so making a separate one.

I'm thinking of buying a desktop computer when I can, but I'm really eager to already buy a monitor. I have Dell XPS 13 and although it's strong enough to handle camming, it's 13 inches, urgh. I'm tired of MFC saying I'm using a super small screen and I hate that MFC is right :D

I guess it could be a good idea to buy an external monitor and connect it to my laptop. Like the first part of my future desktop. However, I have only micro HDMI (and USB, of course) ports in my laptop. So I guess I'll have to use 1 (USB to VGA) or even 2 cables (micro HDMI to HDMI + HDMI to VGA) to connect the monitor.
Has anybody maybe tried something like that? Do you think it's a working solution? If so, please share the experience :)

Anyhow, I'd also appreciate some advice on a good big computer monitor: what would you recommend? I guess I'd like to get smth starting at 21". I'm willing to dig and learn more about CRI and stuff to choose consciously, but I'd love to hear some advice first.

I have an XPS15 laptop with a micro HDMI port that's connected to my ASUS 27" monitor. Both have the micro HDMI port, so it works fine. Nice thing about using a laptop with an external monitor is you can use both at the same time. so, if you do camming on your large monitor, and then email, etc on the other you're golden. Most monitors have at least two HDMI ports, and a standard VGA so you should be able to connect two computer to the monitor and use whichever one you want.

I guess it could be a good idea to buy an external monitor and connect it to my laptop. Like the first part of my future desktop. However, I have only micro HDMI (and USB, of course) ports in my laptop. So I guess I'll have to use 1 (USB to VGA) or even 2 cables (micro HDMI to HDMI + HDMI to VGA) to connect the monitor.
Has anybody maybe tried something like that? Do you think it's a working solution? If so, please share the experience :)

My mom has to do something similar when she works from home (office job, script testing & stuff), because the monitors a friend gave her have HDMI but her computer only has old-school VGA ports, so she got converters for them.

A lot of monitors these days use HDMI instead of VGA, so if you get one like that, you'll only need the one converter to micro HDMI.

@ForceTen @SaffronBurke thank you guys! I haven't even thought they make monitors with HDMI now :D It's ridiculous that I'm quite savvy with technical stuff in general, but in some particular cases I'm such a grandma :D

Thus, I'd love to hear some recommendations on monitors: what's the best brand in your opinion, maybe some specific model or a very important parameter I should consider, cuz my knowledge in the area of monitors is limited. Well, basically, which one do you use and if you can recommend it :)

Reactions: Lelo1
Remember that you're not limited to things specifically labelled "computer monitor"--when I cam from my living room I use HDMI out from my laptop to connect my TV.
True! But I don't have one and I don't feel like I want to invest in it, cuz I don't watch TV (well if one day I have an Xbox I'll get a big TV ^^).
I mean, if I had a TV in my rented apartment, I'd definitely use it, but meh.
Plus, I want to get a desktop eventually and this is a good step in between, I think :)

Haven't found a proper thread to post in, so making a separate one.

This is off topic, but girl, you are KILLIN' it in your animated GIF in your signature. :)

Reactions: AmberHoney
Most monitors today you can't go wrong. Asus, HP, ViewSonic, Hitachi all are good.
Thanks! I've just watched a 20 min video about different types of matrices :bucktooth:
And I guess I'll just buy something budget with good reviews :D If I decide to upgrade for something fancy in future, I'll do a more thorough research.

@Songbird_Shelly thanks girl! :cat: I'm seriously happy to hear it :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.