AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lets gather up some info on this new promoted feature

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1601518519553.png

The above image was sent to me a few minutes ok, what I see on the featured model list is that the model in position #9 always says PROMOTED and it changes every single time I refresh. Does that mean its not really 5 minutes of exposure or does it pause the 5 minutes when you aren't being displayed? 🤷‍♂️ I don't know yet. @punker barbie you got any details on this surprise change?

Upvote 0
yup definitely allowing studio accounts to do it, oooooooo customer service is going to be so busy

I was just checking this feature out & hitting refresh to get an idea how many models were in the “pool” (seemed like roughly 6-8 at the time I checked, based on how soon it was before I started seeing the same models). I definitely saw a couple obvious studio models in there and started to wonder.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
Useful feature but too pricey for me as I doubt it would convert to even a fraction of profit
could be a menu entry (700 tokens to help my promotion) you convert 50 immediately ;)

Upvote 0
The price seems to change - first it was 150tk for 5 minutes and then 120tk for 5 minutes, and now on the third check its 80tk...

I hope this does not mean that even the little traffic I used to have, will disappear unless I pay to promote occasionally...

Upvote 0
The price seems to change - first it was 150tk for 5 minutes and then 120tk for 5 minutes, and now on the third check its 80tk...

I hope this does not mean that even the little traffic I used to have, will disappear unless I pay to promote occasionally...
im sure its based on demand, so if people aren't using it then it goes down in price. its only 1 slot, slot #9, it can't possibly have any real negative impact on the traffic in your room.

Upvote 0
"for 5 minutes" ¹.... ¹an undisclosed number of seconds or fractions of a second over 5 minutes. Doubt it's worth even the 50 minimum, at 650 it's a "when I feel good enough you will see your room on the homepage" hustle, though I guess it's slightly better than the "buy traffic" ² offer .... ² viewers without tokens

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are aspects of the CB API that do not function on the Test Bed, greatly inconveniencing coders. There are two methods (cb.getRoomOwnerData, cb.getRoomUserData) that could allow coders to do things like suspend your tip menu from advertising when you are in private, privately notify your users on entry that you are in private with a custom message to get them to wait, or send private notices (public chat can't see) to all token holding users rather easily, etc. These two methods are brand new and through some oversite they both require an active cam just to test... imagine streaming for 20 hours while writing code. (insert crying face here). PMs do not persist after a refresh/loss of connectivity. We still can't even set custom thumbnails for bio media (images/vids). Not to mention the constant requests I read on Twitter asking for some type of offline contact system (virutal mail/messaging -- like on MFC).

And now a new 'promotion' feature that was launched with bugs (studio account issue/no confirmation/fluctuating prices without explanation).

I see the usefulness of it... but at some point you should fix the things that are broken or missing before adding those luxury features you dream about before bed.

Upvote 0
Well, I didn't use it and now , with 110k followers I have only 13 users in my room.
Maybe now they will punish me, because I don't spend tokens for that, but lmao let's be real here.
It's pricey.
And I see in that promoted thing several girls there, which are already and always on front page.

Upvote 0
Lol seems like instead of fighting all the cheaters buying fake member viewers from Russian farms and polluting the homepage now CB has decided they want a piece of the cake and are going to start selling the homepage to the highest bidder aka the stupidest models and studios making it even harder now for legit camgirls to rise on the homepage. I can’t say I am excited to comeback to this when my break is over. Chaturbate should realize compromising your site’s quality isn’t worth the usd $500 per hour per spot they plan on earning from this operation. Also what a JOKE the contest is now paying the top girl $10 PER HOUR of top quality entertainment while you SELL the 9th spot for about $500 an hour. They should give at least half the profit to the poor souls who will be busting their ass entertaining their viewers and carrying all the dead weight of the cheaters and the bidders on that homepage. Maybe it’s time top performers explore other options.

Upvote 0
Doesn't seem worth it if the prices rise that high. The models who can afford probably don't need it, and the ones who need won't be able to justify the cost. Maybe someone who's in that middle range, but who knows.

And if this is for the featured page and not divided by gender then it only really benefits female models.

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
I wouldn't say its compromising the sites quality with it just being the #9 slot but I don't think its a good system in its current state. I think a better idea (if you wanted to keep the slot #9 system) would be to make sure those 5 minutes were 5 minutes of their thumbnail actually being displayed rather than just a chance to be displayed based on the rotation. I realize this may take a while to display a full 5 minutes (depending on how much competition) so perhaps a cancel option to cancel early in case the model needs to log off before the time is used up and then refund a percentage based on the time remaining.

Upvote 0
Well, I didn't use it and now , with 110k followers I have only 13 users in my room.
Maybe now they will punish me, because I don't spend tokens for that, but lmao let's be real here.
It's pricey.
And I see in that promoted thing several girls there, which are already and always on front page.

i made 2766 tokens in 150 hours online in September. I could make this in a night last year. I know every site has a slow day here and there, but come on, 2766 tokens in 1 month online? What is this? They clearly did something to my account, many people complain about this traffic disappear suddenly, i am sure chaturbate chooses manually who is going to get traffic and who won't, this is just stupid, and now they want us to PAY to get exposure lmao fuck this. Instead of adding offline messages, that we have been asking for years and cb is the only site without this feature, they keep adding a bunch of stupid shit just to take more money from us. Even camcontacts from the freaking 1990's has a offline message system but cb dont

Upvote 0
When I checked out this feature last night, I was mainly looking to see the following:

1) A general idea how many models were “in the pool” at the time based on how many times I had to refresh the page before I started getting all the same models (It was maybe 6-8 models at the time I tested it Wednesday night)
2) If I could even achieve seeing the same model more than once (I saw them all multiple times, surprisingly... until the end, when time overlap caused a couple new pool dwellers to rotate in)
3) If there was a noticeable difference in room count for those models over the few minutes they were being “promoted” (beginning from when I first saw them, which may not have told the whole story). That varied depending on the model. One appeared to gain around a dozen visitors. A handful of them gained between 3-7 visitors or thereabouts. Some did not gain at all.

I think the last point is important because it shows that sometimes the fact that you’re not on Page 1 is not the whole issue. In the end, the right kind of visitors have to be browsing the site when you promote (which is hard to predict), and then the model has to be able to reel them in from the sea of other thumbnails.

Reactions: DoD404 and Mila_
Upvote 0
Male model gaypoonboy states it "worked really well" for him.

When you think about it, it does make sense to be better for male models since position #9 is usually higher than all other males.

Edit: note, he did it today, theres less competition today and the prices ranged from 170-220
Hmm, I wonder what his avg placement was before using it

The one thing with males models in comparison to female models is that you can be on the top of the page and still not make anything significant in tips which makes it riskier if the cost is high.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I wonder what his avg placement was before using it

The one thing with males models in comparison to female models is that you can be on the top of the page and still not make anything significant in tips which makes it riskier if the cost is high.
You can see his positions (rank) on cbhours now but its based on featured rather than just the male category, im adding gender position (rank) today or tomorrow.

Upvote 0
When I checked out this feature last night, I was mainly looking to see the following:

1) A general idea how many models were “in the pool” at the time based on how many times I had to refresh the page before I started getting all the same models (It was maybe 6-8 models at the time I tested it Wednesday night)
2) If I could even achieve seeing the same model more than once (I saw them all multiple times, surprisingly... until the end, when time overlap caused a couple new pool dwellers to rotate in)
3) If there was a noticeable difference in room count for those models over the few minutes they were being “promoted” (beginning from when I first saw them, which may not have told the whole story). That varied depending on the model. One appeared to gain around a dozen visitors. A handful of them gained between 3-7 visitors or thereabouts. Some did not gain at all.

I think the last point is important because it shows that sometimes the fact that you’re not on Page 1 is not the whole issue. In the end, the right kind of visitors have to be browsing the site when you promote (which is hard to predict), and then the model has to be able to reel them in from the sea of other thumbnails.
5 minutes on the homepage is nothing unless you have something interesting going in your room and all you need is that initial boost to get a ton of people clicking because if that’s the case once the 5 min expire you will still have pulled and hooked enough premium members to keep you floating somewhere on the homepage until the end of the show. But you need to hook them with your show. So I only see this paid promotion working if you come with a plan already and you know how to entertain. In which case it’s cheaper to open a brand new account and use the “new” tag than to pay for 5 min.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't say its compromising the sites quality with it just being the #9 slot but I don't think its a good system in its current state. I think a better idea (if you wanted to keep the slot #9 system) would be to make sure those 5 minutes were 5 minutes of their thumbnail actually being displayed rather than just a chance to be displayed based on the rotation. I realize this may take a while to display a full 5 minutes (depending on how much competition) so perhaps a cancel option to cancel early in case the model needs to log off before the time is used up and then refund a percentage based on the time remaining.
Two things, first: we don’t know how this will evolve. It could be a test drive to know how much they actually make per spot sold so they can maybe start leasing more and more space on the homepage. You don’t know if 3 months down the line they will have 30% paid spots or something like that. A couple of years ago they tried to make an offshoot of Chaturbate for non-nude models and the system they had going was they would make the models pick their payout rate and the lower your cut the higher they would display your cam, its like a type of blackmail.. the lower you are willing to take home, the more we will promote you. It’s shameful. it’s the same idea as this: sell the honepage to the suckers who are willing to give the site a higher cut. MFC has it too only in their case it’s not a part of the system but the models abusing the camscore rinsing their own earnings and lowering their payout cut.

Second: it’s a message you send, consider the difference between this and telling your models: if you are entertaining enough and manage to hook and keep the attention of the largest number of members for an entire hour I will reward you with a #1 position and a cash prize of $10. Sure the cash prize was ridiculous but models will compete just for the pride of being #1 and you are incentivizing them to come up with new ideas for shows, with ways to shock and awe and marvel making your homepage dynamic and exciting. Now consider what they are doing now: telling models they can BUY their way into the homepage no matter how bland and uninteresting they are... adding to the issue of the cheaters with the bots. It tells models they don’t need to innovate or be exciting just shell cash. It tells the ones sweating and creating an amazing show for the viewers that their effort is stupid because it can simply be bought by anyone with $20 or $30 to shell out. It’s telling people they don’t give a shit about the quality of the streams being featured and it comes across as money hungry on their part if they need to ask the models to dish cash to be featured instead of getting it from members or the 100 banners they surround our streams with. There’s a line somewhere and it’s way behind them.

Upvote 0
Ok, I was watching now girl which used promoting stuff , and she had 12 users on beginning - and ater 3-4min she had max 14 users.
She has sexy lingerie.
Maybe it's already saturated, or maybe guys are confused and seems it didn't help her.
And now price is 190 tokens.

Reactions: sugar_bonnie
Upvote 0
It tells models they don’t need to innovate or be exciting just shell cash. It tells the ones sweating and creating an amazing show for the viewers that their effort is stupid because it can simply be bought by anyone with $20 or $30 to shell out.

😐 I don't believe you believe that. Put on a crap show and it doesn't matter if they are in position #9 or not they aren't going to make as much as an entertaining model in the same position. I would be surprised if they make even 20% of what you used to make even if they were permanently position #9. (even if we pretend you never got above position #10 :giggle:)

It’s telling people they don’t give a shit about the quality of the streams being featured and it comes across as money hungry on their part if they need to ask the models to dish cash to be featured instead of getting it from members or the 100 banners they surround our streams with. There’s a line somewhere and it’s way behind them.

Yeah it does come off as a money grab of course but at the same time it is something many models have wanted to do, pay for traffic. Models have tried to do it with exoticads several times but thats even more expensive and inferior performing than this new promotion system. I'm not a fan of the system but if it takes money away from those traffic scammers then i'm ok with it.

Edit: It would probably perform better if it didn't rotate during the 45 second thumbnail refresh, if you don't click it in time and the model lists refresh then thats it you can't just find it unless you remember the name. If it were a normal model you would just look around at the other positions and find the model.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, I was watching now girl which used promoting stuff , and she had 12 users on beginning - and ater 3-4min she had max 14 users.
She has sexy lingerie.
Maybe it's already saturated, or maybe guys are confused and seems it didn't help her.
And now price is 190 tokens.
yes i see that too now, first of all the promoted room is changing every few seconds, i dont see the model there 5 min as they say... second people trying but to start with 10 users and see they leave with 11 and paied, wont make them pay again..

Upvote 0
Two things, first: we don’t know how this will evolve. It could be a test drive to know how much they actually make per spot sold so they can maybe start leasing more and more space on the homepage. You don’t know if 3 months down the line they will have 30% paid spots or something like that. A couple of years ago they tried to make an offshoot of Chaturbate for non-nude models and the system they had going was they would make the models pick their payout rate and the lower your cut the higher they would display your cam, its like a type of blackmail.. the lower you are willing to take home, the more we will promote you. It’s shameful. it’s the same idea as this: sell the honepage to the suckers who are willing to give the site a higher cut. MFC has it too only in their case it’s not a part of the system but the models abusing the camscore rinsing their own earnings and lowering their payout cut.

Second: it’s a message you send, consider the difference between this and telling your models: if you are entertaining enough and manage to hook and keep the attention of the largest number of members for an entire hour I will reward you with a #1 position and a cash prize of $10. Sure the cash prize was ridiculous but models will compete just for the pride of being #1 and you are incentivizing them to come up with new ideas for shows, with ways to shock and awe and marvel making your homepage dynamic and exciting. Now consider what they are doing now: telling models they can BUY their way into the homepage no matter how bland and uninteresting they are... adding to the issue of the cheaters with the bots. It tells models they don’t need to innovate or be exciting just shell cash. It tells the ones sweating and creating an amazing show for the viewers that their effort is stupid because it can simply be bought by anyone with $20 or $30 to shell out. It’s telling people they don’t give a shit about the quality of the streams being featured and it comes across as money hungry on their part if they need to ask the models to dish cash to be featured instead of getting it from members or the 100 banners they surround our streams with. There’s a line somewhere and it’s way behind them.
You are right i was affraid of the same too, but i see is not what we think. Is only a room and is not affecting the other top models, i thought ill see the full first page promoted this will be bad. second, i see girls that paying for promotion are only those withput users and they go without users still.. so guess will be fine, for the hard working girls on the site from first pages ..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.